• Published 1st Mar 2021
  • 212 Views, 0 Comments

The Future: After the End - StelsunDarkstar



The life of the little colt Winder and his mother, Violett.

  • ...
 0
 212

Chapter 5

Author's Note:

For now this will be the last chapter!!
Why?
Because, in case some of you don't know, i'm putting this story on a hiatus for some time!

(I'll remove this note once the hiatus is no more!!)

Today it was Friday! The last school day for this week.
Violett got up, did her first three morning chores and made breakfast. Carrot dogs. Because, there wasn't much, so she made carrot dogs again. She ate one, two carrots, and then, finally got upstairs to her son's room, to wake him up.
"Rise and shine, sweetheart! Time for breakfast and school!" Violett sang with pure morning joy. The little colt got up and started to rub his eyes, because Violett opened the blinds and his room was filled with the bright sunlght.
"Moring mom.." Winder walked downstairs, and sat on the couch. His mother sat on the ground beside him, smiling innocently. "What's with the joy today, mom?"
"Well... I decided to start this day with little bit more joy than before!" Violett said with visible joy in her voice. "The carrot dogs are ready, make sure to eat, because breakfast is really imprtant, you know?"
"Yeah, i know." Winder answered, while still being a little tired. He ate two carrot dogs drank a glass of water and got ready for school.

"Alright mom, i'll see you later!" The colt said as he was prepared to exit his home. His mother looked at him with a questionable look.
"Huh? Wh- Wait, where are you going?"
Winder looked at her blankly as he answered her.
"To school..?" His mom continued staring at him, until Winder remembered what he was told like a day ago. "Ohh, yeahh.. Sorry mom, i'll wait for few more seconds!"
"That's my son!" She said with a smile. "No need to wait, just stick with me and make sure," She opened the door of their home." make sure to not get lost this time!"
Winder nodded. "Okay, mom."

Both ponies walked away from their home, cause it was time for Violett to take her son to the schoolhouse.
They walked for about a minute or two.. actually it took them about ten minutes to get to the school, where Winder got dropped off.
"Here we are, Windy." Violett patted her son on the shoulder as she wished him a great day. Then, the bell ringed and Winder entered the schoolhouse. Violett felt relief in her chest, with the knowledge that her son is in safe place now and that there will be nobody who can hurt him.

When Winder opened the classroom door, he realized that he entered class just in time. Cheerilee, his teacher was just about to start another lesson.

"Oh, you came just in time.." The teacher paused, because she forgot his name. Cheerilee then checked the school book, where all the students names were written. "Winder! Now, hence we're about to start, why don't you take a seat?"

"Thanks.." Winder asnwered and quickly took a seat.

"Ahem!" The teaching pony cleared her throat. "Now, our lesson for today is "When and Why did the unicorns banned the 'Spell for Creating Hologrammed Wings for The Unwinged'!""

Skipping an hour or two, it was time for a short twenty minute break. The fillies and colts were out in the playground, playing their games.
Winder meanwhile was just sitting on the bench, without bothering anyone. Then, he noticed that all of the ponies in the area, including the teacher, have entered the schoolhouse again. The colt felt stupid, because nobody informed him that they're starting.

When he entered, Cheerilee shat closed the door behind him. Winder looked at the mare, she looked worried, then he glazed at the other fillies and colts. They looked even more sad.

"Okay! Can someone tell me what is happening??" The colt shouted out of pure confusion. All the ponies in the building looked at eachother and didn't say a thing. Until the teacher spoke up.

"I got a message that there's something coming towards Ponyville. Something mysterious and.. powerfull, something that only Queen Twilight can probably stop! I thought that it'll be better to evacuate you all now, just in case. Right now, i'll make sure to call everybody's parents, including yours, Winder."

Winder's eyes got wider. He was panicing from the inside, but still, he kept calm from the outside. He didn't know anything about powerfull things, he somehow wasn't even fully aware of Twilight's existence. And now, some unknown powerfull force was coming for Ponyville to attack and the one and only queen, the same one living in Canterlot, with all the fancy creatures, was coming, to save the small town.

"This is a queen.." Winder's mind spoke. "One that does her job better than a royal guard does.. how does this even work?!"

Before he knew it, everyone in the classroom was gone, even Cheerilee. Winder was the only one waiting for his parent.
The colt was getting bored of waiting, which is what led him to run outside, to search for his mother and tell her everything that happend today, like he always did.
He galloped thrue the town, continuing on searching for Violett. Then he finally found her in their home. Violett pulled her son inside the house and locked the door.

"I heard the news, Winder." The mare hugged her son tightly. "I'm so glad that we're all okay."

After a long hug, the mother mare decided to look thrue the window. Everyone have locked themselfs inside their homes, and Canterlot was surrounded by a some sort of magic wall, glowing in pink color. Then, Violett noticed that the background around looked kinda pinkish, but more paler looking. Yes, Ponyville, Canterlot, and probably even many more places were protected by the powerful wall-shield, created by the magic of Queen Twilight Sparkle.
Then, out of nowhere, Winder decided to ask his mother several questions.

"Mother? Do you know who 'Queen Twilight' is?"

Confused, Violett turned around, facing her son.

"You don't know?" She then paused and thought something to herself. "UGH!! How could i forget about telling my own son about the Queen's existence??"
Then, after she was done thinking, she continued on telling him.

"Queen Twilight is one of the most powerful alicorns in Equestria. Many bad faces were reformed or destroyed by her power! In the early days she needed her friends and the Elements of Harmony, but many years ago, they got shattered by the first ruler of the Crystal Empire, King Sombra. I'm still surprised that they actually did defeated him afterwords.. After that, many other things happend, she and her friends turned other three bad guys into stone or something else.. Even to this day, the statues this exist, in the gardens of Canterlot. But now... we won't be able to go there, as we're in this.. dangerous situation."

Winder looked at his mother, in a sad way.
What if this new powerful force won't be stopped? What if something bad happends? What if that force is able to kill?! What if we all just die?!!

"Mom, is there a place where we're sure that we won't die?"

"I guess so.. If i'm not wrong, there were some caves under Canterlot.."

And then an idea popped up. Violett decided that it'll be better to hide herself and her son in the caves, where this force couldn't do anything to them.

"THAT'S IT!! We're going to Canterlot!"

"But we won't be able to, mom!" Winder reminded her. The wall around the town wouldn't let them go.

Violett looked out of the window again.

"Unless, i call a unicorn friend that we know, tell them to use teleportation and invisible magic, and transport us into the caves! I'm smart, aren't i?"

Winder didn't know what to do, but nod in agreement. The mare smiled, and hugged her little colt once again.

"We'll be safe, sweetheart! I promise!"

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment