• Published 14th May 2021
  • 568 Views, 9 Comments

When the Stars Sleep: Leading to Disaster - Sea Gnash



While investigating the reason behind the Nukelavee's appearance in Equestria, Twilight and Fluttershy stumble upon a worn and stained journal belonging to a student of Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.

  • ...
0
 9
 568

Investigation Log

Official correspondence to Princess Luna from Twilight Sparkle.

Dear Princess Luna,

All contents of this package are guaranteed to be up to date as of July 17th. Enclosed are all of my current findings related to the cause of the Nuckelavee's appearance. Sadly, your request for any information on how to retrieve the ponies lost in the incident now known as the “Great Blinding” will have to go unfulfilled as we have found no information regarding such a feat, so I must apologize.

I also must apologize for sending this information to you through the mail rather than via Spike's sending flames, but once you open the largest parcel, it should make up for the inconvenience. During our trip to Canterlot two weeks prior, Fluttershy and myself conducted a little search through the currently empty School for Gifted Unicorns despite its current quarantined state. We will take full responsibility for our actions, but I choose to not apologize as I feel we were in the right with this decision.

The inside of the main school building looked much the same as I remembered from my time as a student. However, every single possible source of light, even the tiniest candle, was smashed to pieces in the dormitories. There were signs of disturbance from the searching guards, and most of anything important had already been taken by that time. Most, being the key word in this statement. Thanks to the help from a family of mice living in the walls and Fluttershy's ability to communicate with them, we were shown to a common room where we found a diary belonging to one of the older students strangely hidden inside the fabric of one of the sofas. We nearly brushed it off as unimportant, but I promise you will not be disappointed with the copy I made for you. Some information has been lost due to damage or otherwise, of which I have made sure to take note.

- Twilight Sparkle

* * *

January 26th

Dear Diary,

So, I'm not really sure what I should be writing in you, but my grades have been tanking pretty badly in this last year and Starshine said that keeping a journal might help me get my thoughts out. I almost argued against the idea, but I have been really worried about finals coming at the end of this year and it's only just midterms right now! If I pass the conjuration exam they throw at would-be graduates, I'll finally be able to get out of here and get back home after seven years of this boring study. I never even wanted to be here in the first place, but I guess all unicorns who get a cutie mark in magic get sent here. I just wanted to be an astronomer like my parents not some fancy wizard!

Well, would you look at that? I guess you're already helping me sort through my head! I'll need to thank Starshine later when she gets back from her last class.

I can't really think of much else to write about right now, but I'll be back soon, Diary.

* * *

January 28th

Dear Diary,

Sorry for not getting a chance to write in you for the past couple days, been getting way too much homework lately. The teachers want to make sure we know every little thing that could possibly be in our midterms and it's just burning me out. Luckily, it's Saturday so I can at least have these next two days off.

Let me tell you, diary. Yesterday was a major headache, literally. Miss Night wanted us to practice some more advanced spells today and they did not go well. She wanted us to teleport an apple into a glass box and then get it back out again so we could practice precision and control with our magic. I managed to do it, but it took so much of my focus and energy that it ended up giving me a migraine that lasted for the rest of my classes.

Other than that, I guess you could say it went pretty well. Starshine noticed I was feeling pretty, I guess bleh is the best way to say it, and so she took me out to go get donuts at the shop not too far from campus. Though, the part that really helped me feel better was that Rosy Heart came with us.

Speaking of which, I think she said she needed a study partner for her history of enchantments midterm she'll be having in the coming days. That's one thing I'm actually good at. Thanks for listening, Diary.

* * *

[A large hole has been punched through this page, while multiple of the following pages have evidence of being torn out.]

January 29th

Enchanting is the act of filling an object with magic to give it a long-term effect for the one in possession of it. Effects can range from offensive to defensive or anything in between. The most common use for enchanted items are for protection or warding off evil.

Not any ordinary item can be successfully [enchanted?] – very specific types of material to hold magic over a long period of time. – [us]ually seep out of an object unless the material it's made from is especially tu[ned?]

