• Published 7th May 2021
  • 637 Views, 31 Comments

Pokémon Turquoise Johto Adventures - foxmaster



Just like the first one but in the Johto Region this time.

  • ...
6
 31
 637

Destiny Awaits

The girls arrived in Ecruteak City again and stopped by a tea shop to relax before the contest tomorrow.

“So Turquoise who do you plan to use for the contest?” Fluttershy asked.

“I decided to use Umbreon for the battle round but as for the appeals round I'm not entirely sure yet,” Turquoise said.

“No need to rush and remember you also have your other pokemon back in Kanto,” Fluttershy said.

“I know that,” Turquoise said. Suddenly she had an idea. “Let’s head to the Pokemon center I got a call to make. With that Turquoise and Fluttershy left for the pokemon center. As soon as they got there Turquoise wasted no time calling Professor Oak.

“Hi Turquoise how is your journey going so far?” Professor Oak asked.

“Pretty good,” Turquoise said while showing him her badges and ribbons.

“Impressive,” Professor Oak said.

“Anyway, I called because I need you to send me my Goodra,” Turquoise said.

“A good choice and you will be happy to know Goodra learned a new move yesterday,” Professor Oak said. “Since you already have a full party who will you be sending over?

“My Gabite,” Turquoise said.

“Gotcha,” Professor Oak said before getting Goodra ready for transport. Turquoise placed Gabite’s Pokeball on the tray before it was zapped away and replaced with Goodra’s Pokeball.

“Goodra arrived on my end,” Turquoise said.

“And Gabite arrived safely on my end,” Professor Oak said before wishing Turquoise good luck on her contest and ending the call. With her Goodra now safely with her, it was time for some training before tomorrow’s contest.

“Goodra come on out,” Turquoise said as she called out Goodra who suddenly hugged and smothered her indicating he was happy to see her again. “It's so nice to see you too. After taking her jacket off she pulled out her Pokedex and scanned Goodra. She was surprised that Goodra learned Ice Beam. “This is perfect now let's begin practicing.

“Long time no see Turquoise,” A familiar voice that was relieved to be Selena said.

“Selena good to see you again,” Turquoise said.

“What happened to your jacket?” Selena asked.

“Fluttershy is washing Goodra’s mucus out of it,” Turquoise said referring to her Goodra.

“Since when did you have a Goodra?” Selena asked.

“Since my last journey,” Turquoise said before realizing she didn’t use Goodra during the Kanto Grand Festival so Selena never met him until now.

“In any case, I hope to see you in the battle stage this time,” Selena said before leaving. As for Turquoise she and Goodra began practicing their routine til dinner time.


The next day after registering for the contest turquoise was in the back with the other coordinators waiting for Julian to appear on the screen. A bit later Julian appeared on stage which meant it was almost showtime.

“Welcome everyone to today’s contest here in the Historical Ecruteak City. I am your always energetic MC Julian and here are the judges,” Julian said before shifting everyone’s focus to the judges. “First up from the Pokemon activities Committee Mr.Contesta.

“A pleasure as always,” Contesta said.

“Next up the head of the Pokemon Fan Club Mr. Sukizo,” Julian said.

“Remarkable,” Sukizo said.

“And finally Ecruteak City’s own Nurse Joy.

“I can’t wait to see what these coordinators have planned for us today,” Nurse Joy said while smiling.

“And now without further ado let the contest begin,” Julian said. Many skilled coordinators went on one by one until it was now Selena’s turn. “And now for our next Contestant Selena. Selena entered and pulled out her Pokeball.

“Gourgeist take the stage,” Selena said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a black cloud of smoke that a squash-shaped creature with the face of a jack-o-lantern appeared out of. Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex for info.

“Gourgeist, The Pumpkin Pokemon, In the darkness of a new-moon night, Gourgeist will come knocking. Whoever answers the door will be swept off to the afterlife,” The Pokedex said.

“ Gourgeist start with Mystical Fire. Gourgeist suddenly conjured up small flames that encircled it. “ Now use gyroball. Gourgeist spun around at high speed which turned the Mystical Fire into an orange cyclone that made a striking contrast to Gourgeist’s colors.

“Now that was quite the performance, your thoughts judges?” Julian asked.

“The ways she turned those flames into a lovely cyclone was genius,” Contesta said.

“Remarkable,” Sukizu said.

“Suddenly it feels like fall here in Ecruteak,” Nurse joy said. Selena returned backstage and noticed how Turquoise was impressed with her performance.

“Time for you to show me how you improved since the last time,” Selena said.

