• Published 28th Aug 2021
  • 340 Views, 1 Comments

Rocky And The Storm King's Invasion - MyAwesomePony



A pegasus named Rocky Flash joins the mane six in search of the Hippogriffs.

  • ...
8
 1
 340

Queen Of The Hippos?

There was silence as Applejack's brown cowboy hat drifted along the river, with no sign of the orange mare in sight. The hat then floated over onto the shore as Applejack grabbed her hat with her teeth, throwing it back on her head, it was drenched with water as everypony else gathered around.

"Everypony okay?" She asked the group.

"I think my bottom's on backward." Rarity said in a woozy tone.

"We just got our cupcakes handed to us by the worst party crasher ever!" Pinkie cried.

"We gotta go back there and fight!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Well, you saw the size of those goons. You seriously wanna go back?" Spike asked in astonishment.

"So now what? We can't hide here forever." Applejack pointed out. "And let's be honest, we can't go back. Look at what they did to the Princesses. We gotta keep them from Twilight."

While AJ was talking to the otheres, Twilight was standing near the shore, feeling pretty distraught about what happened with the princesses. Then, Celestia's words echoed in her mind, what she had told Luna before she got frozen.

"The Queen." She said quietly.

"Yeah, the Queen!" Pinkie called out while bouncing, before she fully comprehended on what the princess of friendship had just said. "Uh, what queen?"

"Celestia told Luna to find the Queen of the... "Hippos"." Twilight explained, looking towards Canterlot, still being invaded. "Luna can't, so I have to."

"Uh, hippos? Seriously?" Rainbow asked.

"I've heard they're surprisingly graceful for their size." Pinkie said to the cyan pegasus. "Huh, but they're always hungry."

"Hungry?" Spike asked nervously.

"Hippos?" Applejack questioned as Fluttershy and Rarity looked at each other with a confused expression.

"They're somewhere south, past the Badlands." Twilight continued.

"That means we'll have to... leave Equestria." Fluttershy said, unsure about this.

"I'm not even packed!" Rarity cried.

"I understand you're scared, and nopony else has to go. But I have to find this queen. She might be our only hope." And with that, Twilight slowly started to walk away from the group, they looked at each other without a single word out of anyone's mouth. Finally, Rainbow flew up to her.

"Well, you're not getting all the glory." Rainbow said the the purple princess. "We're in this together."

"We got your back." Applejack assured her while wrapping a comforting hoof around Rainbow.

"Indeedy." Pinkie called out.

"I am ready to save Equestria!" Rarity said confidently.

"Yay." Fluttershy whispered.

"We're all behind you, Twilight." Spike pointed out.

But before they could go on this search, they suddenly heard the sound of water sloshing and a crying and screaming voice. Turning around, they saw Rocky Flash flowing down the river, his hooves waving around in the air as if he was on a really fast roller-coaster.

"Oh no, that pony is in trouble!" Twilight exclaimed.

"We gotta save him." Rainbow wailed out.

Meanwhile, Rocky had just gripped onto a low hanging branch, and just when he though that he would be completely submerged, a lasso suddenly wrapped around his body.

"What the.." He said confusingly.

"Hang on, sugarcube!" Applejack called out to him, quickly pulling him to shore, the others helped her as well.

With one final pull, Rocky was finally out of the raging river as he coughed up the salty water out of his mouth. Applejack then went up to him and took of the lasso around him.

"Ya'll alright there?" She asked in a sympathetic tone.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Rocky replied, getting on his hooves. "I've been worse." He looked over his body, only to discover that one of his wings were broken, probably from his fall from earlier. "Oh man, that's going to hurt for a while." Rocky said while twitching his damaged wing. "So, what are you guys up to?"

"We're trying to find the queen of the hippos." Twilight informed him.

"Um.. come again?" Rocky asked.

"They might be the only way to save Equestria." Rainbow Dash clarified.

"Speaking of which, we really need to get going." Twilight proclaimed.

The mane six and Spike started to walk away from Rocky Flash.

"Wait!" He called out, catching everyone's attention. "Um.. I wouldn't mind coming along."

"Are you sure?" Twilight asked with concern. "I mean, I don't want you to get hurt more than you are now."

"Yeah, why not? I love a little bit of danger and adventures." Rocky exclaimed.

Twilight then pondered for a brief moment, Rocky was nervous about what she was going to say.

