• Published 31st Dec 2021
  • 1,246 Views, 68 Comments

The Quiet Kid: Day by Day - aegishailstorm



The tale of a one man army's acclimation to day to day life in Equestria.

  • ...
63
 68
 1,246

PreviousChapters Next
Burn it to the ground: Part 2 (Season Finale)

"Previously on My Little P-"

"Gah! Why does this keep happening!? GET OUT OF MY ####ING HEAD!!!"

"Uh, William, who are you screaming at?" Joey asked William with concern as he ran. He blinked, "Oh, sorry. Anyway, back to breaking out of Tartarus." He kept running, completely disregarding to the 6's cries for him to stop and reconsider his method. He came to a stop at the base of the massive gate, and began plating blasting explosives around it. Within the span of 5 minutes, he had fully wired everything together, 6 industrial grade shaped charges, 15 pounds each. Eagerly, he jogged back about 200 feet, stopping only to take a quick breather. "Y'all are going to want to get behind something solid!" He informed them. Joey agreed, and the 8 creatures huddled up behind a large boulder. William pulled out a detonator, flipped the safety off. And gently gave the trigger a tap. The resulting blast was the largest William, or any of the ponies there had ever experienced. The whole cave shook, and they all clasped their hooves over their ears in pain. An instant later, it was all over. William could hear barking and screeching from the hundreds of other caged creatures in the cavern, all riled up from the explosion. To his satisfaction, every creature within 100 feet of ground zero had been all but eviscerated. Other's cried out in pain from shrapnel wounds and lay dying in their cages. He had no pity for them, after all, they where in Tartarus for a reason.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Move out!" William sprinted for the exit, and a moment later the armor clad form of William emerged from the smoking crater that was once the entrance to that damned cave. The coughing and sputtering ponies stubbled out behind him. "You could have told us to cover our ears first!" Rainbow explained, " Wasn't thinking about it then. C'mon!" He pulled off his helmet, and swapped out the heavy doomsday armor for a far lighter multicam kit. With the same amount of gusto as before, made off back up the long and winding pathway at a steady march.

"Should we be worried he's to excited about this?" Twilight questioned, Joey rolled his eyes. I think it's best we stay out of his way. You can't even use your horn's right now!" They all followed after him.

"And here it is!" William swung the door to his house open, letting the six and Joey inside. "It's... nice..." Twilight's voice trailed off, "Is everything you own this ugly?" Rarity asked in disgust. "Shut your damn mouth, I love this stuff." They followed him upstairs, past his locked bedroom, past the scratches on the wall from his skirmish with the E.S.F. All the way to a lone door at the end of the hallway, he reached down, and twisted the handle, swinging it open with a creak. "Behold, my... research."

"Uh, pardon me for asking, but why do you have all this?" Applejack mused, William spun around and snapped his finger, "Good question! I need some way to pass the time in this town. That, and other reasons..." He raised his head higher, and walked over to a bull pin board," Here it is, all the evidence I have that Cozy way up to something malicious. "How- why do you have this?" William chuckled, tapping his fingers on the desk below, "It's my obsession, what else to I have to say?"

"Well..." William cut the group off, and put both hands on the wall, " From the moment I met her, I knew she was up to something, I just had a gut feeling. I just never shared it with any of you 'till now, because I never had any solid evidence. We best be getting back to the school. Now." He turned to rush out the door, but Twilight stopped him. " You never fail to surprise me. " He ignored her, and stormed out of the house. Making sure that all of them were accounted for before he locked the door. He didn't want them in there a second longer than he had to. He rushed across town just as the sun set. Realizing that this would mean the dawn of the 3rd day, he ran even faster.

"Quiet Kid! Open the door!" He yelled out, banging on the front entrance of the school. When no response was given, he did the only logical thing a person in his position would do. Kick the door in and put that damned filly out of her mortal misery. "In the immortal words of one Ace Ventura; ALL RIGTHY THEN!!!" He brought back his foot, and spartan kicked the door dead center, unfortunately for him, it had already been open and unlocked. So instead of breaching the door and barging in like a true operator, he stumbled before a crowd of ponies and hit the ground face first. "Aghhh, ####!!!" He screamed, and got back up, instinctively, the crowd moved away from him. Angered, he jumped to his feet, only to find himself face to face with none other than chancellor Naysay himself. "You!!!" He lunged at the chancellor, grabbing him by the robe collar and pinning him to the ground. He put his left hand on his sidearm, slinging the rifle over his shoulder as he did. "Tell me where Cozy Glow is, now!" He stuttered.