Piece of rock from the academy garden: Failed to hold anything

Porcelain teacup: Held a charge for a few seconds before dissipating

Practice ring: Successfully held enchantment, now glows like a flashlight when worn!

Piece of crystal borrowed from Mister Stone: Held the charge for a moment before violently exploding

Sorry for using you to keep my notes in, Diary, but I forgot my usual notebook in the dorm room and Rosy's is all the way across the building. Also, remind me to pick up more bandages from the market before classes tomorrow.

* * *

January 30th

Yes! I aced my midterms in practical magic application and history of enchantments! I guess I should thank Starshine for getting me to actually start taking down notes for a change. Just memorizing everything from the books worked for a long while, but I guess I can't rely on doing that forever. Maybe I should take her out to get some milkshakes or something to help her relax. She's been coming back to the dorm pretty late these past couple weeks. I hope she isn't overworking herself again. I still have those memories of the time she fell asleep in the middle of one of her finals last year because she just wouldn't stop to take a break from studying.

Speak of the devil, she came in just as I finished writing that up. I made her some tea to help her chill out a little, she's looking pretty worn out tonight. Luckily, we just have two days of midterms left, so hopefully she starts taking care of herself again. If she doesn't, I'm going to have to go into “momma mode” as she calls it. I'm not going to let her keel over again.

If only we could average out our work ethics, then maybe we could actually be two normally functioning ponies.

It's getting late and Starshine went right to sleep after finishing that tea, so I should tuck in too. Goodnight, Diary.

* * *

February 1st

Awesome news, diary! All three of us, Starshine, Rosy and I, passed all of our midterms! Though, more importantly, I somehow did the best of us three when I usually come in dead last! This is so awesome! I need to go thank them for helping me so much with all their study advice. Maybe they were right and I should have listened to them from the beginning. Oh well.

Anyway, we're going to go out into town to celebrate before we get split up and sent back home for the mid-year break. Well, it's more like I'm going to be yanked away from them since they're both actually from here in Canterlot. I love the breaks since they let me escape this boring academy for a couple weeks, but it always feels like my friends back at Tall Tale keep forgetting who I am since I'm gone for the rest of the year.

As much as I hate to say it, maybe I should ask if I can bring a few books from the library with me. Study's boring, but it's probably better than having to deal with the awkward feeling of Winter pretending she hasn't moved on and still wants to hang out. Maybe I can bring something for the final coming in a few months.

* * *

[This page and the two below it have suffered some damage from what appears to be a minor ink spill. Due to the slight differences in coloration, the spill seems to have happened a notable amount of time after the initial writing.]

February 6th

I'm back home, diary. Is it weird that I actually kind of want to be back at the academy right now? The first thing after I stepped off the train, my parents scooped me up and walked me home like I'm still a foal. I'm seventeen now! Has only getting to see me in person for two weeks every year made them forget I'm not the ten year old they originally rode up the mountain with back when I first got accepted? Whatever, at least Cosmic is big enough now that I can trick her into carrying my bag for me.

I arrived pretty late, so I'm probably going to read one of these books I brought with me and get to bed. I suppose I can put in a little effort to still say hi to Winter and the gang, even if that might just make me think about how much I'd just rather be spending time with Starshine and Rosy. Especially Rosy.



Malicious Mythical Monsters – Page 58

Just leaving a little reminder for where I left off in this book, don't mind me. The entry on this thing called a N

* * *

February 7th

Yep, that was about as awkward as I expected it to be. I can tell Winter is trying her best to be nice, but that spark that made us friends back in elementary school just isn't there anymore, even if neither of us want to admit it out loud. Breeze is still just as much of a sweetheart as always, at least, and Slate's idea to go to the arcade was actually pretty fun. It didn't feel right being there, like I was just a spike trying to wedge itself someplace I didn't belong, but it wasn't really a “bad” day.

