• Published 28th Mar 2021
  • 15,795 Views, 988 Comments

Fallen - Rated Ponystar



Fluttershy is captured by Equestria to use her element one last time to help save them from Humanity-NegotationsVerse AU

  • ...
48
 988
 15,795

Friendly Dragon

Special Thanks to Shadowsaint007 and Alphamon_Ouryuken for helping pre-read this chapter

***

For the longest time, I was afraid of dragons. They were big, scary, breathed fire, and the stories of how many ponies a single dragon could kill frightened me as a filly. And yet, Spike was the kindest, gentlest, and cutest baby dragon in the world when I met him. He was so innocent and friendly that I felt no fear from him, even as he grew up to be bigger and taller than us. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't know him too well despite him being one of my friends for years. He was always closer to others like Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and, of course, Twilight Sparkle.

It was hard to describe their relationship, only that it was a loving one with exceptional care for both of them. Twilight was a mother, sister, teacher, guardian, and best friend to Spike to the point that there was no creature on this world, or any world, that had Spike's eternal loyalty but her. Because of this love, I do not blame him for sticking with Twilight through all of this. I cannot find it in me to do such a thing because I know how deep their bond is. It would be like Angel Bunny abandoning me. For all the trouble my little furry pet gives me, he'll never betray or deeply hurt me…intentionally.

"Fluttershy, I'm so sorry..." Spike whispered as he continued to hold me against his warm scaled chest. "I'm sorry this is happening… I tried to tell them… that this was wrong and…."

"Shh," I whispered as I slowly stroke his face. "It's okay, Spike. It's okay."

"No, it's not okay!" Spike growled as he threw his hands up and huffed out some fire from his nose. "My best friends have imprisoned one of my other best friends, and Princess Celestia has completely lost it! She thinks that we can still win this war, but all she is doing is getting more ponies and people killed! Twilight is completely obsessed with trying to get this spell of hers to work even though I pointed out the obvious!"

"Which is what?" I asked.

Spike slowly slumps and rests his back against the wall as tears start to come down from his eyes. "That your friendship is over… that everything is just… wrong… all of this… just plain wrong." He started to hug himself while spreading his wings around his body as if he was attempting to protect himself from the world. "After you left, everything "went to hell," as the humans say it. Twilight's done nothing but focus on the war and sobs every day for all the lost lives. Rainbow Dash and Applejack are filled with nothing but hatred in their hearts. Rarity's drinking herself under the table most of the time while isolating herself from the rest of the world. And Pinkie Pie… even I know those smiles are fake."

"…and you?" I asked.

Spike looks at me with his broken eyes and chuckles. "I'm honestly somewhat broken myself. My best friends are either fighting each other or complete opposites of what they're supposed to be. My gaming buddies, Big Mac and Discord, are dead. Even if Discord was a traitor, I still saw him as a friend, and I know he went with you because of how much he cares for you. Did… did Princess Celestia even make it quick?"

I slowly shook my head and started shedding tears of my own. I could still smell the burning flesh from Discord's body as Celestia pounds him with magic over and over again with rage in her eyes until her final blast goes right through his chest. "If it helps, Spike, he always kept a few board games for you two to play when the war was over… if I ever get out of this… I'll give them to you, but I don't think I'm coming out of this alive."

"…I don't want to lose you too. I've lost so many friends and family that I'm sick and tired of funerals. And Princess Celestia…" Spike frowned before he slowly got up and turned to me with a severe expression. "She's gone so far off the deep end that I don't know what to think anymore. I always thought the war was just… wrong in some ways, but I never really saw just how much she hated humanity until Luna's funeral."

"How bad?" I asked. We heard rumors that it lasted for a whole week. Four days for the body to be viewed in public by the citizens of Equestria. Two days for the entire funeral ceremony. One day for the burial in the tomb designed for both pony sisters when they eventually passed away.

"Most of the time, Princess Celestia was in tears… sobbing and mourning her sister…." Spike whispered, shaking his head. "Then there were times when she was angry and furious…then cold and calculated. There were talks about whether or not Celestia would end the war with Princess Luna dead, and she said she would come to a decision on that. On the final day of Luna's funeral, she gave a grand speech and said they would not surrender. That all of humanity would pay for killing her. That those who do not accept friendship as the path to being saved from their evil nature will be forgotten in the new world they will build. She used Luna's funeral as a means to further support for the war, and… everyone, even the girls, was clapping and vowing to avenge her. I just… I just stood there in silence and realized just how… radical all of this had become."

"I see." I'm glad that Spike managed to see what I had seen, but I knew deep in his heart that he would never leave Twilight even if he knew this was wrong. "But I take it you couldn't leave the girls as I did?"

"Yeah, but sometimes I just don't recognize them anymore. Like they aren't the friends I grew up with in Ponyville," Spike snorted as he shook his head. "Pinkie Pie just tries to act like her old self by throwing parties every second to try and keep ponies happy, but all it does is annoy others when they just want time to grieve. I think she does it more for her own sake than the others. Applejack struggled with her farm for a while, especially since it's just her and Apple Bloom now, but that fortune managed to get reversed due to some investments AJ took in. Although I don't know what kind of investments those are. When she isn't working on the farm, she's trying to watch out for any 'traitors' or 'ill thought' ponies who are thinking of the wrong ideas about the war or Princess Celestia so she can set them straight."

In other words, AJ's become a mortal crusader. I wouldn't be surprised if she was giving info on ponies to the ESS.

"Rainbow Dash is fighting in the war and enjoys it. I think, honestly, the feeling of battle has changed her into a more bloodthirsty pony," Spike whispered, shivering. "She really has no mercy for the humans. Like she cannot stand them almost as much as Princess Celestia. And Rarity…" Spike bit his lip. "We don't… see much of her ever since Valiant and her baby died. She's just busy drinking and mourning. Sweetie's really the only one that sees her anymore."

"She won't even let you in?" I asked with surprise. Spike's crush on Rarity aside, the two were always close.

"One time she did and…." Spike blushed but sighed. "…it was a mistake. A mistake the two of us made…."

A mistake? What could he-oh…ohhhhhh.

"Oh my," I whispered in awe as Spike lowered his head in embarrassment. "You two… um… you uhh…."

"Yes, we had SEX!" Spike shouted, covering his face. "Look, it was complicated, okay? She just needed someone, and I always liked her more than a friend...but after it happened, it was just… awkward…."

"I take it things didn't progress forward?" I asked with a nervous smile.

"No… if anything, I think my crush on Rarity ended that day," Spike answered, shaking his head. "As for Twilight, she's pretty much the only pony I hang out with most of the time. Nothings changed between us save for her being more busy working and helping Princess Celestia with the war-"

Spike then paused and went silent, which made me tilt my head until he turned to me and asked, "Fluttershy, what did you say to Twilight that made her panic and… angry?"

I hesitated at first, mostly because I don't want Spike to get his memory erased or worse. If Celestia was willing to do anything to keep her secret safe, how far would she do so? I can understand memory wiping Twilight, she was essential and needed, plus Celestia loved her more than anyone save for Luna. Spike, however, was expendable if I was being realistic. He offered nothing in the war or to Celestia. I always thought Celestia allowed Spike to be raised in Equestria to help develop peaceful relations with the dragons and us. A dragon raised as a pony could be the bridge to heal both of our races' long antagonism towards each other.

Yet, if our world was gone, and Celestia knew this, what was the point of him still being here? Other than being Twilight's assistant, there was nothing else Spike was doing to help with the war effort. I knew he didn't fight in it, Twilight refused to have him do so, and at most, he just acted with her authority to help see things operational in specific departments. However, other than those, there was nothing else. Who's to say that Princess Celestia won't go so far as to just have Spike eliminated to keep the truth hidden?

"Fluttershy, please," Spike whispered as he got closer to me and desperately looked at me with those curious and yet painful eyes. "I need to know. She did something to Twilight. One moment she was yelling and saying she even 'hated' Princess Celestia before things went silent, and then… there was a flash of light, and after a few hours, she came back smiling again. Twilight said they solved their issues, but she never said what those issues were or even remembers them."

"…so she did wipe her memory," I whispered in disbelief which made Spike lean back in surprise. "She really did go so far…."

"W-Wiped her memory?! Princess Celestia?! She would never do that to Twilight!" Spike shouted as he grabbed me by the arms and growled. "What was it?! What did you say to her?!"

"…Spike…" I took a deep breath and lowered my head. "Everyone back in our world is… dead…."

"…what?" Spike whispered in shock. "D-Dead? H-How could they-"

"Spike, who controlled the sun and moon back home?" I asked, which slowly made his eyes widen. “Celestia and Luna did. When we left for Earth and came here, who was controlling them then?" There was a long and painful silence between the two of us until I continued to hammer it home. "Nobody. No other creature I know of is powerful enough to wield the sun and moon. That means… it's been in the same place since we left it fifteen years ago. Every creature that has ever existed is gone. Burned to death or frozen into statues. All except those of us in Equestria."

"…oh-no…" Spike whispered, slowly going green. "Z-Zecora… Little Strongheart… G-G-Gilda… even Queen Chrysalis and the changelings… G-Garble and all the dragons… the dragons…" Horror spread across Spike's face as he let out a tiny wail like that of a wounded child. "I'm… I'm the last…."

"I'm sorry," I whispered as I started shedding tears. "I'm so, so sorry…."

Spike quickly went for my toilet and started puking his guts out while sobbing without end. I rushed over and started soothing him by rubbing his back as he continued to wail. I was surprised Spike wasn't breathing fire in rage and burning the entire room down, but I guess he was subconscious to know that I was in it. He continued to lose his lunch while shedding tears at a near endless pace before finally he turned around and grasped me with his arms.

The two of us just sat there, holding each other as the only two beings who know a horrible secret. A secret where the lives of millions or even billions are on our souls because of our actions as a nation. All in following one princess who decided to play god.

"I'll kill her…." Spike growled as all his teeth showed up in a snarl, and his eyes began to fill with rage. "I don't care if they take me down as well. I'm going to kill Celestia and burn. Her. Soul!"

"Spike, no!" I shouted as I forced him to look at me. "You won't stand a chance against her! And I'm not going to have you lose your life in something so futile!"

"But she has to pay! For everything!" Spike shouted before screaming and punching the wall so hard it left a full fist mark. "Everything we've done… I knew… I fucking knew it was wrong! Why?! Why is she doing this?!"

"…I don't know," I said, shaking my head. "It doesn't matter…what matters is that Equestria has to surrender, Spike. Princess Celestia has to be stopped, but nobody, save maybe Twilight, is powerful enough to defeat her in Equestria. It's going to take all of humanity to stop her. They need to know what she's planning with the Elements. I don't know if it will work or not, and I sure as hell am not going to use my Element of my own free will…but if they find some way to force me…or get me to do it…the humans need to know so they can counter-attack it."

"…can't I just break you free?" Spike asked desperately. "At least let me get you out of here!"

"I doubt I can just get out of here on my own or even with just your help," I state as I start to pace around. "No doubt there are so many guards, alarms, and magical defenses that we wouldn't stand a chance to get out quick enough before Twilight and Celestia arrive to stop us. We'd stand no chance against them."

"But there has to be something I can do!" Spike shouted with a huff.

"…there is something you can do, but it would mean betraying Equestria…." I whispered as my gut told me I could trust Spike now. "That means Princess Celestia and Twilight."

"Buck. Celestia." Spike snarled. "That bitch can go buck herself. As for Twilight…" Spike closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Celestia manipulated all of us, Fluttershy. That includes Twilight. She wiped away Twilight's memory. She killed everything we once treasured and loved. I'm doing this to save Twilight. If not from Celestia, then at least from herself."

Taking a deep breath, I slowly nodded. "There is a member of the resistance that has been in Canterlot since the beginning. She's been our best pony for information and news. She has the means to contact us back in the human world via a magic communication mirror. If you can get to her, tell her where I am and what's going on, the resistance and the humans will know, and maybe they can do something. I don't know if they'll arrive in time, but it's our best chance." I then grab his shoulders. "After that, you need to run. Flee Canterlot. Fake your death if you have to like so many of us leaving Equestria did. Because if Celestia finds out, there will be no stopping her trying to kill you."

"…okay," Spike whispered, nodding his head. "I guess I'm part of the resistance now, huh?"

"Guess so. Welcome to the team," I said with a slight chuckle. "The mare you need to speak to is Sassy Saddles."

"Wait, the one who runs Rarity's shop branch in Canterlot?" Spike asked in awe. "She's a member of the resistance?!"

"Yes," I said with a smirk. "Sassy is one of our best informants and spies. When you go to her shop, ask if she has "Anything that's a mix of blue and green, but not purple," and she will ask, "Is this for a friend or a lover?" That's when you say, "Actually for my cousin in Van Hoofer. She's getting married soon." And she'll know that one of us sent you."

"Okay, got it. I'll just tell the others I went to go get some gems since I'm low on stock," Spike said as he drew me in for a hug. "I'll do everything I can to get you free. Just be careful… Princess Celestia says she has some kind of secret weapon to get you to comply if Applejack doesn't get through to you."

"Do you know what it is?" I asked, worried.

"No, but I do know that it's so secret that only Twilight knows of it, and she won't even tell me," Spike whispers before kissing me on the forehead. "Look, in case something happens, and I don't see you again… you're an amazing mare, Fluttershy. Maybe the bravest one ever for all you've done. And I hope, when this war ends, we can be friends again."

I wipe a tear from my eye before kissing Spike on the cheek. "We've never stopped being friends, Spike."

Nodding, Spike made for the door and left while shutting it behind him with one last look at me. I sigh and sit down on my cot. I don't know if Spike will get help for me in time, but I have to do my best to hold on. At least there is the comfort that one of my friends is on my side.

***

When I wake up, there is a knock on my door. I slowly get up and wonder if this is Applejack or my meal for the day. When it opens, I see a familiar orange pony walk inside with a stoic expression on her face. Sighing, I get up and face her to get this over with.

"Applej-"

Before I could even finish, she bucks me face first with both her rear hooves.

Author's Note:

Yeah, I gave Fluttershy as break...and then came in AJ to break something lol.

As always, please check out the NegotationsVerse TV Tropes Page and help fill it in: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/TheNegotiationsVerse