• Published 31st Dec 2021
  • 1,249 Views, 68 Comments

The Quiet Kid: Day by Day - aegishailstorm



The tale of a one man army's acclimation to day to day life in Equestria.

  • ...
63
 68
 1,249

PreviousChapters Next
The "Cheeseburger" Incident

So, I take it you're enjoying your food?" William asked Joey as the 2 sat of them sat a the opposite ends of a table. Joey was enjoying a hayburger, much to his friend's dissatisfaction. Hay isn't exactly something humans can easily digest. And meat was by no means, "Readily available," In Equestria. Sure he could have just had his friend, "Transform," Him again, and he damn well wasn't about to consume hay. So he sat there, hungry. As his eyes wandered across the space of the quaint Equestrian dinner, his mind began to draw up an idea.

"Hey, tell me Joey. What was the last time you ate meat, like, actual meat?" Joey swallowed another bite of his food, "I dunno, back when I was human?" William scratched his ear, and slammed his fist down on the table. " Same goes for me, I'm gonna go change that." Joey raised an eyebrow, "How?"

"Well, quite simple." A Remington 700 marksmen rifle appeared on the table. William proceeded to load the magazine and chamber a round. "I'm going hunting." The alicorn across from him finished the last bite of his meal. " You're what?"

"I'm going hunting, I'm hungry. I miss real food. " He slung the rifle over his shoulder. But as he turned to sit up, he felt a tug on the back of his vest. It was his friend, who had grabbed onto him with his magic. "Quick question, what do you plan on hunting?" He tapped his foot, and snapped in the air, "Eh, deer's out of the equation, so's rabbit. I used to have pet rabbit, named Dash. Left him back on earth. Cow's I guess?" Joey shrugged.

"Where the hay are you going to find a cow?" They both looked out the window, just in time to see Applejack, luging a cart of apples behind her, trotting down the road. "Bingo." Joey shook his head, "No William. You can't just go murdering her cows. I'm sure we could-" he hadn't finished his sentence before William had already charged out the door. And Was headed for her farm, much to Joey's bewilderment.

"Hey, wait up!" He cried out, flying off after him, a moment later, a screech of, "Sicut Vult!" As I will it, resonated out across the town. As he flew, Joey Bit back a curse, sure, he may have been his friend. But he was still at least somewhat sure that cow's in this world possessed sentience. Although, he could have been wrong. Regardless, come Tartarus or high water, William would get his fill.

As he neared the farm, he dove into a patch of bushes, rolling straight off the path. His time training with Army Rangers, and browsing YouTube for things that would most definitely have put him on an NSA watchlist. Top priority at that, he knew full well how to ambush and secure a compound, or at least. Evade enemy detection. Normally, he'd just walk down the main road clad in head to toe ballistic plates and and an LMG. Or pick them off from a distance with well placed, Call of Duty esque headshots. But this wasn't just another enemy fortification of compound. This was a farmhouse which belonged to a friend of his, the only thing he wanted here was a cow. A dead cow. On a barbeque.


From there, William moved to a relatively quiet part of the farm, a small patch of tree's on the western side. It provided ample concealment form any pegasi flying over head he should know. Being that he had flown over it multiple times when he was, "One of them." And the area itself looked like a less traveled and worn part of the farm than anywhere else. Plus, it came with the added bonus of overlooking the Cowpens. Prefect for what he was about to attempt. "Now I just have to lay here and wait for the sun to go down." He whispered to himself, rather than taking a nap as he usually would've. He began furiously pacing back and fort. Day dreaming about...Something.


"You know, I wonder if ponies can eat meat?" It was a question he had asked himself many times before. Although he had never received a valid answer. Being that most in this world would never dare test the theory. It was something he would have to go on and try 'next time'.


At last, after hours of lying in wait. Awaiting the daytimes departure and the cover of night. He Got up off the log he had taken to sitting on, and began picking out an adequate target. Which was quite difficult, considering that the majority of the herd had been moved to the interior of the ban. Regardless, there were still a few. And it didn't take long for him to find exactly what he was looking for. A bull, or male cow. On the far side of the field. A good 800 yard downrange from him. Not wanting to risk missing, and potentially hitting an " Unwanted," Target. William crept closer, being sure to use the shadows from the apple tree's to mask his approach. Using a laser rangefinder, and some basic geometry, he could now tell he was about 400 yards away. close enough so that he was sure that he wouldn't miss, but also far enough away so as to stay out of the cow's detection range.

" ...And, there we are." With a whisper, he laid the rifles thermal sight's on the cows head. Unfolded a bipod, took a breath. And pulled the trigger. The round left the barrel at at supersonic speeds, traveled across the meadow, and right into the skull of the bull. Killing it instantly, as soon as he was sure that he had a confirmed kill. William left his hiding spot and rushed to the corpse. feeling it over to ensure it was fully dead. He now faced the prospect of having to actually get it back home without being discovered.

Both fortunately and unfortunately, Joey was still out looking for him. And the muzzle flash from his Remington had been just enough for the alicorn to zero in on his position. And William watched through his NVG's as his friend landed before him. "So, you actually did it?" There was zero emotion in his voice. William pulled up his ski mask, and grinned. "Damn right I did. Would you be so gracious as to help me move the body?" He rolled his eyes.

" Where are you moving it?" William slung the rifle over his shoulder, "My house. I'm gonna eat well tomorrow!" His shout was quieter than usually, he still didn't want to wake the apple family up. And so, after cleaning up the field, and burring the blood. The 2 off them carried the cow to Williams house, dropping it off on his kitchen table.

"So, what now?" William scratched his head, and removed his helmet." Go home, get a good night's rest. I'll have this thing ready for lunch tomorrow. Joey did as told, and left. The door slammed behind him on the way out.


William's barbeque was set up in his backyard. On it lay 4 beef patties. Country music blared trough a set of speakers from inside, and he himself sat on a lawn chair, racking the bolt on an M4 back and forth, while occasionally stopping to check on the burgers. He had had a bit of practice back on earth making them. And he had spent the whole morning gathering supplies. When he heard hoofsteps behind him, he expected to find Joey. And he did, alongside the six.


"What are you making?" Applejack asked him, his expression didn't change, "Went hunting yesterday. This, is the result." twilight sniffled, "You mean, that's meat?" He nodded, 'Yes, and it's not for you. Now go, shoo." he waved them away. And turned back to finish his burgers, taking the patties off the grill, he set them inside buns, alongside cheese, lettuce, tomato's, and pickles. "You, Joey. Have one." His friend walked up to them, and eyed the first one on the plate, "Uh, are you sure?"

"Of course I am. Go on, try one!" Joey took a bite of it, chewed it for a few moment, then smiled. "So, do you like it?" Joey paused, "Are you kidding? Where did you learn how to cook like this?" The tone in his voice told William that ponies could indeed eat meat.

"Well..."

PreviousChapters Next