• Published 7th May 2021
  • 637 Views, 31 Comments

Pokémon Turquoise Johto Adventures - foxmaster



Just like the first one but in the Johto Region this time.

  • ...
6
 31
 637

Large Round Robin Smackdown

Today Turquoise and Fluttershy were inside the lobby of the pokemon center checking the board to see who Turquoise’s opponents would be for the semi-finals. Soon they spotted where she was.

“Looks like you're battling in division E, “Fluttershy said, referring to how Turquoise’s profile was between two other trainers who she had never met before.

“How fortunate we are not facing each other right off the bat,” Loki said which surprised them.

“Loki? Where did you come from?” Turquoise asked.

“Just came to check where I am battling just like you and to see if you remembered how the semi-finals worked,” Loki said.

“Of course I remember,” Turquoise said before repeating what she was told yesterday. “Basically it's a round robin-style tournament consisting of three on three battles where the winner with the most victory points among the three trainers in a bracket moves on to the victory tournament,” Turquoise said.

“Correct, and do you know what those points are based on and how many you get?” Loki asked.

“A win is three points, a loss is zero points, and a draw is one point for each,” Turquoise said.

“I see you've been keeping up,” Loki said.

“Of course I have, I'm not someone who leaps before looking, ya know,” Turquoise said

“In any case, I hope to see you in the finals,” Loki said before leaving. Turquoise and fluttershy returned to their room where turquoise logged on to the computer to look up what team her opponent’s had registered and to do the same with hers.

“According to the bracket, your first opponent is Randy from Goldenrod City,” Fluttershy said. Turquoise looked up the data on Randy and saw his team.

“Looks like Randy loves grass-types for some reason. Well, I can beat that easy,” Turquoise said.

“Don’t get cocky Turquoise, you also need to consider the secondary typing of his team as well,” Fluttershy said. Turquoise analyzed his team which consisted of a Jumpluff, a Ivysuar, and an Exeggutor.

“So i also have to take into account flying, poison, and psychic types,” Turquoise said before thinking and suddenly had an idea for her line up. “I know exactly who to use, I need to make a quick phone call,” Turquoise said before rushing to the vid phone. As soon as she got to it she called professor Oak who answered almost immediately.

“Hi Turquoise, congrats on making it to the Silver Conference, “Professor Oak said.

“Thank you Professor,” Turquoise said.

“How can I help you?” Professor Oak asked.

“I need you to send me my Vespiquen and Corviknight,” Turquoise said.

“Good choices,” Professor Oak said. “There are a couple of things about Vespiquen you may find interesting, first the group of Combee we had moved on with a new queen so she is free again and second she learned some new moves you may find useful.

“I can’t wait to find out,” Turquoise said before prepping her Meganium and Hunchkrow for transport. A few minutes later the two pokemon Turquoise requested made it through to her end and after saying goodbye to professor oak turquoise went back to her room to register her team for the battle.


A few hours later turquoise was in the A stadium facing a boy dressed as a farmer.

“Welcome to the A stadium where the first semi-final match of the E division is about to begin. The athlete making the first move will now be decided,” The announcer said as the roulette spun for a bit and then stopped on red which meant Randy was making the first move.

“Go Jumpluff,” Randy said as he sent his jumpluff out which was floating above the battlefield.

“Go Corviknight,” Turquoise said as she called out her Corviknight.

“Jumpluff use Sunny day. Jumpluff sent a ball of orange light flying upward which caused the sun’s rays to intensify and Jumpluff to move faster thanks to its Chlorophyll ability. “Now use acrobatics. Jumpluff charged at Corviknight with great speed and almost looked like a blue blur.

“Corviknight use Drill Peck. Corviknight’s beak extended before spinning like a drill as he flew equally as fast at Jumpluff. The two pokemon collided and traded blows as they ascended higher. Just when it looked evenly matched Corviknight got his attack in and caused Jumpluff to come crashing down. When the dust settled, jumpluff appeared to have fainted.

“Jumpluff is unable to battle, Corviknight is the winner,” The ref said while pointing his right flag at Turquoise.

“And with that powerful exchange of arial blows it looks like Turquoise takes the lead, “the announcer said as jumpluff’s picture turned gray indicating it was out of the match.

“Return jumpluff,” Randy said while recalling jumpluff. “You did your best, now rest. Randy wasted no time in calling out his next pokemon. “Go Ivysaur. Randy’s Ivisuar came out and looked raring to go.

“I will stick with my Corviknight,” Turquoise said.

“Ivysaur use Poison Powder. Ivysuar created a massive cloud of purple spores that covered the battlefield and enveloped Corviknight. Randy was expecting Corviknight to be poisoned but when the cloud cleared Corviknight looked unaffected. “How can this be? Your Corviknight should be poisoned, that was a clear hit.

“I guess you failed to realize Corviknight is also part Steel type so your poison powder had no effect,” Turquoise said before she declared her attack. “Corviknight use brave Bird. Corviknight ascended higher and nosed dived at Ivysaur covered in fire before it turned to blue energy.

“Like that will work, Ivysuar use solar beam max power. Ivysuar fired its solar beam almost instantly thanks to the sunny day being in effect. THe two moves collided until Corviknight’s brave bird pierced through the solar beam like an arrow and nailed Ivysaur for massive damage while Corviknight also took damage from the recoil. As for Ivysaur it managed to hang on by a thread while Corviknight was now at less than half his strength.

“I must commend your Ivysaur for its tenacity,” Turquoise said.

“Thanks but now we got you right where we want you,” Randy said as if he expected this. “I knew someone like you would get overconfident in your advantage over my grass-types that you would resort to using big moves like Brave Bird but now your Corviknight is vulnerable. Ivysuar use Weather ball. Ivysuar fired a ball of fire from its mouth which nailed Corviknight before he could recover from the recoil and as a result he fainted.

“Corviknight is unable to battle, Ivysaur is the winner,” The ref said while pointing his left flag at randy.

“And with that the score is now even,” The announcer said as Corviknight’s picture turned gray.

“Return Corviknight,” Turquoise said while recalling Corviknight. “You were awesome, now rest. Turquoise still had the advantage since she was able to deal a massive blow to Ivysaur with that last exchange. “Go Espeon. Espeon came out and looked raring to go. The battle resumed with Randy going on the offensive.

“Ivysaur use Solar Beam. Ivysuar was about to fire until the sunny day wore off which meant now Ivysaur needed time to charge it.

“Just what we needed, Espeon use Psybeam. Espeon fired her psybeam which nailed Ivysaur and finished it as indicated by its power up ending.

“Ivysaur is unable to battle, Espeon is the winner,” The ref said while pointing his right flag at Turquoise.

“And that puts Turquoise back in the lead,” The announcer said as Ivysaur’s picture turned gray.

“Return Ivysaur, " Randy said while recalling Ivysaur. “You did great, now rest up. Randy was now down to his final pokemon. “Go Exeggutor. Exeggutor came out and stomped around.

“Return Espeon,” Turquoise said as she recalled Espeon.

“It looks like Turquoise is taking Espeon out of the match,” The announcer said as the background behind Espeon’s picture turned gray but not the picture which meant Espeon was still in the match.

“Secret weapon time, Go Vespiquen,” Turquoise said as Vespiquen came out while spinning.

“Battle resume,” The ref said.

“Exeggutor use Psyshock. Exeggutor unleashed a bunch of psychic orbs that were heading for Vespiquen.

“Vespiquen use Defend Order. Vespiquen’s eyes glowed and suddenly a bunch of Combee in spirit form formed a dome around Vespiquen and spun as it raised her defense and Special Defense which as a result lessened the damage she took. “Now use Attack Order. The Combee spirits then turned around and flew at Exeggutor in an attack formation before striking from multiple spots. As soon as the spirits faded Exeggutor suddenly fell down and fainted.

“Exeggutor is unable to battle, Vespiquen is the winner which means Turquoise wins the match,” The ref said while pointing his right flag at Turquoise.

“And Turquoise has taken the first battle in the E division of the semi final,” The announcer said as Turquoise’s picture with a winner icon appeared on the jumbotron.

“Exeggutor return,” Randy said as he recalled Exeggutor. With this win Turquoise now had three victory points but now she saw how serious her competition was. Soon fluttershy caught up with her outside the stadium.

“You did it,” Fluttershy said with joy.

“Yeah but now things are getting serious,” Turquoise said.

“I know, that part where Randy took advantage of the timing between Brave Bird and surviving took me by surprise too, “Fluttershy said. The two returned to the Pokemon center to have Turquoise’s team heal up after a hard fought battle. Sometime later the sun was setting and before the girls returned to their room for the night they ran into randy who now had a Venusaur.

“Thanks to our battle my Ivisaur has finally evolved and hopefully we win this one,” Randy said.

“We will be watching,” Turquoise said.

“Until then, “Randy said as he and his venusaur left.


The next day the second preliminary battle in the E-division was set to begin with Randy vs Beverly from Goldenrod City. Beverly was being quite over the top with her excitement for being in front of the camera which made Turquoise look somewhat annoyed.

“This diva is going to be my next opponent?” Turquoise said.

“She can't be any more dramatic than Rarity, can she?” Fluttershy asked herself. The battle began and it was quite a spectacle as both sides gave it their all.

“Beverly’s Delcatty and Primarina have been defeated, as well as Randy’s Jumpluff and Ludicolo, So in their final battle Venusaur will face Skarmory,” The announcer said.

“Time to wrap this battle up, Venusaur use Weather Ball. Venusaur unleashed a fireball from its mouth.

“Now so fast, Skarmory use,” Beverly said while trying to give her command with a sense of flare only to trip on her heels which had Skarmory stay still and do nothing. As a result of not being given a command, Skarmory got nailed for some serious damage which resulted in a knockout.

“Skarmory is unable to battle, venusaur is the winner which means randy wins the match,” The ref said while pointing his left flag at Randy.

“All right I knew we could do it, “Randy said with joy.

“Randy had to win or that would have been it, now you and him are tied with three points each,” Fluttershy said.

“So as long As I win or tie I will move on,” Turquoise said.

“Correct, but should you lose all three of you will be tied and that will start a new round robin,” Fluttershy said.

“Then I just won’t lose,” Turquoise said. Sometime later the girls were back in their room looking at Beverly's data on the computer.

“Looks like Beverly’s strongest pokemon is this one,” Fluttershy said before pulling up what looked like a very beefy tiger-like pokemon. Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex to look it up and soon found it.

“Purugly, The Tiger Cat Pokemon and the evolved form of Glameow, To make itself appear intimidatingly beefy, it tightly cinches its waist with its split tail,” The Pokedex said.

“After watching the last battle and with this new info, I have the perfect team in mind,” Turquoise said.


The next day the crowd in the stadium was all hyped for the third and possibly final battle of the E-division semifinals. The roulette was spinning and soon it stopped on red which meant Beverly was sending her pokemon out first.

“Beverly from Goldenrod City will begin the battle while Turquoise from Pallet Town will follow,” the announcer said. Beverly wasted no time in choosing her first pokemon.

“Purugly I chose you, " Beverly said as Purugly came out and landed on the battlefield with a quite audible thud due to her true weight.

“Starting off with your strongest, not bad but no match for this, Go Lucario. Turquoise said as she called out Lucario who looked ready to go.

“Purugly use Shadow Claw. Purugly charged at Lucario with claws made of dark energy and while she was fat she moved with decent speed.

“Dodge and use Force Palm. Lucario easily dodged the attack and placed his palm on Purugly’s back before trying to blast her.

“Use your tail to throw him back. Purugly uncinched her waist and then used her fat to repel Lucario’s paw before wrapping her tail around his arm then tossed him back to Turquoise’s side of the battlefield. “Now use Attract. Purugly winked which caused some hearts to form before they went flying towards lucario and nailed him. Suddenly Lucario was acting all gaga for Purugly as if he was smitten with her. “Not a wise move sending a male to fight my Purugly.

“Lucario use Aura Sphere. Unfortunately Locario was not listening to Turquoise due to the Attract status. Fortunately Turquoise knew what to do in this situation. “Return Lucario. Turquoise recalled Lucario which caused the background of his picture to turn gray. Turquoise then called out her next Pokemon. “Go Meganium. Meganium came out and looked excited to be battling.

“Send whoever you want it's all going to end the same way, Purugly use Attract. Purugly wink and then she sent the same hearts as last time flying towards Meganium but this time they had no effect which shocked Beverly.

“Nice try but like Purugly, my Meganium is also female which means your Attract won’t affect her,” Turquoise said before giving her command. “Now Meganium use Petal dance. Meganium suddenly sent a cyclone of pink flower petals flying towards Purugly who was nailed by it and took lots of damage then fainted.

“Purugly is unable to battle, Meganium is the winner, “The Ref said while pointing his right flag at Turquoise.

“What an impressive comeback from Turquoise,” the announcer said as Purugly’s pictured turned gray.

“Return Purugly,” Beverly said as she recalled Purugly. Beverly was serious now and wasted no time in calling in her next pokemon. “Go Drifblim. A Drifblim came out and the battle resumed.

“Meganium use Magical Leaf. Meganium fired her magical leaf which Beverly was waiting for.

“Drifblim use Psychic. Drifblim spun around while using Psychic to gain control of the magical leaf and sent it back to Meganium who took the damage. “Now use Acrobatics. Drifblim moved super fast before dealing some rapid damage which finished Meganium off.

“Meganium is unable to battle, Drifblim is the winner,” The ref said while pointing his left flag at Beverly.

“And with that Beverly evened the score, “The announcer said as Meganium's picture turned gray.

“Return Meganium,” Turquoise said while recalling Meganium. She wasted no time in calling out her next Pokemon. “Go Honchkrow. Hunchkrow appeared and was now flying above the battlefield. “Honchkrow use Faint attack. Hunchkrow charged at Drifblim while covered in a dark aura.

“Drifblim use Destiny Bond. Drifblim was covered in a purplish colored energy and it looked like Honchkrow’s attack landed a critical hit that caused Drifblim to faint.

“Drifblim is unable to battle, Honchkrow is the winner,” The ref said while pointing his right flag at Turquoise. As he said that the same purple energy Drifblim was in covered Honchkrow and sapped all the energy out of her which caused her to faint. “Honchkrow is also unable to battle. Both Honchkrow and Drifblim’s pictures turn gray. Both sides wasted no time in calling out their final pokemon.

“Go Delcatty,” Beverly said as Delcatty took the field.

“Go Lucario,” Turquoise said as Lucario came back out and was now freed from the Attract status.

“I got you cornered now, delcatty use Attract. Delcatty sent some hearts flying towards Lucario but this time Turquoise was ready.

“Lucario use Bullet Punch. Lucario punched the hearts with rapid speed which resulted in destroying them before lunging at Delcatty and striking her. Beverly was expecting Delcatty's cute charm to take effect but no such luck. “Now finish this with Force palm. Lucario placed his palm on delcatty before blasting her and sending her flying out of the battlefield and into the wall which caused her to faint.

“Delcatty is unable to battle, Lucario is the winner which means Turquoise wins the match, “The ref said while pointing his right flag at Turquoise.

“And with that amazing finish, Turquoise takes it,” The announcer said as turquoise’s picture with a winner icon appeared on the jumbotron.

“No fair, how could I lose twice?” Beverly said in an upset tone.

“The answer is obvious,” Turquoise said. “You relied on affection to win instead of adapting.

“And this completes competition for the E-division of the preliminary round, with three points a piece for both victories, Turquoise’s six points send her to the final tournament,” The announcer said as the statistics appeared on the jumbotron. Sometime later the pairing for the victory tournament went up and Turquoise was not surprised to see that Loki and Rick made it. How far will Turquoise go, stay tuned as the journey continues.

TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Espeon ♀ LV: 61 Moves: Psychic/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Hunchkrow ♀ LV: 45 Moves: Faint Attack/ Wing Attack/ Night Shade/Assurance
Meganium ♀ LV:47 Moves: Magical Leaf/Vine whip/Petal Dance/ Body Slam
Vespiquen ♀ LV:50 Moves: Defend Order/ Air Slash/ Attack Order/ Power Gem
Corviknight ♂ LV:60 Moves: Drill Peck/ Brave Bird/ Hone Claws/ Steel Wing
Lucario ♂ LV:60 Moves: Force Palm/ Bullet Punch/ Swords Dance/ Aura Sphere

Turquoise: Badges:8 Ribbons:5

As to why Randy and beverly have no bios. its becuase they are just minor characters meant to advance the plot. As for the battles ahead I will get to planning them as soon as possible.