• Published 4th Sep 2012
  • 8,572 Views, 383 Comments

Left 4 Dead in Equestria - Pegasi will rule



The three main survivors are about to become the three MANE survivors!

  • ...
25
 383
 8,572

Separate ways

Separate Ways

"Now, remember," Luna began, going over the plan once more. "You are going to need to get creative with no weapons. How well are you at hoof to hoof, er, hand to hand combat?"

Francis smiled and cracked his freshly reacquired knuckles. "Don't worry, lady. I think we can handle a few walking idiots without weapons for a while."

"How far away from her position are we going to land?" Louis asked curiously as he adjusted his tie straighter. Luna smiled.

"Only half a mile, if I got the portal right. I do hope you're okay hoofing it to the destination." She said coyly.

"Well, let's just hope she's in a safe place. You idiots ready?" Zoey asked, taking a step towards the portal. The others joined her. Francis took one look back at Pinkie Pie who gave him a small wave. Francis gave her a salute and was the first to step through the portal.

"We'll be back with your princess. Don't you worry!" Louis shouted as he jumped through. Zoey looked back at all the ponies staring at her, then back to portal.

"I can't believe I'm going back there... When this is over, I'm retiring and no one is aloud to bother me. You got that?" She asked pointing to each of the ponies. They nodded vigorously as she turned back around. "Game on." And with that, she jumped through the portal.


"One beat, two beats, three beats..." He counted his heartbeats. They were slow, but they were there. "Just stay hidden, and they'll go away eventually. They'll leave"

He watched them as they continued gnawing on the carcass of the Tank, frenzied by the Boomer bile covering its body. "If I'm quiet enough, I can slip away... I can escape."

He fell off the wall, feeling like he'd vomit if there was anything in his stomach to throw up. He crawled as silently as he could, making his way to the door on the far end of the room. He brushed the handle and slowly pulled the door open, only to have another wave of zombies join the current in their feeding.

He held his breath, then crawled into the stairwell, climbing up the stairs, trailing blood the entire way up. He fought the cold that was taking his body as he climbed, one floor, then two, then three.

"Loner?! Oh, no, Loner!"

Loner looked up, seeing Celestia standing over him. "T-Tia! What the fuck are you doing here!?" He whispered harshly. The woman put her rifle down and knelt by his side.

"I didn't go with them. They left to start their lives elsewhere. I believe they said, 'the planes of the southwest'? Either way, I couldn't leave without you." She squeezed his hand and helped him against the wall.

"Tia, you don't owe me anything... You should have left." He rasped.

"I can't leave you. You're too important to me..."

"You owe me nothing!" He hissed.

"Loner, you pig headed idiot! It's not because I feel I owe you... It's... It's..."

"What?!" Loner yelled, only to have Tia kiss him, deeply, passionately. She pulled away, a look of disbelief on her face. "Oh..."

Celestia smacked him across the face and kissed him again. "You're such an idiot... Do you know now?! It's because I love you!"

Loner smiled and shook his head. "Love isn't going to save us, Tia. We're now stuck in an overrun military complex, we have no way of escape, and I can't walk."

Tia smiled and draped his arm across her shoulder. "That is what you do for somepony you love, isn't it? Now, we should move. What do you say? I carry your sorry flank, and you shoot?" She asked, handing him her rifle.

Loner picked up the M-16 and racked a round into the chamber. "Let's go, Tia..."


Francis, Louis and Zoey fell out of the portal onto the soft, plush floor of the woods. Zoey looked back up to see Luna leaning a head out, smiling impishly.

"Sorry, I should have warned you it'd be quite a drop." She chuckled awkwardly. Francis groaned and flipped her off.

"Yeah, whatever. Which way?" He asked. Luna pointed a hoof out in the direction they needed to go.

"That way. Now remember, the portal will only stay open for an hour. After that, I don't know if we'll have the power to open it up for a long, long time."

Louis nodded. "Don't worry. An hour is nothing. We'll get Celestia and be back in time for dinner."

"And we better get a stake for this!" Francis shouted as Luna went back into the portal. The trio stood and began their trek through the forest.

"Hey, Zoey? What's with you and that big red guy?" Francis asked after about ten minutes of silence. Zoey rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Seriously, Francis? Nothing. What's going on with you and Pinkie? I know what you two did when you ran off." She growled, wiping sweat from her eyes.

Francis snorted. "Yeah? Well at least I'm man enough to admit it. Come on, do you like him?"

"Kinda. He's nice. Why do you care?" She asked.

Francis smiled. "Because, we're a family, kid. You may not think I care about you guys, but you're the closest people I can call home. So shut up, ask that red guy out, and stop beating around the bush. Not like we're going to stay like this forever." He said, gesturing to his body. "I kinda like being a pony. Feels cool."

"I see nothing wrong with it." Louis put in. "I mean, If the human race is gone, might as well adapt to the one world that'll take us."

"Alright, ladies. Shut up and get a load of this." Francis yelled, looking down at the overrun courtyard beneath them. It was an utter disaster zone! Infected were consuming the bodies of soldiers, as the special infected roamed around aimlessly, planting themselves as watches all over the compound. "Three of us, hundreds of them, and we have no guns." Francis chuckled.

