• Published 7th May 2021
  • 637 Views, 31 Comments

Pokémon Turquoise Johto Adventures - foxmaster



Just like the first one but in the Johto Region this time.

  • ...
6
 31
 637

Bugs In The Forest

It was the day of Turquoise’s gym battle with Bugsy and before she went to the gym she decided to check out Kurt’s place for some Apricorn Pokeballs. Kurt’s granddaughter showed her the many trees with the many different varieties of Apricorn that were all ready for use. Turquoise decided to take some pink ones so she could have more love balls to use. As soon as they returned to Kurt’s workshop he was waiting for them.

“ So Turquoise have you decided which kind of Pokeball you want?” Kurt asked.

“ Sure did,” Turquoise said while giving Kurt the three pink Apricorn’s she picked.

“ Three love balls coming up, I will have them ready before you leave Azalea Town,” Kurt said. As soon as that was done Turquoise left to meet Fluttershy at the gym.

“ Sorry for the wait it took a while to go through the many types of Apricorn needed for certain pokeballs,” Turquoise said. As soon as they entered the gym it looked like they stepped into a forest inside a greenhouse. Waiting for them in the center was Bugsy who looked raring to go.

“ Hope your ready to see what my bug-types can do,” Bugsy said.

“ I sure am,” Turquoise said. Before the battle could begin a boy who looked no older than nine wearing an outfit similar to Bugsy’s took his position in the ref’s spot with his two flags.

“ The battle between Bugsy the gym Leader and Turquoise the challenger will now begin, both sides will use three pokemon and the battle will be over when all three of one side pokemon are unable to battle, Also only the challenger is permitted to substitute pokemon,” The boy said with both sides in agreement. “ Let the battle begin.

“ Spinarak I chose you,” Bugsy said as he called out his Spinarak.

“ Go Murkrow,” Turquoise said as she called out Murkrow.

“ Spinarak use string shot. Spinarak fired sticky threads at Murkrow and managed to snag her. “ Now use Poison Sting. Spinarak fired poison needles at Murkrow only for Turquoise to react.

“ Use Assurance. Murkrow despite taking damage from Poison sting managed to dish out more damage which was enough to beat Spinarak.

“ Spinarak is unable to battle Murkrow is the winner,” The Ref said while pointing his right flag at Turquoise.

“ Spinarak return,” Bugsy said while recalling Spinarak. “ You did your best so rest up my friend. I must that was a powerful and well-timed counterattack.

“ Thanks,” Turquoise said.

“ But this battle is far from over,” Bugsy said while pulling out his next Pokeball and throwing it. “ Scyther I chose you. Scyther came out and looked ready to fight.

“ In that case return Murkrow,” Turquoise said before recalling Murkrow. Turquoise remembered how fast scyther is and decided to bring out her partner for this one. “ Go Espeon. Espeon came out and also looked raring to go.

“ A psychic type against a bug-type? Interesting,” Bugsy said.

“ Espeon use Swift. Espeon unleashed her Swift which managed to encircle Scyther.

“ Counter that with Double Hit. Scyther spun around while his blade-like appendages glowed white and slashed up the Swift. “ Now use X-Scissor. Scyther took off at high speed while crossing its blades and firing a purple x shaped slash at Espeon.

“ Dodge it. Espeon tried to dodge but the X-Scissor was too fast and inflicted a ton of damage. Luckily Espeon was able to withstand the attack but barely had any health left.

“ I must say your Espeon is quite strong if she can withstand a hit that powerful,” Bugsy said. “ But can she keep going? Scyther use Fury Cutter. Scyther charged at Espeon with blades glowing moss green.

“ Espeon use Psychic with all your might. Espeon managed to capture Scyther in her psychic field and slam it onto the ground hard causing a lot of damage. Scyther managed to get back up but before it could await Bugsy’s next command he fell backward and fainted.

“ Scyther is unable to battle Espeon is the winner,” The Ref said while pointing his right flag at Turquoise.

“ Return Scyther,” Bugsy said before recalling Scyther. “ You thought very hard now rest I must say I wasn’t expecting to lose to a Psychic-type you kind of remind me of someone from many years ago.

“ What can I say I believe in my partner,” Turquoise said.

“ Than its time I showed you, my partner, Butterfree I choose you,” Bugsy said before calling out his Butterfree.