“Don’t worry I will not fail this time,” Turquoise said before walking out towards the stage.

“And now our next contestant from Pallet Town in the Kanto Region give it up for Turquoise,” Julian said before Turquoise took her pose.

“Goodra let's dazzle them,” Turquoise said before throwing her Pokeball into the air before it popped open and unleashed a bunch of pink bubbles with Goodra in the center of them as he landed on the stage. “Start with Muddy Water. Goodra released his Muddy Water but instead of the usual tidal wave, it formed a pillar that lifted Goodra up into the air before he leaped higher. “Now use Ice Beam on that pillar. Goodra unleashed Ice Beam and managed to turn the brown pillar of water into a solid body of water. “Now wrap this up with Thunder Punch. Goodra punch through the icy mud pillar with a thunder punch which created a sparkling contrast that exploded onto the field as soon as it made contact with the ground.

“Now that truly was a dazzling performance, wouldn't you agree judges?” Julian asked.

“The way Goodra demonstrated control over that Muddy Water in a unique way was very impressive and creative,” Contesta said.

“Very remarkable,” Sukizo said.

“It was like watching a karate master in action,” Nurse Joy said. As soon as Turquoise returned backstage Selena looked impressed.

“How long were you hiding that amazing combo from everyone?” Selena asked.

“I wasn't, That was completely brand new,” Turquoise said.

“You just came up with it? You truly have regained your skill,” Selena said. Before the conversation could continue Julian appeared on the screen.

“Sorry for the wait and now after some careful deliberation here is the eight coordinators moving on to the second round,” Julian said before eight profile pics appeared with Turquoise in first and Selena in second. Turquoise was surprised to see she beat Selena in the appeals round. The pics were shuffled before forming the bracket which luckily kept Turquoise and Selena in separate blocks. Both girls thought through the battle round hard until it was now down to the two of them. “ And now we are down to our final two coordinators, on my left is Selena and on my right is Turquoise, Five minutes on the clock, Go.

“Umbreon let's dazzle them,” Turquoise said as she threw her Pokeball which unleashed a cloud of black smoke that Umbreon came out of before landing on the stage.

“Quilava take the stage,” Selena said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed some orange flames which Quilava was in the center of as she spun before landing.

“Umbreon use Shadow Ball. Umbreon unleashed his Shadow Ball which was heading towards Quilava.

“Quilava use Substitute. Quilava did something and a few seconds later it looked like shadow Ball nailed its mark until Quilava vanished and appeared from above as Turquoise’s points dropped slightly.

Turquoise: 90%

“Nice opening now let us show you ours, Quilava use Will-O-Wisp. Quilava summoned some orange wisps of fire before sending them flying towards Umbreon.

“Umbreon use Dark Pulse while spinning. Umbreon began spinning around on his back while using Dark Pulse which not only stopped the wisps but knocked Quilava around in the air before it could touch the ground. Selena recognized this move as a counter shield.

“And that impressive Dark Pulse Counter Shield just cost Selena a truckload of points,” Julian said as Selena’s points went down.

Selena: 70%

“Not bad you even learned how to use the counter shield technique but we are not done yet, Quilava use Flame Wheel. Qilava began running fast before turning into a flaming wheel.

“Umbreon use Dark Pulse. Umbreon unleashed another Dark Pulse which Selena was waiting for.

“Now Quilava use Flamethrower to form our counter shield. Quilava did the same thing as Turquoise but instead used it to knock away the dark rings before nailing Umbreon for some great damage and points close to the three-minute mark.

Turquoise: 60%

“You're not the only one who knows how to use a counter shield,” Selena said.

“I will admit you got me but we are not out yet, Umbreon use Shadow Ball while rotating. Umbreon unleashed his Shadow Ball which had some spin to it thanks to the midair turning motion Umbreon did.

“Interesting twist but we won’t lose to that, Quilava use Flamethrower. Quilava unleashed her Flamethrower which pushed against the Shadow Ball which did not budge thanks to the spinning motion.

“Umbreon use Dark Pulse and aim for the Shadow Ball. Umbreon unleashed his third Dark Pulse which combined with the Shadow Ball creating what looked like a black atom. Suddenly the atom absorbed the Flamethrower before heading towards Quilava and exploding thus creating a flashy finish with Quilava fainted.

“And with that explosive finish the winner of this contest is Turquoise,” Julian said as Turquoise’s picture appeared on the monitor. Sometime later everyone gathered to see Turquoise accept her ribbon. “And now Mr. Contesta will present Turquoise with the Ecruteak Ribbon.

“You certainly earned this one young lady,” Contesta said while presenting the ribbon to Turquoise.

“Thank you,” Turquoise said before celebrating with her Goodra and Umbreon. After changing back into her street clothes and exiting the backstage area Selena was waiting for her.

“You must tell me where did you learn those techniques and that amazing finishing move?” Selena asked.

“From Rarity, while we were practicing for the Wallace Cup we had a practice match and she showed me the counter shield,” Turquoise explained before moving on. “As for that finishing move that was something Umbreon and I been working on for a while now so today was the day we perfected it.

“Well either way keep this up and we will see each other at the grand Festival in no time,” Selena said. Suddenly the Rainbow Wing on Turquoise’s pendant began to glow and before she could ask what was happening Morty showed up just in time to explain.

“Good your still here,” Morty said.

“What is happening Morty?” Turquoise asked.

“Ho-oh is coming as indicated by your Rainbow Wing’s glow,” Morty said.

“What do I do?” Turquoise asked.

“You must go to the top of the Tin Tower where ho-oh will be perched,” Morty said.

“How long until Ho-oh arrives?” Fluttershy asked.

“I would say sometime tomorrow,” Morty said.

“I get the feeling I'm not needed here so I'll just go now, Good luck on earning that fifth ribbon,” Selena said before leaving only for Morty to stop her.

“Please stay, this is a once-in-a-lifetime event, you would be a fool not to witness it,” Morty said.

“Are you sure it's ok?” Selena asked.

“For one of Turquoise’s friends, it is,” Morty said. Little did everyone know a certain trio of villains was listening in on the conversation.

“This could be our big chance to capture a legendary pokemon,” Chris said.

“Think of how the bosses would act when we bring them Ho-oh,” Isabelle said only for Meowth to unleash his fury swipes on them.

“Don’t be foolish you two we are talking about a legendary pokemon, You can’t just nab it all on your own we need all hands for this one,” Meowth said before using a communicator to reach Jessie and James.


Meanwhile in the boss's office of the Jhoto HQ of Team Supernova James was doing some paperwork while Jessie was away on her own personal business which essentially was just shopping. Suddenly the intercom on the desk buzzed.

“What is it, Ms. Hyuuga?” James asked.

“You have an incoming call from Ecruteak City on the Supernova agent line sir,” Ms. Hyuuga said.

“Put it through,” James said. Suddenly a holo screen with Meowth, Isabelle, and Chris appeared in front of James.

“We have something big to report James,” Meowth said.

“Let's hear it,” James said.

“We just overheard Morty and the Dorkettes talking about Ho-oh and how it will be landing on the top of the Tin Tower sometime tomorrow,” Chris said.

“Did you say Ho-oh?” James asked with Poke Signs in his eyes.

“We did and we request back up for this one,” Isabelle said.

“You are in luck everyone has finished their missions and will be ready to head out first thing in the morning,” James said.

“Don’t you worry sir we won’t fail you,” Chris said before ending the call. Just then Jessie arrived with her personal secretary carrying all of her bags.

“Did I miss anything?” Jessie asked.

“Just the biggest score Isabelle and Chris reported,” James said before filling her in on the plan to mobilize everyone to capture Ho-oh.

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Espeon ♀ LV: 61 Moves: Psychic/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Hunchkrow ♀ LV: 45 Moves: Faint Attack/ Wing Attack/ Night Shade/Assurance
Meganium ♀ LV:47 Moves: Magical Leaf/Vine whip/Petal Dance/ Body Slam
Vespiquen ♀ LV:40 Moves: Pin Missile/ Air Slash/ Slash/ Power Gem
Umbreon ♂ LV:42 Moves: Shadow ball/Quick attack/Dark Pulse/Snarl
Goodra ♂ LV: 60 Moves: Thunder Punch/ Muddy Water/ Rain Dance/ Ice Beam

Selena's Team
Alolan Ninetales ♀ LV: 60 Moves: Hail/ Aurora Veil/ Ice Beam/ Dazzling Gleam
Emolga ♀ LV:35 Moves: Charge/ Shockwave/ Encore/ Acrobatics
Alolan Raichu ♂ LV:60 Moves: Electric Terrain/ Double Team/ Psychic/ Thunderbolt
Quilava ♀ LV:30 Moves: Flame wheel/Flamethrower/Quick Attack/Will-O-Wisp
Gourgeist ♀ LV:36 Moves: Mystical Fire/ Gyro ball/ Trick-O-Treat/ Seed Bomb

Turquoise: Badges:6 Ribbons:4

Hope everyone is excited for the arrival of Ho-oh