• Published 7th May 2021
  • 638 Views, 31 Comments

Pokémon Turquoise Johto Adventures - foxmaster



Just like the first one but in the Johto Region this time.

  • ...
6
 31
 638

Galena Acquired

Turquoise and Fluttershy made it into the next town called Galena Town, a town with buildings that shined like freshly cleaned glass. As soon as they entered Turquoise saw a flyer for a pokemon contest that was today.

“ What great luck,” Turquoise said before she ran for the contest hall with Fluttershy trying to keep up with her.

“ Wait up,” Fluttershy shouted as loud as she could while running. As soon as Turquoise and Fluttershy arrived Turquoise hit a small snag at the front desk.

“ I’m sorry miss but you need a Johto contest pass to compete in contests here in Johto,” The lady said.

“ Do you know where I can go to get one?” Turquoise asked.

“ I can issue one right here just give me your Pokedex,” The lady said before Turquoise handed her her Pokedex. After a few seconds, Turquoise was handed a pink pass along with some complementary seals and ball capsules. Turquoise noticed that these were some new seals she has never seen before. Turquoise had some time before the contest and decided to do a little training with her Chikorita. They perfected their routine from the forest and as soon as it was done Turquoise decided to give Chikorita some rest before the contest.

“ So who are you planning to use?” Fluttershy asked.

“I’m going to use Chikorita for the appeals stage and as for the battle stage, I’m using Espeon since she has the most experience and is my strongest Pokemon currently,” Turquoise said. As Turquoise was talking a familiar voice spoke.

“ Long time no see Turquoise,” A familiar voice which revealed to be Selena said.

“ I was wondering when we would run into each other again,” Turquoise said before Selena looked at Chikorita curiously.

“ I’m guessing this Chikorita belongs to you?” Selena asked.

“ She does and no she is not up for trade,” Turquoise said in the event Selena asked.

“ I learned my lesson I’m just curious because I haven’t seen one in person before,” Selena said. Before they could keep talking it was almost time for the contest so they left for the backstage area to get dressed. As soon as they were backstage Turquoise went into the changing room and later came out wearing a blue and green dress with a peacock feather pattern on it with blue heels and a green choker. She then styled her hair into a single ponytail tied by a blue bow. A few minutes later a woman with curly orange hair wearing a matching kimono walked onto the stage before the cameras and lights were focused on her.

“ Welcome everyone to the start of another contest season here in the Johto Region and what better place to begin than in the always lustrous Galena Town,” The woman said while doing a graceful spin. “ For those of you new here I’m your host Julian and I am the official Mc for the contests here in the Johto Region. And now let’s introduce the judges. First up from the Pokemon activities Committee Mr.Contesta.

“ Always a pleasure to be here,” Contesta said.

“ Next up the head of the Pokemon Fan Club Mr. Sukizo,” Julian said.

“ Remarkable as always,” Sukizo said.

“ And Finally Galena Town’s own Nurse Joy,” Julian said while pointing at Nurse Joy.

“ Always great to be here,” Nurse Joy said.

“ And now let the contest commence,” Julian said while spinning off the stage gracefully. Many skilled coordinators went up one after the other all in top form. “ And now our next contestant all the way from the Sinnoh Region making her debut in Johto is Selena. The crowd went wild as Selena made her pose.

“ Ninetails take the stage,” Selena said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a bunch of snowflakes that later formed a whole bigger snowflake that burst with Alolan Ninetails coming out of it with a glistening coat. “ Ninetails use Ice Beam on the stage. Ninetails leaped into the air and unleashed her ice beam which covered the whole stage in ice while erecting five ice pillars with Ninetail landing in the center of them. “ Now use Dazzling Gleam. Ninetails unleashed her dazzling gleam which was absorbed by the pillars and then focused into five beams of light that made Ninetail’s coat glow with a pink shine.

“ And Selena finishing with a very dazzling performance,” Julian said before the judge gave their input.

“ A very beautiful way to show off both of Alolan Ninetail’s Ice and Fairy-type characteristics,” Contesta said.

“ Remarkable,” Sukizo said.

“ I can tell they put a lot of thought and work into that performance,” Nurse Joy said. As soon as Selena returned backstage it was now Turquoise’s turn which made her slightly nervous since she didn’t have her A team with her for this one.

“ And now for our final contestant all the way from Pallet Town in the Kanto region its Turquoise,” Julian said as the crowd erupted with cheers.

“ Chikorita let’s dazzle them,” Turquoise said while throwing her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a bunch of pink cheery blossoms which surrounded Chikorita and then rained down on her as soon as she landed. “ Chikorita use Razor Leaf. Chikorita unleashed her Razor Leaf in a spiral pattern just like they practiced. “ Now leaped through the spiral and use poison powder. Chikorita leaped through the spiral while creating a trail of Poison Powder behind her which made her look majestic.

“ Now that was a great performance,” Julian said.

“ A very unique way to show off Chikorita,” Contesta said.

“ Remarkable,” Sukizo said.

“ That sure was a very unique way to use Razor Leaf,” Nurse Joy said. Turquoise returned backstage and was greeted by Selena who did not look too impressed.

“ What was that performance? That was nothing like any of the ones that won you the grand festival back in Kanto,” Selena said.

