• Published 7th May 2021
  • 637 Views, 31 Comments

Pokémon Turquoise Johto Adventures - foxmaster



Just like the first one but in the Johto Region this time.

  • ...
6
 31
 637

Let The Pokeathlon Begin

Continuing on the road to Ecruteak City, Turquoise and Fluttershy decided to stop by a nearby Pokemon Center for some rest. Turquoise was busy working with her Eevee on his confidence in battle. Unfortunately, things were not going well.

“Come on if you’re going to be in a contest or gym battle with me you need to be able to fight,” Turquoise said.

“Try not to be so hard on Eevee you know he is still recovering from all that Magnus put him through,” Fluttershy said.

“I know but a pokemon who is afraid to battle is something no one has ever dealt with before,” Turquoise said.

“In my experience pokemon are just like us humans, They have feelings and emotions just like us,” Fluttershy said.

“So you’re saying all of this is because of Magnus’s inhuman methods of battling, is that right?” Turquoise asked.

“I’m sure of it,” Fluttershy said. Suddenly Turquoise knelt and looked at Eevee at eye level.

“Listen Eevee I don’t want to make a weapon out of you, Your fine the way you are. A trainer’s job is to know how to utilize the strengths and weaknesses of their pokemon. I know you still have a lot of pain to deal with but I know when the time comes you will find your courage,” Turquoise said hoping to ease some of Eevee’s pain. Eevee felt a little better but still had a timid disposition. As soon as it was time to set off Turquoise and Fluttershy recalled all of their pokemon and left. As soon as they left they noticed a bunch of trainers running towards somewhere.

“Where is everyone going?” Fluttershy asked one of the trainers.

“To the Pokeathlon Dome for the Pokeathlon,” The trainer said before returning to running. Turquoise was curious about it and decided she and Fluttershy should check it out. As soon as they reached the stadium Turquoise noticed a bunch of trainers lined up to enter. Before they could get in line someone spoke to them.

“Is this your first time entering ladies?” A man in his mid-fifties with white hair and muscles with a Poliwrath asked Turquoise and Fluttershy.

“It is,” Turquoise said.

“Well allow me to explain how it works,” the man said before continuing. “There are ten different events but only three of them are picked at random and you need three pokemon to enter.

“Guess that means I can’t enter since I only have two pokemon,” Fluttershy said before stepping out of line.

“One piece of advice I have is to pick the three pokemon you have that have the best stats suited for each event,” The man said before heading for a staircase that lead to a skybox. As soon as it was Turquoise’s turn she signed the form and decided to enter with her Espeon, Hunchkrow, and Eevee. She was then taken to a room in the back and measured before having to change into a red jersey with the number 38 on it.


With Fluttershy, she was now in the stands with her Cinderace and Ursaring ready to cheer Turquoise on. Soon the athletes entered the stadium and lined up with their pokemon. As soon as everyone was lined up the announcer for the games came up and took the mic.

“Welcome everyone to the forty-fifth annual Pokathlon,” The announcer said before continuing. “As usual we have some very promising trainers here today and they look raring to go so why don’t we get into our first event. A circle suddenly appeared on the jumbotron before a bunch of images in the circle began changing at high speed like a randomizer. A bit later the image stopped on what looked like a pokemon jumping a hurdle. “And it looks like the first event will be the hurdle dash. Turquoise was glad that this event was picked since her Espeon was perfect for it. The twenty teams were divided into five heats for this event with Turquoise being in heat three. Many of the other trainers had pokemon that were excelling greatly at this event like they had been training all their life for it. Now it was Turquoise’s turn to compete. Her opponents were a Yamper, Growlithe, and Mightyena. As soon as the flag was waved all four pokemon ran. Espeon was doing great with jumping the hurdles while the Yamper could not reach high enough on account of its stubby legs. The Growlithe was keeping up with the pack. Mightyena was neck and neck with Espeon. The finish line was approaching and Espeon made one final jump for it which thanks to her light body managed to beat Mightyena by a nose. As soon as the race was over it was time for the award ceremony. Turquoise and the other two trainers who made the top three were placed on the podium in the exact place they came in.

“Time to announce the results in the third heat,” The announcer by the podium said before continuing. “In third place with a time of three minutes twenty-five seconds is Jimmy and his Growlithe. Jimmy was awarded a bronze medal which was placed around his neck. “In second place with a time of two minutes nineteen seconds is Bella and her Mightyena. Bella was awarded a silver medal which was placed around her neck. “And finally in first place with an incredible time of two minutes eighteen seconds is Turquoise and her Espeon. The crowd went wild as Turquoise was awarded a gold medal which was placed around her neck. Turquoise returned to the waiting area and watched the last two heats. Some picked Pokemon unsuited for an event like this others picked decent pokemon for the event. Once the last heat was concluded there was a half-hour intermission to allow the trainers and their pokemon to rest. Turquoise was both nervous and excited for the next event. As soon as the intermission was over it was time to select the next event. With the exclusion of Hurdle Dash the randomizer went off again and this time stopped on an image of a pokemon catching a frisbee.

“And it looks like our next event will be the Disk Catch,” The announcer said before the center of the field began to change into a metal stage with point lines that read 1 2 3, and 5. “ Allow me to explain how this event works, the disk launcher will send some disks flying and your pokemon will earn points depending on where they catch it from, If your pokemon is sent out of bounds you will need to wait three seconds before getting back in. With the rules now covered the teams were once again divided into heats. Turquoise was now in heat four. While Turquoise was watching the first heat Bella approached her.

“You may have beaten me in the first event but you won’t beat me in this one,” Bella said before Turquoise had a nagging feeling she had seen her somewhere before.

“You look kind of familiar. Have we met somewhere before?” Turquoise asked.

“We most certainly have not Dorkette,” Bella said before she covered her mouth realizing she blew her cover.

“Isabelle, I should have known that was your Mightyena I was racing,” Turquoise said.

“You may have discovered who I am but you can’t do anything about it since I haven’t broken any rules yet,” Isabelle said. Turquoise was dumbstruck by how Isabelle slapped her with a technicality and figured maybe it was best to just let this one go. It was now time for the third heat which was Isabelle’s cue to head to the field. Isabelle’s pokemon for this event was Chris’s Metang. As soon as the event started The disks were sent flying. Metang remained to levitate over the five-point zone and caught disk after disk. Anytime one of the other pokemon would try and tackle it Metang would easily dodge like the exact end of a positive or negative charge. As soon as the time was up it was now time for the awards ceremony.

“And now it’s time for the awards for the third heat,” The announcer said. “In third place with a score of 32 points is Donna and her Hitmonlee. Donna was awarded a bronze medal that went around her neck. “In second place with a score of 38 points is Ken and his Dodrio. Ken was awarded a silver medal that went around his neck. “And finally in first place with a record-breaking score of 75 points is Bella and her Metang. Isabelle was awarded a gold medal that went around her neck. As soon as she returned to the back with the other athletes she looked at Turquoise smugly.

“Try and beat that Dorkette,” Isabelle said. Turquoise was determined to win this one and try and shatter Isabelle’s record. As for the other athletes that were in the third heat they tried to lounge a complaint that Isabelle cheated since it shouldn’t have been possible to score 75 points in the allotted time. Because of the severity of the accusation, the fourth heat was delayed so the officials could look back on the footage to investigate. They focused on Metang’s movements and did not see anything out of the ordinary until they spotted a thin light blue outline around the disks which was evidence of the move Psychic being used. This was a clear violation of the rules since this was meant to be a competition of physical stats alone.

“Will Bella please report to the judge’s table,” An announcement played which did not mean anything good as indicated by Isabelle’s angry expression. Isabelle approached the judges like it didn’t bother her since she needed to maintain her cover. She approached a table that had three people who were the judges for the games.

“You wanted to see me?” Isabelle asked.

“Yes we received some complaints about your victory at the Disk Catch and after reviewing the footage of the event we discovered you secretly had your Metang use Psychic to draw 85% of the disk to it,” One of the judges said before another took over.

“May we remind you that the use of pokemon moves is a direct violation of both the spirit and the actual rules of the games,” The second judge said.

“So for breaking the rules you are hereby disqualified from the rest of the Pokeathlon and your two medals are also confiscated,” The third judge said before ripping the two medals right off of Isabelle’s neck. Isabelle swore revenge before storming off. With that problem solved it was now time to resume the games. The fourth heat started and the other three pokemon were in it to win. Hunchkrow was fast and managed to score between five and three points each time. Once time was up it was now time for the award ceremony for the fourth heat.

“And now it’s time for the awards ceremony for our fourth heat,” The announcer said. “In third place with a score of 28 points is Victor and his Charmander. Victor was awarded a bronze medal that went around his neck. “In second place with a score of 34 points is Jack and his Luxio. Jack was awarded a silver medal that went around his neck. “And finally in first place with a score of 45 points is Turquoise and her Hunchkrow. Turquoise was awarded a gold medal that went around her neck. As soon as the final heat ended another intermission went into effect. Turquoise noticed her Hunchkrow and Espeon were tired after their events then kneeled to Eevee’s level.

“It’s all up to you now Eevee give it your all and no matter the outcome just have fun that’s all I can ask for,” Turquoise said. The intermission ended and it was now time to decide the third and final event. The randomizer went off again and this time stopped on a picture of a pokemon holding a flag.

“And our final event will be the Pennant Capture,” The announcer said before the Disk Catch course retracted and a few minutes later was replaced with a big sandbox with parasols in it and a bunch of red flags sticking out of the sand. “Here is how the event works, The object of the game is to collect the most flags, Each pokemon can carry a maximum number of nine flags per turn. This event uses three pokemon and each pokemon must deposit their flags at the starting line before tagging out. If you still have flags after the sixty seconds are up they will count towards your score. Turquoise was in the fifth heat for this event which was fortunate for her since it meant more time to rest. With Isabelle disqualified the first heat was a guaranteed medal for everyone in it. Turquoise observed how each trainer tackled the sandy terrain they had to deal with and found ways to handle it. Sometime later it was now Turquoise’s turn. She and her pokemon lined up ready to go with Eevee leading her off. As soon as the whistle was blown Eevee ran through the sand and snatched up five flags in his mouth. He grabbed four more on his way back to the starting line and tagged Espeon in. Espeon despite not being so nimble in the sandbox was about to snatch four flags before turning around and snatching four more. Before she could return to the starting line she got bumped by an Elekid which made her drop two of her flags and gave Elekid the chance to take them. Espeon returned with six flags and tagged Hunchkrow in who made quick work and snatched seven flags before flying back and tagging Eevee back in. the same motions kept going until time ran out. With the final heat now finished it was time for the awards ceremony.

“And now it’s time for the awards ceremony for the final heat of the Pennant Capture,” The announcer said before continuing. “In third place with a total of 25 flags is Jimmy. Jimmy was awarded a bronze medal that went around his neck. “In second place with a total of 29 flags is Ken. Ken was awarded a silver medal that went around his neck. “And finally in first place with a total of 35 flags is Turquoise. Turquoise was awarded a gold medal that went around her neck. “That concludes this year’s Pokeathlon folks see all of you next year. Before everyone could rejoice at the moment a giant mech that looked like a giant Poliwrath with a championship belt that had the team supernova logo on it landed in the stadium.

“What is the meaning of this?” The announcer asked.

“Hahahaha I told you I would get my revenge,” Isabelle said through the mech’s mic.

“Now let’s get to it,” Chris said before activating the suction on the belt that began sucking in everyone’s pokemon.

“You won’t win this time, Eevee use Shadowball. Eevee unleashed his Shadowball only for the Poliwrath mech to swat it away like it was just an insignificant fly.

“What was that?” Isabelle said while laughing in a ridiculing tone.

