• Published 13th Feb 2022
  • 1,957 Views, 3 Comments

A Fresh Start - DiamondandIce



A lot changed with Crystal Prep Academy after the Friendship Games.

  • ...
1
 3
 1,957

Dance Off

After the Rainbooms are done for a moment with Rarity's friend to perform next, the five Shadowbolts are done with their introductions with their guests and regroup with Principal Cadence.

“So girls, what do you think of our guests?” Cadence asked the group.

“Still feels awkward about how Yuri is in a suit.” Sunny sounds slightly annoyed.

“BEST NEW FRIEND EVER!” Lemon said.

“Yulaw is quite the gentleman, same goes with his twin Yuki. Though they were annoying at first, they are decent enough for me to trust them.” Sugarcoat said with a sigh.

“Wow, that is the first time we heard something positive from you.” Indigo nudge at Sugarcoat’s arm.

“Haha, very funny. How did yours go?”

“Just as I predicted, he is good at most sports that we have and he agrees to be part of the team!”

“I had a good chat with Izzy,” Sour Sweet said as her friends smirked at her. “What?”

“Nicknames already?” Sunny asked with her eyebrow raised.

“I mean, he was just so nice to me and I think he heard my sour side. But it seems he didn’t care, I wish we could talk more and for me to get to see him again.”

“Don’t worry, you will.” Principal Cadence said as she placed her hand on Sour Sweet’s shoulder as she raised her eyebrow on what her principal meant.

After the last performance, the five transferees approached them until they saw a music video played on a wide screen of the girls dancing with the band that performed earlier. They see that their video piques their interest as Izzy and Yuri want to take the dance floor which gave Sour Sweet and Sunny Flare an idea as they called them over.

“If you want we can give you boys a demonstration on how good we are?” Sunny asked and looked at her friends which they nod in agreement.

“Impress us.” Yuri said as she crossed her arms giving them a challenged look.

“You asked for it,” Sour said. “Prepare to get your minds blown away.”

“GOOD LUCK!” Ezra said.

The five approached a girl with pink poofy hair at the dj booth for a moment. After the pink girl gave the signal, all the students cleared the floor as the girls took positions. The music starts to play a teen and dance pop genre as the girls dance to the beat. All their fellow Crystal Prep students cheered for them as the transfer students' eyes were focused at them. With the music coming to an end they received around an applause by everyone and approached the five transferees.

“Impressed?” Sunny asked with a smug grin and her arms crossed.

Yuri returned it and approached her. Sunny didn’t expect she would grab her shoulder and pull her now that her head is next to Yuri's, giving everyone wrong impressions.

Our turn.” Yuri whispered into Sunny’s ears and moved back to see her blushing with a surprise look on her face.

Yuri and the other four approached the dj booth leaving Sunny standing there as Lemon Zest stood in front, snapping her out.

“I think she broke her.” She said while waving her hand in front of her friend’s.

“Depending on the angle of view it clearly showed she was flirting with Sunny and gave her a cheek to cheek kiss,” Sugarcoat said.

“NO SHE DIDN’T!” Sunny yelled back at Sugarcoat after hearing what she just said. Then her face starts to heat up again after what that transfer student did.

The pink girl at the booth called the attention of everybody as the transfer students got into positions as the music started. The five girls easily recognized the power pop boy band song they played. They could only gape as they watched that their dancing is as good as theirs and ended theirs in style. Everyone also gave them a round of applause in addition to the female students screaming like a bunch of fangirls.

Principal Cadence appeared from the crowd as she approached them.

“That was simply a marvelous performance,” Principal Cadence commented. “Another announcement to all of you. These five boys will be your new schoolmates and you will all-”

“WAIT, TIME OUT!” Sunny Flare shouted, getting her principal and everyone’s attention. “Just to make sure we all heard it correctly, you said five boys. So Yuri is actually…”

“I also find it hard to believe at first. But yes, Yuri is a boy.”

“WHAAATTTT???!!!” Everyone said after hearing the truth about their new schoolmates' appearance. Then their attention turned to someone laughing which was one of the Rainbooms.


“It’s not funny, Rainbow Dash!” Rarity scolds her.

“I’m sorry, Rarity.” Rainbow wiping off a tear. “But after seeing your look alike we thought she is as good as you are, we never expect for ‘her’ to be actually a ‘him’.”

“I’m sorry Rarity, I kind of agree with Rainbow.” Sunset said, trying to hold her laughter.

Both of them got bonked at the head by Applejack as Rainbow was the only one that got knocked out.


Back to the Shadowbolts…

“So, Izzy there is not actually an elementary student?” Sour Sweet nervously smiled and asked. "H-He is also a transfer student!?"

“He’s not. He is actually _ years old,” Principal Cadence said.

“HUUUHHHHHHH???!!!” Everyone reacted the same way as earlier.

“So all this time of me teasing and babying him…”

“Don’t worry about it. I always get treated like that because of my childish appearance.” Ezra said not to be bothered. “I did notice that you were acting strange earlier.”

Sour Sweet gestures for him not to bring that up, she even covered Sugarcoat’s mouth just as she would say something that’s either offensive or not necessary.

“So you’re not even bothered about her condition with switching personality?” Sunny asked which her friend stared daggers at her.

“Nope. I simply get it, if there is something she doesn’t like, I’ll understand. We were already getting along earlier at the snack booth and she even gave me a nickname. To be fair, how about I also give her a nickname.”

Please no, please no!” Sour Sweet’s face went all red now that he spilled the beans, even her friends are trying to hold their laughter. “What are you clowns laughing at!”

“Oohh, Sour’s got a crush on the new guy!” Rarity teasingly sang.

“RARITY!!!” Sour shouted as she became more embarrassed then switched back to her friends. “Guys! You’re all supposed to be teasing her, not me.”

“Too late pfft,..to…change…the subject.” Sugarcoat said between her giggles.

“Yeah,..we were all…getting along with them,..now you're against…pfft the idea.” Indigo said as she covered her mouth.

“Sour Sweet!” Ezra called out to her. “I know the perfect the nickname for you, how about I-”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Sour Sweet screamed at the top of her lungs which can be heard from afar.

“Yeessh dude, her scream is even louder than the music in my headphones.” Lemon rubbed a finger in her ear for she heard bells ringing.

“And here we thought Rarity is the only one that has powerful lungs.” SciTwi commented as she checked her glasses that got cracked due to the frequency.

“Not funny Twilight.” Rarity scoffed.

Comments ( 1 )

“I’m sorry, Rarity.” Rainbow wiping off a tear. “But after seeing your look alike we thought she is as good as you are, we never expect for ‘her’ to be actually a ‘him’.”

Honestly Same

Login or register to comment