• Published 7th May 2021
  • 637 Views, 31 Comments

Pokémon Turquoise Johto Adventures - foxmaster



Just like the first one but in the Johto Region this time.

  • ...
6
 31
 637

The Chikorita Performance Review

Turquoise and Fluttershy arrived safely out the other side of the cave and noticed something up ahead. What they saw was a wild Chikorita sunbathing on a rock. Turquoise looked ready to catch it until the Chikorita woke up and looked upset that Turquoise disturb her nap.

“ Good a time as any to give Murkrow a try,” Turquoise said while calling out Murkrow. Chikorita began spinning her leaf violently like she was ready to go. “ Murkrow use peck. Murkrow began charging towards Chikorita and managed to inflict a good amount of damage which pushed Chikorita back. Chikorita unleashed her Razor Leaf which amazed Turquoise with how it circled around Murkrow rather than move in a straight line like usual. “ Now I must catch it. That move is perfect for a contest. Murkrow use Mirror Move and copy what Chikorita is doing. Murkrow spun around and managed to create the same Razor leaf but with an opposite rotation which caused both moves to cancel each other out and create a rain of leaves. “ Now use Peck while under the cover of the leaves. Chikorita looked confused for a moment until Murkrow nailed her from the front which pushed her back some more. “ Go Pokeball. Turquoise threw her Pokeball which managed to hit Chikorita and absorb her. After a few shakes, the ball popped open and released Chikorita who then ran off. Turquoise who was now determined to make that Chikorita hers after seeing that Razor leaf chased after her with Fluttershy following from behind. Fluttershy could not keep up and got separated from Turquoise.


A bit later Turquoise saw Chikorita in a clearing along with five flower-like creatures each with a different color going from red, blue, orange, white, and yellow.

“ What kind of Pokemon are those?” Turquoise asked herself before pulling out her Pokedex.

“ Florges. The Garden Pokemon. It controls the flowers it grows. The petal blizzards that Florges triggers are overwhelming in their beauty and power,” The Pokedex said luckily not loud enough to attract any attention. Turquoise observed what was going on and saw Chikorita perform that same Razor Leaf from before but this time included a Vine Whip to stop the leaves from spinning and finished with a flourish. The five Florges were not in the slightest bit impressed and laugh at Chikorita with ridicule before unleashing a combined powerful Petal Blizzard that looked very dazzling since it combined five different colors of petals. The massive Petal Blizzard hurt Chikorita a lot. When it ended the five Florges were gone and Chikorita while hurt physically was also hurt mentally by having her self-esteem damaged. Turquoise decided to talk to her and walked up to her slowly.

“ Don’t listen to those five. I thought that Razor Leaf of yours was lovely,” Turquoise said to Chikorita who still looked sad. “ Listen I get it constructive criticism can be hard to take sometimes but it’s important to keep trying and never give up. Chikorita was beginning to feel a little better after hearing that but still felt like her pride was damaged along with her body. “ Listen I have a friend who can help treat your injuries so what do you say after your well and back on your feet I help with her combination? Chikorita extended her vine to Turquoise which meant she accepted her offer.


Meanwhile with Fluttershy who was completely lost was beginning to feel scared. Before Fluttershy could keep going she ran into a big brown bear-like creature with a ring on its chest who looked really angry and was thrashing around in blind rage. Fluttershy could tell this creature was not actually angry but rather in great pain. She called out Cinderace knowing she needed help with this situation.

“ Cinderace I need you to hold this guy down so I can find the cause of his pain,” Fluttershy said with Cinderace understanding Fluttershy’s intentions. Cinderace used his Double Kick to get the creature on his back while keeping him pinned down. Fluttershy felt around the creature until she came to his right foot which had a green spike in it. Fluttershy pulled out the spike which made the creature roar in more pain for a few seconds. Fluttershy then pulled out a potion she had in her bag. “ This will only sting for a second. Fluttershy sprayed the potion on the spot where the spike was lodged, making the creature roar in pain some more before suddenly looking happy. The creature bearhugged Fluttershy out of joy and gratitude for her kindness. “ Your welcome big guy and now I need to find my friend. The creature motioned for Fluttershy to follow him meaning he offered to be her guide. Sometime later the creature showed Fluttershy to the clearing where Turquoise and Chikorita were waiting for her.

“ Where were you Fluttershy?” Turquoise asked.

“ You ran after that Chikorita so fast I could not keep up so I ended up getting lost and ran into this pokemon,” Fluttershy said referring to her new friend. Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex for info on him.

“ Ursaring. The Hibernator Pokemon. In the forests inhabited by Ursaring, it is said that there are many streams and towering trees where they gather food. This Pokémon walks through its forest gathering food every day,” The Pokedex said.

“ In any case, I’m glad you are here because Chikorita is in serious condition,” Turquoise said before Fluttershy acted and treated Chikorita. A few minutes later Chikorita was back up and feeling better.

“ How did Chikorita end up like that? Don’t tell me you went too rough on her,” Fluttershy asked hoping she was wrong.

“ I didn’t do that to her. A quintuple of Florges while dazzling unleashed a combined Petal Blizzard on Chikorita,” Turquoise said.

“ Why didn’t you catch her if she was too weak to battle?” Fluttershy asked.

“ Because I made a promise with her,” Turquoise said before continuing. “ I promised to help her with her combination and to impress those Florges since I have a feeling Chikorita wants to earn their approval. Speaking of which can you translate what they are saying?

“ My gift doesn’t work that way. I can only understand what a pokemon is feeling I can’t actually understand what they are saying,” Fluttershy clarified.

“ But I can,” A voice said as a cat-like creature with a gold coin on its forehead walked into the clearing. Both Turquoise and Fluttershy were shocked to hear a Pokemon able to speak like a human. Suddenly Turquoise remembered where she saw this pokemon before.

“ Aren’t you that talking Meowth from Team Supernova and aren’t you usually with your bosses?” Turquoise asked.

“ I am and Jessie and James assigned me to Isabelle and Chris to aid them since you Twerpettes are too much for them to handle on their own,” Meowth said.

“ If you come here to steal any pokemon so help us we will send you flying faster than you can say oops,” Fluttershy said assertively with Ursaring looking scary to emphasize her point which made Meowth sweat a little.

“ Even if I wanted to I can’t do it without Isabelle and Chris since they have the bran and I’m just the brains,” Meowth said.

“ In any case mind sticking around since we need a translator,” Turquoise asked.

“ And why should I help you Twerpettes?” Meowth asked before Ursaring gave Meowth a death stare that intimidated him almost as much as Bewear did. “ I’ll stay. Turquoise called out her Espeon and demonstrated one of their most basic combinations which was their Swift/Psychic combo. Chikorita was amazed by the combo and try to copy it with Razor Leaf but to no avail since she could not get her leaves to form rings.

“ That was just a demonstration of what combining moves can do what we need to do is find one that works best for you,” Turquoise explained. Chikorita took a moment to think and then came up with something. She unleashed a Razor Leaf that spun in a spiral before leaping through it while unleashing Poison Powder. Turquoise was amazed by this new combination which made the leaves sparkle with purple. Ursaring was beginning to warm up to Fluttershy which meant he wanted to travel with her. Fluttershy picked up on in and then tapped a Pokeball on Ursaring which absorbed him and after a few shakes clicked shut. Before Fluttershy could rejoice a giant mecha Meowth showed up with the five Florges caught in a steel net on its back. Chikorita tried to use razor Leaf to rescue them but it did not work since leaves can,t cut through steel. Meowth used this chance to return to Isabelle and Chris by climbing into the cockpit which opened for him. “ You creeps won’t get away with this.

“ Silly Dorkette we already have. We know all you have is your Espeon and a puny Murkrow and the other Dorkette only has her Cinderace who won’t be able to beat our Mecha Moewth MK 3 and its reinforced armor plating which is fireproof and heat resistant,” Isabelle said.

“ Uh Isabelle,” Meowth tried to say before being interrupted.

“ Whatever you have to say can wait,” Isabelle said as she prepared to unleash the vacuum built into the left paw of the mecha Meowth.

“ Ursaring help us out,” Fluttershy said as she called out Ursaring. Fluttershy asked Turquoise to scan Ursaring to see what moves he had. After a few seconds, Turquoise told Fluttershy that Ursaring knew Hammer Arm, Focus Blast, Slash, and Metal Claw. “ Ursaring use Focus Blast on that vacuum. Ursaring created a ball of white energy and then threw it into the vacuum which caused it to explode and the net to come loose with Chikorita freeing the net by its base with Razor Leaf thus saving the Florges. Isabelle, Chris, and Meowth ejected from the mech before it exploded and looked really angry.

“ Now you Dorkettes are in for it. “ Go Mightyena,” Isabelle said as she called out her Mightyena.

“ You too Houndoom,” Chris said as he called out Houndoom. Turquoise was lost since she currently did not have anything that could beat both of them.

“ You leave these two to me and Ursaring. You go free the Florges,” Fluttershy said. As soon as Turquoise left to undo the net Fluttershy looked ready to end this in one blow. “ Ursaring use Hammer Arm. Ursaring’s arm glowed white before he swung it at Mightyena and nailed it for a ton of damage which also knocked out Houndoom by bumping into it and then sent Team Supernova flying through the air. As soon as they were gone, the Florges apologized to Chikorita for the deplorable way they acted towards her. Chikorita was forgiving towards them on the condition that they give her another chance to dazzle them with her new combination. The Florges agreed and took their usual positions to judge the act. Chikorita did what she and Turquoise practiced and this time managed to wow the Florges.

“ Well Chikorita you did it now we must be on our way,” Turquoise said before Chikorita stopped her. Turquoise was picking up on Chikorita wanted to join her.

“ I think Chikorita wants to come along with you,” Fluttershy said.

“ Is that true?” Turquoise asked with Chikorita saying yes. Turquoise pulled out the Pokeball from earlier and tapped it on Chikorita. After a few shakes, it clicked shut indicating the catch was successful. “ I just caught a Chikorita. Turquoise and Fluttershy made it out of the forest and noticed it was already getting late and decided to set up camp for the night. After setting up the tents they called out all of their pokemon. Fluttershy put out bowls of pokemon food for them while she and Turquoise had some onigiri.


Meanwhile, in another forest Team, Supernova landed right in the middle of a pack of Ursaring who all looked extremely angry that their slumber was disturbed.

“ Nice Ursaring you wouldn’t want to harm us would you?” Chris said in a timid voice. They all unleashed Hyper Beam on Team Supernova which sent them flying again.


The next day, Turquoise was doing some training for the first gym of the Johto league, Falkner’s Gym. Against Espeon Murkrow managed to level up some and learned Wing Attack, Night Shade, and Assurance before losing to Espeon. As for Chikorita, she was just sunbathing since she felt like this gym battle did not involve her. As soon as everyone was ready Turquoise and Fluttershy continued towards Violet City. Thirty minutes later they arrived and Turquoise saw the gym but with a sign posted on the door.

“ The gym will be closed while the Gym Leader Falkner is competing in the Pokemon World Tournament. Sorry for the inconvenience,” The sign said.

“ Well that sucks,” Turquoise said.

“ What should we do until Falkner gets back?” Fluttershy asked.

“ We could always just look around since this may be a while,” Turquoise said.


Meanwhile in the Unova Region at the arena south of Driftveil City Falkner was on his way out after losing to LT.Surge in the final round. A woman with red hair wearing a light blue outfit was waiting for him.

“ Ready to go home, Falkner?” The woman asked.

“ Yes Skyla I’m ready,” Falkner said. The two of them were on their way to the airport in Mistralton City. After about an hour of walking, they were now at the airfield where Skyla had her plane. As soon as she finished refueling it she and Falkner got in.

“ Hold on tight,” Skyla said as she took off.


Back in Violet City Turquoise was beginning to lose patients waiting for Falkner to come back.

“ Calm down Turquoise he will be back just wait,” Fluttershy assured her.

“ It’s already been two days he should have been back by now,” Turquoise said.

“ Even if he was here how do you plan on beating him?” Fluttershy asked.

“ That is my secret. You just have to wait until the gym battle,” Turquoise said. Suddenly a hang glider was heading towards the city and riding on it was Falkner. As soon as he landed Falkner folded up his hang glider and noticed Turquoise.

“ Long time no see,” Falkner said.

“ Been awhile,” Turquoise said.

“ So what brings you to Johto? Are you challenging the Johto League?” Falkner asked.

“ Sure am along with the Grand Festival,” Turquoise said.

“ Well I would be happy to accept your Gym challenge tomorrow but for now my pokemon and I are worn out from the tournament,” Falkner said.

“ Fine with me,” Turquoise said. After all the waiting Turquoise and Fluttershy decided to call it a day since the real excitement was going to be tomorrow.

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Espeon ♀ LV: 60 Moves: Psychic/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Murkrow ♀ LV: 25 Moves: Mirror Move/ Wing Attack/ Night Shade/Assurance
Chikorita ♀ LV:9 Moves: Tackle/Vine whip/Razor Leaf/ Poison Powder

Fluttershy's Team
Cinderace ♂ LV: 45 Moves: Flame Charge/ Pyro Ball/ Headbutt/ Double Kick
Ursaring ♂ LV:30 Moves: Hammer Arm/ Focus Blast/Slash/ Metal Claw

Isabelle's Team
Mightyena ♂ LV:35 Moves: Assurance/ Howl/ Snarl/ Thunder Fang
Silicobra ♂ Lv:35 Moves: Sandstorm/ Dig/ Bulldoze/ Brutal Swing

Chris's Team
Houndoom ♂ LV:35 Moves: Fire Fang/ Howl/ Smog/ Faint Attack
Metang LV:35 Moves: Take Down/Psychic/Metal Claw/Bullet Punch

Turquoise: Badges:0 Ribbons:0

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and are looking forward to the Gym battle.