“ I know but I’m trying to make do with what I got since I decided to start with just my Espeon,” Turquoise said before Julian appeared on the monitor.

“ Sorry for the wait without further ado here is the eight coordinators moving on to the next round,” Julian said as each one appeared one by one with Selena in first and Turquoise in eighth. The eight cards were shuffled and the pairings were decided. Turquoise and Selena thought their way through each battle until it was just the two of them. “ And now we have reached the final round. On my left is Selena and on my right is Turquoise. Five minutes on the clock. Go.

“ Espeon let’s dazzle them,” Turquoise said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a cloud of white smoke that Espeon appeared out of before landing gracefully on stage.

“ Emolga take the stage,” Selena said while throwing her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a black and white flying squirrel with a yellow cape-like membrane that kept it airborne. The squirrel was surrounded by green lightning bolts which after doing a barrel roll dispursed them. Turquoise wanted to lookup more about Selena’s new pokemon but she left her Pokedex in her backpack.

“ Emolga use Charge. Emolga began to build up electricity in itself thus causing its body to be covered in yellow electricity which cost Turquoise some points based on how dazzling Emolga looked.

Turquoise: 90%

“ Espeon use Swift while Spinning. Espeon did a mid-air spin while using Swift thus creating a swift tornado that encased Emolga and cost Selena some points.

Selena: 80%

“ Is that the best you got? I saw you do that countless times. try something new for once. Emolga use Shockwave. Emolga unleashed a powerful shockwave that not only neutralized the swift vortex but also made Emolga look more dazzling.

“ And that amazing shockwave just cost Turquoise a truckload of points,” Julian said as Turquoise’s points dropped greatly at the four-minute mark.

Turquoise: 50%

“ Now use Encore. Emolga generated a ball of light before throwing it at Espeon. Suddenly the ball of light was reflected by Magic Bounce and sent back to Emolga who was now covered in white energy.

“ I will admit you have certainly gotten stronger and more cunning. If that encore succeeded I would have been forced to repeat swift over and over again but you forgot about my Espeon’s Hidden Ability.

“ And that just cost Selena more points,” Julian said as Selena’s points went down to exactly where Turquoise’s were thus evening the score.

Selena: 50%

“ That won’t stop us. Emolga use shockwave. Emolga unleashed its Shockwave which surrounded itself which Turquoise was expecting.

“ Espeon use Psychic on that shockwave. Espeon’s eyes glowed blue as the shockwave fell under her control and zapped Emolga for enough damage to finish her which caused the judges to hit their buzzers.

“ And with that impressive finish the winner of the galena ribbon is Turquoise,” Julian said as Turquoise’s image appeared on the jumbotron.

“ You were lovely out there Emolga now rest,” Selena said before recalling Emolga.

“ Hey it was a pretty close match,” Turquoise said as she and Selena shook on a well-thought battle. After the sign of sportsmanship ended it was time for the award ceremony.

“ And now Mr. Contesta shall award Turquoise with the Galena ribbon,” Julian said.

“ You certainly earned this one,” Contesta said as Turquoise accepted her ribbon. After changing back into her casual outfit Turquoise reunited with Fluttershy who was glad for Turquoise winning her first ribbon. Just as they were leaving Selena was waiting for them.

“ You may have won this contest but head my advice. Work on some new material because the coordinators here are much stronger than the ones in Kanto. If I could easily break out of that Swift Vortex then they will as well,” Selena said.

“ Your right I do need some new combinations there is no argument there,” Turquoise said. “ But so far all I have is my Espeon, Murkrow, and Chikorita.

“ What about your other Pokemon from back home?” Fluttershy asked.

“ I remembered how Ash the Viridian City Gym Leader would always start a new journey with just his partner Pikachu by his side. Likewise, I want to do the same with my partner Espeon who was always by my side through thick and thin,” Turquoise said.

“ Then try working with what you catch here. I can tell your Chikorita has more in her than just that humdrum performance she gave today,” Selena said. After their brief exchange, Turquoise and Fluttershy returned to the Pokemon center for the night.

To be continued

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Espeon ♀ LV: 60 Moves: Psychic/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Murkrow ♀ LV: 35 Moves: Faint Attack/ Wing Attack/ Night Shade/Assurance
Chikorita ♀ LV:9 Moves: Tackle/Vine whip/Razor Leaf/ Poison Powder

Fluttershy's Team
Cinderace ♂ LV: 45 Moves: Flame Charge/ Pyro Ball/ Headbutt/ Double Kick
Ursaring ♂ LV:30 Moves: Hammer Arm/ Focus Blast/Slash/ Metal Claw

Selena's Team
Alolan Ninetales ♀ LV: 60 Moves: Hail/ Aurora Veil/ Ice Beam/ Dazzling Gleam
Emolga ♀ LV:35 Moves: Charge/ Shockwave/ Encore/ Acrobatics

Turquoise: Badges:1 Ribbons:1

Sorry for the wait everyone it took me a while to come up with the idea for the mc Julian since they never mentioned who hosted the contests held in the Johto Region. As for her outfit since Johto is the most Japanese culture-inspired region out of the first four regions I decided to have her wear a kimono to keep with the theme.