To be absolutely honest, though, all I could think about while eating dinner tonight was just how much I wanted to get back to that book. Turns out I really like learning about big scary monsters, even if they're just silly little stories. I guess I've always kind of enjoyed the creativity that goes into writing tales like those. You know, maybe that's why I don't like studying magic so much. You can't really get creative with it until you've really learned everything there is to know. It's all “You have to learn the basics! You need to do this and that in the exact same way!” It's just so boring!

Maybe when I get back to the academy, I can study some more interesting things on my own. Starshine has always said I appear to work at my best when I can take charge and do things my way. Maybe I can even impr[ess?]

* * *

February 12th

Well, that clinches it. I can't wait until I can get back to the academy now. Oh, not because I actually want to be there and get back to my studies, diary, but my parents finally got the report of my grades from the past semester. Even if I did fantastic on the midterms, they're all still pretty middling. I got an earful from them and now I'm stuck in my room for a couple days. Typical parents. Why ask what's making your kid's grades tank and get to know them a little better when you can just ground them and expect that will magically fix whatever is happening?

Well, guess what, I figured it out on my own and am fixing it! Not that they care, though. Maybe I should sneak into that wing of the library they won't allow any of the students to go into and find something that will really show them just how wrong they are to think I'm just some lazy good-for-nothing. You know what? I should do that just to get back at them for pulling that “Do you know how much it's costing us to send you there?” crap.

I'll think on it, I guess, but it's looking very appealing right now. Maybe I can find something on

* * *

February 15th

I snuck out of the house after my parents went to sleep earlier. I didn't really have a plan for where I wanted to go, but I got spotted by Winter while trotting down the street and she called out to me from her window. I climbed up to her room using the whatever it's called, the thing that her mom uses to have her flowery vine plants grow up, and into her window. It was the first time in my past few visits that it felt like she actually wanted to hang out. Key word there is “felt,” though.

Turns out, she heard about why I was being punished by my parents and she let me have it. She went to town blasting me with how much she always wanted to go to Princess Celestia's academy and how much she resented me for getting a cutie mark in magic when all she got was her father's talent for music. Turns out all of that strain on our relationship wasn't because of how little I was around, but because of this stupid cutie mark I never wanted in the first place. Hearing about how I was “goofing off” and “not taking my studies seriously” must have been the last straw for her patience.

Well, you know what, Miss Winter Note? I'm going to show you just how much you have to be jealous of! I may not have wanted this cutie mark, but I'm going to use it to show you all what real magic looks like!

* * *

February 20th

Just got on the train heading back to Canterlot. I said goodbye to my parents just to be polite, but the only hug I put any effort into was the one for Cosmic. Let's hope she doesn't take after me in the talent department. I'd rather not see her get screamed at like what's been happening to me this past week.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to hang out with Starshine and Rosy again. I wonder what they've been up to during the break. Starshine's fancy parents went on their usual vacation, and of course Rosy got invited to go. I wish for once my parents had let me go when I got invited along, too, but they didn't. If I'm such a disappointment to them, why do they care about seeing me so much? Just let me go to Haywaii with my friends. You'll keep me out of your manes for longer that way.

At least the ride back has some nice landscapes to look at, I guess.



When I got back to the dorm, Rosy and Starshine were there waiting to welcome me back. Well, they were probably waiting to welcome me back, but they had dozed off on my bed since I didn't get back until after midnight. My fault for picking the bottom bunk, I guess. I know how much Starshine moves in her sleep and at some point, she ended up hugging Rosy while dreaming. It was too cute to break up, so I'm laying in Starshine's bed tonight as I write this. I won't deny that I'm a little jealous, though.

* * *

February 27th

Hey diary, sorry for the radio silence, but I've been exhausted. Classes started back up again and they're really pushing us last years really hard since this is our final semester here and all. I've been using so much magic every day that I've just been passing out the moment my head hits the pillow. Hope you didn't mind me sleeping on you last night on accident. If it helps, you're actually kind of comfy.

