• Published 1st Aug 2021
  • 267 Views, 8 Comments

Tale of Stalliongrad - ARandomLonelyDude



A story about a forgotten city.

  • ...
3
 8
 267

A chronological chain of events that are recorded in an 'illegal' document.

275 ALB

Celestia reread the document she was holding in her magic. It was a simple document that needed her signature to recognize a new town. This was a bit uncommon but that did not bother her. What bothered her was that the town was located all the way at the northern border of Equestria. The closest settlement was the town of Manehatten and that was a 2 day’s journey away from them.

She was concerned about ‘Stalliongrad’ as it was far away from any known food or water source but the document stated that the town was built on a river bank and had a reliable food source. Her main concern was that this town had a population of only earth ponies and thestrals. The town was far away from her reach and had elected a thestral as mayor instead of getting a crown appointed unicorn mayor.

She could feel her blood boil as she thought about the thestrals. She reluctantly signed the document and continued with her day.


301 ALB

Celestia looked out the window of her carriage to admire the snow covered fields. She was going to visit Stalliongrad which had now become a city. She had come at this time of the year as it was Autumn and soon winter would come. She thought about last year when she signed the document that declared Stalliongrad a city.

It was quite a surprise that Stalliongrad had become a city before Manehatten. It was probably because of the ore deposits in the mountains north of the city. Some of the lesser nobles had left Canterlot for Stalliongrad and she wanted to know why.

1 hour later

Celestia put on her signature smile as the carriage touched down at the landing pad within the fort that served as the government building. A few seconds later two royal guards opened the doors of her carriage and she stepped out. She hid her smile as she saw the thestral mayor, Dark Wing, bowing to her.

‘Vampire like him should not hold important positions.’, she thought as he got up and approached her. He welcomed her to the city and she spent the next two days there. She was impressed with how industrialized they were but the presence of thestrals had ruined it. She had made a note to herself to bring the city under more direct control.


403 ALB

Celestia read the report of the growing unrest in Stalliongrad. The ponies were demanding better wages, lower taxes and housing while thestrals were demanding equality between them and other ponies. She then sent an order for more royal guards to be stationed in the city and the establishment of a curfew.

Ever since she had replaced the elected mayor with a noble, Emerald Bit, ten years ago, the dissatisfaction of the inhabitants was growing. All the factories were owned by the nobility in Canterlot and she had allowed Emerald Rich to increase the taxes on her city’s inhabitants. This was all part of her plan to get the important city under her full control and to force the thestrals out.

She would reduce the taxes and increase the wages after the thestrals and those who are not loyal to the day leave the city.


405 ALB

Celestia glared at the report she held in her magic. In the past few days, the unrest had grown to the point where workers were going on strikes and walkouts had been staged. Her guards had attacked the workers when they reached the mansion that Emerald Rich resided in. Her agents had tried their best to keep news of this hidden but a journalist had managed to get the information out. The journalist had then tried to publish the article detailing the condition of the ponies in Stalliongrad but had been stopped and placed in a dungeon.

Celestia sent an order to execute the journalist in secret and destroy all evidence of the journalist’s existence. Celestia would not tolerate dissent in her Equestria.


417 ALB

Celestia was furious. The inhabitants of Stalliongrad had killed Emerald Rich along with most of the royal guards in the city and declared independence. The news of the rebellion hadn’t gotten out yet but it wouldn’t be long until it got out. The workers’ army was led by a stallion, Red Dawn, who was now the leader of the Stalliongrad city-state.

The captain of the royal guard had started gathering forces outside the city limits but had made no advances because of bad weather conditions. Celestia had decided that she would lead the army to crush the rebellion.


420 ALB

Celestia observed the new walls that had been built around Stalliongrad to keep her forces out. It wouldn’t matter as she was going to be leading the royal guards. Her meeting with Red Dawn didn’t go well. It was clear that the Stalliongradians wouldn’t surrender.

Concentrating her hate, she fired a powerful beam of magic at the gatehouse of the city. The gatehouse was completely destroyed and all stalliongradians near it were killed instantly. The royal guards charged as soon as the smoke cleared and started killing all stalliongradians they came across.

Meanwhile, Celestia flew up above the city and started firing explosive spells at the factories and houses that her royal guards weren’t close to. The objective was not to bring the city under her control but to destroy it entirely. The stalliongradians were all killed whether they were soldiers or civilians.

The massacre continued even after the city had finally decided to surrender. By the next day, almost all Stalliongradians were dead except those that were hiding within the fort by the river. The royal guards had left the city for the final part of the plan to happen.

The last thing that those hiding in the fort saw was Celestia using the power of the sun on them.


500 ALB

Celestia smiled as an agent of the secret service declared that almost all information of Stalliongrad was destroyed. She no longer needed to worry about anyone trying to challenge her reign. Celestia started planning about her sister’s return as the agent left to get their memory wiped. Unfortunately, she had forgotten about the thestral that she had banished along with her sister.

Author's Note:

Possible canon side story. Please leave feedback

Comments ( 8 )

This has 0 views and 2 likes. How?

I really enjoyed this story a lot, you did an awesome job on it. :)

10922689
You're very welcome.

Wow, you wrote this... for me? :pinkiesad2: Thank you!

10925157
My work is for the greater good. This is not only for you but for everyone.

10925175
*hug* Still, thank you for contributing to these huge archives that make My Little Pony more than just a kids' TV show, and thank you for adding your own story to my series.

Celestia is a true tyrant here. If Twilight and her friends do find out the horrible truth. They WON'T be happy.

Login or register to comment