“Don’t be discouraged Eevee you did your best,” Turquoise said. Just when things were looking hopeless for everyone a familiar voice was heard.

“Lucario use Aura Sphere. An Aura sphere was suddenly launched into the suction and caused the giant Poliwrath to explode thus sending Team supernova flying and everyone’s pokemon safe and sound. Suddenly Fluttershy and someone Turquoise was not expecting walked up to Turquoise.

“Mom? what are you doing here and with my Lucario?” Turquoise asked.

“You know how much I just love the Pokeathlon so I came here to see it in person and Lucario wanted to come with me,” Turquoise’s mom said.

“I’m glad you did,” Turquoise said.

“How have you been,” Turquoise’s mom asked. “Have you made any new friends? Have you been remembering to eat right? Have you been? Turquoise cut her off there.

“Yes mom I remembered to eat, I made a new friend or two and I remembered to take care of myself,” Turquoise said before her mom could ramble on forever.

“Good to hear,” Turquoise’s mom said. Sometime later everyone went to the Pokemon center to heal their pokemon. As for Fluttershy, she was busy preparing a special treat for Hunchkrow, Espeon, and Eevee. While everyone was busy Turquoise and her mom had time to catch up.

“So what brings you here?” Turquoise asked.

“I saw your last contest on TV and I can tell your skills are lacking,” Turquoise’s mom said.

“How did you know?” Turquoise asked.

“Did you already forget we have PCN on our cable package back home?” Turquoise’s mom asked.

“Oh yeah I almost forgot about that,” Turquoise said.

“Anyway your pokemon from back home wanted to join in,” Turquoise’s mom said. “I know you wanted to do what Ash did and start over with just Espeon and what you catch here but with what I saw you only made it through by sheer luck and I predict if you don’t improve soon you will not make it to the battle round in the next contest.

“I appreciate the insight but this isn’t about winning or losing it’s about trying to break down the boundaries of who I was and becoming stronger so I will be able to beat Prima and the rest of the Elite Four,” Turquoise said.

“She mentioned how you lacked patients, Tell me have you figured out what she meant yet?” Turquoise’s mom asked.

“To be honest I’m still lost I battle the same way I always had and so far nothing has changed,” Turquoise said.

“You will figure it out soon but for now Lucario and I must return to Goldenrod to catch the train back home,” Turquoise’s mom said before leaving with Lucario. Suddenly Fluttershy along with her Cinderace came out with bowls of Pokemon food.

“To the champions, I present my special Pokemon food,” Fluttershy said while setting the bowls down. The night went on and as soon as bedtime rolled around Turquoise began thinking about everything she was told.


The next day Turquoise and Fluttershy continued on the road to Ecruteak City. Who knows what excitement awaits them as the journey continues.

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Espeon ♀ LV: 60 Moves: Psychic/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Hunchkrow ♀ LV: 40 Moves: Faint Attack/ Wing Attack/ Night Shade/Assurance
Meganium ♀ LV:32 Moves: Magical Leaf/Vine whip/Petal Dance/ Poison Powder
Vespiquen ♀ LV:25 Moves: Pin Missile/ Fell Stinger/ Slash/ Sweet Scent
Eevee ♂ LV:30 Moves: Shadow ball/Quick attack/Swift/Copycat

Fluttershy's Team
Cinderace ♂ LV: 45 Moves: Flame Charge/ Pyro Ball/ Headbutt/ Double Kick
Ursaring ♂ LV:30 Moves: Hammer Arm/ Focus Blast/Slash/ Metal Claw

Isabelle's Team
Mightyena ♂ LV:35 Moves: Assurance/ Howl/ Snarl/ Thunder Fang
Silicobra ♂ Lv:35 Moves: Sandstorm/ Dig/ Bulldoze/ Brutal Swing

Chris's Team
Houndoom ♂ LV:35 Moves: Fire Fang/ Howl/ Smog/ Faint Attack
Metang LV:35 Moves: Take Down/Psychic/Metal Claw/Bullet Punch

Turquoise: Badges:3 Ribbons:2

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter