• Published 7th Oct 2021
  • 795 Views, 5 Comments

A Queen's Redemption - IronStories



A year has passed since the hippogriffs have returned to Mount Aris, and Queen Novo tries to get ready for Mount Aris' own Friendship Festival. But her past might put a halt to that.

  • ...
2
 5
 795

Chapter 5: Let the Fesival Begin!

"Do you think she is okay?"

"I don't know. She seemed pretty upset."

"I hope this doesn't mean the festival is canceled. I spent hours preparing these smoothies!"

The hippogriffs were making small talk to each other following Queen Novo's abrupt leave. They all were worried that the Mount Aris Friendship Festival might be canceled all because of a prank Rainbow Dash pulled. Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie stayed at the festival, trying to get everything back to normal, while Twilight, Spike, Celestia, and Skystar all took Rainbow Dash to find Novo so Dash could apologize to her. Despite their efforts, the hippogriffs were having their doubts that the festival would continue, and the ponies were doing their best to give reassurance.

"Now now, everypony, er, I mean hippogriff," Applejack tried to inspire confidence in the hippogriffs, "I know things aren't lookin' good right now, but rest assured, I know Twilight and the others are going to make sure Queen Novo is okay. She's the Princess of Friendship, after all."

"Didn't she try to steal the Pearl?" One hippogriff chimed in.

"Well, that's in the past now. I'm sure the Queen will be feelin' mighty better soon. I, uh, I hope..."

The hippogriffs were still not convinced "Hey gals, give me a helping hoof here!" Applejack whispered. But it was all a fruitless endeavor, as the other ponies were doing their best to get the festival back up. "Oh Queen Novo, where are you? We could really use you and the others right now..."

"Right here!" A familiar voice rang. It was Novo! It appears she made amends with Rainbow Dash, and she was feeling as bright as ever. "I appreciate the boast of confidence. Now then, how about we get this Friendship Festival properly started?"

The hippogriffs cheered that their ruler was back, and feeling better than ever. Finally, the festival can go as planned.


The hippogriffs arrived at Equestria later than usual. They were on a desperate search for Princess Skystar, who disappeared following a dispute with her mother. Queen Novo was expecting to arrive at a war-torn Equestria, but upon their arrival to Canterlot, it seemed quite lively. There was no doubt that the Storm King was here, given that there was some structural damage, but his reign of terror was short-lived it seems. The ponies were in awe at the majestic creatures landing, and Skystar, having felt a little better, was glad to see her mom. She ran up to her and they exchanged a hug.

"You are so grounded..." Novo chuckled. Skystar was quite shocked.

"Wait, what? But I helped saved your old ally! And we can finally go back home now!"

"I'm teasing, honey!" Novo chuckled again. "What you did may have been reckless, but I am proud of you for standing up for what you believed in. And I know your father would be too. I should take a cue." They hugged again. "But you are not allowed to leave the kingdom for a month." Novo added. Skystar looked down. "Okay, a week."

Novo was looking around the Friendship Festival. Canterlot changed a lot since the last time she was here. Then, she saw a white alicorn talking to some ponies. There was no mistaking who that was. It was Celestia. She hadn't seen her in so long. Celestia took notice of her, too. The two started running to each other, tears in their eyes, and they gave each other a big hug.

"Celie, I missed you so much..." Novo said, tears running down her eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner."

"I'm just glad you are here today..." Celestia replied. "It's been far too long."

Novo and Celestia spent the evening catching up with each other. Novo told her about what happened to Mount Aris and King Waverider, as well as the life she and her subjects spent in Seaquestria. Celestia sympathized with Novo, and the two of them wanted to rebuild the relationship that Equestia and Mount Aris use to have.

"Oh, Novo, I'm terribly sorry about all that..." Celestia lamented. "If I had known sooner, I would have come to help!"

"There really wasn't much you could have done." Novo added. "If the Storm King found me, let alone found you at that time, we probably wouldn't be here today. Besides, what's past is past..."

