• Published 22nd Dec 2021
  • 407 Views, 3 Comments

Bride of Discord Retold - Arol1MV9



What if Discord hadn't been turned to stone by Twilight and her friends? What if he had escaped?

  • ...
 3
 407

The Escape

Author's Note:

After watching the Audio Drama and reading the FanFic of Bride of Discord, I wanted to write a better version since the original contains major flaws. It doesn't mean that the original was terrible, so this story is not at any means to replace the original one. Constructive criticism is welcome, but any hateful comments will be ignored and removed, so please read it and tell me if you like it!

- Narration -

Long ago...

Equestria was ruled by a creature whose heart was cold as a stone. His name is Discord the spirit of chaos. After many long oppressive years, his tyranny was ended when two Alicorn sisters named Celestia and Luna uses The Element of Harmony to turn him to stone.

They thought the spell would be permanent, but after 1000 years, he manages to escape from his stone prison and began to terrorize Equestria once again. So Twilight and her friends stood against him. He tried his best to tear their friendship apart so the elements would fail and he would be free forever.

But the bond between them was too powerful to break, so once again, Twilight and her friends face Discord to put at the end of his reign of terror. Equestria rejoices in their victory for Discord has been defeated, or so they thought.


Discord was sitting on a throne smirking at Twilight at her friends as they were wearing their Element of Harmony. Then the golden jeweled necklaces on the five friends' necks and the crown of Twilight began to glow and the ponies have been lifted into the air as the energy of rainbow-colored envelopes them.

"Huh? What's this?" Discord said in wonder as Twilight and her friends were floating in the air as the energy of rainbow-colored enveloped them, "No!" He uttered as rainbow energy from Twilight and her friends shot up in the air and land directly at him before it began to envelopes him.

Discord screams out as the rainbow energy began to envelopes him before Ponyville was enveloped by the rainbow energy too. Once the rainbow energy disappears Ponyville returns to be normal again. Twilight and her friends celebrate when everything returns to normal once again.

"I can't believe we did it!" Twilight shouted as she was happy over Discord's defeat.

"We finally defeated that monster!" Rarity said as she then sighed of relief, "Good riddance!" She said with an annoyed expression on her face, "He was absolutely a horrible monster with a terrible sense of fashions!"

"This called for a celebration!" Pinkie Pie happily shouted.

"Oh! Yeah!" Rainbow Dash shouted with happiness in her voice.

Twilight and her friends all shouted with happiness over Discord's defeat, but then as Pinkie Pie was jumping, she stopped jumping when she realized Discord wasn't there. Pinkie Pie look around but saw that Discord isn't where to be seen while her friends were oblivious about Discord's disappearance.

"Hey, where's Discord?" Pinkie Pie asked as she looks around.

"Don't you know, Pinkie?" Rainbow Dash replied as she looked at Pinkie Pie unamused, "We turned him to stone."

"I know that, but where's his statue?" Pinkie Pie replied as she then pointed in the direction where Discord once stood.

Twilight and her friends looked at the place Discord once stood and saw that he was not there, so they all gasped in shock over Discord's disappearance.

"She's right!" Applejack said, "Where is he?"

Twilight rubs her chin with her front hoof as she was thinking, "I don't understand!" She said as she was a little nervous over Discord's disappearance, "That spell should have turned him to stone!"

"W-We didn't kill him, did we?!" Fluttershy asked timidly.

"I don't think so." Twilight replied, "He'd still be here."

"Unless we vaporized him!" Pinkie Pie said, "Or turned him to grass!"

"You mean we may be stepping on it?!" Rarity yelped before she stood on her back hooves to avoid touching the grass

Rainbow and Fluttershy leaped into the air in horror as they began to panic.

"Calm down, girls!" Applejack assured them, "We didn't kill him!" She said before she turned nervously to the purple unicorn, "Right, Twilight?"

Twilight Sparkle replied, "We shouldn't have..." She said still unsure about Discord's fate while her friends were listening to her, "The Elements of Harmony cannot destroy. They may work in mysterious ways, but they cannot destroy." She said, "Whatever they did to Discord, they at least returned everything to normal."

"So what do we do now?" Fluttershy asked timidly.

"We must inform Celestia about this." Twilight said.


In Canterlot on the throne room, Twilight was with her friends telling Queen Celestia all that had happened. Queen Celestia with a concerned expression nod before she stood from her throne, and walked toward Twilight Sparkle.

"Twilight, can I talk to you in private?" Celestia said as she stood in front of Twilight.

Twilight was confused but she gave Queen Celestia a nod and follow her leaving her friends confused and worried. Once Twilight and Celestia were alone, Twilight looked up at Queen Celestia to ask her about Discord's fate.

