• Published 7th May 2021
  • 637 Views, 31 Comments

Pokémon Turquoise Johto Adventures - foxmaster



Just like the first one but in the Johto Region this time.

  • ...
6
 31
 637

Rivals New And Old

Turquoise and Fluttershy were on their way to Ecruteak City but for now, they were having lunch in an open field. All the pokemon were playing, Fluttershy was cooking, and Turquoise was listening to the radio on her Pokegear.

“And up to bat for the Celadon Meganium is Jack Gregson,” The Announcer said before continuing. “It’s the bottom of the ninth and the bases are loaded with the Sunyshore Luxray ahead by three, The Maganium will need a miracle to win this one, Heres the wind-up and the pitch. A few seconds of silence later the announcer shouted with excitement. “ And it’s a grand slam the Meganium have won their way to the quarter-finals.

“What are you listening to Turquoise?” Fluttershy asked before plating some curry on the table.

“The world series,” Turquoise said.

“I didn’t know you were a fan of baseball like Rainbow was?” Fluttershy said.

“I have always been a fan of the Meganium,” Turquoise said.

“Are they as good as the Castelia Braviary?” Fluttershy asked.

“Good? They are not good they are the best,” Turquoise said.

“Well, I have to disagree,” A girl with brown hair wearing a light blue top with white shorts and a yellow jacket with black vertical stripes which Turquoise recognized as an old-school Electabuzz jersey said before approaching the group with a big blue and yellow gator-like creature with red spines wearing a white headband with a thunderbolt on it.

“And you are?” Turquoise asked.

“I’m Macy and this is my partner Croconaw,” Macy said before Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex.

“Croconaw, The big Jaw Pokemon and the evolved form of Totodile, Once it bites down, it won't let go until it loses its fangs. New fangs quickly grow into place,” The Pokedex said.

“I’m Turquoise,” Turquoise said.

“And I’m Fluttershy,” Fluttershy said timidly.

“Anyway your wrong about who the best is, The Electabuzz are the best,” Macy said.

“No, the Meganium are,” Turquoise said.

“Electabuzz,” Macy shouted.

“Meganium,” Turquoise shouted back. The argument went on for a good couple of minutes until Fluttershy had enough.

“QUIET BOTH OF YOU,” Fluttershy shouted which silenced both Turquoise and Macy. “I may not care too much about baseball but if you want to settle this argument then just battle as any trainer would.

“Sounds good to me,” Turquoise said.

“Me too,” Macy said. Once that was settled the girls began eating before the curry got cold. Luckily Fluttershy made plenty to go around. After lunch was finished it was time to battle. Fluttershy agreed to be the ref for this one.

“This will be a one on one battle with no substitutions,” Fluttershy said.

“Sounds good,” Turquoise said.

“Fine with me,” Macy said.

“Call your pokemon,” Fluttershy said.

“Go Croconaw,” Macy said as she sent out Croconaw.

“Go Bayleef,” Turquoise said as she called out her Bayleef.

“Battle start,” Fluttershy said.

“Croconaw use Water Gun. Croconaw fired a small stream of water at Bayleef which did not faze turquoise one bit since water-type moves are weak against Grass-types.

“Bayleef use Magical Leaf. Bayleef unleashed a bunch of leaves that managed to nail Croconaw and stopped the water gun. “Now use Poison Powder. Bayleef unleashed a cloud of Poison that managed to hit Croconaw and weaken it.

“Don’t think that will stop us. Croconaw use Ice Fang. Croconaw’s fangs glowed with light blue energy while rushing towards Bayleef. Before Turquoise could give her next command Croconaw bit into Bayleef and caused ice to form in the spot where she was bitten. Suddenly Bayleef was now unable to move due to the ice. “Now finish this with Crunch. Croconaw ran towards Bayleef with glowing fangs before taking a big bite into her which caused an explosion. As soon as the smoke cleared Bayleef was knocked out.

