• Published 31st Dec 2021
  • 1,247 Views, 68 Comments

The Quiet Kid: Day by Day - aegishailstorm



The tale of a one man army's acclimation to day to day life in Equestria.

  • ...
63
 68
 1,247

PreviousChapters Next
Like a Quiet Kid in a Gun Shop

"So, I can fly?" William asked Luna. Over the past few day's, Luna's dreamtime visits had become more common occurrences, much to William's frustration, however, it had a few bonuses, most obvious of the them was the fact that William was sitting in the middle of an open field, as a pony. It's amazing what creatures will do for you when they aren't running scared of you.

"Well, yes, go on ahead, it's your dream." William slowly extended his new wings, and flapped them, sending him up into the air.

"Hah, yes!" He had gradually adjusted to the whole 'pony dreams' thing over the past few nights, a while ago, he had been ashamed of his own reflection, now, he was walking around out in the open, and, most recently, flying. Albeit, it was all just a dream in the end, somthing which, as much as he secretly wanted to happen in real life, would never. He insisted. He tried changing his direction, picking up speed. His movement cast long shadows across the medows and tree's below.

"This is awsome, I can see why Joey loves it." He exclaimed, feeling the wind rush though his beige fur. he stopped and hovered in place for a moment, chuckling at the thought.

"Heh fur, oh boy, what have I gotten myself into?" And then it hit him.

"wait, fur? Oh Sh*t." He glided down to the ground, his hooves impacting the grass with a soft *Thud*.

"Ugh, what's wrong with me? This ain't normal. But then again, it's my dream." He hung his head, his ears dropping low.

"That's enough of that heretic." He heard a voice from inside of him call. Out of insinct, his root-like horn lit up,glowing emerald green in the darkness of his dream. A shotgun appeared in it's aura. He heard rustling in the grass.

"What's out there?" He demanded.

"It's yo common sense, retard, miss me?" A humanoid figure climbed out of the brush, clad head to toe in black armor, it's helmet visor glowing red. It approached William, and slapped him in the face, knocking him to the ground.

"Heh, thanks William, I needed that." He said as the strange figure rustled his mane, his vision began to go black.

"No prob, William, or is it Hailstorm now?" It folded it's arms, and gave him a thumbs up. ''

" what is thee!?" The both looked over, to see Luna approaching them, eyes glowing and horn lit, she clearly thought that the being standing before her with black armor and red eyes was evil, and intended to do William harm.

"Luna, wait! That my common sense! "She stopped.

"Pardon?"

"Yeah, it's weird, I know, but he's not going to hurt me, quite the opposite in fact, we are the same person after all." The creature extended a hand, and yanked William to all fours. The 2 looked at each other, they knew exactly what the other was thinking. William tossed the Remington over to the being, and it in turn, tossed him a Tomahawk. They both turned to stare at Luna.

"Ya better git." The being in black armor said.

"Uh, I, Uh-" Before she could say another word, the two let a blood curdling laugh, and charged the alicorn of the night.

"Ahh!" Williams eyes shot open, and he sat up his bed.

"That was... Interesting, note to self, stop envying your friend. He's an alicorn, you're a human, oh when have I ever cared about that!?" He threw off the sheets, and lumbered down the hallway in the darkness, tripping and falling down the stairs in the process.






June 21st

William strolled down Ponyville's main street, passing by the various shops and residential homes as he did, even though he had pasted by them hundreds, if not thousands of times by now, it still felt refreshing to, the fact that he was actually in Equestria was still sinking in. Although all the noise, the hoof steps, the talking, and the giggling, oh, how he hated that. But that aside, nothing could ruin his day, it was the day before his birthday, and he was shopping, for himself. It may seem sad, or depressing at first, but no creature really knew him better than himself, plus, Equestian's were big into surprise parties, something he hated. Sure, he could've told Joey, but even then, the secret might still get out-

"And god help me if Pinkie finds out! "He grumbled out loud. He reached into his BDU pocket, and retrieved a crumpled piece of paper, unfolding it, he looked down the list.

