• Published 4th Sep 2012
  • 8,571 Views, 383 Comments

Left 4 Dead in Equestria - Pegasi will rule



The three main survivors are about to become the three MANE survivors!

  • ...
25
 383
 8,571

For all it's worth

Chapter 15: For all it's worth

"Hey, Zoey?" Big Mac whispered, rousing the mare from her slumber. Zoey mumbled something incoherent and rolled over, wiggling into a comfortable position. Big Mac chuckled and shook her again. "C'mon now, Miss Zoey. It's supper time."

Zoey hummed a yawn and rolled over, opening her beautiful eyes and gazing sleepily up at Big Mac. She smiled and wrapped her forelegs around his neck, pulling him into the bed. "Hmmm... Can't dinner wait?" She mumbled.

Big Mac stroked her mane and smiled. "Well, Ah suppose it can wait fer now... Say, where are yer pals?" He asked curiously. Zoey inhaled sharply and frowned.

"They're... off with Princess Celestia, dealing with... an old friend." She sighed. Big Mac raised a curious brow.

"Dealin' with an old friend? What's that mean?" He asked. Zoey snuggled closer to Big Mac. It seems this conversation was hurting her a bit.

"When we came here, we had a... fourth person with us. But, he wasn't of... the lively type. He was dead." She said bluntly. Big Mac nodded in understanding. "We were heading to the islands in the Florida Keys. We were gonna give him a proper burial there, but that rogue wave put a hindrance on our escape. I thought the boat was lost when we washed up on shore, but I guess it, and Bill, made it to Equestria. And apparently he changed."

"Changed how? Ah thought he was dead." Big Mac seemed a little confused. Zoey just sighed and hugged him tight. Big, loveable, and a little slow. Just the way she liked it.

"Zombies, Big Mac. That's what our world was full of. Undead freaks, ready to tear your arm out of its socket and feast on your entrails." Big Mac looked disturbed to say the least. "All four of us were immune. But, apparently when an immune dies, they can come back. And Bill came back in a big way..."

Big Mac's eyes widened. "Is that tha monster that's rampagin' in the east?!" He asked, shocked. Zoey shrugged.

"I don't know. I couldn't bring myself to find out... It has to be him, but... I can't face my friend like that... The man who became a father to me..."

Big Mac brought her face up. "Zoey. Yer a strong mare. Yer family is out there now, facing a friend who became a monster. How can ya let them do that by themselves? Ah'm sure they want the whole family together ta say goodbye ta one of their own."

Zoey sniffled and looked away. "I-I don't know... I couldn't do it! I just can't face Bill like that! He's like my goddamn father! I can't see him like this!"

Big Mac gave her a stern look. "Zoey, Ah was never able to say goodbye to mah father. Or mah mother for that matter... Ah would have given anything ta say goodbye to them, one last time..." Zoey could hear the sadness in his voice. She huddled closer to him, hoping to ease his pain. "Zoey... Ya have the chance to say goodbye one last time... Even if he is a monster now, ya can still tell him all the things you never were able to."

Zoey looked up into Big Mac's eyes and moved forward slowly. Their lips met in a kiss to help ease both of their pains. Zoey knew Big Mac was right. But, how could she catch up with them? Did they already do the job? Was Bill already dead... again?

"How do we catch up to them?" Zoey asked, pulling away. Big Mac smiled.

"Ah know a mare who can help us with that..."


Celestia stared out the window, her hand under her chin in thought. All the familiar sights of her kingdom felt so alien to her. She was used to nothing but silence, tall buildings, and...

"Why did you have to stay behind?"

The chariot jostled again in the turbulent winds. Celestia barely flinched; just continued to look out the window, still lost in thought.

"Don't you realize what you meant to me? Where could our lives have brought us?"

"Princess?" One of the Pegasi pulling the chariot called out. "We're approaching Manehatten. We'll set down by the woods just outside."

Celestia didn't reply. "I loved you... I wanted to spend my life with you... Why did you have to die?"

The chariot set down just outside of the forest a few miles from Manehatten. The guards quickly flew away once the three were out. Francis and Louis scanned the woods, while Celestia just walked right in. Francis looked to Louis and grinned.

"Well, she certainly has some balls." He said, following. Louis joined a second later, making sure his rifle was ready to go.

"Francis, we gotta make sure she doesn't do anything to crazy. She lost someone she really loved. And if she ends up getting herself killed out here, then the whole kingdom could be in an uproar. It'd be chaos!"

Francis nodded. "We'd be leaving one crazy world and tradin' it for another. Boy, that'd suck."

"Hey! You idiots better keep up!" Celestia called out through the forest. "You don't want to miss the fun, do you?"

Francis and Louis sprinted towards her, coming into a light clearing. The moonlight making the space glow in a slight light. The illumination adding an eery feeling to the situation. Celestia was on the ground, investigating a pool of blood.

"It's been here. and recently" She said, raising back up. She looked through the woods, as if she could see through the flora. She raised her rifle in the air and fired a single shot.

The crack echoed through the forest and the surrounding area. Francis and Louis were on edge, while Celestia stood stoic. She'd been in countless battles and wars in history, but nothing was more personal than this fight. This was the most emotional, trying experience she'd ever encountered. And she'd never been more ready for the unknown that lay ahead.

"Did you hear that?" Louis whispered, leveling his rifle. Francis followed suit, followed by Celestia. Indeed, a distant thumping could be heard in the distance, drawing closer and closer to the trio. "This is it..." Louis sighed. "I can't believe we're taking down Bill."

The thumps drew closer.

"Hell, it isn't Bill anymore." Francis chimed in. "Still, it's gonna suck."

Closer...

"You two, don't hold anything back. He isn't the person you once knew. This is a monster; a monster that already killed one of my subjects. Get ready."

The hulk roared and burst through the foliage. It thumped its fists on its gigantic chest and glared at the three humans staring it down. It reared back and let out a mighty roar.

"ZOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY!!"

The hulk charged forward. Francis and Louis got out of the way, while Celestia stood her ground. "Your kind destroyed an entire world,"

Closer...

"-hurt my friends,"

Closer...

"-and killed the man I loved!"

Fist raised, ready to strike...

Celestia rolled as the fists came down, placing a crater in the earth where she once stood. "But, you will not. Take. ME!"

Author's Note:

Eh, this on is a little short, but I wanted to leave it that way for the action that is to come! :D So, it's one more chapter after this one.... or maybe two. We'll see. And keep your eyes open for the Epilogue. It'll hold a nice little story. ;3 See you all next time. Hopefully a few days. Been real busy with school and whatnot. So, see you soon!