"Help, somepony, anypony, help!!" William growled at this, "None of you move! Unless you want a pair of taser probes imbedded in your fur!!!" They took William's advice, and moved back further, "Now, where is she!? And don't play dumb with me you piece of ####, I'm in a very bad mood!" The Naysay tied to struggle away, and got a hard knuckle glove to the stomach in turn. Not giving him any time to breath, he pressed on, "Tell me!!!" He winced.

"Uh, we can talk about this like civilized creatures, ri-"He screamed in pain when a rubber bullet met his stomach at point blank range. "Can it asshole, I know you're in league with her!" William kicked him again. "You're helping her take Equesria's magic, ain't ya!?"

"Wait, what?" The tone in his voice was one of complete and utter confusion, despite the fact that William had beaten him near unconscious. "What are you talking about?" William shook his head, "Damnit, well. I don't regret this." he turned to Twilight and her friends who were just beginning to make their way through the doors. "You 6 keep him restrained, I'm goin' after Cozy." They looked at him as though he was insane, but decided that rendering aid to the traitorous chancellor that was lying on the ground was more important that trying to stop William. Something they knew full well they couldn't achieve in their current state.

William stomped his way down the long dark hallways of the school. Clearing the rooms one by one, at last. He came to the library. There he found an open grate leading to those same caverns which he had escaped from a few weeks prior. The sight of it still sent shivers down his spine. Regardless of how he felt about it, he knew he still had a job to do. So he pressed on, and descended down the crystalline stairway. He was coursing with adrenaline at this point. And was almost hoping that Cozy would try and put up a fight. Not that he himself wanted to get hurt, but simply because he hadn't quite scratched his violence itch for the day.

"Where are you, my little pony?" He asked in a sadistic tone as his boot's made contact with the ground. He was now going purely offence. He had one goal, hunt down Cozy and... remove her from the equation. He turned the corner to find a massive glowing symbol inscribed onto the ground. Floating in various positions in the air above where various artifacts from the the scavenger hunt a few months back. The one Discord had ruined oh so abruptly. William still held a grudge against him for that. There, in the center of it all, Was none other than Starlight Glimmer. Who also seemed to be a part of whatever spell Cozy was attempting, and an unwilling one at that.

"Heh, no so tough without your magic, are you now?" And then he spotted her, Cozy Glow. She was standing on the far side of the room with a wicked smile stretched across her face. Without a second thought, he propped up against the nearest wall, and set his M4's holographic reticle right in between her eyes. But as he moved to pull the trigger, he hesitated. "Wait, she's still a pony, and a pegasus at that. Sociopath or not. I can't just kill her." He sighed, but still kept his gun on her. "Hooves where I can see 'em!" Her head instantly swiveled around, trying to determine where the shout had come from. "William? W- why are you here?" The tone in her voice seemed to indicate that she hadn't been expecting him. Even with all the racket goin on upstairs.

"I'm here to put A stop to your bull####ery! Now, walk towards the entrance, slowly!" The filly hesitated. For a moment, laughed, and walked back into the shadows. "Ah screw it." He murmured, taking aim at her right fore hoof in an attempt to immobilize her. But by the time he had gotten his gun on target, a massive glowing appendage shot out from the sphere holding Starlight. William was quicker, he pulled a 40 mm grenade launcher from his... hehem, 'rear cargo pocket.' And put an HE (High Explosive) Shell right dead enter on target. Filling the enclosed space with a cacophony of light and noise. He was more than appreciative of his headset and specially designed shatterproof goggles designed to nullify the effects of flashbangs. The magical appendage was gone, so William jumped out from behind the corner and went after Cozy Glow.