"I feel sorry for the poor bastards." Zoey smiled, cracking her knuckles. She slid down the embankment and ran low to the ground. Louis and Francis followed a second later, following her lead.

"Okay, I see a few bodies over there." Louis pointed out the half devoured corpses. "If we can reach them and get their weapons, we should be okay."

"What about those super freaks?" Francis asked, pointing out a few Smokers running along the rooftops. Louis shrugged.

"Well, we just have to hope we get to the weapons first. Don't tell me you're scared." He shot back, chuckling at the tough biker.

"Louis, you're an idiot. Do you know who you're talking to?" He asked proudly.

"Cupcake making champion?" Zoey snickered, making Francis' eye twitch uncontrollably.

"Fuck. You. Both! I need to hit something." He grunted running into the courtyard. An infected saw him walking over and snarled, taking fast strides towards him. "Hey, you ugly piece of shit! Do you know who you're messing with?!" He yelled, punching the zombie in the face. It fumbled and fell to the ground, where it quickly met the heal of Francis' boot.

The three ran to the bodies of the soldiers as fast as they could. Lucky for them, a few M-16's were strewn about. They plucked them up in time to see every zombie on the field running towards them.

"Well," Francis smirked, racking a round into the chamber. "I bet I can kill more before I die!"

Zoey smiled and picked off a Smoker who got a little too cocky. "I'm already ahead of both your asses."


The woods trembled, creatures fled, and nothing but death was left in the horrible beasts wake. It needed to eat again, seconds after its last meal. It hurt like no pain it could imagine. It let out a thunderous roar as it came towards the end of the long woods.

There. Lights. A town!

The tank roared to the night, thumping its massive hands against its bulky chest. It thundered down the path as fast as it could, the town slowly approaching.

Then it heard the screams of terror. It's food was scared. Scared food always tastes better. He ran through the town, coming upon a pony that had fallen. His meal.

He brought his massive fists down, smashing the stallion in front of him. The snapping of bones echoed through the cold of the night. Citizens ran as fast as they could, fleeing the town for their lives. The Tank gobbled up what bits it could fit in its mouth, then carried on.

The town was quiet, still. The monster roared angrily, realizing its food had left. It had to find them, it had to feed! He thundered down the path after his pray. He could still smell them, and they were still close...


Tia gasped and fell to the floor just outside the stairwell, dropping Loner against the wall. He grunted in pain and rubbed his leg, which was now blackened with bruises.

"Oh... Come on, Loner... You can carve your kill count into your body, but you can't take a broken leg?!" Tia gasped angrily.

"Come on, Tia... You're strong. I know, I helped you get this way." He smiled. Celestia punched him in the arm and sat by his side.

"How did you turn a peaceful Princess into a coldblooded killer?" She asked, kissing his arm in the spot she hit him. Loner put his finger under her chin and kissed her gently on the lips.

"How did you turn a coldblooded killer into a caring man?" He shot back, chuckling.

"Hmm... I guess we'll never know. Now, let's get up. I don't think we should stay in one place for too long." She pointed out, hefting the man up.

"Hold on... I got an idea." He said, entering the door labeled 'garage' across the way. Tia followed him curiously. He was rummaging through draws and part piles. He came out with a wide metal pole and a roll of duct tape.

"I'm making a peg leg." He chuckled when he saw her curious expression.

"A... peg leg? That's your brilliant idea? Really, I don't mind carrying you." She said, a little peeved.

Loner noticed the tinge in her voice and arched a brow. "Oh, you don't need an excuse to touch me, Princess." He said with a wink. Tia blushed and looked away.

"T-That's not what I meant. You're such a pig, Loner." She huffed, crossing her arms under her breasts. He noticed the slight push up she gave them and the flash of her eyes in his direction. He smiled deviously and hobbled over to her on his new peg leg.

"It seems someone is a little... wanting?" He asked. Tia blushed further, but didn't shy away as he got closer.

"T-This is hardly the place!" She gasped as he grabbed one of her large breasts. Her breathing becoming heavy.

"You're right." He whispered, letting go and walking away. "This is hardly for the here or now. We'll save it for later."

Tia began to sputter as she calmed herself down. "W-Why you... You're such a tease!"

Before Loner could answer, the crack of rifle fire echoed from outside. He quickly limped over to the door and smiled. "Well, looks like we got a couple of idiots trying to raid the place. Fools." He chuckled.

Tia sprinted over to the window and looked outside. "Wait... I know them! Those are the survivors who made it to my world! They found out how to get here!" She cheered her smile threatening to split her face. She turned to Loner and gave him a hug. "You're going to come with me, right?"

Loner looked around and shrugged. "Nothing left for me here." He chuckled, pulling out a cigarette. "Man, I haven't had one in hours." He sighed, taking a puff, only to be met by a disapproving stare from Tia. "What? My body."

She smiled and kissed his cheek. "Come on. Let's just go home. I want to make sure you're comfortable for the rest of your life."

Loner opened the garage door and sent off two rounds into the air. The survivors turned towards them and waved. "Alright, Tia. Let's go home."