"W-We didn't kill him, did we?" Twilight Sparkle nervously asked.

"It is not in the Elements' power to do such things." Celestia calmly responded.

"B-But! What do they do exactly!?" Twilight Sparkle asked with a little panic in her voice, "They banished Nightmare Moon to the moon, but then later changed her back to Luna." She said, "Why didn't they turn Discord to stone?"

"The Elements' job is to restore balance..." Queen Celestia said before she took a bit of air and look at the stained glass of Nightmare Moon with a sad expression, "It is complicated, but basically what they do is turn something into what it is on the inside." She said, "The first time they were used on Luna, she had darkness in her heart and that's what banished her to the moon."

Queen Celestia continues talking to Twilight who was worried, "The second time, there was something good inside her that wanted to get out and that's what turned her back into my little sister." She continues before she looks at the stained glass of Discord facing her and Luna, "Discord, however... His heart is as cold as stone."

"Does he even have one?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"Every creature has a heart, though some of them refuse to show it." Queen Celestia calmly responded to Twilight.

"So what did the elements do to him?" Twilight asked.

"Nothing..." Queen Celestia said with a cold expression on her face as she was still gazing at the stained glass of Discord without looking at Twilight.

The young unicorn's eyes widened, "What!?"

"Discord escaped before the spell hit him." Celestia said before she gazed at Twilight again who was astonished over her words, "So he's out there plotting something."

"But... But... I've restored all my friends' memories! Ponyville, it's fine now!" Twilight said as she was in a panic, "The Elements should have worked!"

"They did, and Discord saw that he could not break apart your friendship with the others, so he chooses to flee." Celestia calmly said as she looked at Twilight still with a calm expression on her face.

"H-How? How do you know?" Twilight asked.

"I know Discord..." Celestia said before she looks back at the stained glass of Discord while Twilight does the same thing, "He's smart enough to know when to flee."

"So he's still out there? We have to find him!" Twilight said as she panics, "Equestria's not safe as long as he's free!"

"No..." Celestia said with another cold expression on her face as she was gazing at the stained glass of Discord again, and the young unicorn's eyes widened while looking at the tall pony in front of her, "He knows not to make another attempt to take-over, not without time to contemplate his next move."

"But what if-" Twilight said but she was interrupted by Celestia who lifted one of her front hooves to silence Twilight as she looks at the young unicorn with a concerned expression on her face.

"We do not know where Discord is. The only thing we can do is to wait for him to come out of hiding." Celestia calmly said as she still has a concerned expression on her face, "When he does, I want you and your friends to be ready. Do you understand?"

Twilight Sparkle opened her mouth to protest, but then she sighed, and with a concerned expression on her face she nodded. Queen Celestia uses her front hoof to lift Twilight's head to look at her as she gives her a small and confident smile.

"I will leave the Elements with you, so you will be ready when the time comes." Celestia said smiling at Twilight.

Twilight nodded again but this time with a smile on her face, and then Celestia walked again toward the door to her throne room while Twilight follower her, "But first, I will cast a spell protecting them, so Discord cannot take them again." She said as she walks to the throne room with Twilight on her side.


- Narration -

And so Twilight and her friends went back home and waited for Discord's return wearing their Elements with them at all times for precaution.

For weeks, they waited in agitation for Discord to make his moves at the same time they told no pony else that the Spirit of Chaos had escaped as Celestia did not want her subjects to panic. Twilight became more and more worried each day, so she looks through her books in hopes of finding Discord's location, but so far, she had had no such luck.

Soon the days turned into weeks, then months until after three years Twilight and her friends assumed Discord had left Equestria for good. It was because of this that our ponies friends went back to their daily routines as if there was nothing to worry about. But, Twilight and her friends face many challenges during those three years, including an invasion of the Changelings, the return of King Sombra, and solving a spell that switched her friends' Cutie Mark.

Then, Twilight Sparkle became a princess which turned every pony's life around, so with her new role, she spent most of her time in Canterlot performing royal duties. As for her friends, they were all famous after saving Equestria numerous times and being friends with a princess. In their new glamorous and comfortable lifestyles.

Twilight's friends slowly forgot about Discord altogether. Now it had been almost three years since Discord had vanished without a trace. Where was he? What had he been doing all this time? When was he going to strike?

No pony knew.

Comments ( 3 )

They thought the spell would be permanent, but after 100 years, he manages to escape from his stone prison and began to terrorize Equestria once again. So Twilight and her friends stood against him. He tried his best to tear their friendship apart so the elements would fail and he would be free forever.

1000 years not a 100 years.

Interesting

You did get permission from the original author, right?

Login or register to comment