“ Espeon use Swift. Espeon unleashed her Swift but Bugsy was ready for it.

“ Butterfree use Pollen Puff. Butterfree unleashed a bunch of spores that formed a huge puff of pollen that blocked the swift and then slammed Espeon with enough power to finish her.

“ Espeon is unable to battle Butterfree is the winner,” The ref said while pointing his left flag at Bugsy.

“ Return Espeon,” Turquoise said while recalling Espeon. “ You did great now rest. She wasted no time in calling out her next pokemon. “ Go Murkrow. Murkrow came out barely feeling the damage from her battle with Spinarak. “ Use Wing Attack. Murkrow charged in with glowing wings.

“ Butterfree use Stun Spore,” Butterfree unleashed a cloud of yellow spores that Murkrow flew through and came out of paralyzed. “ Now use Pollen Puff. Butterfree created another puff of pollen and then slammed it on Murkrow who was unable to move and was nailed by it then fainted.

“ Murkrow is unable to battle Butterfree is the winner,” The ref said while pointing his left flag at Bugsy.

“ Return Murkrow,” Turquoise said as she recalled her Murkrow. “ You fought well now rest. Turquoise took a moment to think and decided to see how her newest pokemon faired in a gym battle. “ Go Combee. Combee came out ready to go. “ Use Gust. Combee unleashed her Gust which did not faze Bugsy.

“ We will use Gust as well. Butterfree unleashed its Gust which pushed against Combee’s Gust. both moves pushed against each other but in the end, Butterfree’s Gust overpowered Combee’s Gust and damaged her. Combee was beginning to glow while withstanding the Gust.

“ Looks like Combee is evolving,” Turquoise said joyfully. Combee began to grow bigger and change shape. When the flash died down a Vespiquen stood where Combee once did. After checking her Pokedex Turquoise was impressed by the fact Vespiquen learned a couple of new moves.

“ What a sight to see Combee evolve into Vespiquen and as much as I would love to write about it we still have the battle to finish,” Bugsy said while trying to keep his enthusiasm in check. “ Butterfree use Psybeam. Butterfree fired a pink beam at Vespiquen which Turquoise was ready for.

“ Dodge and use Fell Stinger. Vespiquen twirled around the Psybeam before flying up and nailing Butterfree with a stinger from the center of her base. “ Now use Slash. Vespiquen got in close and unleashed a clean slash that managed to finish Butterfree off.

“ Butterfree is unable to battle Vespiquen is the winner which means victory goes to the challenger,” The ref said while pointing his right flag at Turquoise.

“ We did it,” Turquoise said with joy as she hugged Vespiquen. After recalling Butterfree Bugsy approached Turquoise.

“ That was a well-fought battle and as proof of your victory here at the Azelia Town Gym I present you with the Hive Badge,” Bugsy said before giving Turquoise a badge that looked like a ladybug.

“ Thanks,” Turquoise said.

“ So where are you off to next?” Bugsy asked.

“ To the next gym or Contest,” Turquoise said.

“ Then might I recommend the Goldenrod City Gym,” Bugsy suggested.

“ Where is Goldenrod City?” Turquoise asked.

“ Go through the Ilex Forset and then straight down Route 34 and you will be there,” Bugsy said.

“ Thanks,” Turquoise said. Turquoise and Fluttershy decided to head back to the Pokemon Center for the day. While Turquoise’s pokemon were healing she was watching coverage of Selena in her last contest with her Gabite dominating it.

“ And that was coverage of Selena and her latest victory in Bronze Town,” Julian said before continuing. “ And now I am happy to announce our next contest will be taking place in Goldenrod City two weeks from now and I can’t wait to see all you Coordinators there. Suddenly Selena’s words echoed through her mind. Before she could dwell on those words longer Nurse Joy got her attention.

“ All of your Pokemon are in good health,” Nurse Joy said before giving them back to her. Fluttershy prepared some special pokemon food for them since they worked very hard to bring Turquoise the win in today’s gym battle. After dinner, the girls decided to call it a night.


The next day the girls were about to set off until Kurt’s granddaughter ran towards them with a cloth wrapped around something.

“ Glad I caught up with you girls,” She said before continuing and unwrapping the cloth. “ Your Love Balls are ready Turquoise so my Grampa sent me to give them to you.