As he passed the spell lattice, it once again tried to grab him. Luckily, he fought it off with a few passing swings of a bayonet and half a mag of hollow point ammunition from his rifle. He rounded another corner and sprinted a good 150 feet down a long hallway. Following the smaller than average hoof steps. " Don't run! It means less time for me to get through the Miranda rights!" He snickered at his own joke. But still kept the majority of his brain on the task at hand. He came to a stop at a small ray of moonlight shinning through a crack. Cozy glow had hopped through it, hopping that William couldn't follow. She had seriously underestimated both the structural integrity of the wall. And William's leg strength.

In complete silence he smashed his way through the crumbling rock wall. And out into the open air, he was at the base of a hill, over looking a wide open meadow. He could see the treeline of a forest just beyond it. He spotted her running through the middle of the field, unaware that he had caught up to her. "A moving target at nearly 250 yards out. At night. Oh ####." He tried cheering himself up with the common sniper saying: "What do you feel when you pull the trigger?"

"Recoil."

He smiled at the prospect of reminiscing about earth for a brief moment, then turned his attention back to Cozy. He swapped his infantry rifle for a Daniel Defense Mk 5 marksmen rifle. He let out a breath as he loaded a magazine filled with 6.5 Creedmoor rubber bullets. And breathed in again as he chambered a round. he looked down the night vision optic he had mounted to it, aimed it at he center mass. And pulled the trigger, a single gunshot echoed out across the hills and trees. He missed, quickly, he chambered another round. And dropped Cozy Glow where she stood. Screaming and crying in agony. "Gotcha." William went back to his M4 and approached the downed pegasus, maglight active. As he made it to her, he dropped down on one knee and e snapped a pair of high carbon steel handcuffs on over both her set's of hooves. Making sure to adjust them so they wouldn't slip off.

As he did this. A massive blast of multicolored energy pulsed out of the mountainside. William covered his face as the wave of magic passed over to him. And all in an instant, it was over. "Those idiot's must've figured out a way to stop the spell." He went back to the wounded filly, and saw that he had struck her right between the wings. "Get up." He grabbed the filly, and began to carry her back towards the school. He could hear cheering in the distance. But was distracted once more as she tried to struggle out of his grasp. "You ruined everything!" She cried out again and again. He held her firmly, " mess with the Quiet Kid, you get the rifle." He laughed.

"You aren't even that quiet!" She responded. This time around, he was silent. He was all the way around the hill, through another meadow, a patch of trees, and at last, the school courtyard. Where stood the 6, the school's students, Joey, the royal sisters. And last but not least, a very, very badly broken chancellor Naysay and a company of royal guardsponies. Even Nightshine and her E.S.F squadmates were there. All eye's followed him as he slowly walked through the court yard. He stopped at it's very center, right in front of the fountain. He looked over at the princesses, "I trust you know what to do with this?" Celestia nodded. "Thank you once again William. " She turned to Cozy, and said a few things to her that she would normally never utter in public. Before handing, or rather... hoofing her off the other royal guardsponies, her walked her away. He turned back to the crowd, and nodded. " You are welcome, please, don't applaud me. I just want to know one thing. Who got you back your magic? The young 6 began to step forward, but William stopped them. "Of course it was you. Well, credit where credit's due." He approached them and gave each of their dominant claw/ talon's/ hooves a nice firm shake. He spun back around again, and looked up at the night sky. "Hey, William, nice job catching Cozy." He looked down to find Joey with a look of approval on his face.

"I can't tell you how good it felt to shoot her." He smiled behind his balaclava. "And no, that didn't come out wrong. C'mon, let's go grab something to eat." He looked back at the young 6, and the E.S.F. "Well, what are y'all waiting for. You're all invited!"

"Oh, victory party!" Pinkie cried out. "No, not for you 6. Don't you dare intrude on us." He waved his hand, and walked off into the moonlight, surrounded, at least for now, by allies. As he did, he could practically hear Capt. Price's voice say.

"Mission accomplished." It was either that, or the fact that he had begun humming Pumped Up Kicks again, much to the delight of himself, and to the dismay of those around him.

"Sicut Vult." As he will's it.

PreviousChapters Next