• Published 7th May 2021
  • 637 Views, 31 Comments

Pokémon Turquoise Johto Adventures - foxmaster



Just like the first one but in the Johto Region this time.

  • ...
6
 31
 637

The Skies The Limit

Continuing on the road to Candina Island Turquoise and Fluttershy decided to make a brief stop in Cherrygrove City so Turquoise could register for the Silver Conference. Currently Turquoise is at the Pokemon Center getting her registration done. A few seconds later it was done.

“All right Turquoise, you are all set,” Nurse Joy said.

“Thank you,” Turquoise said.

“And I also have some great news about your egg. It's about ready to hatch any day now,” Nurse Joy said. This news made Turquoise excited. With her registration now squared away it was off to Candina Island for the grand festival.

“How exactly will we reach Olivine City in less than a month?” Fluttershy asked.

“We will figure something out along the way right now let's try to get as far as we can,” Turquoise said before she and Fluttershy continued on the road.


Sometime later the girls arrived in Violet City where they decided to take a break for lunch. Suddenly a familiar face appeared.

“Ah Turquoise and Fluttershy, so good to see you girls again,” The person who was revealed to be Falkner said.

“You too Falkner,” Turquoise said.

“So what brings you two back to Violet City?” Falkner asked.

“I got all eight gym badges and all five ribbons, so we are heading for Olivine City and then to Candina Island,” Turquoise said.

“Congrats,” Falkner said.

“But we still have a long way to go and less than a month to get there,” Fluttershy said.

“Well I was about to leave for Sky Valley for the annual sky race, If you two want to come with me I can at least shave some time from your long trip,” Falkner said.

“Where is Sky Valley?” Fluttershy asked.

“It's a huge valley northwest of Ecruteak City, it's a bit off the path but it will save you about a couple of weeks of walking nonstop,” Falkner said.

“Sure that would be very helpful,” Turquoise said.

“Great now let’s return to the gym so I can get my balloon ready,” Falkner said.


Sometime later the girls and Falkner were flying above the forest in Falkner’s Pidgey-shaped hot air balloon.

“So tell us more about this sky race,” Turquoise said piqued with curiosity.

“It's a racing competition where trainers race from sky valley to the finish line in Pinecrest City which is about halfway to Olivine City and they do so while riding on their Flying-Type Pokemon,” Falkner explained.

“Cool, I think I will enter since this could save us more time,” Turquoise said.

“I’m glad you want to enter but what about Fluttershy? This is a solo competition, not a team one,” Falkner asked.

“Not gonna be an issue,” Turquoise said but not telling since they were still in the air in a small basket built for a max of three people. Sometime later they arrived in what looked like a normal valley until a strong gust of wind blew from below and sent the balloon upward.

“Where did this sudden wind come from?” Turquoise shouted.

“It's the valley, strong gusts tend to blow around here which makes Sky Valley a perfect place for training Flying-type Pokemon,” Falkner said before the wind died down and they were able to land safely. After landing and anchoring the balloon it was time for Falkner and Turquoise to register.

“You mentioned you had a solution for me to keep up with you two, now is the time to show it,” Fluttershy said.

“Right, Go Garchomp,” Turquoise said as she called out her Garchomp. “We will be racing in the sky so Garchomp mind carrying Fluttershy while following behind us?” Turquoise asked with Garchomp nodding yes.

“Now then let's register before they run out of spots,” Falkner said. Both Turquoise and Falkner were able to register and were given a bib number. Turquoise was 54 and Falkner was 55. Sometime later all the racers were gathered at the starting line with tracking anklets strapped to the legs of the Pokemon. and the announcer was about to speak.

“Welcome everyone to the ninth annual Sky Race. before we get to the prize allow me to show you the route our racers will be following,” The announcer said before directing everyone’s attention to the course map on the jumbotron. “As you can see the red dots are the racers and the race will start from here in sky valley and continue all the way to Pinecrest City which is 20 kilometers from here. The rules are simple. The racers will need to remain airborne at all times to stay in the race. Landing anywhere between the rest area and the starting line or finish line will result in elimination. You may not attack the other racers with Pokemon moves but you may use moves to increase your speed,” The announcer said before moving on to the prize. “And lastly the prize for this race is a complete set of wings. The camera shifted its focus to a case that contained feathers of different colors each representing a different stat. The racers ascended and waited for the small balloon with a firecracker attached to it to rise. As soon as the firecracker went off the racers took off. Turquoise was hanging on for dear life as if she was not used to moving at this speed while Falkner looked like he was in his element as indicated by how calm he was.

“Keep your legs tightly wrapped around Hunchkrow’s torso,” Falkner said to Turquoise as she did so and managed to look better. As for Fluttershy she and Garchomp were keeping up with the pack thanks to Garchomp’s mach speed. The race continued for a good thirty minutes and many competitors were eliminated for either landing or breaking the no-attacking rule. The race was now down to ten racers, Turquoise and Falkner included. A small fenced-off area was coming into view and the racers landed in it since that was the rest area where the Pokemon can rest their wings and refuel since they now had ten more kilometers to go. Hunchkrow was really gulping down her food since she burned a lot of energy while Turquoise used this time to eat as well.

“I must say Turquoise, you and Hunchkrow are doing quite well for your first time,” Falkner said.

“Thanks, Falkner,” Turquoise said.

“I look forward to seeing which one of us wins this,” Falkner said. Thirty minutes later it was time to pick up where the race left off and this time seven competitors were eliminated since some of them could hardly stay airborne on account of their food being tampered with by the racer riding on a Fearow.

“Darn, I was hoping to have this race all locked by eliminating all of my competition,” The third racer said.

