• ...
18
 12
 985

Phantom’s New Life: Part Two

Danny flew through the air over the town, heading towards the forest. “Why am I trusting a random voice?” He asked himself.

"You're going the wrong way." The voice said. "You're heading to the Everfree forest, not White Tail woods."

He stopped in mid-air. “Give me a break. I have never been here, I have only been conscious in this area for maybe a few hours.” He said to the voice trying to recognize it. “Which way am I supposed to go?”

"Go to the left, and keep flying until you see white Birch trees." The voice stated.

Danny sighed and frowned as he flew to the left. He saw some people around so he turned himself invisible. “This better not be a trap. Then again who have I pissed off enough to set a trap except that beetle guy?” He asked himself.

"It is not, I am trying to help." The voice said as a low chattering noise filled his ears as he approached White Tail Woods. He soon heard screaming and shouting followed up before he noticed two young girls huddled together. What was in front of them made his eyes widen, it was a scorpion that looked made of stars.

His eyes widened as he gulped. “Oh crap, is that a star beast?” He said out loud and saw its tail lift up to attack. “Damn it!” He flew down as fast as he could, before grabbing the two girls and turning the three of them intangible but also pushing all three of them back through a tree.

"W-what was that?" One of the girls asked, she had slightly tan skin and purple-ish hair with a few small crystals on her shoulders.

"H-how are we alive?" The other asked, a pale girl with pink and dark purple hair asked.

“I saved you, now run back to town.” Danny said to them while he stayed invisible. He stood up and moved away from them as he watched the star beast.

"What was that voice?" The tan-skinned girl asked her friend as they ran out of earshot.

Danny shook his head and watched as the scorpions' eyes tracked them. “Not good, I am too tired from today to fight this thing.” He said to himself already panting.

"Need some help?" A different voice called over to Danny, his head snapping behind him as his eyes saw a six-foot man with brown hair and eyes, wearing a pair of black pants and a blue jacket with a 23 on it. His eyes were right on him, however, since he was invisible Danny knew that couldn't be able to see him.

Slowly moving to the right, Danny kept his eyes on the man “Who are you?”

The boy's eyes widened as the man's eyes followed his movement. "Names Dillan, a friend asked me to meet you to explain some stuff… Danny Phantom."

“How can yo-” He started to ask before getting cut off as the scorpion attacked right where he was, slamming him into the ground with its pincer. “Gah!”

Danny fell before he rolled over to fire an energy blast at the scorpion, but was shocked again when the man, Dillan, was holding the beast's claw and stinger in each hand, keeping them from slamming into Danny. "Explanations later, for now, let's keep this thing away from Ponyville." Dillan said, spinning around with the beast in his hands before throwing it a few feet away

“How on earth are you that strong?” Danny asked before he changed back to human form. “Damn it.”

"Training with a Frieza race from Dragon Ball Z." He said, looking at Danny. "Seeing as your Danny Phantom, I'm assuming killing it is out of the question?"

“I don’t care as long as it doesn't come back!” Danny said and ran behind a tree.

Dillan shrugged when Danny glanced back from behind the tree, as he removed his jacket and lifted up a blue watch. Danny could barely see it before he pushed his hand down on it and was replaced with a tall crystal being, one that lifted its hand just as the scorpion came charging right at Danny. A large diamond shard erupted from the ground impaling it through its gut, its blood and stomach sticking to the tip of the shard.

Danny’s eyes widened when he saw that. “Holy shit!”

"Hope it won't come back to get you." The crystal person said with a deep voice before a bright blue light engulfed it and Dillan was standing there again putting on his Jacket. "On the bright side, in my world star beasts' meat is very good so you should have some food or you could sell it."

“That could be tricky as I am supposed to be in a guest room at the Apple farm as I am temporarily under their care...until they find my parents…” Danny told him as he stepped out from behind the tree, reaching into his bag and grabbing one of the ghost rays.

"Wait, your parents?" He asked, confused. "You're not a Displaced?"

“What is a Displaced? And yeah I am only fourteen.” He tells him, keeping a hand on the ghost ray.

"Displaced are people that go 'missing' at comic conventions. Well… mostly. They get someone from someone and they end up in different versions of equestria with powers from whatever they got." Dillan explained to Danny.

“Oh, then I guess I am because I wasn’t originally Danny Phantom.” He explained to Dillan, before adding. “You aren’t going to force me back are you?” He asked, backing up.

Dillan laughed a bit. "Relax, displaced from what I've learned can't return home unless they know exactly where in the multiverse their earth is." He said before looking Danny up and down, his smile slowly becoming a frown. "Your energy feels like you've been hurt, not just physically but mentally. What happened?"

Danny turned his head away from him. “N-Nothing...I should leave. I need to get back before the Apples check on me and find the door blocked.” He said before trying to leave.

"Now hold on." Dillan said, grabbing Danny’s shoulder gently. "I may not know what's going on, but I'm a good listener, and as for the Apples. I have an idea." He said smiling as he put his arm around Danny’s shoulder like an old friend. "That is if you want to stay here and not have them looking for your family."

He looked down. “I...don’t want to go home.” Danny said quietly.

Danny heard Dillan sigh softly before he saw Dillan kneeling on the ground in front of the boy with his hands on Danny's shoulders. Looking up Danny could see him smiling softly as he nodded. "I know, if we do my idea you won't have to."

Danny sighed and hugged his bandaged arms. “Alright, anything is better than going back to him...”

A small green bean came into Danny's view as Dillan held it up, a small smile on his face. "Eat this, it'll heal you and give you back your energy."

Danny took it and looked at him confused. “How could a bean do that? And if I suddenly have no injuries it'll be suspicious.”

Dillan hummed and smirked, taking it back. "Good point…ok I'll give it to you later, for now, go back to the Apple farm and get Applejack and Applebloom to bring you to town. I'll handle the rest, you just have to play along ok?"

“Um...ok, at least you don’t have to shapeshift or whatever you did. The ponies in this world are humans.” Danny said before closing my eyes, transforming into a ghost again.

"Are you gonna be good to fly?" He asked. "I can tell you're low on energy." He said pushing his watch down again before shapeshifting into himself just with his muscles a bit bigger and an hourglass symbol on his shoulders.

“Maybe, I will just have to be fast.” Danny said before he started floating. “I don’t know where you came from...but if you are telling the truth about not forcing me home then...thank you.” He told him before he flew back to the farm, turning invisible for as long as he could, barely making it into his room before he changed back. “D-damn so tired…” Then there is a bang on the door making him gasp and curl up.

"Danny, ya ok in there?" Big Mac's voice called into the room.

“Y-yeah...” He called out, starting to get up and move the chair. “Um, who are you?”

"Big Mac, I'm Applebloom and Applejack's brother. They told me about you." He said.

“Oh, I never got a name.” Danny said as he opened the door. “Um, do you think Applejack and Appleblom could take me to town?” He asked him while shying away a bit.

"Shouldn't be a problem, ya need some stuff?" He asked.

Danny looked back at the room and then said. “I um...only have what I am wearing...sorry.”

"It isn't a problem, ahm sure Rarity can help ya." He said smiling.

“Ok, sorry for wasting your money.” Danny said, looking away from him.

"Ah kid, it ain't nothing." Big Mac said, putting his hand on Danny's shoulder. "Ya don't have ya worry ok?"

Danny flinched when Big Mac touched him and sighed. “Ok, c-can we go?” He asked as he started to shake.

"Are ya ok?" Big Mac asked him.

“Y-yes sir.” He said quietly while looking down.

"Ya don't need ta be afraid of me, ah won't hurt ya." Mac said.

“Sorry.” He said quietly and looked away from Big Mac.

Mac sighed. "It's alright, ah understand it'll take time ta trust me." He said walking away.

Danny slowly followed him and looked around waiting for Applejack or Applebloom. “Sorry, just...bad experiences with large guys like you.”

Mac nodded a bit, as Applejack walked in. “Hey Danny, how ya doing so far?” Applejack asked Danny, giving him a friendly smile.

“I am...ok, I guess but um…” Danny tried to tell her but he started feeling bad for taking up their time and money.

"He needs more clothes from Rarity." Mac said, holding up a bag of coins to Danny. "Ya can pay me back for it later ok?"

Danny stared at the bag before slowly taking it. “Th-thank you.” He looked over at Applejack. “Y-you don’t mind taking me to town do you?”

“Ah don’t mind at all.” Applejack replied.

Danny nodded and looked down. “Thank you.” He said softly before he started heading for the front door, just as Applebloom walked in, accidentally bumping into the boy.

“Oh sorry Danny! Didn’t mean ta bump into ya.” Applebloom said with a light blush.

“It's fine, I wasn't looking where I was going...” He told her and rubbed his arm. “Me and Applejack are heading into town.”

“Oh, you are? Mind if ah come?” Applebloom asked Danny.

“Um sure I suppose.” He said smiling a little bit. “Big Mac said something about a Rarity?”

“Oh yeah, she’s one of my friends, she makes clothes for a living, she even owns her own shop.” Applejack said with a smile.

Danny nodded as he knew that but had to keep up the act. “I see, well we should go so I don’t waste more of your time, Miss.”

“You can call me Applejack Danny, none of that old miss stuff.” Applejack said with a wave of her hand.

He nodded a bit and they headed out of the house. He stayed quiet for most of the trip but soon they made it to town. Danny noticed Dillan walking around, stopping people and speaking to them with a worried look on his face.

“I wonder what is going on over there.” Danny said softly.

Dillan's eyes glanced over at Danny before he quickly winked at the boy before going back to looking worried as he spoke to more people. Danny looked at Applejack. “Maybe we should see what's wrong?” He asked her.

Applejack nodded her head. “Good idea Danny, the guy looks worried.” Applejack said before we walked over to Dillan. “Excuse me, but is everything alright?”

Dillan looked at the three and sighed worriedly. "I'm looking for my nephew, I recently found out my brother wasn't… well treating him right. I haven't seen him since he was a baby, and my brother and his wife got in an accident… they're gone." He said, sighing sadly as Applejack looked at him suspiciously, but Applebloom seemed to buy the sob story.

Danny looked over at Applejack and Applebloom before asking Dillan. “What is his name?”

"Daniel, but everyone calls him Danny." Dillan said. "I'm really worried about him and I need to make sure he's okay, I've been going from town to town looking for him."

Danny's eyes widened a bit. “Danny? C-could it be me?” He asked himself.

Applejack placed a hand on his shoulder. “Now hold on there, we don’t know if he is meaning you, or if he is even tellin the truth.”

Dillan looked at her. "Aren't you Applejack? The element of honesty? I've heard you helped save Equestria from Nightmare Moon."

Applejack narrowed her eyes at that. “Now if ya are from out of town how do ya know that? It happened last night, and the princess hasn’t had time to tell the whole country yet.”

"It's all over town, I've heard about how you and your friends saved Princess Luna." He said, pointing over to a banister at a building that looked like a gingerbread house that said 'We saved Equestria party.' The banister was basic pink and had drawings of each of the main six with their names and elements.

Applejack looked over at it then sighed and frowned. “Still, how do ya know if he's the one you're lookin fer? And what do ya have planned to do if Danny here is the boy you are lookin fer?”

"I don't know honestly." He said, sighing while looking at Danny with a small smirk before it vanished, rubbing his head.

Danny closed his eyes when Dillan rubbed the boy's hair before frowning slightly. “Ah don’t know. Ah am responsible for him for now and something tells me you are hiding somethin.” Applejack said with her hands on her hips.

Dillan kept rubbing Danny's head before kneeling down. "Yeah, my… line of work is pretty dangerous. So even if he is my nephew I'd have to find someplace safe for him to stay." He said putting his hand on Danny's shoulder. "We're your parents' names Stan and Francine?" He asked, shocking Danny to the core.

Danny nodded his head, the shock clear on his face. “Y-yes those are their names.” He stared at Dillan, a small fear in his mind that he was here to take Danny back.

“They are?” Applejack asked surprised, then sighed. “So ah guess Danny here is your nephew, what do ya have planned now?”

Dillan smiled softly at Danny and hugged him gently, before standing up and sighing. "Like I said in my line of work...it's dangerous." He said as a large man with a kart walked up, the star beast scorpion dead on it. "As you can see, I hunt star beasts, and I don't want my nephew here to get in the middle of a fight and get hurt, he's been through enough…"

Applejack stared at the star beast and let out a whistle. “Ya beat that thing on yer own?” She asked.

“Wow! It is huge!” Applebloom said.

Danny nodded his head and added. “I have never seen one before.” Though Applejack looked at him after that.

Dillan chuckled, getting their attention again. "Well kinda, see I was fighting it when out of nowhere this huge crystal shard came out of the ground and impaled it." He told the truth, pulling it off the kart to show the hole in its stomach. "I'm planning on selling it for meat and using the money to find Danny somewhere safe to stay." He said, leaning on it as if thinking. "Though I don't know where to sell it."

"Oh, I have an idea!" Applebloom said excitedly but with a soft blush. "What if ya give us some of the meat and bits and Danny can stay with us! He already has a room!"

Applejack rubbed her chin. “That does sound like a good offer, hmm but if you want I have a better one. We are already watching over Danny, but if ya do the paperwork we can watch him full time and sell the star beast for ya, and give you and Danny the earnings.”

Dillan rubbed his own chin and fiddled with a small amount of beard on his chin that was growing. "Hmm. Well, I travel all across Equestria selling different meats and stuff, so I'll be traveling a bit..." He said smirking on the side of his face only Danny could see. "So how about this, we do that deal but give Danny all the profit from the beast and whenever I'm in town I can give you more to sell and you can keep… say half? It's a really rare and tasty meat so it should fetch a good price here."

“That is a very generous deal. Ah don't see any reason to refuse it. Let's take Danny here to the Carousel Boutique to drop him off so he can get some more clothes, and then you and I can go fill out that paperwork.” Applejack said.

Dillan nodded. "Sure. Though would you mind getting the paperwork? Like I said before I haven't seen Danny in a long time, I'd like to catch up before I leave again."

Applejack frowned. “Well, ya can bond with him after, ah need ya there as his living relative to give us permission to watch him.”

Dillan nodded. "Alright then, ya gonna be ok with the store owner by yourself?" He asked Danny.

“As long as Apple Bloom can show me where it is.” Danny said, with a nod.

Dillan nodded, before looking to the man that brought the kart and paid him some bits. "Thanks for the help."

"Not a problem." He said walking away.

"Where to?" Dillan asked Applejack.

“Ah’ll show ya the way.” She and Dillan head off, towards town hall if Danny remembered the town's layout right.

“Come on, I'll show ya to Miss Rarity’s place.” Applebloom said, then she started to run down the street causing Danny to run after her.

After the two ran for nearly ten minutes the two ended up at Rarity’s business and home. “N-never...going...to...run...again!” Danny said, through his panting breath.

“Oh quit yer belly achin it wasn’t that far.” Applebloom said before knocking on the door.

Blinking in surprise Danny notices the teen girl with pink and purple hair who was being attacked by the scorpion before, answer the door. "Rarity! It's for you!"

"Coming." Another voice said before Rarity pushed the door open more. "Really Sweetie Belle, must you shout?" She looked down at Danny. "Hello dear, how may I help you?"

Danny looked up slightly at her and said with a nervous tone. “Um, I need some clothes please?” He said before holding up the bag of coins Big Mac gave him.

Rarity took it and looked inside. "Of course, this will get you a week's worth of clothing, come with me. And your little friend is welcome to stay as well." She smiled as she and the teen, Sweetie Belle, moved out of the way.

Danny walked in and looked around. “Um...I hate to be a bother but I only have what I am wearing at the moment.” He told Rarity, while in the corner of his eye, he saw Sweetie Belle narrow her eyes at him as if she was thinking hard.

"Your voice sounds familiar, have I met you before?" She asked, raising an eyebrow, as Rarity was gathering clothes.

Danny shook his head and watched Rarity. “I don’t think so. I only recently got to town.” He told her a half-truth.

“He was in the hospital after ma sister found him in that old castle last night.” Apple Bloom said.

"Oh! I thought I recognized you!" Rarity said, looking at Danny. "I was there last night as well, I'm so glad you're ok. And judging from your accent you must be applejack's sister." She said looking at Applebloom

Apple Bloom nodded with a proud smile. “Ah sure am!”

Danny smiled softly and then looked at Rarity. “Thank you for taking care of me.”

"Oh, it's alright darling. No trouble at all." She said smiling. "Now please stand on the table and let me take your measurements, you two leave." She said to Belle and Bloom.

Danny stood up on the table. “Ok ma’am.” He said and watched as Sweetie and Bloom left. “Um if it isn’t too much do you think one of the shirts could be white with a red oval on the chest and red on the collar and ends of the sleeves?” He asked her.

"Of course darling." She said. "Please remove your clothes so I can take your measurements properly."

Danny frowned before slowly he took off everything but his boxers. “Ok, and I apologize for what you're going to see.” He told her, closing his eyes.

"Oh dear, you've had a rough time..." She said in shock as she saw his body, then slowly he felt a tape measure around his waist. "Oh, has anyone found your family?"

“Well actually apparently my uncle recently showed up in town but with his job, it's unsafe for him to take me in so he's going to let the Apples take care of me.” He told her letting her measure him not showing any signs of embarrassment at all.

"Oh, that's good, at least he'll know where you are." Rarity said smiling. "And that you're safe."

"No kidding." Dillan's voice said as he and Applejack walked in. "That paperwork wasn't so bad, and Applejack is having Big Mac work on selling the constellation beast meat now."

"And you are?" Rarity asked, raising an eyebrow. "And a constellation beast?"

Danny nodded and smiled a bit. “Yeah, apparently he hunts them.” He told her before he got off the table after she was done and getting dressed.

"Everything ok?" Dillan asked Danny as he playfully rubbed his head again.

Danny looked up at him. “Yeah, I just don’t like others seeing...my body.” He said and sighed.

Dillan nodded slowly and glanced at his arm. "You're hurt." He said looking worried, even though he already knew. Applejack gave him and Danny a look before she went to talk with Rarity.

Danny nodded and sighed. “Yeah, I am.” He watched them go over to a corner to talk. Then he looked at Dillan. “Getting hurt tends to happen when you live in an abusive family and have to fight ghosts with powers you don’t have control over.” He whispered to him.

Dillan chuckled and nodded as the two adult women came back, as he pulled out the green bean. "Here eat this, it's a special bean I imported. It has magic properties that will heal you completely."

Rarity's eyes widened. "My word, that must be expensive."

Danny looked at the bean before he took it and ate it. “I hope it doesn’t have any Blood Blossom pollen on it.”

“How does a fella like you beat those huge beasts?” Applejack asked.

"I used to live in the wild, which is why I didn't get to see Danny much. I had to develop a special magic to survive, it lets me manipulate crystals in the ground." Dillan said.

"And that was the crystal you said popped out of the ground, came from you then?" Applebloom asked, walking in with Sweetie Belle.

“That sounds cool.” Danny said, before looking at Applejack. “Miss Applejack, can I go hang out with my uncle for a while?”

"Of course." Applejack said with a smile.

He nodded and waved at the girls and women before walking over to the door. “Where do you want to go?” He asked Dillan.

"Let's go to the sugar cube corner, that place with the banister. They have great milkshakes." He smiled at Danny as he opened the door.

“Um ok.” Danny said, before starting to follow him. “Can we talk openly there?”

"As long as we're quiet." He smiled.

“I guess that makes sense.” Danny said before he frowned softly.

"You're worried about how I knew your parents' names right?" Dillan asked Danny, as he set his hand on the boy's shoulder.

“Among other things.” Danny said, looking over at him.

"I'll explain when we can be alone, we'll get some milkshakes from the sugar cube corner and head to a park I know of…. If it's in this dimension." Dillan told Danny as they got closer to the gingerbread house building.

“Dimension? Are you from the ghost zone?” Danny asked him in a whisper.

"No, another version of Equestria." He said, whispering to Danny.

Danny’s eyes widened. “Another Equestria?” He gasped and got closer. “How? What is it like?”

"Right now?" He asked, rubbing the back of his head. "Underwater, one of the villains from the show my powers are based off of kinda made its own alien that practically froze the planet. I beat it with the help of another Displaced character called Draco, a Charizard from Pokemon."

Danny scratched his head. “You said another Displaced, but what does someone who is lost have to do with saving the world?”

"I guess I didn't explain very well. All the people that went missing or lost. Are all in different versions of Equestria, some can be like from the show or some are like this one, human some are furry or bipedal ponies, and so on." Dillan said, smiling as he opened the door to Sugar Cube Corner.

Danny looked down thinking about what he said. The boy was so deep in thought that he missed him making an order, and he only snapped out of it when Dillan forced a cold glass into Danny's hand. “Huh?”

"I wasn't sure what you wanted so I got you a chocolate milkshake." Dillan said with a smile. "I guess what I told you made you think pretty hard huh?"

Danny nodded and sipped on the milkshake. “It did, so what else should I know?”

"Well, we can contact each other and summon each other through Tokens." He said holding out a small small egg with a blue hourglass on it. "This is my token, whenever you find one and aren't already next to the displaced that made it a message will sound out of it for you to hear their name and whatever else they add. If you want to make one, find something important to you and I'll send it into the multiverse. The original will stay with you." He said as the two approached a small park, while tapping his shoulder showing the same cylinder on his shoulder.

Danny nodded slowly and looked at the table. “I see.” He sipped on the milkshake. “Are the Apples a good family? I have only seen a few episodes. It was hard to watch a little girl's show in my home.”

"There's no one nicer that can look after you." He said, smiling softly. "They won't let anything happen to you, especially Big Mac. If he sees you as family, he'll go to the end of the world for ya."

Danny looked down. “That sounds nice, I just hope the ghosts don’t mess with them, especially the two I pissed off already.” He said, rubbing his face.

"Which two?" He asked Danny, raising an eyebrow.

Danny looked around before whispering. “Nightmare Moon and Beetlejuice.”

Dillan spits out his milkshake. "Beetlejuice!?"

Danny wiped the milkshake off his face, with an unamused look on his face. “Yes, I got damn lucky I could use my ghostly wail but it shorted out my powers.”

"Sorry, but… Beetlejuice is my favorite movie ever." Dillan chuckled.

Danny frowned slightly. “He tried to get a girl to say his name three times...while she was trying to jump off a roof.” He said leaning on his hands.

Dillan blinked. "Sounds more like the cartoon Beetlejuice, hope you gave him a good beating."

Danny shook his head. “I got choked, my arms got sliced, and then I got slammed into the ground.” He said, looking away. “I took a risk and tried to use an advanced power that I'm not supposed to get for ten years.”

"Sounds like you could use some combat training." He said. "If you want I can teach you some stuff."

Danny nodded and sighed. “I could but it can only take me so far.” He rubbed his head. “My powers are weak and unstable right now, it took the real Danny more than a week before he could somewhat reliably control his powers.”

"Probably longer seeing as the show didn't show every day as an episode." Dillan said. "And if you want I can bring you to my base back in my dimension. One of my displaced friends let me get a machine that can compact a year's worth of training into a day."

Danny rubbed his neck. “I guess so, as long as there is no actual time travel. I do not want to be on Clockwork’s bad side.” He said, before shivering.

"I mean in order to get back to my dimension there kinda is a bit of time travel but nothing big." He said, standing up. "Ready to go?"

Danny looked around nervously. “Um...I guess so, but if he shows up to stop us you are taking responsibility, not me.” He told Dillan, as he got up to follow him.

"Ok." Dillan said heading into the forest. Once the two got farther into the forest a bit, Dillan popped up his watch as a hologram of a clock with feet popped up. When he pushed it down in a blinding blue flash the clock was standing in front of Danny. "Zis is Clockwork."

Danny opened his mouth, holding up a finger before dropping it and closing his mouth. “Ok, what now?”

The clock reached up and turned the symbol on his chest before the gold on him became silver and he started floating with blue levitators. "Hold onto me." He said.

Danny walked over and grabbed ahold of his arm. “Alright, I am holding on.”

In a flash Danny was on the clock's back as they were flying through a void, hundreds of different colored rays of light flying past the two as they traveled out of a white one. “Are all those what I think they are?” He asked Dillan.

"Different displaced realities, and timelines yes." He said as they started approaching a blue one. "Zis is my dimension, and a warning zey are ponies here."

Danny nodded with a smile. “Honestly I think I'd be more comfortable around ponies than humans.” He said.

"Zat is understandable, I saw your last memories when I vread your mind." He said.

Danny lost his smile and frowned with a sigh. “I see, So what do we do now?”

"Vell for people training I'll need to be able to transform into a form like yours. So first Ve'll have to see Azimuth." He said as they arrived in a place Danny didn't recognize with small gray frogs with blue eyes.

“Uh.” Danny looked around and back at the strange being. “Where are we and who and what is that?” He asked, pointing.

"Vat never seen-" Dillan started before he became human again. "The show Ben 10?"

Danny shook his head. “I was lucky enough to be able to watch Danny Phantom. If my family caught me watching anything I was beaten with a belt or worse.” He told him.

“Human.” The frog being said under his breath with a bit of disgust in his voice.

He looked at Danny sadly and sighed. "Well, Ben 10 is about a boy who gets a watch that allows him to transform into aliens." He said, showing Danny his watch. "This is the ultimatrix, the third form of the watch."

“Huh neat.” Danny said before Dillan's watch started to beep. “Umm, Why Is it beeping?”

"It's attempting to scan your mutated DNA, but I need Azimuth to unlock that ability." He said. "Azimuth is the one who made the watches."

“That won’t hurt will it?” He asked him.

"No, it's completely painless." He said smiling as the two walked into a big building near them.

“Ok, I guess you can.” Danny said as he followed him.

"It'll help me train you, the watches automatically put basic ability understanding into me when I transform so it'll let me teach you the basics without you passing out." He said as the two reached a big room with two gray frogs looking at them.

"Dillan, is this another displaced?" The small gray frogs that looked like the boss asked.

"Yes Azimuth this is Danny, Danny this is Azimuth." He said smiling.

Danny waved at him. “Hello, sir.”

"Hello young one, I see you are a mutant." Azimuth said.

Danny rubbed his neck. “I guess you can say that. I am known as a halfa, half human, and half ghost.” He told him.

Azimuth nodded slowly. "Interesting, I'm assuming you wish for me to remove the failsafe from scanning mutants?" He asked Dillan.

"Yes please, I'd like to train him using the ability to gain basic information when transforming." He said as Azimuth held his chin in thought.

Danny continued to rub his neck. “Sorry if I am causing you trouble, sir.” He said, with a frown.

"It is no trouble, the more DNA the more information I gain." Azimuth said, hopping up onto Dillan's ultimatrix and fiddled with it. After a few moments, it beeped as a Yellow beam went over Danny.

Danny covered his eyes before it finished going over him. “If you say so. What happens now?” He asked.

"Now we can go to my Equestria and start training." Dillan smiled at the ghost boy.

“Alright, um thank you Mr. Azimuth.” Danny said to him, before walking over to Dillan.

"Fair well." Azimuth waved as he pushed a button before in a flash of light the two were in what looked like a base of some kind.

"Welcome to my home." Dillan said, walking over to a weird door, and pushing a button before it opened into a white room. "Come on in."

Nodding and following him into the white room, Danny looked around before asking. “What is this?"

"This is my Version of the room of spirit and time. Here we can train for a year's worth of time in a day. A day outside is a year in here." Dillan explained with a smile.

“Wow, I have never heard of anything like that.” Danny said, surprised something like that could even exist.

"Ah right, never seen Dragon Ball Z." Dillan said as he popped up a hologram of himself.

Danny shook his head. “I have seen Danny Phantom, my little pony, and myth busters that's it.” Danny told him. “Anything not deemed normal was forbidden and I had to sneak TV time.”

Dillan nodded as he was engulfed in a blue light again, his ultimatrix symbol now on his shoulder again. "Well you'd love it, if they have DVD players in your Equestria you can borrow my Dragon Ball Z and Ben 10 DVDs."

“Um ok, I can try to watch them.” Danny said, looking him over for any differences.

"All the scan actually did was mutate my DNA giving me the ability to become a half ghost." He said before a blue ring appeared around him, when it went above and below his body, he had become and looked similar to Dan Phantom from the Ultimate Enemy.

Danny blinked and pointed at Dillan’s forehead. “Why do you have a crystal on your head?”

Dillan blinked and reached up, rubbing the crystal. His eyes glanced at Danny, until he shrugged. "Might be a malfunction in the ultimatrix, I'll have Azimuth look at it later."

“Strange, ok well I suppose I should go ghost.” Danny said before he transformed with his white ring.

Dillan nodded, easily flying into the air. "Alright let's start with stamina for when you're flying!"

Danny nodded and floated up into the air. “Do I just float around or do you want me to fly around in circles?”

"For now just fly around to see how long you can fly." He said, Crossing his arms as he watched Danny closely.

Danny nodded and flew out into the white space around the building before starting flying around it, going as fast as He could. “Flying is thankfully one of the easiest powers I have.”

Danny quickly dodged an energy blast from Dillan, before he fired another one. "Good then see if you can fly while being attacked."

The boy's eyes widened as he dodged and weaved his energy beams while trying to go faster. “No no no no!”

"Whoa, are you ok?" Dillan asked, stopping his attacks. However, Danny didn't hear him as he started having flashbacks to his dad chasing him as his flying got more erratic. In an instant, Dillan flew up and suddenly hugged the boy holding him still as he looked at the child worriedly.

"Whoa, whoa it's ok." He said, holding him still.

Danny began panting and struggling weakly. “I’m sorry Dad, I’m sorry!” He said, in a panic. “I’ll change, I promise!”

"Danny, Danny!" Dillan said, making the boy look at him in the eyes. "It's ok! I'm not your dad!"

Starting to calm down, Danny looked around slowly before lowering his head. “s-sorry..”

"It's ok, I'm sorry I shouldn't have attacked you like that before trying to help you focus more." He said floating down to the ground. "Here, I'll teach you a way to help with your problems."

Danny landed next to him with his eyes on the ground. “Ok, sorry.”

"It's alright Danny, it isn't your fault. And I want you to know this won't solve all your problems, but it should help you focus." Dillan said, crossing his legs as he floated. "It's meditation, and you'll need to remember your father isn't here, he can't hurt you."

Danny sighed before he sat down like Dillan and watched him. “I know he isn’t…” Dammy told him and looked down. “But I only just escaped him.”

"I know, and it will take time. This is just an exercise to help you focus." He said, smiling softly at Danny.

Danny nodded with a weak smile back. “So what exactly am I supposed to do?” He asked Dillan.

"Just close your eyes and breathe slowly, clear your mind, and repeat after me." He said, closing his own eyes. "I am safe, he can't hurt me anymore."

Danny sighed before closing his eyes and slowly calmed his breathing as he started to say repeatedly. “I am safe, he can’t hurt me.”

After a long while his anxiety faded a little, as he started to feel calmer. "Better?" Dillan asked Danny.

Danny nodded a bit. “Yeah, thank you. I don’t know how it worked but thank you.” He said while looking at Dillan with a soft smile.

"It's a chant, a meditation that helps calm the mind." Dillan said, standing up again. "Ready to try again?"

Danny sighed softly and nodded, standing up. “Alright, more flying? Or am I going to dodge attacks?” He asked Dillan.

"Let's try dodging attacks again, hopefully we'll be able to get your training along more." He said smiling.

Danny nodded, breathing out before he took off into the air and focused on his flying. “Right, I am ready now.”

Dillan nodded, before firing another energy blast at Danny. He dodged Dillan’s attacks while staying in the air, but there were a few close calls. “It is a good thing you gave me that bean.” Danny yelled before he got hit in the chest and fell to the ground.

"Seems like you need to focus on paying attention." He said, chuckling.

Danny groaned and got back up. “Yeah yeah, can we work on something else?” He asked Dillan.

Dillan nodded, turning intangible. "Let's see how long you can go intangible."

Danny nodded and closed his eyes, continuing his training. His training continued for months. He worked on his flight, intangibility, invisibility, ghost rays, and even the ghostly wail. All this and some actual martial arts that go well with his powers. They also found out thanks to Dillan’s watch that Danny has magic inside him, and that he is not the same kind of human as on Earth.

They spent a few weeks working on his magic but it was very hard to control and the best he could do was throw large objects or create anti-ghost shields. Dillan also helped Danny grow less afraid of his father and with some meditation each day, he soon found he didn't have panic attacks as often. Eventually, Dillan decided that Danny needed to prove himself by fighting Dillan one-on-one before he would take Danny home.

Dillan over the months had also gained more skills with his ghost powers, even gaining the ghostly wail and even mastering it to a degree. His ice abilities had also increased a lot, as he got into a fighting stance

“Are you sure we need to fight?” Danny asked him, slowly taking a fighting stance.

"How do you expect to fight ghosts without experience?" Dillan asked him, firing off an ectoblast

Danny flew up and out of the way, before firing back a two handed blast. “I know that, I just don’t want to hurt one of my only friends.”

"Don't worry about me." He said with a genuine smile. "Even if I get hurt thanks to Albedo, and Azimuth making my ultimatrix I'll be fine when I turn back."

Danny nodded still unsure before he flew towards Dillan firing ghost rays at him as a distraction. “Alright, then I won’t hold back.”

Dillan smirked and flew at him, his face and smirk growing bigger like a movie fight as he spoke. "Good!"

Danny's eyes widened when Dillan charged him, rolling out of the way but he grabbed his ghost tail and threw him. “Oh shit!” He yelled as he spun out of control for a bit before he stopped himself and fired some ghost rays at him. “I need a plan.” Danny whispered to himself.

Dillan took in a deep breath, before unleashing a ghostly wail at Danny. His eyes widened as he quickly tried to put up an ecto shield and it held for a few seconds before he was blown away and landed on the ground changing back to human form. “Ow...”

"Sorry, but you never know if you'll run into Dan Phantom or Dark Danny." Dillan said.

Danny groaned and sat up. “God I hope not, but at least with this bit of training I have control of my base powers.”

"True." Dillan smiled as he returned to normal.

Danny stood up fully and rubbed his ass. “Thank you for the training and for using this room to do it. With all this time instead of only having my powers for a few days, I've now had them for months, which means my Ecto energy is a lot stronger than it was when I first arrived.”

Danny walked over to Dillan and smiled softly. “So now what happens?” He asked Dillan.

"I'll take you home and we'll make a token." He smiles rubbing Danny’s head playfully. "And if you need anything you can use mine to summon me."

Danny nodded with a smile. “Thanks again for filling me in on all this displaced stuff, um you wouldn’t happen to have other tv shows I could watch from time to time do you? Like I told you before, I never got to see much TV on earth.” He asked, and told Dillan as they walked back to the living area, Danny also picked up his bag.

"Yeah, I have a few." Dillan smiled as the two stepped on an elevator and went up to what looked like a wooden cabin.

“Cool, maybe my friends...uh…” Danny paused to think back to when he met them months ago. “Nightshade, Jax, and Cinnamon may enjoy some earth TV.” He said after remembering their names.

Dillan nods, as he looks through a closet. "Let's see…"

Danny smiled and watched him for a minute before looking around at his home. ‘He sure is lucky to have all this, I wonder what my creed should be, I wonder how long we have been gone in my world.’ He thought along with others that filled Danny's head.

"Here they are." He said handing the boy some DVDs.

“Cool.” He said, looking through them before setting them in his bag.

"There's the entirety of the Ben 10 franchise, the movies, Dragon Ball Z franchise, the movies, and even the Ninjago season which I personally love."

“Cool, I will give them a look.” Danny said, rubbing his head. “Assuming a ghost attack doesn’t happen each time I try to.”

"That would suck." He said, chuckling as they went outside, as the boy's eyes widened as Danny saw a glass dome keeping an ocean from flooding everything.

After a quick look around, he saw not just the dome but also a whole orchard of different trees. “Holy cow! This place is amazing.” He said before he asked. “Is this like your secret underwater base or something?”

"No, it's just my home." He said pointing to the side as Danny could see Ponyville right next door in the same dome. "Like I said my world was flooded, so me and Discord created domes to protect pony civilizations."

“Man that sucks, but hey at least you saved everyone.” He said with a smile

Dillan sighed. "Almost everyone, not everyone made it to the domes before the flooding."

Danny frowned and then rubbed his chin before grinning. “Hey, can’t you time travel? You could go back to the day of the flood and gather everyone that didn’t make it and bring them to the present!” Danny said, proud of his idea.

"Paradox stopped me." Dillan said, smiling at Danny sadly. "He's a time traveler like clockwork, but that was a good idea." He said rubbing Danny's head like an actual uncle.

He frowned slightly at the head rubbing then tilted his head. “But Clockwork isn’t a time traveler, he is a guardian of time.” He said, confused.

"Oh right, Paradox can travel through time and prevent things that would mess up the timeline." Dillan explained to him.

“Oh, I see, well thankfully the Clockwork from the show is a bit more lenient. Hell, he changed Danny’s future.” Danny said before smiling, and asking. “I wonder if your Paradox knows my Clockwork, if there even is a Clockwork in my universe.”

Dillan shrugged. "Who knows."

“Well in any case, we should maybe get me home before the Apple family starts to worry...although… think I could get some seeds for your odd trees?” Danny asked him.

"Go for it." Dillan smiles. "These are oran berry trees, and some other berries from the pokemon universes. I can also give you a few of these." He said, handing Danny some more green beans. "These will come in handy, but don't grow them in the open. The more people that know about them the harder it'll be."

Danny nodded with a smile, taking the small bag of beans. “Right, uh how do I get the seeds?” He asked, looking at the trees and bushes.

"Just pick the berries and plant them." He said. "I could also give you something called dragon balls, their seven magical orbs that can grant any wish."

Danny rubbed his chin. “As tempting as that is, I think I will refuse for three reasons. First, Desiree could be in my world somewhere. Second, If the ghosts find out about them they wouldn’t stop coming after them. And third, I would be too tempted to just use them for stupid things like an Xbox or something.” He told Dillan, listing off while he walked through the orchard picking at least two of each fruit and Barry.

"Fair enough." Dillan said, smiling. "We can go whenever you want."

"Alright, I think that is the last one.” Danny said seeing my bag was full. “We can head back now.” He told him.

Dillan nodded before turning into clockwork again, turning silver before the two were in the void again heading back to his white timestream. Danny looked around at all the different time streams, One has a creature made of black matter that just walks right through some cell bars. Another that was wearing a black and red ninja outfit running along a school roof. And the last one he could see before they entered his world was a red dragon fighting other dragons.

"There are a lot of displaced people." Dillan said as they arrived back into the everfree forest, Danny's eyes widening as he saw himself and Dillan before they vanished.

Rubbing his forehead in confusion. “That right there is one reason I will try to avoid time travelers.” He said then shook his head. “Alright, I think I will make a token now, I was thinking of using my Fenton thermos.” He mentioned while digging it out of his bag.

Dillan nodded before he turned back to human form. "Ok, now just say a creed and I'll send it into the multiverse."

Danny nodded before clearing his throat as he held the thermos up and said. “I am Danny Phantom, I am an amateur ghost hunter, if you want a friend, need help with trouble or just need someone to vent to simply push the release button.” He threw it into the air and just like Dillan told him before it disappeared through a portal.

“Ok, now I just have to wait for it to co-” Danny was cut off as it hit him in the back of the head. “Ow son of a bitch!”

Dillan laughed a bit. "Alright, let's get those berries I gave you planted, Maybe the apple family will let you use some land."

Rubbing his head, he glared at the thermos before picking it up. “Yeah, let's go see where they are.” Danny said and they started heading into town. “Hey Dillan..thank you I know I have been saying it a lot but...you really have helped me and not just with my ghost powers.”

"It's no problem, it's what uncle's are for." Dillan said, smiling as he rubbed Danny’s head. "Even adopted uncle's."

Danny chuckled and playfully pushed Dillan’s hand away. “Yeah I guess so.” He smiled and looked ahead but saw smoke. “Oh no..how?!” Danny started running to town.

He saw a flash of blue light from behind him before Dillan came running up next to him, a crystal on his head. The crystal began glowing as runes and symbols appeared in his hand, and a circle in the other. "Sweet similar to normal magic just amplified with the crystal!" Dillan said combining the symbols and circle before pushing them forward before they were in the center of town after running through.

Danny looked around and saw the town was banged up. “Come on out kid! I just want to pay you a beating!” A familiar voice yelled, making Danny look up to see Beetlejuice floating there, just outside his range for sensing ghosts.

"Is that Beetlejuice?" Dillan asked, looking at him annoyed.

Beetlejuice twitches and looks around. “Did someone say my name!? Hahahahahah!” He spotted them and flew down and grinned at Dillan. “Hi there!”

Danny frowned and looked around but unfortunately, he could see some people watching. “What are you doing here?” He asked him.

"Yeah Beetlejuice, why ya here?" Dillan asked, saying his name a second time.

Beetlejuice smirked and poked Dillin’s nose. “I am here looking for some ghost punk that took a chance away from me, so how about you tell me if ya saw a kid with white hair in a stupid black jumpsuit?”

Danny slowly began to reach into his bag trying to grab one of the ghost lasers. “You can just go back to hell, we aren’t telling you anyth-” He started to say but was cut off as he covered my mouth with his hand.

“Wasn’t talkin' to ya short stack!” Beetlejuice said.

"Hey." Dillan said, getting his attention. "Leave my nephew alone, or else." He said while Applejack and Applebloom watched from afar.

The boy glared and pulled out one of his ghost rays, quickly hooking it to his wrist, before aiming it at Beetlejuice. Who Looked at it and laughed in Danny's face. “Aww what a cute little bracelet! What are you gonna do with that, huh? Are you gonn-” Danny cut him off by firing it at his face and he roared in rage and pain letting me go. “Gah! You son of a-!”

Dillan's hands glowed in symbols and a circle again, before his magic flowed into the ground before it flew upwards trapping him.

Beetlejuice looked around and growled. “Oh you're a couple of wise guys huh?!” He turned into smoke and flew higher as Danny tried to shoot him with his ghost ray. “Lets see how you like this!” He turns into a large black and white striped worm and grinned evilly.

Dillan smirked back as he winked at his new nephew. "Scan complete!" He said, as Danny noticed Applejack and Applebloom watching, before Dillan summoned multiple symbols around him as his ghost transforming circle appeared around him. The symbols and circle made it look like it was magic as he transformed into a ghost.

Danny smirked and kept firing his lazer ar Beetlejuice. ‘Smart, now no one will think it is that strange, too bad I am not that good with magic, though I wonder why I even have magic.’ He thought to himself, before starting to run as Beetlejuice started falling to the ground.

Dillan flew at Beetlejuice, before flipping around at Danny. His hands glowed as symbols appeared around the boy, Dillan secretly winking at him. "Wanna try some superpowers!?" He called.

Smirking and nodding, Danny stood still for a moment. “Yeah! Let's work together to kick his butt!” He said, getting ready to change.

Dillan nodded before Danny summoned his own transformation ring. Thankfully Dillan's symbols made it look like magic caused him to change. When Danny began, looking at himself, he noticed his new suit was green and white, the stomach and hips being green, while the arms, legs and chest were white. Looking over at a window, Danny could see his hair was white fire and his skin was green with pointy ears and glowing eyes.

Danny looked over at the now large beetle, Beetlejuice. “Alright.” He stared at Danny for a moment before he laughed.

“You think a few halfa’s can take me?!” He charged at Danny but he phased into the ground and let Beetlejuice get over him before He fired a two handed beam at Beetlejuice’s underbelly knocking him into the air.

“You're up uncle!” Danny called out as he flew after Beetlejuice while trying to tap into another power he hadn't used yet.

"Right!" Dillan said, flying up and using his ghostly wail to blast Beetlejuice into the dirt.

Danny felt a very cold sensation deep in his core and channeled that into his hands. Looking he saw that they were glowing blue. He smirked and fired the blue energy at Beetlejuice, trapping him in ghost ice. “That took too long, but it worked.” He said as he slowly floated down and grabbed his bag.

“Let’s see where is it?” He asked himself as he looked for the Fenton thermos.

"Not in front of others." Dillan said as his magic appeared around them both indicating turning back as he did so.

Danny frowned but nodded and changed back, stopping his digging through his bag. “What do we do with him then? I can’t exactly make a ghost portal on my own yet.”

Dillan thought before looking at Danny's shoulder. "Oh wait, your emblem in ghost hunting, never mind go for it."

Danny gave him a flat look for a moment before sighing and getting the Fenton thermos out. “Alright, use just a bit of your power to make a hole right here.” He whispered to Dillan before The boy fired the thermos at the ice that is holding Beetlejuice.

"It's ghost ice, it'll be sucked in as well." He whispers back to Danny, who looks at him then down at the ice while it and Beetlejuice are sucked into it slowly.

“Huh, you are right.” Danny said surprised, watching as Beetlejuice and the ice were slowly sucked in, the ghost managing to break his arm and face free and claws the ground.

"Not again!!!" He yelled before he was pulled into the thermos completely.

Smirking and capping the thermos again Danny sighed. “That's another ghost down, who knows how many more to go.” He said softly, turning to see a crowd staring at him. “Uh oh.” he whispered to himself.

Dillan turned around and smiled, patting Danny's shoulder. "You have quite the talent." He said as Applejack and Bloom walked up to us.

"What was all that magic? Ah thought you were an earth clan?" Applejack asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope, I hide my gem." Dillan said, pointing at the crystal on his head. "It's how I'm able to beat star beasts, I scan them and become them."

“That sounds kinda dangerous.” Applejack said frowning. “How do ya not lose yerself?”

Danny made sure the Fenton thermos was secure before looking at the crowd and seeing Nightshade, smiling a bit before waving weakly. “Thank you for letting me help you uncle.”

"No problem kiddo, and I don't always do so. Which is why I don't want Danny coming." Dillan said. "I wanted him to have a good time and ghosts are so close to people that it barely affects me. So I figured it would be fun for him."

“Ah see, well thank ya for stopping that varmint, he was causing lots of trouble for weeks.” Applejack said.

Danny looked at Dillan before he asked. “Hey uncle, how long can you stay?”

Dillan smiles softly, a magic symbol appearing over him before his watch reappeared on his wrist and his crystal was gone, Applejack and Bloom not noticing it since he was facing Danny. "I have to go now sadly, but you can just use the communicator I gave you and I'll come see you anytime."

Danny nodded with a smile. “Ok, I will give you a call if anything big happens.” He said before giving him a hug and whispering. “See ya, safe travels.”

Dillan hugged Danny back with a smile. "You too, be safe." He said as he let go and started walking into the forest.

Danny let out a slow sigh while Applejack put a hand on his shoulder. “Well ya be ok Danny?” She asked.

Nodding with a soft smile, Danny looked up at her. “He really helped me, oh I got some new fruit and berries from my uncle, could I use some land?” He asked her.

"Oh, of course. Did he tell ya how ya grow them?" She asked. "Any special requirements?"

Danny thought back for a moment. “Um, I think he just said put them in the ground and they will grow.” Danny said being a bit unsure.

"Danny, that's all seeds. Ah meant like needing a special type of fertilizer, amount of sunlight, that stuff." She asked.

Danny tapped his chin before rummaging in his bag and finding a note. “It seems so.” he said, showing her the instructions for growing the fruit and berries.

Applejack looked at the list and hummed. "Well, how many of each berry did you grab?"

“He gave me two of each that he had.” Danny said and showed her the bag.

Applejack nodded her head slowly. "Alright, hey Applebloom, how about we let Danny plant and grow his berries around mah old tree house? Ya both can use it and it might help you get your emblem and-" She tried to say but Applebloom interrupted.

"Yes!!" She said.

Danny smiled a bit then looked at Applejack and said. “Oh I forgot to tell you, I got my emblem recently and well…. I'm mage clan.” He then thought to himself. 'Although I have no idea how.’

"Well your uncle is also in the magic clan so that makes sense." She said smiling.

Danny crossed his eyes as he tried to look at his forehead. “Do you know how I am supposed to get a gem?”

"We'll have to find ya one, but tomorrow it's late and we need to get home. Good thing ya got yer clothes." Applejack said smiling.

Danny rubbed the back of his head and chuckled. “Actually with everything that happened today, I never went back to rarities to pick up my clothes sorry.” Applejack sighed but shook her head with a smirk. The three of them head to Rarity’s to pick up the clothes, then after trying on a few they all head back to the farm.

Author's Note:

Danny’s token is  the Fenton thermos. “I am Danny Phantom, I am an amateur ghost hunter, if you want a friend, need help with trouble or just need someone to vent to simply push the release button.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment