• Published 23rd Sep 2021
  • 209 Views, 2 Comments

A Paranormal Night - SeClarity



With a tempting offer made by Sunburst, Rainbow decides to visit him one November night for a summoning in order to speak to the dead. But before long, they realize that it was maybe a bad idea to do this.

  • ...
 2
 209

The Consequences

Silence reigned in Sunburst's familiar home. What was once an awkward, yet charming visit soon turned into a nightmare. As the two huddled teens were experiencing it first hand. An eerie stillness between the two, before Sunburst, answered.

"I..I think we called the spirit of Daniel Robitaille...."

He said in a low, shaky whisper. Shuddering in fear. Rainbow turned to Sunburst, as even though in the darkness, they could tell they shared the same look of absolute horror.

"Wh-who is that?"

Rainbow Dash asked, her mind was spinning with fear. Her voice was shakier than usual.

"H-he was a man wh-who lived in the 1800s. O-one of the earliest s-serial killers according to legend."

He answered. Each word bringing more dread to the room. Rainbow soon realized why they had the photo of the man in the glass. It was to make sure only Daniel responded. She turned to Sunburst, suddenly not only fearful but angry at him.

"Out of all the ghosts you choose the super murdery one!?!"

She shouted in a whisper at him. Smacking the back of his head with a lot of force. As her anger built up more and more, she suddenly had an idea.

"D-do you still have those matches?

She asks. Sunburst stood still. His breathing was very audible.

"I-i think so.."

He replied shortly. Rummaging in his pocket. Rainbow hung close to him, hoping to hear a relieved sigh, followed by some sight. And in fact, she shortly did.

"Oh thank god."

Sunburst finally found the matchbook, and shakily brought one match out, striking it against the side, they now had a very short range of light. Thinking quickly, Sunburst knelt down and lit two candles, handing one to Dash and keeping the other one. Grabbing the crucifix while he was at it. Both wore the same look, returning to their original stances in the living room.

Rainbow started walking quickly from the living room, dipping behind the wooden staircase in order to reach the front door. Not wanting to be left alone, Sunburst soon followed. The two reached the door, Rainbow almost immediately reaching for it. Before they both heard a terrifying sound.

CLICK CLACK

Rainbow grabbed the doorknob, turning it left and right, pulling as hard as she could. She even checked the lock multiple times, but the door wouldn't budge. She tried using all her strength, but it wouldn't give. She stared at the outside world, now caked in familiar darkness, she turned to Sunburst. Fear in her eyes.

"H-he won't let us leave!"

She said. Not knowing what else to do. Without much thought, she slammed her hand on the window on the door. Trying to smash it. Sunburst thought the same way, disappearing into the kitchen to grab a chair and a weapon, coming back and slamming the chair on the window as hard as he could. Still, there was nothing. Not the satisfying sound of breaking glass, nor the euphoric feeling of victory. Just a cold house, and the reminder that they messed with things far beyond their control.

The two stood still in fear again, trying to reason this to themselves.

"Th-this isn't happening!"

Sunburst panicked. The candle distorting his face with the darkness. As Rainbow still continued to try to find a way to escape.

SMASH

A new sound began to play for the scared kids. Sounding like somebody broke a glass. The two, after nodding to each other, began to slowly walk towards the commotion. Looking at each other with fear, but also finding comfort in one another. As they approached the kitchen, through the weak sight, they could tell it was a mess. Kitchen utensils scattered, glasses shattered, and the soft crinkling under their shoes showed the glasses weren't the only thing broken.

PHWOOOSH

That same otherworldly sound from earlier replayed. With the gust of chilled wind beside it. Sunburst inhaled, suddenly bursting out courageously.

"L-leave this house! Sp-spirit! Y-you have no business being here!"

Sunburst shouted in the darkness. Rainbow grabbed his arm, hoping he wouldn't antagonize the spirit and make it angrier. But he still shouted into nothing.

"W-we didn't do anything to you! L-leave this ho-ouse at once!"

His tone shifted from a bit afraid, to now full-on confident confrontation. Rainbow stood, unsure what to do. Her fear was only amplified by the sudden noises from all around the house. Making her turn to the darkness, in order to spot something. Sunburst continued his rant, reciting text that sounded biblical, maybe trying to make the ghost leave. As Rainbow clutched on his arm, she began to feel something. Like a new kind of dread, one were antagonizing the ghost would do no good. She yanked back on his arm, trying to make him stop.

"Sunburst! I have a bad feeling about this!"

Sunburst turned, redirecting his fear and anger onto Dash. As he yanked his arm out of her grasp, huffing.

"Dash! This'll work! I've seen the mo-"

An unseen force suddenly yanked on the back of Sunbursts cloak. Knocking him onto his rear with a loud thud. He screamed, looking behind him. Before another yank happened, dragging him across the floor. The cloak still tied around his neck, getting tighter with the dragging. He gasped, reaching up to untie the cloak. As Rainbow rushed beside him. The screaming boy was flailing and kicking in the air, trying to get the iron grasp off of him. Rainbow saw nobody doing this act but still tried to help. Rainbows panic was off the charts, she had to help Sunburst. And as he was being dragged, she grabbed his kicking leg. Trying to pull him away from whatever force wanted him. Using both of her strong arms, she grabbed both legs, pulling as hard as she could.

"C'MON!"