“Bayleef is unable to battle, Croconaw is the winner which means Macy wins the match,” Fluttershy said while pointing her left arm at Macy.

“We did it,” Macy said as she and Croconaw celebrated. Suddenly Croconaw began to glow with a white glow which indicated it was evolving. “I have been waiting for this moment. Croconaw began to change shape while getting bigger. Its arms and tail grew longer while its face began to change form. The light faded and now revealed a bigger blue and yellow gator-like creature with red spines and intimidating-looking eyes.

“Gator,” The creature said before Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex.

“Feraligatr, The Big jaw Pokemon and the final evolved form of Totodile, Feraligatr intimidates its foes by opening its huge mouth. In battle, it will kick the ground hard with its thick and powerful hind legs to charge at the foe at an incredible speed,” The Pokedex said. After the battle, Fluttershy began treating both Bayleef and Feraligatr while Turquoise and Macy began to chat.

“I must admit your Croconaw was impressive,” Turquoise said.

“Not as much as your Bayleef,” Macy said.

“So what is your goal as a pokemon trainer?” Turquoise asked.

“I’m entering the Johto League, I already won three badges,” Macy said while showing Turquoise her badge case which had the Zephir Badge, The Plain Badge, and the Hive Badge. “What is your goal?

“My goal is the enter both the Johto league and the Johto Grand Festival,” Turquoise said.

“Are you sure you can handle doing both of those?” Macy asked.

“I managed to do it before and I can do it again,” Turquoise said.

“How far along have you gotten on those roads?” Macy asked.

“So far I have three gym badges and two ribbons,” Turquoise said while showing them to Macy.

“Impressive I bet you are a very skilled coordinator,” Macy said.

“I was but lately it felt like I lost my touch,” Turquoise said.

“Why is that?” Macy asked.

“Because in the only two contests, I entered so far, I barely squeezed by to the second round and my greatest rival told me my performances have been very lackluster compared to back in Kanto,” Turquoise said.

“So then why don’t you use the pokemon you had back then?” Macy asked.

“Because I wanted to start this journey with just my partner like Ash and his Pikachu,” Turquoise said.

“Do you mean Ash Ketchum?” Macy asked.

“I do how did you guess?” Turquoise asked.

“My mom met him back when she first started on her journey with her Meganium when it was just a Chikorita,” Macy said. Suddenly Fluttershy came up to them.

“All right girls your pokemon are back to full health,” Fluttershy said before Bayleef rubbed up against Turquoise.

“Good to see you too Bayleef,” Turquoise said. Macy recalled her Feraligatr before grabbing her bag.

“Well girls I must be off now I hope to see you again soon,” Macy said before leaving. The girls decided it was also time for them to get going too. After packing everything up and recalling their pokemon Turquoise and Fluttershy continued to the next town. As soon as they got there the girls found the Pokemon Center and decided to rest up for the night.


The next day the girls were eating breakfast while deciding where to go next. Before they could decide Loki showed up.

“Long time no see ladies,” Loki said.

“What brings you here Loki?” Turquoise asked.

“I just got here after beating Whitley and claiming my third badge,” Loki said while showing his badges off.

“Very nice,” Turquoise said.

“Anyway I’m here to do some training before continuing to Ecruteak City to face the Gym Leader,” Loki said.

“How much stronger have you gotten since our last battle?” Turquoise asked.

“Battle me and you will see,” Loki said.

“I’m always up for a battle,” Turquoise said before finishing her food. Turquoise and Loki proceeded to the battlefield and agreed to use the same rules as before. Fluttershy agreed to be the ref for this one.

“This battle will be a three-on-three battle with substitutions allowed,” Fluttershy said.

“Agreed,” Both Turquoise and Loki said.

“Call out your first pokemon,” Fluttershy said.

“Go Quilava,” Loki said as he called out his Quilava. Turquoise remembered her loss from yesterday and decided to try something.

“Go Bayleef,” Turquoise said as she called out Bayleef.