"Very well, I guess." She spoke out, Rocky's face lit up in glee. "But since you're going to join us, we might as well introduce ourselves. My name is Twilight Sparkle, the princess of friendship.

"I'm Applejack."

"Rarity."

"Fluttershy."

"Pinkie Pie."

"Rainbow Dash."

"And I'm Spike, the number one assistant."

"Well, it certainly is a pleasure to meet all of you." Rocky said while gesturing to them. "My name is Rocky Flash."

"Alright." Twilight claimed aloud. "Now that that's out of the way.."

"Let's go find this hippo!" Pinkie called while bouncing away.

"Uh, south?" Spike said, pointing in that direction.

Pinkie follows Spike correction as she bounces in the direction he had pointed out, giggling to herself, everyone else following behind.

"Boingy-boingy-boingy-boingy-boingy!" She said cutely. "Anypony up for a game of "I Spy"?" Everyone, but Rocky Flash, responded by a groan of frustration. "No, really! Come on! I spy with my little eye something that is orange. No takers? It's you, Applejack!" The pink pony began giggling again as they made their way through the ditch. All Rocky could say was:

"Man, I feel like this is going to be the start of a wild adventure." Rocky said to himself while smiling.


However, in Canterlot, the ponies were feeling miserable as they trenched along the streets, all chained up. One Storm Creature swiped at a couple of balloons nearby, making them all float away, Tempest observed the balloons from the castle's balcony.

"All this power, wasted on parties." She whispered angrily, slowly stepping inside the throne room, where the three princesses were still frozen. "When there are far greater uses." Then, two more Storm Creatures entered the throne room as well, one of them was holding what appeared to be a small blue, luminescent potion bottle, complete with ringtone. "Well, answer it."

With that instruction, he poured the potion's content into a cauldron. A blue flame began to form as Tempest could see her boss inside it, the Storm King, who was looking away from her.

"Where am I supposed to be looking?" He asked crossly. "I never understand how this spell works. Tempest!"

"Over here, your Excellency." She said, walking forward.

"Where?"

"Over here."

"Huh?"

"No, no right. Look right."

"My right?"

"Yep."

After some time, the Storm King was now facing the broken horned unicorn.

"Oh. There you are. Here's the deal. I'm in the middle of a big re-brand here. "The Storm King" is tracking well as "intensely intimidating", but you know what? I need to back it up. You know what I need to back it up with? A storm! That would be great!" He exclaimed aloud, causing the Storm Creatures to flinch back."You promised me magic that could control the elements." He then presented some sort of staff in his hands." And right now, I'm holding a what? A branch. A twig. Bleh!"

"Uh, that would be the Staff of Sacanas, Your Excellency." Tempest corrected him as he examined it closely. "And it will channel the magic of the four rulers of this land. You'll soon have the power of a hundred armies."

"So that would be a yes on your locking down the four Pegacornicuseses, or whatever you call them?" The Storm King said while stuttering.

"Give me three days. I'll have everything ready for your arrival." Tempest assured him before the Storm King's face turned into a scowl.

"Remember, Tempest. Only I have the power to make you whole." He explained in an ominous tone. "Make this twig work, and you'll get your reward. Fail me, and your horn won't be the only thing that's broken."

"It won't be a problem." Tempest said confidently.

"Great! I'm ready to power up, crash and bash, and be the biggest, baddest bugaloooooo..." While he was talking. The flame was warbling, until it evaporated to reveal Grubber standing behind the cauldron.

"Thorry, bad thpell thervice. You want me to call him back?" He asked as Tempest walked up towards him.

"Do you have the Princess?"

"Well, uh, funny thtory. It kinda theemth like she... she might've like, you know, got away... a little bit. I know you're dithappointed, but I got one word for you:" He reached a hand behind his back and presented a....

"Thpongecake."

Tempest Shadow responded by zapping the hedgehog, leaving him burned.

"I need all four for the staff to work." She said angrily.

"Hey, I know! I want the Thtorm King to fix that crazy horn as badly as you do. It lookth like a crackly chipped tooth on the top of your head. And you know you don't look good in hatth."

But before Grubber could continue talking, Tempest quickly turned around with a frustrated expression on her face, her horn sparking with lightning. "That Princess is not gonna keep me from getting my horn back! Prepare my ship!" She exclaimed as Grubber ran off. "Please. How far could one little pony get on her own?

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment