• Published 7th May 2021
  • 637 Views, 31 Comments

Pokémon Turquoise Johto Adventures - foxmaster



Just like the first one but in the Johto Region this time.

  • ...
6
 31
 637

Paldean Holiday

The girls continued on the road to Blackthorn City where Turquoise’s final gym badge was when they suddenly arrived in a new town that was in the process of setting up for a big festival. The girls found someone who was helping with the decor and decided to ask them about it.

“Excuse me sir but what’s with the decorations?” Turquoise asked.

“You girls must not be from around here,” The guy said before continuing. “Tomorrow is the Paldea Cultural Festival.

“Paldea Cultural Festival?” Fluttershy asked.

“It's where we celebrate the culture of the Paldea region, I even heard there is going to be a big battle tournament with a special prize,” The guy said which got Turquoise interested. The girls decided to head to the pokemon center first since the long walk through the forest took a lot out of them. Before they could relax nurse joy approached them.

“Is one of you Turquoise?” Nurse Joy asked.

“I am,” Turquoise said.

“You have a phone call from Professor Oak,” Nurse Joy said before showing Turquoise to the phone. As soon as Turquoise picked up Professor Oak appeared on the screen.

“Turquoise so good to see you. How is your journey going so far?” Professor Oak asked.

“Pretty good I already have seven gym badges and four ribbons,” Turquoise said.

“That’s wonderful,” Professor Oak said before getting to why he called. “Now as to why I’m calling. We have a bit of a situation at the lab. A swarm of Combee has decided to make their hive in one of the forest areas on the habitat but they seem to be at each other’s throats so much that they haven't even started yet. And then there is the Beedrill which already has a claim to that area. What I’m asking is can I borrow your Vespiquen to help solve this problem?

“Sure no problem,” Turquoise said before setting Vespiquen’s Pokeball on the tray where it was sent through the transporter and to professor Oak’s end.

“Vespiquen arrived safely on my end,” Professor Oak said.

“I hope she can help with your situation,” Turquoise said before hanging up. With the call now over the girls decided to rest while they waited for everyone to finish setting up.


The next day everything was set up and a lot of people were in attendance including some kids around Turquoise’s age who were wearing school uniforms with either orange shorts or purple shorts. Another thing that was noticeable was all the sandwiches that were being served at the food stalls.

“Subs must be very popular in Paldea,” Fluttershy said.

“Want to try some and see why?” Turquoise asked.

“Of course,” Fluttershy said. The girls got some sandwiches and tried them.

“This fruit one is really sweet,” Fluttershy said giving her critique on it.

“You should try this meat one,” The Hamburg steaks were grilled to perfection,” Turquoise said.

“By the way have you noticed all the kids in school uniforms?” Fluttershy asked.

“I have,” Turquoise said. As they kept looking around they noticed these kids were not guests at the festival but rather volunteers who were helping out to educate everyone on the Paldea Region. Little did the girls know Isabelle and Chris along with Meowth were sitting at a nearby table listening in.

“Those dorkettes are going to pay for ruining our operation,” Isabelle said seething with rage.

“Pay big time,” Chris said.

“Now hold on you two Jessie and James gave us specific instructions to wait while they send someone to come pick us up and bring us to our Hoenn Base,” Meowth said.

“We know but we want revenge on them,” Isabelle said.

“Then why don’t we just enter the battle tournament and beat them there?” Meowth said.

“Because we only have two pokemon each and the rules say you need three to enter,” Chris said. Just then a pair of Dustox appeared obviously attracted to the smell of the sandwiches they were eating. One was shiny and the other was regular.

“Wait a minute I know one of you, you used to be Jessie’s Dustox,” Meowth said with the normal one nodding yes. Isabelle and Chris acted right in the middle of the reunion and successfully caught them with Chris claiming the shiny one and Isabelle claiming Jessie’s former Dustox.

“Now we can seek vengeance before heading for Hoenn,” Isabelle said. Sometime later registration for the battle tournament concluded and Turquoise was registered along with Isabelle and Chris who both entered under false names to conceal their true identities. Once all the trainers competing were in the stadium the mc began speaking.

“I would like to welcome everyone to our festival’s main attraction, the battle Tournament, and this year we have a special prize,” The Mc said before a special pokemon egg that was light green with an ivy green leaf pattern on it was displayed on the jumbotron. “Sixteen trainers have entered but only one will be walking away with the egg, so without further ado let's set the bracket. The Mc slammed a button which shuffled the various pictures of the sixteen contestants before each being placed in one of the sixteen spaces. Turquoise was in the third match against Isabelle who went by the name Belladonna. The two trainers for the first match of the first round remained while everyone else was taken to the waiting area to watch the match on the tv inside. The first two rounds went by fast, and it was time for Turquoise’s match.

“And now for our third match, First up we have Turquoise,” The Mc said before turquoise took her position on the battlefield. “Facing her will be Belladonna. Isabelle walked in and looked at Turquoise with a look of disdain.

“If both trainers are ready call out your pokemon,” The ref said.

“Dustox go,” Isabelle said as she called out her Dustox. Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex since this was her first time seeing a Dustox.

“Dustox, the poison Moth Pokemon, It violently flutters its wings to scatter toxic dust when attacked. It becomes active after sunset,” The Pokedex said. Luckily for Turquoise, she registered the perfect pokemon for this battle.

“Go Espeon,” Turquoise said as she called out Espeon.

“Battle start,” The Ref said.

“Dustox use Quiver Dance. Dustox suddenly spun around as a multi-colored aura surrounded it which meant some stats were raised. “ Now use Bug Buzz. Dustox flaps her wings violently which produced a very loud soundwave that really affected Espeon.

“Stay strong and use Morning Sun. Espeon managed to withstand the sound and used Morning Sun to heal herself. “Now use Psychic. Espeon’s eyes glowed blue before Dustox was covered in a thin light blue field of psychic energy that slammed her on the ground and resulted in a critical hit that knocked her out.

“Dustox is unable to battle, Espeon is the winner which means victory goes to Turquoise,” The ref said while pointing his right flag at Turquoise.

“No fair that should have been an instant knockout,” Isabelle whined before leaving. The rest of the battles went by smoothly until the remaining eight were selected. The bracket was now updated and Turquoise’s next opponent was Someone she hasn't seen in a while.

“Looks like we meet again Loki,” Turquoise said. The first match went by fast and now it was time for the second which was between Turquoise and Loki. They both entered the battlefield and exchanged looks before the ref had them call out their pokemon for this round.

“Glalie let's go,” Loki said as he called out his Glalie who looked ready to go.

“Go Umbreon,” Turquoise said as she called out Umbreon.

“Battle start,” The Ref said.

“Glalie use Hail. Glalie sent a white orb into the sky which summoned a hailstorm. “Now use Frost Breath. Glalie then breathed very cold air at Umbreon but it did not faze him or Turquoise.

“Umbreon use Shadow Ball. Umbreon fired a shadow ball expecting it to easily break through Frost breath only to see a look in Loki’s eye that he was up to something.

“Glalie use Double Team. Glalie split into multiple copies before one got nailed by Shadow ball and vanished. “Now use Ice Beam from all directions. Glalie fired multiple Ice Beams which managed to hit Umbreon from all directions.

“Umbreon use Dark Pulse while spinning. Umbreon managed to create a Dark Pulse counter shield which managed to dispel the copies along with hitting the real Glalie for some good damage but not enough to knock him out.

“Good thing Glalie has the Ice Body ability or that would have been the end,” Loki said as Glalie slowly healed himself with the falling hail.

“Too bad we are also not done, Umbreon use Quick Attack. Umbreon sped at Glalie before headbutting him and knocking him out.

“Glalie is unable to battle, Umbreon is the winner which means Turquoise wins the match,” The ref said while pointing his left flag at Turquoise.

“You may have won today Turquoise but mark my words at the Silver conference I will beat you,” Loki said before leaving for the stands to watch the rest of the tournament. The remaining two matches were intense. The bracket was once again updated and the matches began. Turquoise won her match almost instantly and the second match was way more intense with how hard Chris's Metang was thrashing his opponent around before delivering the final blow.

“Now Metang use Meteor Mash to end this. Metang delivered a powerful left hook to the opposing pokemon which knocked them out.

“Vibrava is unable to battle, Metang is the winner which means Tristain wins the match,” The ref said while pointing his left flag at Chris. Suddenly Metang began to glow before evolving into a Metagross.

“And just like that my team is a whole lot stronger,” Chris gloated before exiting the battlefield. There was a five-minute intermission which gave both Turquoise and Chris time to heal their pokemon and prep themselves for the final battle. Chris, Isabelle, and Meowth were using this time to strategize while secretly listening in on Turquoise and Fluttershy’s conversation.

“So who are you planning to use for the final round?” Fluttershy asked.

“I’m using my Gabite since it's now time for him to shine,” Turquoise said.

“Did you hear that? the dorkette is going with her Gabite which means your Metagross has this one clinched,” Meowth said boastfully.

“Your right we will crush her and the bosses will be pleased with us bringing a Paldean egg back with us,” Chris said. The intermission ended and both trainers returned to the stadium.

“And now we arrived at our final match. Who will be taking the egg? Will be our rising starlet Turquoise?” The announcer said as Turquoise entered her side of the field. “Or will it be the mighty Tristian who takes it? Chris entered smugly like he knew he was going to win.

“Don’t take it personally when I beat you kid,” Chris said in a condescending tone.

“Don’t go celebrating too soon because we won’t lose that easily,” Turquoise said.

“If both trainers are ready? Call out your pokemon,” The Ref said.

“Go Gabite,” Turquoise said as she called out her Gabite who looked raring to go.

“Go Metagross,” Chris said as he called out his newly evolved Metagross who shook the battlefield upon landing on it. Despite the tremor, Gabite remained focused.

“Battle start,” The Ref said.

Metagross use Hammer Arm. Metagross began the battle by raising one of its legs and preparing to swing it down hard on Gabite.

“Gabite use Sand Tomb. Gabite managed to create a Sand tomb beneath Metagross which threw off its footing and caused its attack to miss its mark.

“You may have avoided that but lets see you dodge this. Metagross use Psychic on Gabite. Metagross used its Psychic to catch Gabite in its field before lifting him off the ground.

“Gabite use Dragon Breath. Gabite unleashed dragon breath but Metagross altered the trajectory which caused it to miss before slamming him down hard.

“Now use Bullet Punch before Gabite gets back up. Metagross began rolling towards Gabite with its arms glowing orange. Gabite mustered all of his strength to get back up and suddenly his claws began to glow with a greenish glow which Turquoise recognized as a new move. Gabite used those glowing claws to try and push Metagross back. After a little back and forth Gabite was able to stop the Bullet Punch and send Metagross back a few feet. “Not bad but we are not even close to finished yet. Metagross use Meteor Mash. Metagross charged at Gabite with one of its front legs covered in white energy getting ready to punch.

“Dodge and use Dragon Claw. Gabite managed to leap into the air and bring down a powerful Dragon Claw that pushed Metagross off its legs and to the ground.

“Get back up Metagross,” Chris shouted which allowed Metagross to rise up again with Gabite still on top of it. “Now shake Gabite off and use Bullet Punch. Metagross managed to send Gabite flying off before hitting him with a barrage of punches which send him flying towards Turquosie’s side of the field lying down. Gabite once again tried to get back up.

“Come on Gabite I know you can do it, Don’t give up,” Turquoise shouted which not only allowed Gabite to rise up again but to glow with a very familiar white glow.

“Oh no this looks bad,” Isabelle said.

“Tell me about it when a twerps pokemon evolves it's never good news for us,” Meowth said. Gabite began to grow bigger while his build shrunk a little and his fin grow bigger. When the glow died down a bigger creature that looked almost like a hammer shark stood where Gabite was.

“And it looks like the power of love triumphs as Turquoise’s Gabite evolved into a Garchomp,” The announcer said.

“So you're a Garchomp huh,” Turquoise said before pulling out her Pokedex.

“Garchomp, The Mach Pokemon, Garchomp makes its home in volcanic mountains. It flies through the sky as fast as a jet airplane, hunting down as much prey as it can,” The Pokedex said.

“Big deal we will still win this, Metagross use Meteor Mash. Metagross charged at Garchomp with its Meteor Mash but it did not faze with Turquoise or Garchomp.

“Let's show him your new move, use Dig. Garchomp leaped into the air before spinning like a drill and burrowed underground. As soon as Meteor Mash missed Garchomp popped out of the ground to deliver a powerful blow that inflicted a ton of damage and caused Metagross to faint.

“Metagross is unable to battle, Garchomp is the winner which means, Turquoise wins the match,” the ref said while pointing his right flag at Turquoise.

“And that's it folks after many intense battles our tournament winner is Turquoise,” The announcer shouted as confetti rained down. A bit later Turquoise stood on the stage now holding her new Pokemon Egg. After a few pictures, Turquoise and Fluttershy returned to the Pokemon center for the day. Turquoise decided to call Professor Oak to see how Vespiquen was doing. After a few rings, Professor Oak appeared on the screen.

“Aw Turquoise good timing,” Professor Oak said.

“Guess what I got myself a new Pokemon Egg,” Turquoise said before showing it to him.

“That’s wonderful and on that topic, I have another favor to ask,” Professor Oak said.

“What is it?” Turquoise asked.

“We managed to resolve the territorial dispute and get all the Combee on the same page but they need a queen to keep the peace, so is it ok if Vespiquen stays at the lab a little bit longer just until a successor is named?” Professor Oak asked.

“Seeing as I have a full team again sure,” Turquoise said.

“Excellent,” Professor Oak said before hanging up. As soon as Garchomp was completely healed the girl called it a day while everyone else was taking everything down now that the festival was over.


On the outskirts of town, a helicopter with the Team Supernova insignia came and picked up Isabelle, Chris, and Meowth with the two humans of the group looking down after failing to beat Turquoise.

“Hey don’t look so down chums, we may have lost the battle today but the war is not over yet,” Meowth said before continuing. “Not only did we reclaim Jessie’s Dustox along with her mate, but Chris’s Metang also evolved and is now stronger.

“Your right we may have lost today but we also got much stronger in the process,” Chris said.

“Yay,” Isabelle said.

“Turquoise Dusk when next we meet your pokemon will be ours,” The three of them shouted as the helicopter flew off in the horizon.

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Espeon ♀ LV: 61 Moves: Psychic/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Hunchkrow ♀ LV: 45 Moves: Faint Attack/ Wing Attack/ Night Shade/Assurance
Meganium ♀ LV:47 Moves: Magical Leaf/Vine whip/Petal Dance/ Body Slam
Umbreon ♂ LV:42 Moves: Shadow ball/Quick attack/Dark Pulse/Snarl
Garchomp ♂ LV:48 Moves: Dragon Breath/Dig/Dragon Claw/Bulldoze

Isabelle's Team
Mightyena ♂ LV:44 Moves: Assurance/ Howl/ Crunch/ Thunder Fang
Sandaconda ♂ Lv:44 Moves: Slam/ Mud Shot/ Bulldoze/ Brutal Swing
Dustox ♀ LV:45 Moves: Quiver Dance/ Bug Buzz/ Psybeam/ Poison sting

Chris's Team
Houndoom ♂ LV:44 Moves: Fire Fang/ Howl/ Smog/ Flame Charge
Metagross LV:52 Moves: Hammer Arm/Psychic/Meteor Mash/Bullet Punch
Dustox ♂ Lv:45 Moves: Toxic/ Venoshock/ Energy ball/Double Team

Turquoise: Badges:7 Ribbons:4

Merry Christmas everyone and sorry for the wait. I had writer's block for a while. I decided to do a chapter based on the new region with an A plot and a B plot like with Ash's Bulbasaur. Hope everyone is excited to see the B plot.