• Published 7th May 2021
  • 637 Views, 31 Comments

Pokémon Turquoise Johto Adventures - foxmaster



Just like the first one but in the Johto Region this time.

  • ...
6
 31
 637

Emma's Enchanting Debut

The day of the contest arrived and Turquoise was excited. She has been practicing for this contest for a while now. Turquoise and Fluttershy left for the contest hall as soon as they finished breakfast. As they were walking they came across a girl with blonde hair styled in pigtails wearing a white lolita dress with a red hood who was running frantically before bumping into them and knocking them over.

“Sorry about that,” The girl apologized as Turquoise and Fluttershy got back up.

“What’s the rush?” Turquoise asked.

“I’m looking for the contest hall,” The girl said.

“We are going there too why not come with us,” Turquoise said. The three of them left for the contest hall while engaging in some conversation.

“I’m Turquoise,” Turquoise said.

“I’m Fluttershy,” Fluttershy said.

“Nice to meet you two I’m Emma,” Emma said.

“Are you entering the contest too?” Turquoise asked.

“I am but to be honest I’m nervous since this is my first time entering a contest,” Emma said while pulling down on her hood.

“I know the feeling when I entered my first contest alongside a friend of ours who was a contest master I was worried I was going to embarrass myself and my pokemon in front of her,” Turquoise said.

“How did you deal with the nervousness you felt?” Emma asked.

“I tuned out the crowd and the judges during the performance which makes it easy to focus on what we wanted to do,” Turquoise said.

“Do you think I can do that too?” Emma asked.

“You can try but we all have our own ways of doing stuff so just do what works best for you,” Turquoise said.

“I will,” Emma said. They suddenly arrived at the contest hall. After registering both of them were about to go backstage. Before she went Turquoise had a favor to ask Fluttershy.

“ Would you mind holding on to Eevee for me? I want him to observe,” Turquoise asked.

“ Sure no problem,” Fluttershy said. After giving Eevee to Fluttershy she went backstage to change. Turquoise came out in her contest dress while Emma came out wearing a blue ball gown that looked like it came out of a fairytale.

“Cute outfit,” Turquoise said.

“Thanks, I had some help from my friends,” Emma said. Suddenly the screen turned on and focused on the Mc Julian.

“Welcome everyone to today’s contest held here in the heart of Johto Goldenrod City,” Julian said while doing her signature spin. “I am your Mc Julian and here are the judges for the contest. First up from the Pokemon activities Committee Mr.Contesta.

“A pleasure as always,” Contesta said.

“Next up the head of the Pokemon Fan Club Mr. Sukizo,” Julian said.

“Remarkable,” Sukizo said.

“And finally Goldenrod City’s own Nurse Joy,” Julian said.

“Glad to be here today,” Nurse joy said.

“And now let the contest commence,” Julian said before exiting the stage. Many skilled coordinators went on one by one until it was Turquoise’s turn. “Next up all the way from Pallet Town in the Kanto Region is Turquoise. As soon as Turquoise entered the stage she pulled out her Pokeball.

“Vespiquen let’s dazzle them,” Turquoise said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a bunch of pink flowers that later revealed Vespiquen. “Let’s start with Sweet Scent. Vespiquen unleashed a cloud of pink that surrounded her and the stage. “Now use Pin Missile. Vespiquen spun around elegantly while shooting glowing white projectiles into the air which created fireworks that combined with the Sweet Scent and rained down on Vespiquen making her look more dazzling.

“Now that was a good way to combine moves, what do you say judges?” Julian said.

“The combination of Sweet Scent and Pin Missile was quite unique,” Contesta said.

“Remarkable,” Sukizo said.

“It was like watching a festival on a foggy night,” Nurse Joy said. As soon as Turquoise returned backstage she saw Emma doing a strange ritual that involved tracing her palm and placing it on her mouth.

“There is no way I can top any of what these guys did I’m so done for,” Emma said to herself out loud. Turquoise told her to place her hands together which Emma did before Turquoise slapped hers on top of Emma’s hard which made it sting. “Ow, that stings.