"I entrust that my faithful student was able to help you out on your plight." Celestia said, not knowing of the incident that transpired previously.

"Well..." Novo whispered to Celestia all that happened. And Celestia was not happy.

Meanwhile, Twilight is having a fun time with her friends, both old and new, and was grateful that her long quest was over, until...

"TWILIGHT SPARKLE!!!"

Celestia shouted in her Royal Canterlot Voice, something she rarely does. But when she does, you know it can't be good.

"Welp, it was nice knowing you, Twi..." Spike said.

Twilight gulped. She walked to where Celestia was, and she saw both her with Novo. And Celestia was not happy. At all.

"Q-Queen Novo!" Twilight was surprised and extremely nervous. "I wasn't expecting you to be here!"

"I believe you have something to say to Queen Novo, don't you?" Celestia said sternly.

"I-I-I..." Twilight began to grow even more nervous. "Oh, alright. I'm sorry I tried to take your Pearl. I shouldn't have done that. I realized too late how big of a mistake that was."

"And I'm sorry too, dear Twilight." Novo replied, much to the surprise of both Twilight and Celestia. "I should have listened to you. I let my emotions cloud my judgement. I admit I wasn't the same after my kingdom was first destroyed, but that was no excuse for the way I treated you and your friends. As the Queen, I should have known better. Let this be a learning experience for the both of us. All is forgiven."

"Thank you, Queen Novo." Twilight said softly, as Novo gave her a big hug. All was truly forgiven.

After the festival, the hippogriffs thanked the ponies for helping them get rid of the Storm King, and promised to visit Equestria again soon. Their next priority was the restoration of Mount Aris. While they would still be spending time in their home away from home of Seaquestria, Novo made it her goal of bringing Mount Aris back to it's former glory. When they arrived back home, they realized this was a task easier said than done.

"I guess this is what Dad would call an easy 'fixer-upper'?" Skystar said, looking over the ruins.

"Yup." The Queen replied. "We got a lot of work ahead of us, everygriff, so let's make the best of it."


The festival went by without any incident. Novo and all who were attending were having the time of their lives. All the food, fun, games, and music one would expect was there. Novo partook in many of the activities, and she loved that the ponies and Skystar were having so much fun. She wasn't expecting to fell this good, especially given all that happened earlier, but she was glad the festival was going as intended.

As the evening rolled in, some of Mont Aris' best musicians played some songs at the concert stage. Then fireworks were set off in celebration. Despite all the odds, Mount Aris and the hippogriffs were back. Novo watched the fireworks with Celestia, Skystar, and the Mane 6, looking at all the beautiful colors and sparkles in the sky.

Twilight turned to Novo. "Do you think your husband would be proud of all that you accomplished?" She asked.

"I think he would be more than proud, sweetie," Novo replied, "he would have loved it. I wish he could see this."

Skystar gave her mother a hug, happy to have her mother back. It will take some time, but Novo hoped to one day move away from the events of the past to ensure a brighter future for both her kingdom and her subjects. It would take a lot of time, but she knew deep down to be the leader she knows she could be, and with the aided support of her friends and daughter. She wanted to do this for them. And to honor the legacy and memory of Waverider.

Comments ( 5 )
Comment posted by Ellington deleted Jun 7th, 2022

11256507
Novo-Neighsayer tries to spoil the fun

Comment posted by Ellington deleted Jun 7th, 2022

11264095
She didn't do anything wrong. You're acting like enjoying Novo is a horrible crime. Also claiming a writer is a "mass shooter"? Wow. Just, wow. You say you're trying not to be a troll, yet look what you're doing.
I won't have this sort of attitude on my stories.

11264552
Queen Novo could've killed or arrested or even ignored the Storm King but instead she held her people hostage in the bottom of the sea. That IS something bad, and she punished her daughter for doing the right thing. That is the full definition of something bad.

Also, I said Josh Habor made himself LOOK like a mass shooter by writing Parental Glideance, not that he IS one.

I promise this will be my last comment here, I just wanted to make some clarifications.

Login or register to comment