“Have you lost your mind? Surely an expert like yourself knows Grass-types are weak against Fire-Types,” Loki said.

“I know that but I learned something yesterday, Type Advantage is not everything,” Turquoise said.

“Suit yourself,” Loki said.

“Battle start,” Fluttershy said.

“Quilava use FlameWheel. Quilava charged at Bayleef while being encased inside a flaming wheel.

“Dodge and use Poison Powder. Bayleef managed to dodge the Flamewheel and unleashed poison powder. As soon as the flames went out Quilava was affected and poisoned. “Now use Vine whip on the ground. Bayleef unleashed her Vine whip on the ground and took off.

“Clever move but not good enough, Quilava use Swift while Bayleef is still airborne. Quilava unleashed Swift which Turquoise was expecting.

“Counter that with Razor Leaf. Bayleef unleashed her Razor Leaf which collided with the Swift and canceled each other out. “Now use Magical Leaf. Bayleef unleashed her magical Leaf which managed to nail Quilava. Before Quilava could move Bayleef managed to land on top of him. The poison kicked in and managed to damage Quilava.

“Quilava shake Bayleef off and use Flamethrower. Quilava managed to break free from Bayleef’s hold and unleashed Flamethrower which surprised Turquoise and nailed Bayleef for some good damage.

“When did Quilava learn Flamethrower?” Turquoise asked.

“Since I taught it to him by using the TR for it I got from the Goldenrod department store,” Loki said. Suddenly Bayleef withstood the attack and showed a very determined expression before glowing.

“Looks like Bayleef is evolving,” Turquoise said. Bayleef began to grow as buds around her neck began to bloom and merge creating a flower around her neck as it extended. Her leaf also retracted and was replaced with two antennas. As soon as the glow died down a big green creature with two yellow antennas, yellow eyes, and a pink flower around her neck stood where Bayleef did.

“Ganium,” The creature said before Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex.

“Meganium, The Herb pokemon and the final evolve form of Chikorita, The fragrance of Meganium's flower soothes and calms emotions. In battle, this Pokémon gives off more of its becalming scent to blunt the foe's fighting spirit,” The Pokedex said.

“Congrats on evolving but we are not out yet. Quilava use Swift. Quilava unleashed Swift which Turquoise was ready for.

“let’s show him your new move. Meganium use Petal Dance. Meganium unleashed a spiral of pink flower petals that collided with the Swift. Both moves managed to land and covered the battlefield in smoke. As soon as the smoke cleared both Quilava and Meganium were revealed to have fainted.

“ Both pokemon are unable to battle so this round is a draw,” Fluttershy said while crossing her arms.

“Meganium return,” Turquoise said as she recalled Meganium. “You earned your evolution now rest.

“Return Quilava,” Loki said as he recalled Quilava. “You thought hard and earned a good rest. Both sides considered who to send out next and Loki wasted no time making his choice. “Go Swadloon. Loki sent out a yellow creature wrapped in green leaves with an indifferent expression on its face. Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex again for this one.

“Swadloon, The Leaf-Wrapped Pokemon and the evolved form of Sewaddle, It protects itself from the cold by wrapping up in leaves. It stays on the move, eating leaves in forests,” The Pokedex said.

“In that case go Hunchkrow,” Turquoise said while calling out Hunchkrow.

“That won’t stop us. Swadloon use String Shot. Swadloon unleashed multiple threads which did not faze Turquoise in the slightest.

“Hunchkrow use Wing Attack. Hunchkrow’s wings glowed with white energy before breaking the string shot and nailing Swadloon for a ton of damage and knocking it out in one hit.

“Swadloon is unable to battle Hunchkrow is the winner,” Fluttershy said while pointing her right arm at Turquoise.

“ Not bad but let’s see you beat this, Go Pikachu,” Loki said as he called out his Pikachu. Turquoise decided to stick with Hunchkrow. “Pikachu let’s start with Thunderbolt. Pikachu unleashed his thunderbolt which surprised Turquoise again.

“Dodge and use Nightshade. Hunchkrow barely dodged the Thunderbolt and unleashed Nightshade which dealt some damage.

“ Don’t think you can last much longer, Pikachu use Iron Tail on the ground. Pikachu used Iron tail to propel himself into the air and above Hunchkrow which Turquoise recognized as one of Ash’s moves. “Now use Volt Tackle. Pikachu unleashed a volt Tackle from above which managed to nail Hunchkrow and sent her hurtling towards the ground and faint upon impact.

“Hunchkrow is unable to battle Pikachu is the winner,” Fluttershy said while pointing her left arm at Loki.

“Return Hunchkrow,” Turquoise said as she recalled Hunchkrow. “You thought hard now rest. Turquoise decided to send in her newest pokemon. “Go Eevee. As soon as Eevee landed on the battlefield he began to look scared. “ Relax Eevee it’s just a friendly battle.

“You newest pokemon looks like more of a coward than a help,” Loki said.

“Listen Eevee this is just a friendly battle so win or lose just have fun,” Turquoise said.

“Are both sides ready?” Fluttershy asked.

“We are,” Turquoise and Loki said in unison.

“Resume battle,” Fluttershy said.

“Eevee use Shadow Ball. Eevee unleashed shadow ball which Loki was expecting.

“Pikachu send it back with Iron Tail. Pikachu used Iron Tail to send shadow ball back with some added power which managed to affect Eevee despite being a Normal-Type.

“Don’t give up Eevee,” Turquoise shouted as Eevee got back up. “Use Quick Attack. Eevee rushed at Pikachu with a white trail behind him.

“Wrap this up with Volt Tackle. Pikachu charged at Eevee with Volt Tackle before both moves collided and pushed against each other. Eevee put everything he had into Quick Attack but in the end, Pikachu’s Volt Tackle won and sent Eevee flying before fainting.

“ Eevee is unable to battle Pikachu is the winner which means Loki wins the match,” Fluttershy said while pointing her left arm at Loki. After recalling Eevee Loki approached Turquoise.

“That was a good battle,” Loki said.

“Thanks,” Turquoise said.

“I know it’s probably not my place to tell you this but your Eevee is not much of a battler with such a cowardly disposition,” Loki said.

“Eevee has been through quite a lot before I caught him,” Turquoise said.

“I suggest your Eevee gets over those problems before battling again,” Loki said before taking his leave. After her pokemon were all healed Turquoise and Fluttershy continued on their way to Ecruteak City.

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Espeon ♀ LV: 60 Moves: Psychic/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Hunchkrow ♀ LV: 40 Moves: Faint Attack/ Wing Attack/ Night Shade/Assurance
Meganium ♀ LV:32 Moves: Magical Leaf/Vine whip/Petal Dance/ Poison Powder
Vespiquen ♀ LV:25 Moves: Pin Missile/ Fell Stinger/ Slash/ Sweet Scent
Eevee ♂ LV:30 Moves: Shadow ball/Quick attack/Swift/Copycat

Fluttershy's Team
Cinderace ♂ LV: 45 Moves: Flame Charge/ Pyro Ball/ Headbutt/ Double Kick
Ursaring ♂ LV:30 Moves: Hammer Arm/ Focus Blast/Slash/ Metal Claw

Loki's Team
Quilava ♀ LV:31 Moves: Quick Attack/Flamewheel/Swift/ Flamethrower
Pikachu ♂ LV:30 Moves: Quick Attack/Thunderbolt/Volt Tackle/ Iron Tail
Sewaddle ♂ LV: 25 Moves: String Shot/ Bug Bite/Protect/ Razor Leaf

Macy's Team
Feraligatr ♂ LV30 Moves: Crunch/ Ice fang/ Water gun/ Scary face

Turquoise: Badges:3 Ribbons:2

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and expect to see more of Macy in future chapters