“It’s a little trick I picked up on my previous journey to help calm my nerves, The only drawback is you can’t do it on your own,” Turquoise said before Emma realized it worked. “Listen don’t focus on what everyone else is doing this is your time in the spotlight, You and your pokemon should just do the kind of performance you want to do. A pokemon contest is a way to showcase the bond a coordinator has with their pokemon and demonstrates it in a way that is both fun and entertaining.

“Your right I can do this,” Emma said before walking out to the stage with renewed confidence.

“And now for our final contestant making her contest debut all the way from Laverre City in the Kalos Region is Emma,” Julian said as Emma walked gracefully on stage.

“Alcremie Showtime,” Emma said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a bunch of pink hearts that had a creature made of pink cream with strawberries on it appear in the center of them. Turquoise curious as always pulled out her Pokedex to learn about it.

“Alcremie, The cream Pokemon, The cells that compose its cream fluctuated suddenly during evolution, giving the cream a sweet and tart flavor,” The Pokedex said.

“Alcremie let’s start with Sweet Kiss. Alcremie blew many red hearts that started floating around before Emma called her next move. “Now use Mystical Fire. Alcremie unleashed many fireballs on the floating hearts which caused them to explode and generate pink heart-shaped fireworks.

“Now that was an explosive performance,” Julien said.

“Truly a unique way to demonstrate Alcremie’s cuteness,” Contesta said.

“Remarkable,” Sukizo said.

“I have seen many varieties of Alcremie but that performance sure put the strawberry ruby cream variety front and center,” Nurse Joy said. As soon as Emma returned backstage Turquoise was impressed with her performance.

“That was amazing,” Turquoise said.

“You think so?” Emma asked.

“I sure do and I bet the judges think so as well,” Turquoise said. As they were talking Julien appeared on the screen.

“Sorry for the wait so without further ado here are the lucky eight coordinators moving on to round two,” Julien said as the profile pics of the chosen coordinators appeared one by one with Emma in first and the eighth one taking a while until it revealed Turquoise. Turquoise was relieved to see she made the cut but just barely. After the pics were shuffled the battle stage began. Turquoise and Emma thought their way through the round until it was just the two of them left.

“And now we are down to the final match, On my left is Emma and on my right is Turquoise, five minutes on the clock, go,” Julien said before the clock started.

“Braixen Showtime,” Emma said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed some orange flames that later revealed a yellow and white bipedal fox with patches of red on the tip of its tail and red hair coming out of its ears and finally a stick stuck in its tail.

“Hunchkrow Let’s dazzle them,” Turquoise said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed some black smoke that Hunchkrow flew out of.

“Braixen use Fire Spin. Braixen pulled her stick out and spun it around creating a vortex of fire that was heading towards Hunchkrow.

“Dodge and use Night Shade. Hunchkrow managed to dodge the fire spin before shooting her Night Shade through creating a wake of orange embers which contrasted with the dark energy of Night Shade as it nailed Braixen.

Emma: 75%

“Now use Wing Attack. Hunchkrow swooped down with wings covered in white energy.

“Braixen use Double Team. Just before Hunchkrow’s attack could land Braixen split herself into multiple copies which Hunchkrow managed to nail one of which cost Turquoise some points.

Turquoise: 90%

“Now use Flamethrower from all sides. All of the Braixen clones waved their sticks like wands and then sent streams of fire at Hunchkrow who was now in the center above the circle.

“Fly higher and use Night Daze while spinning. Hunchkrow flew higher and managed to dodge the barrage of Flamethrowers before pointing down and using Night Shade while spinning which sent a beam that followed the line of the circle and not only dispelled the clones but also inflict more damage to Braixen.

“And that impressive counter-attack and dodge just cost Emma a boatload of points,” Julien said as Emma’s points went down at the three-minute mark.

Emma: 40%

“Now use Faint Attack. Hunchkrow flew towards Braixen like a rocket while covered in black energy. Emma reacted to the attack almost instantly.