“Well, luckily my friend is a good breeder who knows how to prepare very good Pokemon food and I trust her recipes,” Turquoise said.

“And I only feed my Pokemon my own blend, “Falkner said.

“No matter this race belongs to old Quinten Trapper,” Quinten said before using a quick attack to break ahead of Turquoise and Fluttershy. Turquoise wanted to rush ahead and stop him until Falkner stopped her.

“Wait don’t you feel that?” Falkner asked.

“Feel what?” Turquoise asked.

“The humidity dropped by fourteen degrees and cumulonimbus clouds are beginning to form ahead,” Falkner said.

“Are you saying a storm is coming?” Turquoise asked.

“Exactly, guess the Pokemon god is also not a fan of Quinten's foul play,” Falkner said. Quinten and Fearow were about halfway to the finish line when suddenly some strong gusts of wind began to ruin their flight path.

“Where did these winds come from?” Quinten asked while he and Fearow tried to remain airborne. Suddenly a storm began to form and the first bolt of lightning struck Quinten which resulted in him and Fearow crashing to the ground where the other seven racers along with the officials were waiting.

“That’s him, that’s the one who poisoned our Pokemon,” One of the racers said.

“And what proof do you have that I did anything?” Quinten asked. Suddenly the racer who pointed his finger grabbed Quinten and pulled a vail full of poison powder out of Quinten’s pocket. The officials not only eliminated Quinten from the race but also banned him for life as punishment for poisoning the food supply at the rest area. As for the storm, it was beginning to clear up by the time Turquoise and Falkner passed by the area where Quinten landed.

“You were right, Arceus was mad and administered his own brand of divine punishment on those two,” Turquoise said.

“Now what say we finish this race,” Falkner said.

“Your on,” Turquoise said. The two of them were neck and neck with the finish line in sight. Both Hunchkrow and Pidgeot unleashed all they had for the home stretch and it looked like they cross the finish line at the same time.

“Let's get a photo finish on that,” The announcer said before a picture began to develop on screen. The photo finished developing and it revealed that Pidgeot won by a nose.

“And our winners by a nose are Falkner and Pidgeot, “The announcer said as Falkner soaked in the glory. Before the award ceremony, Turquoise asked about the other racer's Pokemon.

“Our medical staff was able to use the antidotes on hand to cure the poison, Luckily it worked, in the same way, poison status does in battle,” The official said to Turquoise’s relief. Garchomp landed and Fluttershy ran to Turquoise.

“So sorry you did not win Turquoise, “Fluttershy said apologetically.

“It's ok I had fun and look,” Turquoise said before showing the map on her Pokegear. The map showed that Pinecrest City and Olivine City were only a few days apart. “At this rate, we should be on Candina Island ahead of schedule. After the race of declared over and saying farewell to Falkner, the girls went to the Pokemon Center for some rest. Before Turquoise could rest she was told that Professor Oak was calling her. As soon as she got on the vidphone Professor Oak appeared on the screen.

“Good to see you Turquoise,” Professor Oak said.

“You to Professor,” Turquoise said.

“I’m calling because it's time for me to install a new update on your Pokedex,” Professor Oak said.

“Cool, what does it do?” Turquoise asked.

“It contains all the new information on the Pokemon from the Paldea region and I think you will find it quite useful,” Professor Oak said.

“So how do we do this?” Turquoise asked.

“Just put your Pokedex into that slot and I will upload the update on it,” Professor Oak said as Turquoise did. A few seconds later the update was loaded and the professor hung up. With that done the girls called it a night.


The next day Turquoise and Fluttershy were getting ready to set off when suddenly Turquoise’s egg looked ready to hatch. She quickly took the case off and watched as it kept glowing. As soon as the glowing stopped in the egg’s place was a small green cat-like creature who looked like it was napping before opening its magenta eyes and stretching.

“Aw you are the cutest thing ever,” Fluttershy said.

“Let’s see what you are,” Turquoise said before pulling out her Pokedex.

“Sprigatito, The Grass Cat Pokemon. The sweet scent its body gives off mesmerizes those around it. The scent grows stronger when this Pokémon is in the sun,” The Pokedex said.

“Looks like that update works,” Turquoise said before trying to pick up Sprigatito. Sprigatito backed away as if it was wary of Turquoise. “No need to be afraid Sprigatito I'm not going to hurt you. Turquoise reached her hand out and Sprigatito could tell she meant no harm and accepted her.

“Now that we have that settled time to hit the road,” Fluttershy said. Turquoise decided to carry Sprigatito in her arms for the duration of the walk to Olivine City.


Meanwhile back in Violet City Falkner returned safely.

“It sure was nice seeing Turquoise again and it was nice competing with her again, “Falkner said as he set his stat wings up on his wall.

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Espeon ♀ LV: 61 Moves: Psychic/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Hunchkrow ♀ LV: 45 Moves: Faint Attack/ Wing Attack/ Night Shade/Assurance
Meganium ♀ LV:47 Moves: Magical Leaf/Vine whip/Petal Dance/ Body Slam
Umbreon ♂ LV:42 Moves: Shadow ball/Quick attack/Dark Pulse/Snarl
Garchomp ♂ LV:48 Moves: Dragon Breath/Dig/Dragon Claw/Bulldoze
Sprigatito♀ LV:1 Moves: scratch/ Tail whip/ Leafage

Fluttershy's Team
Cinderace ♂ LV: 45 Moves: Flame Charge/ Pyro Ball/ Headbutt/ Double Kick
Ursaring ♂ LV:30 Moves: Hammer Arm/ Focus Blast/Slash/ Metal Claw

Turquoise: Badges:8 Ribbons:5

Sorry this one was short. coming up with new ideas can be quite challenging.