I hope all this calms down soon so I can look into those private studies I've been wanting to work on. I still need to shut Winter and my parents up. Especially Winter. You don't just go and slap somepony's horn because you're angry at them for getting something you want. That freaking hurt, you know!

She'll be the first one I visit when I get strong enough to show off.

* * *

March 7th

Spell combination practice notes #1

The act of combining multiple spells into one is not the same as simply casting two different spells at the same time. While the latter is a much easier action to take, it can heavily deplete the magic from the caster at an unsustainable rate if the spells need to be held for a long period of time. Instead, the unicorn in question may attempt to combine the spells. This requires a much heavier amount of concentration, but the outcome is a single, much less draining spell. Unicorns with a lower natural level of magic power can overload themselves from merely attempting the combination depending on the amount of magic needed to cast the two spells individually.

Simple light spell combined with levitation:

The light spell is a basic spell consisting of forming a small light source at the tip of the horn and one of the most basic spells even the weakest unicorn can learn. I can cast this one in my sleep if I wanted to.

Upon casting the combined light and levitation spell, the book I picked up in my magic corona began to glow brightly like my horn when I cast the light spell. The light died the moment I let go of the book and allowed it to fall back down onto the desk.

Out of curiosity, I tried it again but this time cast a persistence spell afterword. After six tests, it appears the persistence spell can only effect one of the two spells used for the combination, leading to the book either remaining in the air without the use of my corona and losing its light or continuing to shine but falling back down to the desk.

This might actually be useful to know for later.

* * *

March 9th

Today was Starshine's birthday, so I took today off from my studies to go out with her and Rosy. I had been so lost in the books that I forgot to get her a present. Luckily, she liked the necklace. My grandma gave that to me when she heard I got accepted to the academy, but I never wore it. I've never liked the feeling of having something around my neck. Besides, the sapphire in it goes better with Starshine's eyes.

The three of us went out to the restaurant Rosy's parents own. It's actually kind of lower-end for Canterlot standards, but the food there is a lot better than anything those fancy places offer. They actually serve enough food to feel full with, too.

After that, we stopped by her family's estate since her parents wanted to wish her a happy birthday. We stayed a little later than we meant to, so I'm actually writing in you while sitting in one of their guest rooms. These bedrooms are huge! It's actually making me a little nervous thinking about trying to get to sleep in a room this open with the lights off. I'm used to smaller, more cozy rooms like the dorm at the academy or the room I share with Cosmic back home.

I'd practice some spells while I'm here, but I don't want to risk breaking something that might end up costing an entire month's salary from both of my parents. So, I guess I'll just turn in a bit early tonight. It might take me a while to get to sleep anyway. Goodnight, diary.

* * *

[An uncertain number of pages appear to have been torn out. Some of the edges also appear to be somewhat charred.]

March 21st

Well, that didn't go well at all. I think I'm starting to learn my limits now, or at least what kinds of spells to not combine with others. The sound of the explosion got the attention of way more ponies than I would have liked, but at least they believed my excuse that I was just trying to study sound spells. Though Missus Bright still punished me for not practicing in a proper spell lab. I can only imagine what they would do to me if they realized what I was actually doing.

I better keep things subtle for now so I don't draw any more attention to myself. Out of all this, though, the saddest part is losing all those pages of notes. Sorry if that hurt at all, diary.

* * *

March 23rd

Spell combination practice notes #9

Silent Steps spell combined with Complete Cloaking spell:

The spell known as Silent Steps can put a complete sound dampening field around one's hooves to ensure even the heaviest steps will go unheard. Though it can't guarantee anything you may interact with will also remain silent, the spell seems very useful for moving around undetected even while at a full gallop.

Complete Cloaking is a spell I plan to keep in my memory even if this combination doesn't go well. It allows the caster to turn invisible, though anything that might interact with the other senses remains, such as any sounds you might make or any odors you give off. It's not a perfect spell as somepony paying close enough attention could be able to see the faint distortion in the light curving around your body. Finding a way to keep yourself as subtle as possible even under this spell is still very important.

Even though I have enough power to cast both spells individually, attempting the combination gave me a massive migraine. I'm actually writing with my mouth for the first time since I was six. I think I might have actually drained almost all of my magic reserves on it, but that might just be because I was testing the spells separately so much first. Either way, this doesn't bode well for my classes tomorrow.

* * *

March 27th

Yes! It worked! I gave myself another migraine, but I managed to combine both Silent Steps and Complete Cloaking! I put myself basically out of commission in order to use them like this, but once I have them going, holding them is very easy. I think I'll take tomorrow off from my classes and just do the make-up work later. They shouldn't question it since I've only missed one day of classes in my time here and that was when I had pony pox when I was twelve. I need to let my magic recharge as quickly as possible.

* * *

March 29th

Oh sweet Celestia, diary, that was terrifying. You have no idea just how tight the security is in that wing of the library. I can understand why from the books I saw there, but goodness. I managed to slip two of them into my bags undetected. I could have gotten more, but when that one guard looked straight at me after I accidentally dropped the second book too loudly into my bag, I lost all of my nerve and got out of there as quickly as I could.

It's too late to start reading either of them right now since I had to wait for Starshine to go to sleep before leaving. I have the books hidden under the bed in one of Starshine's suitcases she hasn't touched in years just in case. I wonder how long it will take before they notice the empty spots on the shelves.

* * *

April 2nd

Elemental Evocation: Commanding the Natural World, by Either Wind

This one appears to be filled with spells that let the caster either control natural matter around themselves such as water, fire, air, ice and so on, or even conjure it out of thin-air. I'll need to find someplace on the mountainside I can test these spells out with no prying eyes. A lot of the spells in this book have the potential to be extremely destructive, so I can't start attempting them on academy grounds.

Links to Dark Realms, by Umbral Caller

Okay, this book looks a lot scarier now that I'm actually able to open it up and look through it. I'm not sure if these spells actually work or if it's all just theory, but it seems to be entirely filled with spells that supposedly summon creatures from other planes or worlds. They all come with these freaky magic circles on their pages that look really complex. It's comforting to know that I won't be able to activate one of these spells by accident, though.

* * *

April 5th

Rosy stopped me as I was heading off campus to start my first practice session with Elemental Evocation. She asked me where I was heading and I forced myself to lie to her. When I said I was just heading into town to get some donuts, she asked if she could come and I couldn't bring myself to say no to her. I never got any practice in, but I actually managed to get some alone time with Rosy. It feels like Starshine is always around whenever we get a chance to hang out. It was surprisingly nice and honestly, I'm happy it happened, even if it came at the expense of my studies. I still have plenty of time to prove how strong I actually am.

I think I'm finally going to ask Rosy out on a date next chance I have to be alone with her. I haven't forgotten my feelings for her in this storm of studying, and with all these successes lately, I'm feeling inspired.

* * *

April 9th

I managed to actually get out and practice some spells on the mountainside today. I made an executive decision to not try any of the ones that involved fire while around so many plants, but I did manage to get close to mastering the lowest level ice-based spell in there. It went a little haywire on my first few attempts and I ended up freezing over the pond nearby, but I eventually got the hang of it. Flash freezing objects at will doesn't sound super exciting, but it could be useful. Though, the spell I'm more interested in is this one that lets me create lightning from my horn. I'm too nervous about zapping myself into oblivion to try that right now, though. I can't show off if I'm dead.

* * *

April 12th

They finally realized the books were gone and none of the staff took them. The whole academy has gone on lockdown and no pony is allowed to leave the grounds until they find them. Looks like I won't be getting any more practice in for a while. I moved the books to a hiding place outside of the dorm room since those are probably the first place they'll scour for them. I can move them back in once they clear our room. I can't let these books slip away from me when I'm so close to wiping that look off of Winter's face and shutting up all the others who keep saying I'm worthless at magic. Even with the spells I know, the heightened security around the forbidden library wing will probably be enough to keep me out.

* * *

April 13th

The goons searched our room today and turned basically everything upside-down to make sure nothing was missed. Boy am I glad I moved the books when I did because they searched absolutely everywhere. Even if I had kept them in Starshine's suitcase, they'd probably bring us both in rather than just blame her. She doesn't deserve to get expelled for something I've been doing anyway.

It took forever to get everything cleaned up after they left, but it at least tired Starshine out enough to get her to go to sleep early. I'll head out and go get those books from where I hid them now since there shouldn't be anypony left out and about. Hiding them inside that one sofa's torn fabric I found last year turned out to be a surprisingly good hiding place. I still won't be able to practice those elemental spells, but the heat's off our entire dorm building now, so it's something.

* * *

[This page and all of those following it are heavily damaged and stained with a reddish-brown substance. Luckily, the damage is low enough on the pages to not render anything unreadable as far as I can tell.]

April 17th

They finally removed the lockdown after coming to the conclusion that the books are no longer on campus, meaning I can finally go out and practice those spells again. While unable to really do much during the lockdown, I found myself sneaking some short peeks at Links to Dark Realms just out of curiosity while Starshine is asleep. I still think all the summoning nonsense the author is going on about is all fake, I did catch a familiar name to a creature I read about before in a different book a while ago. Though it held my attention, the fact that it was in a book of myths clinches that it's all just some silly nonsense.

In other news, diary I'm totally going to ask out Rosy now that we can actually leave the campus again. She and Starshine are the only two ponies who haven't ever insulted me for my less than stellar magic diversity or that I come from a small town like Tall Tale. I already have Starshine as my best friend, so it would mean the world to me if I could get Rosy to be something very special to me, too. I just need to find a time where I can be alone with her. Wish me luck, diary!

* * *

[The following page is dotted with what appears to be water damage. Some of the words have been rendered unreadable due to the ink running.]

April 20th

What did I do wrong, diary? Did I do something to deserve to be kicked around like this so much? Why can't I – [som]ething good happen to me for once? I thought Starshine – friend! She knew about my crush on Rosy but – yed me! Why would she – out first? Did she ever really see me as a friend, or is she – ke Winter? Somepony who just keeps me around – themselves look better?

[There's a large scribble of ink all over the bottom half of the page with lines going in random directions. Nothing appears to have been covered up.]

* * *

April 21st

Nothing matters.

* * *

[The following pattern was drawn on this next page. I did my best to replicate it for you. There are also signs of previous pages being torn out with indents on this one suggesting multiple attempts were made at the sketch.]

* * *

April 23rd

What have I done?

* * *

April 24th

The sun and moon still haven't risen into the sky and I can't see much further than ten feet or so away from the building when I look out the window. Any source of light we have in the building has been turned on or lit and we were given specific orders not to turn any of them off or snuff any flames. Apparently, the teachers have been able to sense some form of magic moving through this darkness and don't want to allow any of it inside like it's alive or something.

Why did I draw that circle? Why did I cast that spell? I thought it was fake! I was just trying to distract myself since practicing magic always helps me feel better! I didn't want any of this to happen and I don't know how to reverse it!

* * *

April 27th

We've all been forced to stay in our dorm rooms until all of this passes thanks to some idiots messing around and breaking a lamp in the common area. I can already tell Starshine is getting antsy and I can probably guess why. I'm just glad that she was able to get to sleep. I wish I could get to sleep so easily, but I've never been able to sleep with the lights on. I'm starting to feel really tired already. The book didn't have any information on how to reverse what I did, so I can only sit here and hope the teachers and the magic experts at the castle can figure out a way to get rid of all this.

* * *

April 28th

I hope my family is okay. Is this effect even reaching out all the way to Tall Tale? I hope not. The last thing I want is for Cosmic to get hurt because of me.



Huh, I just saw a pair of ponies trot through the campus. Normally, I wouldn't be surprised to see a pair of unfamiliar adults cutting through campus since it's a common shortcut to the train station, but we're not in normal times. They looked pretty beat up, too. Is there actually something in those shadows like the teachers said?

* * *

[The writing on this page appears to have been written in a very unsteady manner.]

May 1st

I have no idea that's happening, but when I woke up all of the lights in the room were destroyed. It was a struggle, but I managed to get most of the room lit up thanks to my practice with making objects glow. The room is a complete disaster and I can't find Starshine anywhere. I hope nothing happened to her, but the puddle I found you in isn't helping me stay calm.

I don't care if somepony sees me out here in the common room, I'm not going back into that dorm. Just being in there for as long as I was made me feel like I was getting crushed from all sides.

* * *

May 2nd

So far nopony has seen me. They're probably just not expecting anypony to be in this room due to the order. I can definitely hear the guards brought in to help keep us safe moving around back and forth. I'm just glad that it actually feels safe in here. The fireplace is also pretty calming, so that's a nice change from the past week or so.

I keep hearing sounds coming from the higher floors and it appears all of the guards went up to check. I swear if it's one of those idiots that got us locked in our rooms messing around again, I'm goi

I need to get out of here right now. The lights I can see through the windows peering into the main hallway all suddenly shut off. I don't know what's going on, but I don't want to be here to find out. If I can focus on my magic strongly enough, I should be able to get enough light in order to run out of here through all of that shadow. I just hope I can ma

I apologize, diary, but I'm going to hide you in here to make sure you're safe until I can come back. I have no clue what just happened, but I need to get out of here right now. I know it wasn't Starshine, but it looked like somepony had taken her shadow and made it three-dimensional. She tried to attack me! It was so hard to see her with all of the lights in here broken.

I thought I was going to die after she managed to cut me, but something came and took her attention away from me. I have absolutely no idea what it was, but it made that crushing feeling the dark has like five times worse. They both left me alone after that. I'm going to hide you in the couch and make a run for it. Hopefully I can come back and get you.

If anypony finds this book, I want to confess my crimes. My name is Astral Shift and I am a soon to graduate student of Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. If there's an Equestria left after all of this is over, I will accept any and all punishment that's coming my way for what I unleashed. I just wanted to be somepony important in the lives of others, but I made the biggest mistake anypony can make. I don't know where I'm going to go, but I just need to leave so I can survive long enough to actually see what's coming to me. Please stop the Nukelavee.

Comments ( 9 )

Oooh! That is quite interesting. I love the diary format! It's just enough mystery and is formatted enough to be quite believable. Nice job! I look forward to the next part! :pinkiehappy:

10815799
Thank you so much! This was my first attempt at trying a format like this and it was really fun to get down! Leaving the little breadcrumbs of information that build up onto each other really helped flex my brain~ :twilightsmile:

woah
WOAH
This was beautifully written and left me wanting more.
But it also leaves so many questions.
Is Astral alive?
Will they find him?
Are they going to find the "missing"?
Did I miss what happened to Rose or don't we know?
AAAAAAAAA
All in all though, this was amazing

10815873
Oh really? First time?
Did really good! But yeah, I can understand flexing the brain. Its really hard to seperate the final mystery into bits and pieces when you know the ending. It can be hard to tell if youve spoiled too much, didnt leave too much, etc. But so far, you are doing great. Got my mind turning its gears. Also, I like Twilight's notes. Tied the whole thing together. Keep it up!:twilightsmile:

A good prequel to your main story! Thank you for the story!

Not a bad prequel, though the unresolved stuff does leave me wanting more. Still, it was pretty well done. Thank you for the good read. :twilightsmile:

see kids this is where school drama GETS YOU!!!

A nice sequel. Restricted section is restricted for a reason. As far as reading a forbidden text and summoning an eldritch horror goes, the results were slightly better than the expected end of everything. I am intrigued to see what further installments of this tale might bring.

An excellent sequel, just like I expected when I found it in your stories list. ^_^

Login or register to comment