“Braixen use Double Team. Braixen once again split herself into multiple copies which Hunchkrow nailed one of.

Turquoise: 80%

“ Now use Fire spin from all sides. Brazen and her copies spun their sticks and created a fire flame vortex that Hunchkrow had the misfortune of getting caught in which cost Turquoise some more points at the two-minute mark.

Turquoise: 65%

“Hunchkrow use Nightshade while spinning. Hunchkrow repeated the same move which managed to dispel the clones but not the real one who managed to dodge the attack this time costing both Turquoise and Emma points.

Turquoise:45%

Emma:30%

“Braixen use Flamethrower. Braixen unleashed her Flamethrower which Turquoise was prepared for.

“Dodge and use Assurance. Hunchkrow dodged the Flamethrower and unleashed a dark aura on Braixen which was enough to finish her and cause the judges to hit their buzzers.

“And with that the winner of the Goldenrod Ribbon is Turquoise,” Julian said as Turquoise’s picture appeared on screen with the winner icon on it. Sometime later everyone was gathered to watch Turquoise claim her ribbon. “And now Mr.Contesta will present the Goldenrod Ribbon to Turquoise.

“We hope to see more from you in the next contest,” Contesta said before giving Turquoise her ribbon. After changing back into her street clothes Turquoise left to reunite with Fluttershy. Eevee was still hyped up after seeing the battle.

“I see you enjoyed the battle,” Turquoise said as she picked Eevee up. “Well get excited because as soon as we get back on the road we will begin working on some combinations. Before the girls could return to the Pokemon Center Emma stopped them.

“Where are you girls off to next?” Emma asked.

“ Right now back to the Pokemon Center but tomorrow we are heading for Ecruteak City,” Turquoise said.

“Good choice, Ecruteak City is Johto’s most cultural city and it has a lot of history,” Emma said.

“Have you been there before?” Fluttershy asked.

“I sure have,” Emma said.

“Can you tell me about the Gym Leader?” Turquoise asked.

“I can tell you about Morty but why do you want to know?” Emma asked.

“Because I am also competing in the Johto league,” Turquoise said.

“Sorry I just assumed since you were a coordinator you only did contests,” Emma apologized.

“I am a coordinator and also a gym challenger,” Turquoise said.

“In that case, Morty specializes in Ghost-Types and his main team consists of all three stages of Gengar’s evolutionary line,” Emma explained.

“I just might be able to beat that,” Turquoise said.

“Also one piece of advice a pokemon that knows the move Foresight would be helpful,” Emma said.

“Why is that?” Fluttershy asked.

“You will see once you get there,” Emma said before leaving. Turquoise and Fluttershy are now leaving for the Pokemon center to rest up for the night.


The next day Turquoise and Fluttershy were ready to head out for their next destination which was Ecruteak City. As soon as they reached the City limits it was on to their next adventure.

To Be continued

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Espeon ♀ LV: 60 Moves: Psychic/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Hunchkrow ♀ LV: 35 Moves: Faint Attack/ Wing Attack/ Night Shade/Assurance
Bayleef ♀ LV:28 Moves: Magical Leaf/Vine whip/Razor Leaf/ Poison Powder
Vespiquen ♀ LV:25 Moves: Pin Missile/ Fell Stinger/ Slash/ Sweet Scent
Eevee ♂ LV:30 Moves: Shadow ball/Quick attack/Swift/Copycat

Fluttershy's Team
Cinderace ♂ LV: 45 Moves: Flame Charge/ Pyro Ball/ Headbutt/ Double Kick
Ursaring ♂ LV:30 Moves: Hammer Arm/ Focus Blast/Slash/ Metal Claw

Emma's Team
Braixen ♀ LV:25 moves Fire spin/ Flamethrower/ Double team/ Psybeam
Alcremie ♀ LV:25 Moves: Decorate/ Sweet Kiss/ mystical Fire/ Draining Kiss

Turquoise: Badges:3 Ribbons:2

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter