• Published 7th May 2021
  • 637 Views, 31 Comments

Pokémon Turquoise Johto Adventures - foxmaster



Just like the first one but in the Johto Region this time.

  • ...
6
 31
 637

Turquoise's New Groove

Last time our heroes arrived in Sinnoh for the Wallace Cup. After a reunion with some old friends and meeting Jasmine, it was time for the contest. Turquoise finally managed to regain her confidence by making it to the battle stage of the Wallace Cup. Will Turquoise go all the way or will she fail once again?

After the sixteen coordinators were revealed the pics were shuffled and the pairings were revealed. Luckily neither Turquoise, Rarity, nor Jasmine were facing each other right off the bat. Rarity and Jasmine were blowing through their matches while Turquoise was getting her groove back. Currently, she was going up against a coordinator with a Floatzel while she had her Altaria.

“Floatzel finish this with Ice Fang. Floatzel leaped out of the water and towards Altaria with fangs glowing with ice blue energy.

“Dodge and use Moon Blast. Altaria managed to dodge the Ice fang and then unleashed her Moon blast which dealt a good amount of damage while making Altaria look majestic. Before Floatzel could get back up time ran out.

“And that’s it time, moving on to the next round is,” Marion said before pausing for suspense. “It’s Turquoise. Turquoise was glad she made it past the first battle. Once the last battle was concluded it was now down to eight contestants. The first battle was Rarity vs her current rival Suri and it was Suri’s Primarina vs Rarity’s Lumineon. Both pokemon were putting on a very dazzling display of what the judges would describe as a water ballet.

“Time to finish this, Primarina use Sparkling Aria. Primarina began singing while also creating bubbles which rarity knew would be trouble if she allowed them to hit.

“Lumineon use Gust on the water. Lumineon used her Gust on the water creating a tornado of water that blocked the bubbles and dealt some damage to Primarina in the process which knocked her out.

“And with that dazzling finish Rarity will be moving on to the next round,” Marion said.

“You may have beaten me today rarity but mark my words I will destroy you in our next contest,” Suri said.

“And I look forward to it darling,” Rarity said before the two of them left the stage. The next match was between Jasmine and a trainer from Nimbasa City. the battle was intense but in the end, Jasmine won meaning she would be facing Rarity in the next round. Turquoise was up next and she along with her Ninetails was killing it by making quick work of their opponent. After the last battle was concluded Marion took the stage.

“After many great battles we are now down to our final four,” Marion said as all four coordinators appeared on the jumbotron. “And after a brief intermission, we shall move on to the next round but before that let's see who will be facing who. The parings were revealed to be Rarity vs Jasmine and Turquoise vs Carly. All four coordinators were backstage resting and healing their pokemon.

“Whoever wins between you two I look forward to having a good battle win or lose,” Turquoise said to Rarity and Jasmine.

“We both want to face you too but focus on beating Carly first,” Jasmine said.

“She’s right and let me assure you I won’t lose that easily,” Carly said. The conversation went on until it was time to battle. The first battle was Rarity vs Jasmine which gave turquoise a good chance to learn about how Jasmine battles. Both Rarity and Jasmine walked towards the stage ready to go.

“And now it's time for the first semi-final match of the Wallace Cup, On my left is Rarity and on my right is Jasmine, five minutes on the clock, go,” Marion said before the match started.

“Mawile let's shine,” Jasmine said before throwing a Pokeball which pooped open and unleashed a big pink heart that exploded with an odd-looking creature that had a big mouth on the back of her head that looked like a ponytail.

“Meowstic take the stage,” Rarity said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a bunch of music notes with Meowstic in the center of them.

“Mawile use Iron Head. Mawile charged at Meowstic while her head turned to metal.

“Dodge and use Reflect. Meowstic leaped out of the way before covering herself in a diamond-shaped shield made of blue energy.

“And that amazing dodge and expertly crafted Reflect cost Jasmine some points.

Jasmine: 85%

“Not bad but we are not out yet. Mawile use Flash Cannon. Mawile suddenly turned around and unleashed a beam of light from her back mouth which not only nailed Meowstic but also shattered Rarity’s diamond Reflect which cost her more points than Jasmine.

Rarity: 75%

“I’m impressed you shattered my defense but we also have more to show you. Meowstic use Magical Leaf. Meowstic unleashed her Magical Leaf which managed to fly towards Mawile.

“Counter that with Fairy Wind. Mawile unleashed her fairy Wind which not only sent the magical Leaf back but combined with it as well.

“Time to take a move out of Turquoise’s playbook, Meowstic use Psychic. Meowstic unleashed her Psychic which sent the enhanced magical leaf back with more power which caused a great amount of damage to Mawile.

“And that display just cost both sides some points,” Marion said while both Jasmine and Rarity’s points dropped as the clock reached the three-minute mark.

Jasmine: 55%

Rarity: 65%

“Impressive but we are not finished yet. Mawile use Play Rough. Mawile was running towards Meowstic ready to bite into her and toss her around until rarity reacted.

“Meowstic use Psychic to keep her away from you. Meowstic used Psychic to levitate Mawile before slamming her on the ground and finishing her off which caused the judges to hit their buzzers.

“And after such a dazzling battle moving on to the final round is Rarity,” Marion said as Rarity’s image appeared on the jumbotron. As soon as the match was over both sides shook on a well-thought battle.

“Best of luck in the final round,” Jasmine said before both of them returned backstage. It was now Turquoise’s turn to battle and she was doing very well against her opponent.

“Ninetails use Flamethrower. Ninetails unleashed her flamethrower which nailed her opponent’s Yanmega and finished it in one hit which caused the judges to hit their buzzers.

“And joining Rarity in the final round is Turquoise,” Marion said as Turquoise’s picture appeared on the jumbotron. Sometime later it was just Turquoise and rarity in the backstage area getting ready for the final battle.

“This sure brings back memories doesn't it?” Turquoise said.

“I know what you mean darling, It almost reminds me of our first contest battle in Cerulean City,” Rarity said.

“But this time I'm leaps and bounds beyond what I was back then,” Turquoise said.

“I see someone has regained her confidence,” Rarity said.

“I have and I hope to have another great battle with you,” Turquoise said. As soon as the intermission was over it was now time for the final battle of the Wallace Cup. Both girls took their positions before Marion took hers.

“At last, we made it to the final round of the Wallace Cup, These two have thought very hard to get here, On my left is Rarity and on my right is Turquoise, Five minutes on the clock, go,” Marion said before declaring the start of the battle.

“Delcatty take the stage,” Rarity said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a bunch of purple hearts with Delcatty in the center.

“Espeon let's dazzle them,” Turquoise said as she threw her own Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a bunch of multi-colored stars that overlapped each other before Espeon leaped out of them.

“Espeon use Psybeam. Espeon unleashed her Psybeam as her opening volley which Rarity was prepared for.

“Delcatty use Shockwave while spinning. Delcatty unleashed her Shockwave while doing a midair spin which created a defensive wall that Turquoise recognized as a counter shield.

“And that cost Turquoise some points,” Marion said as Turquoise’s points went down slightly.

Turquoise: 90%

“Now use assist. Delcatty used Assist which turned into Meowstic’s Magical Leaf.

“Espeon use Psychic on those leaves. Espeon managed to gain control over the leaves and sent them back which did not faze Rarity since she saw this coming.

“Delcatty use Blizzard. Delcatty unleashed her Blizzard which managed to overpower the leaves but not Turquoise’s plans.

“Use Psybeam while spinning. Espeon used the cover of the Blizzard to launch a spiraling Psybeam which nailed Delcatty for some great damage.

“And that clever use of rarity’s own Blizzard just cost her a truckload of points,” Marion said as Rarity’s points went down.

Rarity: 65%

“Not bad but we are far from done, Delcatty use Shockwave. Delcatty unleashed her Shockwave which Rarity was expecting Turquoise to use Psychic to redirect it until she surprised her.

“Espeon use Swift to guard. Espeon unleashed her Swift before having the stars combine into one big star that blocked the Shockwave. “Now use Psybeam. Espeon unleashed her Psybeam through the star which caused it to explode and rain down smaller stars on Delcatty while she took the full force of the attack.

“And that amazingly dazzling combo cost Rarity more points,” Marion said as rarity’s points went down some more near the three-minute mark.

Rarity: 45%

Delcatty use Assist. Delcatty unleashed her Assist which turned into Froslass’s Ominous wind this time. As soon as Espeon landed the Ominous wind hit and inflicted a massive amount of damage but not enough to beat Espeon.

“And that powerful blow cost Turquoise some major points,” Marion said as Turquoise’s points went down near the two-minute mark.

Turquoise: 50%

“Not bad but even when we are down we are not out, Espeon use Morning Sun. Espeon was bathed in sunlight which recovered some of the damage she sustained. “Now use Swift. Espeon unleashed her swift which was now spinning around Delcatty waiting for the trigger to strike which Rarity was not going to wait around for.

“Delcatty use Shockwave. Delcatty unleashed her Shockwave which made contact with the swift and destroyed it while leaving Delcatty with a shiny coat.

“And Delcatty escapes that swift with a shining coat,” Marion said as Turquoise’s points went down at the one-minute thirty-second mark.

Turquoise: 35%

Turquoise was enjoying this battle with Rarity and so was the crowd. Both sides were giving it their all and Turquoise was feeling like she finally got out of her rut. “Espeon use swift again. Espeon unleashed an entire storm of stars that did not faze Rarity.

“Delcatty counter that with Blizzard. Delcatty unleashed her Blizzard which sent the stars back while destroying them and making the ice crystals shine.

“Just what I was hoping for. Espeon use Psychic on that Blizzard. Espeon put everything she had into her Psychic attack which allowed her to control the Blizzard and send it back with enough power to inflict nearly enough damage to beat Delcatty.

“And that impressive display just cost rarity a boatload of points,” Marion said as Rarity’s points went down near the ten-second mark.

Rarity: 15%

Before either side could declare their next move the clock reached zero.

“And that’s it time, And the winner of the Wallace Cup is,” Marion said before pausing for suspense. “It’s Turquoise. Rarity recalled her Delcatty while smiling.

“Looks like she got her groove back,” Rarity said to herself. Sometime later it was now time for the award ceremony. Wallace and his milotic approached Turquoise.

“Turquoise today you have demonstrated the kind of creativity and skill we look for in a coordinator and so I proudly award you the aqua ribbon,” Wallace said as he had his milotic use Aqua Ring to float the ribbon to her.

“Thank you,” Turquoise said. Sometime later the girls were having dinner at a fancy restaurant to celebrate Turquoise’s victory while Jasmine took the next ferry back to Olivine City.

“So Turquoise what do you plan to do next?” Rarity asked.

“Tomorrow Fluttershy and I are returning to Johto and challenging Jasmine to a Gym Battle,” Turquoise said.

“What makes you so sure she will be there?” Applejack asked.

“Because before the Award Ceremony Jasmine told me she looked forward to my gym Challenge,” Turquoise said.

“In that case, let's enjoy tonight to the fullest,” Rarity said. The girls were eating and talking while enjoying themselves.


The next day Turquoise and Fluttershy were on the ferry heading for Olivine City while waving goodbye to their friends Rarity and Applejack.

“Good luck on the rest of your journey,” Rarity shouted. And so after winning her third ribbon and regaining her confidence as a coordinator Turquoise and Fluttershy return to Olivine City for the long-awaited gym Battle. How will Turquoise handle this one? Find out next time as the journey continues.

To Be continued

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Espeon ♀ LV: 60 Moves: Psychic/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Ninetales ♀ LV: 60 Moves: Flamethrower/ Fire Blast/ Extrasensory/ Confuse Ray
Altaria ♀ LV:60 Moves: Sky Attack/ Dragon Rush/ Dragon Breath/ Moon Blast
Milotic ♀ LV:60 Moves: Ice Beam/ Twister/ Hydro Pump/ Breaking Swipe
Umbreon ♂ LV:42 Moves: Shadow ball/Quick attack/Dark Pulse/Snarl
Gible ♂ LV:25 Moves: dragon Breath/Sand Tomb/Bite/Bulldoze
At Oak's Lab
Hunchkrow ♀ LV: 40 Moves: Faint Attack/ Wing Attack/ Night Shade/Assurance
Meganium ♀ LV:47 Moves: Magical Leaf/Vine whip/Petal Dance/ Body Slam
Vespiquen ♀ LV:35 Moves: Pin Missile/ Air Slash/ Slash/ Power Gem

Fluttershy's Team
Cinderace ♂ LV: 45 Moves: Flame Charge/ Pyro Ball/ Headbutt/ Double Kick
Ursaring ♂ LV:30 Moves: Hammer Arm/ Focus Blast/Slash/ Metal Claw

Rarity's Team
Lumineon ♀ LV:35 Moves: Aqua Ring/ Attract/Water Pulse/Gust
Delcatty ♀ LV:60 Moves: Assist/ Blizzard/ Sing/ Shockwave
Meowstic ♀ LV:60 Moves: Magical Leaf/ Disarming Voice/ Reflect/ Light Screen

Turquoise: Badges:5 Ribbons:3

I hope everyone is looking forward to the gym battle in the next chapter.