"Alright, let's see, mint chip icecream...Check, cold coffee...check, laptop... Also check. Ah, this is a big one, PEACE AND QUIET." He looked around, and sighed in defeat.

"Hmm, alright, I got most of the stuff. Rest I can just create out of thin air. Eh, I'm hungry." He rounded the corner, and headed into the nearest restaurant.

"Uh, hi sir, can I get you anything?" The earth pony at the counter asked.

"One chocolate doughnut, whipped cream on top." He tossed 2 bits on the counter.

"Here you go!" He heard a familiar voice shriek.

"Ugh, Pinkie, go away. I'm not in the mood to kill anything right now." He took his doughnut, sat down at the nearest table he could, and began to eat, taking slow and deliberate bites. He spotted Joey though the window, trotting down the street.

"Don't you dare come in here, whatever you do, don-" Of course, Joey turned, and in a moment, he was though the doorway.

"William! I didn't expect to see you here, something wrong?" He groaned in annoyance.

"No." He said dully.

"I may not know everything, but I do know when you're unhappy, so, what's wrong?"

"Classified."

"This again? Comon William."

"Let me eat my doughnut in peace." Joey's eyes went to the piece of paper sticking out of William's vest pocket.

"Hey, what's that?"


"Like I said, classified."

"Sure." William felt that warm buzz of magic on him. He looked down to see the piece of paper being lifted away, he grabbed for it, but was to slow. He watched helplessly as his Joey unfolded the piece of paper, sat down on the far side of the table, and began to read.

"A shopping list, this is what you were hiding?"


"Ugh, fine, what I'm about to tell you is actually classified." He leaned in close, "It's my birthday tomorrow."

"Really? Congrats!"

"Hey, not so loud, I like my privacy, especially on birthdays, just... promise you won't ruin it."


"Alright." William breathed out a sigh of relief, and finished the rest of his food.

"I'm off to the Everfree. Don't follow me."

"Poor William, hmm, ah, I know exactly how to make his birthday better, he can't possibly be mad at me for this!" Joey herried off to Twilight's castle.


June 22


"Ah, happy birthday me!" William shouted as he rolled out of bed, hitting the wood floor.

"Hey, William!" He whipped around, to find Joey, and Twilight, in his bedroom.

"AHHH! Leave me alone ponies, my birthday is my birthday!"

"Joey told me about it yesterday, we think we have just the thing for you!" Twilight exclaimed. Her horn flashed a familiar purple, and when it faded, they where standing in a patch of trees.

"What, you're stranding me out in the wilderness?" He asked sarcastically.

"No, look over there." William turned, though the treeline, was a parking lot. A human parking lot at that. Beyond it, was a building.

"You brought me to Earth? Why?"

"It's the yearly military hardware convention, in Texas!" A large, malicious smile began to spread across his face.

"You're joking."

"Nope, that over there, is the real deal. From what I could gather, there's companies from all over the world showing off their latest equipment."

"Oh, guy's, this, this is perfect!" Without another word, he wrapped the two in a hug.

"Thanks. "He ran off towards the convention.

"Well, now I suppose we just... wait around for him to be finished?" Joey nodded.

"It's hot out here!" They moved to the shade.

"Heh, perhaps I judged Joey to harshly-nah!" he broke though the treeline.


Several hours later...

"Hey, Twilight, William's back! And he's... carrying something in his hands..."


"Hey guys, got myself a present, boy, I'll put it this way, S.A.W technology has really improved since I I checked. He set the case down on the ground, and unlatched it, revealing the odd looking firearm within.

"This, is the Sig Sauer MG68 prototype. I wanted it the moment I laid eyes on it, now, let's get back to Equestria so I can test it out!" He carefully seated it back into it's case, and the group disappeared in a flash of light.

PreviousChapters Next