She grunted in frustration. Still pulling on Sunbursts legs, as he cried out.

"DASH! GUH-GET THE CRUSHIFIX!"

He stated. His speech impaired slightly from the cloaks bindings being tight around his throat. She dove down to Sunbursts level, reaching in his pocket. Eventually grabbing the holy item. Holding it out away from her, she yelled at the darkness.

"STOP IT! STOP IT PLEASE!"

She begged the spirit. But as Sunburst was beginning to be dragged at a much faster rate across the floor, crying out in pain, she got an idea.

"The photograph! If we destroy the gateway, he'll go away!"

She assumed. As things were becoming direr. The cloak suddenly was hoisted upwards, beginning to lift Sunbursts struggling body up in the air. He flailed and punched in the air, screaming. As Rainbow raced for the living room, her speed was unmatched, as she searched in the dark. Scanning like a hawk. Her friends screaming only adding to the tension that she had to find it quickly when she suddenly did. The familiar-looking chiseled man on the yellowed photograph. She snatched it, quickly hovering it above the candles burning wick. Setting a corner ablaze. She pressed more of the photo into the flame, dousing it and ultimately turning it into ash before her eyes. As Sunbursts vision began to fade, his energy slowly lowering. It seemed this was his end! He wouldn't go out without struggling, still kicking and punching. As Rainbow rushed back into the room triumphantly. Holding the burning paper, she shouted,

"HEY! DANIEL!"

She tried being a distraction, hoisting the photo up high in the air. Hoping this would make it go after her. She dunked the photo in the fire again, now it was half consumed. Both kids heard a demonic scream all around them. Whistling through one ear and out the other. As Rainbow knelt down in pain, clutching both her ears, dropping the burning gateway onto the wooden floor. Sunburst began to weakly cry out, his struggling efforts ceased. He lost. As he hung limply in the air, Rainbow grabbed the burning paper, not caring about the pain it gave to her hands. As she ripped it up, millions of pieces of paper and ash falling onto the floor.THUD

Sunburst was dropped onto the floor. His limp body not making any effort to cushion his fall, as he laid there. Seemingly lifeless.

"SUNBURST!"

Rainbow screamed. Looking at him with the expectation of him to stir up and fight back, but he didn't. He just laid lifelessly. Rainbow screamed, laying the candle down on the floor along with all the other pieces of the photo. Running up to Sunburst, she held him tightly in her arms, looking back at the fire that was starting behind her. With that returning otherworldly noise, the pieces were suddenly hoisted into the air. Like being picked up by a gust of wind. Spinning in the air violently like caught in a windstorm. As she soon hoisted up Sunbursts limp body, holding him tightly close to her, as she stood up. Her legs wobbling with the extra weight and the fear, she started for the front door.

The violent whistling only got louder and louder. As Rainbow finally carried herself and Sunburst to the front door. Laying him softly down on the ground, before she begins to shoulder bash the front door. 1, 2, 3, 4. She inhaled sharply through her teeth, mustering up all of her strength, before trying again. Soon the door flung open, almost flying off its hinges. She soon grabbed Sunburst again, pulling him by his arms out of the house. Although she was more than exhausted, she had to save her friend.

Dragging him across the grass, she finally gave in to her exhaustion. Collapsing onto the ground. Panting heavily. As she looked up at the house with utter glee. They escaped! She felt like weakly celebrating when she turned her head to Sunburst. Realizing that he hadn't moved since he was dropped. She weakly crawled over to him. Panting and coughing. As she laid her head on his chest, hearing the faint sound of his heartbeat. She raspily called out to him.

"S-sunburst?"

She asked. His face was doll-like. Not moving or being disturbed. Just still. She groaned in frustration, rather than trying any nicer way, she brought up her hand and slammed it down on Sunburst's cheek. Leaving a harsh and very visible red stain. He almost immediately shot up. His familiarly feminine scream rose from his throat. As he looked at Rainbow with confusion.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?"

He asked. Rubbing his cheek and wincing, it was sore by now. Rainbow smirked, scorching beside him.

"To wake you up."

She said bluntly. Giving a soft chuckle as she put a hand on his hand comfortingly. Looking up at him.

"Yeah yeah! R-real funny!"

He spoke with annoyance. Rolling his eyes, both kids looked back to the house. Not making any sort of noise or disturbance.

"I-its quiet."

Sunburst remarked. Scratching the back of his head, shortly before hastily removing the cloak from his neck.

"Yeah... too quie-"

A sudden loud scream came from the house, as every single light flickered on and off. The house seemingly was alive. Furniture, books, and various objects were thrown around. Both looked to each other, as Rainbow spoke up. Not really paying attention to the chaos in the house.

"So uh... wanna stay at my pla-"

"Agreed."

Sunburst interrupted with a smug smirk. Knowing he threw Dash off with that one. But, not wanting to spend any more time here, both stood. Wiping the dirt off of their clothes, before hopping on Rainbow's bike. Sunburst clutching onto the girl tightly, as they began to ride off away from the house.

Author's Note:

Hiya! Thank you so much for reading my goofy fic! Just wanted to write a short spooky story :p
Just a little writing exercise for more stories to come!
PS. Pinprick is on hiatus for a bit sorry!

Comments ( 1 )

A story this cute involving a ship this rare? With spiritual shenanigans and a subtle horror reference? This is quite the combination, and you have pulled it off nicely.

Login or register to comment