Zoey reeled around at the cracks of rifle fire from across the way. Two figures were standing in the doorway, waving over to the trio. "Hey! I think I see her!" Zoey shouted, shooting a hunter mid-pounce. "And... Someone's with her!"

"She meet a friend?" Louis asked, smashing the butt of his rifle into a common's face. He looked over to see her holding his hand. "Oh, looks like he's more than a friend."

Francis smiled and fried two shots back. "HEY! GET YER SORRY ASSES OVER HERE! WE GOTTA GET YOU HOME!"

The two slowly made their way over, fighting off the infected that tried to bring them down. Although the person with Celestia was hurt beyond reason, he was the one protecting her.

"Huh, guess he is more than a friend." Francis chuckled. The two hobbled over, Celestia embracing the three in a hug.

"How did you get here!?" She asked, clearly surprised by their arrival. Francis pushed her off and coughed awkwardly.

"Your sister helped out with that one. Now, we have... twenty minutes until the portal closes? So why don't you move your sorry asses before-"

The five turned as the building behind them burst open. The same Tank that Loner left for the Infected roared as it flung an infected off of its bloody hide.

"Uh..." Loner stuttered as the creature locked its eyes with him. "I think he remembers me..."

Zoey wrapped the strangers other arm around her neck and opened fire on the hulk. "Come on! I want to get back so I never have to deal with one of these bastards again!"

The five ran, and ran; the Tank hot on their heels. Not only that, the sound of gunfire and the Tanks roars of defiance had drawn in a horde, who were coming in at all angles.

"The portal! We're home free!" Francis yelled. The portal, however, began crackling with light, shrinking ever so slightly. They all saw the Princess and the Elements, frantically waving them forward. Francis and Louis could easily make it, but Zoey and Tia, who had to lug Loner's sorry ass?

They wouldn't...

"Girls? Go."

Tia looked to her side as Loner shrugged both them off. Zoey eagerly ran through the portal as it shrank even smaller. Tia, however, stood her ground.

"No! We can make it, Loner! Just-" Loner cut her off with a kiss. There was no time for arguments, no time for it. He let her go and smiled.

"I love you..." He smiled, pushing her. She stumbled backwards and fell straight through the portal as it shut behind her forever.

Loner smiled and fell to the ground. The horde and tank intending on claiming their prize. The man smiled and reached into his bag, pulling out two makeshift explosives. He took one last puff of his cigarette and lit the fuses with the ember.

"Alright... I've redeemed myself, I think." He sighed, watching the fuses grow smaller and smaller. "How about you?"


Tia tumbled through and fell flat on the floor. Before anypony could even greet her or welcome her back, she tried furiously to run back through, but the portal had become the size of a bit, then, an instant later, disappeared forever. She fell to her battered knees, trembling, choking for air.

No one said a word, no one had to. They knew what had happened, they had watched it happen. The man, that brave man. He had kissed her, told her something, then gave up his life to save her. Twilight was the only pony who dared go up to her.

"P-Princess?" She stammered, her voice barely above a whisper. Tia continued to stare blankly at the spot the portal used to occupy. Nothing escaped her lips other than the squeaks of someone whose voice had long since escaped them.

It was hell. It was hell. She lived in it, breathed its horrible air. And the one angel she had found to guide her through the depths of pain and anguish had given up his life for her. "Because that's what you do when you love somepony..." She whispered, balling her hand into a fist, then smashing it on the cold, wood floor.

Twilight recoiled and took a tentative step back. "P-Princess... Please, talk to us." She begged. Celestia turned quickly to the others, then back to her student.

"Please... Don't call me 'Princess'... I-I don't want to be called Princess." She rasped, trying to reclaim her voice. Twilight took a seat by her side, hoping to show her some form of comfort, no matter how useless it might be.

"What do you want me to call you? You are the Princess and you can never forget that." She said, holding her teacher.

Celestia sighed. "I have realized how insignificant I am in the grand scheme of things... How utterly useless I can truly be... I was nothing when I got there. He could have left me, he could have let me die on the road that night... But he didn't. I was at the mercy of deranged thugs, animals who slaughtered others just to survive another day... Do you want to know what I learned?" Twilight nodded. "I learned that life can take a lot from you, but it can also give... And that's what Loner did. He gave by taking his own away." She sobbed out the last part as she crumpled to the floor.

Before anyone could say anything else, a lone guard bolted through the door of Celestia's chambers. "My Princess! Something dreadful has happened!" He shouted, his voice tinged with the presence of fear.

"Dear guard, calm yourself! What is thy problem?" Luna asked, approaching the fear riddled stallion.

"M-My Princess... A monster! A horrible monster! I-It's killed, destroyed everything in its path!"

Francis' eyes widened. "A monster? What did it look like?"

The stallion tried furiously to recompose himself. "I-It looked... kind of like you."


Author's Note:

And here's where I pick my sorry flank up off the floor and finish this goddamn story. I need time for the others, and lets face it, this thing has collected dust long enough. Hopefully will be finished by the end of the week, who knows, we'll see. Anyways, enjoy the feels this chapter brings, and just remember...
Anything can happen.