• Published 23rd Dec 2011
  • 1,487 Views, 18 Comments

LoZ: A new world - remsaman



After twilight attempts a new spell, she accidentally releases a force not seen anywhere for 7 years

  • ...
5
 18
 1,487

Just another outcast

The mob was upon Link and Navi, the yellow creature had taken flight and run away, leaving the two alone against the hoard.
Link reached into his belt's pocket and drew a glowing blue crystal, Nayru's love. He tightened his grip and threw the crystal into the air. A large, transparent blue crystal enveloped the hero, the light alone causing a few of the creatures to back off, but the rest of the mob continued. Link raised his shield and plowed directly through the mob, the crystal around him acting as a force field. Link recoiled slightly as stones, pitchforks, and other things were thrown at him, but bounced off. As he reached the edge of the ocean of these creatures, a few tried to grab onto him in attempts to slow him down, but only bounced off as if he were rubber.
He breached the edge of the mob, and ran as fast as he could. The magic was wearing off and these creatures could fly faster then he could run. He turned a corner and dived through the first door he encountered. The mob ran straight past him. Link sighed in relief, these things were crazy. As he turned his head to the left to make sure they were all gone, he was met with a pink face grinning wildly at him.

"HI!"
Link jerked back in alarm and yelled loudly. The pink creature started bounding around him. "OOooOh I've never seen a thing like you before! You look kind of like that Iron will Minotaur, except you don't have a bulls head or hooves!" Link tried to get her to stop talking but to no avail. "Ooh what this!" the creature tried pulling the master sword from its sheath, but Link pushed her away. "Aw come on! Oh well! Do you like cupcakes? I think you'd like my cupcakes!" Link, desperate for her silence, shoved his boot in her mouth. She only continued to talk, making sounds like "mmmmphmmphmpmhmph."
Link looked outside, it seemed some of the creatures had heard the noise and come to investigate. Link pulled the boot from the creatures mouth (shaking any drool loose) and pulled it back onto his foot. He dived through a nearby saloon door and hid behind the counter, listening as several of the creatures broke down the front door and tried interrogating the pink one. For whatever reason, she didn't reveal his presence, leaving him relieved as the mob left in search of him As he sighed and stood up, the pink creature was in front of him, before he could yell she shoved a cupcake in his mouth."Ssh you silly filly, you cant exactly tell me how much you like my cupcakes if you aren't here, can you? now come on! Do you like it?" Link, still surprised, gave a few chews before giving a nervous smile and a nod.
"YAY! I knew you'd like it! Would you like more?" The pink creature started excitingly bounding around the kitchen, grabbing some more cupcakes from the fridge. Link seized the opportunity to escape out the back door and jump over the back fence.
Navi peeked out from under link's cap. "Is she gone? That thing creeped me out." link nodded in response. "alright, lets try and find a way out of this strange town." Link sneaked over to a different fence then the one he came over. Ahead were a few things who had split from the mob and resumed their daily lives. Something that interested him particularly was a large tree with a hole in the side, revealing the inside of a library.
As Link examined it further, the triforce of courage on his hand started to resonate. His mouth opened a little, and he pointed his arm towards the library, causing his hand to vibrate harder. Link knew something was in that library, and he had to get in there. But he couldn't risk getting spotted by the creatures. He rummaged through his pockets, but couldn't find anything of use.
After a few minutes of thinking, he had a brainwave. He climbed up a nearby tree, and onto the nearby rooftop. Being careful not to be spotted by any of the things, he shimmied over to the other side of the thatched roof, and surveyed the area below. He looked around to make sure none of the things were looking in his general direction, he summoned all his strength and leaped to the building neighbouring his current one.
Link continued this for each house until he was next to a close-by branch of the library. Luckily he wasn't spotted by any of the creatures, and none of the winged ones were in the air at the time. He made sure none of them were looking, and gave one final leap. He missed the branch, but quickly drew the master sword and plunged it into the tree. giving a large "THUNK". Link expertly swung himself up, dislodging the master sword in the process. He landed on the branch and sheathed his sword, grinning largely at what just happened. He swung down a few branches till he reached a small window, and pushed it open slightly. Peering inside he saw the same purple creature from earlier, accompanied by what looked like a tiny purple and green dragon, which spoke up:
"I'm telling you Twilight, this thing nearly killed you! You should send a letter to the princess right away!"
"Spike I can't, if she saw what I did to the library she would get mad! And maybe force me back to Canterlot!" The purple creature paced around the place in worry. "But Twi, you can't just let this thing run free, something bad could ha-" The young dragon stopped talking as he faced Link. Link quickly jolted sideways out of sight, and the dragon continued talking. "Uh... Twi... What did this thing look like.."
"Oh it was tall... wore green clothing, had pale peachy skin and a blonde mane, why?"
"I think he's outside the window." The dragon pointed towards the window Link was hiding behind. Link didn't waste time, he drew an arrow from his quiver, and charged it with ice magic, letting it fly towards the dragon. His shot was directly on target, as the dragon froze up in a solid cube. He bashed his shield through the window, breaking the glass and allowing him access.
Link threw a deku nut at the purple creature, who shrieked and began rubbing her eyes in her temporary loss of sight.
Link lost concentration for a moment when he noticed a few of the creatures from outside gathering around the large hole in the library, some shocked, most scared. The purple creature stumbled into him, knocking him into a nearby chest, which spilled its contents onto the floor.
Link gasped, right there in front of him were the three spiritual gems, the kokiri's emerald, the gorons ruby, and zora's sapphire all laid directly in front of him. Link snatched the three stones and stuffed them into his bag, he began to leave, but stopped just as there was a blinding flash of light. When the light subsided, in front of him stood one of the creatures, but larger and with a moving tri-coloured waving mane. Somehow it seemed familiar... Right! The cave paintings! Link almost forgot! Just like the paintings, this creature had both a horn and wings, and had a very serious look on its face. Link equipped his mirror shield and prepared for a tough battle. But before he could do anything, the creature's horn glowed a bright yellow, which also encased him as well. Suddenly Link could not move at all, he had lost all free will in his muscles. He was levitated in the air before the creature trotted slowly up to him. It stared him straight in the eyes before speaking in a loud voice
"You. You've caused quite a stir here. You've invaded this town, nearly killed my student twice and freezing her assistant solid. You've caused a few ponies small cuts and bruises during your escape, and interrupted my important royal duties"
Link figured this must be the princess the dragon mentioned.
"I've got half a right mind to imprison you in the Canterlot dungeon. Do you have anything to say for yourself?"
Link let out a yell. Navi dashed out from under his cap and started ramming into the side of the things face.
"Let him go you big bully!"
"Oh?" The creature diverted its attention to Navi. "What do we have here? A parasprite that can talk?"
"IM NOT A.... whatever you just called me.. IM A FAIRY." she shouted.
"A fairy? Well that's new. And i suppose you speak for this... thing?"
"yes i do, and i demand you let him go this instant!"
"I'm not a stranger to things that endanger my kingdom, little one. I'll let him go if he can prove he's no threat."
"He saved the kingdom of hyrule from the evil Ganondorf! I think that's reason enough!"
"The kingdom of what..?"
While the two were arguing, link struggled against the strong magic and began reaching for his bag. He pulled out Farore's wind, and with one mighty roar, broke the magic's hold and raised it above his head. In a flash of green, he disappeared for a second, reappearing on the second story of the library, his sword drawn and his shield raised.
"Impossible!" the princess uttered.
Navi flew in front of her face. "Now, are you going to listen or what? We don't want to hurt you, but this is only self defence."
"SELF DEFENCE?" the purple creature shouted. "YOU FROZE SPIKE FOR NO REASON".
Link sighed. Navi spoke up once more "Well... We can unfreeze him if you promise to actually listen and not attack us." The princess and the purple creature both looked at eachother and nodded.
Link drew an arrow and aimed it at the frozen dragon, causing a panic in the purple creature. "No! You'll hurt him!" Link rolled his eyes and charged the bow with a bright flame, and released his grip. The flaming arrow struck the block of his, and the purple creature winced.
The ice melted in a matter of seconds, the small dragon staggered out of the ice and slumped backwards, falling asleep as soon as he hit the floor, the purple creature rushing to his aid immediately.
"There" said Navi "He's just fine. Now will you please just listen?"
The princess stood calmly and agreed. Link sheathed his sword and lowered his shield, then jumped down from the second floor.
The explanation took a few minutes.
"So what you are saying" asked the princess "Is that you and your friend are just on an adventure, and were attacked by Twilight in the forest?" Link and Navi nodded.
Twilight looked up "It wasn't my fault... He pushed me, and I got frightened."
"Okay okay, look" The princess got the attention of the two. "I'll let you and your friend be on your way if you can help repair the damage done to this library, okay?" Link hesitantly agreed, and held his hand out to the purple creature to shake her hoof. Twilight nervously placed her hoof in his hands "My names twilight by the way... Welcome to Ponyville."

What neither of the two noticed was the yellow glow coming from their hand and hoof respectively.

Comments ( 3 )

i was playing the benny hill theme during this

83446 To save the princess Zelda!:twilightblush:

is this story cancelled or are you dead?

Login or register to comment