“ Thanks,” Turquoise said. After putting her new love balls away Turquoise and Fluttershy continued towards the Ilex Forest. As soon as they entered it felt like it was nighttime even though it was around late morning due to the very dense canopy of the trees. One thing they noticed was a bunch of nocturnal pokemon roaming around.

“ I never thought I could see a bunch of Hoothoot and Noctowl active this time of the day,” Fluttershy said with joy.

“ It must be because of this forest’s canopy. It looks so dark so the pokemon that live here must think it’s nighttime,” Turquoise theorized.

“ In any case, let’s keep going,” Fluttershy said. The girls kept going and before they could continue any further they ran into a couple of Team Supernova goons.

“ Where do you dumb kids think you’re going,” One of the goons said.

“ That is none of your business,” Turquoise said.

“ Well we are Team Supernova and unless you want us to beat you senseless you will scram right now,” The other goon said. The goons went back to trying to harm the local pokemon which peeved Fluttershy off.

“ We are not going anywhere now leave those innocent pokemon alone,” Fluttershy yelled while pulling out one of her pokeballs.

“ Don’t say we didn’t warn you, Go Drapion,” One of the goons said as he called out a big purple creature that looked like a big scorpion.

“ Go Crobat,” The other goon said as she called out her Crobat. Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex for Drapion.

“ Drapion, the Ogre Scorp pokemon, Its poison is potent, but it rarely sees use. This Pokémon prefers to use physical force instead, going on rampages with its car-crushing strength,” The Pokedex said.

“ Go Ursaring,” Fluttershy said before calling out Ursaring.

“ Go Espeon,” Turquoise said before calling out Espeon.

“ Use cross Poison,” Both grunts shouted which cued both Crobat and Drapion to use cross Poison which Turquoise and Fluttershy were ready for.

“ Dodge and use Psybeam on Crobat. Espeon dodged the Cross Poison and unleashed Psy beam on Crobat, knocking it out in one shot. Ursaring just took the Cross Poison and after getting Poisoned his Guts ability kicked in raising his attack power greatly.

“ Ursaring use Hammer Arm on Drapion. Ursaring’s arm glowed white before he swung it and inflicted a ton of damage on Drapion which knocked it out. With both pokemon now unable to battle the grunts recalled them and fled. Before the girls could rejoice in their victory Fluttershy looked through her bag for an antidote for Ursaring’s Poison Status. Luckily Turquoise had one on her since she took her mom’s advice on stocking up on essential supplies before starting this new journey. As soon as Ursaring’s Poison status was healed Fluttershy recalled him and the girls continued their way through the Ilex Forest. As they were walking they saw a split in the path along with a busted signpost. They looked for the actual sign itself but could not find it anywhere. Turquoise decided to settle this with a coin toss.

“ Heads we go left tails we go right,” Turquoise said before flipping her coin. As soon as the coin landed and Turquoise covered it with her palm she removed it to see the coin land on tails. “ Looks like we are going right. The girls went right and after about ten minutes of walking, they arrive out of the forest but not at their intended destination.

“ Looks like we went the wrong way,” Fluttershy said. After finding a Pokemon Center the girls decided to rest for the day but not before asking for directions to Goldenrod City from their current position.

“ This is the long way to Goldenrod City, it should only take you three days to get there,” Nurse Joy said. After their Pokemon were all healed they decided to call it a night.

To be continued

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Espeon ♀ LV: 60 Moves: Psychic/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Murkrow ♀ LV: 35 Moves: Faint Attack/ Wing Attack/ Night Shade/Assurance
Bayleef ♀ LV:22 Moves: Magical Leaf/Vine whip/Razor Leaf/ Poison Powder
Vespiquen ♀ LV:25 Moves: Gust/ Fell Stinger/ Slash/ Sweet Scent

Fluttershy's Team
Cinderace ♂ LV: 45 Moves: Flame Charge/ Pyro Ball/ Headbutt/ Double Kick
Ursaring ♂ LV:30 Moves: Hammer Arm/ Focus Blast/Slash/ Metal Claw

Bugsy's Team
Spinarak ♂ LV:20 Moves: String Shot/Poison sting/ Infestation/ Scary Face
Scyther ♂ LV:20 Moves: Double Hit/ X-Scissor/Fury Cutter/ Focus Energy
Butterfree ♂ LV:22 Moves: Stun Spore/ Pollen Puff/Gust/Psybeam

Turquoise: Badges:2 Ribbons:1

Sorry for the long wait