• ...
18
 12
 985

Dark avatar

A single figure walked through the streets, the sun was close to setting but he didn’t care, he just wanted to get to the store to buy some beers. The figure is a 24-year-old man named Dash; wearing jeans and a black and red t-shirt with the image of a kite-like creature.

He walks up to a 7-11 store and heads inside. The door rings as he enters and he goes right to the back for the beers. “Holy crap they just keep raising the prices.”

He shook his head as he grabbed the beer pack he wanted and went to pay, “$12.99.” the cashier said

“Yeah yeah, fucking highway robbery.” Dash said as he paid. Once he got his receipt he picked up the beer case and walked out the door. He turned down an ally to get to his friend’s house faster. But as soon as he gets halfway down the alleyway some teenage punk steps right in front of him pulling out a knife. “Oh, goodie.” He mumbles to himself.

“Hey man, you’re walking in our turf, so we’re gonna have to ask you to hand over your money, and you won’t get hurt.” one of the teens said,

Dash rolls his neck and makes it pop a few times. “I'll give you one warning. Get out of my way or get a free trip to the hospital.” He moves the case of beer under his left arm.

The teens looked at each other and then started laughing, the one with the knife pointed it at him, “Nice joke man, now give us your money.” the teen said,

Dash chuckles himself then said. “You are right, the trip won't be free, it will cost you a few teeth and a few broken bones. What do you say boys won't let me pass, or wanna pay the trip to the hospital?”

“Dude, you’re outnumbered. No way you can take us all on before we kick your ass.” the knife-wielding teen said

“Well, I warned you.” Dash said then kicked a piece of trash at the knife-wielding teen while he was moving out of the way of the trash, Dash spun around and kicked one of the teens that were behind him in the chest knocking him back into a trash can.

The teen with the knife tried to slash at Dash but he merely caught their arm before he kicked them away, knocking the knife out of their hand.

Dash looked the knife over before throwing it in the trash can. “Cheap ass knifeman. If you're gonna rob people, at least have a good quality weapon.” He said then hears footsteps behind him and ducks down while lifting his leg to kick the guy in the crotch. “Oh yeah, and in a real fight, there is no such thing as cheap shots.”

The guy he just kicked in the crotch fell to the ground, Dash looked around and saw that most of the punks were getting back up, glaring at him. “Screw this, I’m outta here.” one of them said, running away, the others doing the same.

“I guess they aren’t completely stupid.” Dash said smirking then heads to his friend’s house. After a while, he makes it and knocks on the door. When it opens, there is a guy dressed as batman. “Sup, I got the beer.”

“About time man. What took you so long?” the guy asked as he let Dash inside, letting him see various people in different costumes.

“Just some punks that thought jumping me was a good idea.” Dash said as he walked into the living room and set the beer down. “I kicked their asses of course.”

“Bet they ran when they saw how easily you kicked their asses huh?” the guy asked him, taking a beer.

Dash chuckles and crosses his arms. “Hell yeah, what made you think of having a costume party anyway?”

“No reason actually.” the guy said, “Just for fun. Speaking of costume, where’s yours?”

Dash rolls his and points to his shirt of Vaatu. “This is it, I'm a dark Avatar.”

The guy just stared at him, then shook his head, “Alright, just prepare to get some hate thrown at ya.” he said,

Dash shrugs and says. “Like I care what others think about me.”

“Eh, true.” the guy said, then walked away, “But still, watch out for the hate man. And enjoy the party!”

Dash smirks and takes a beer and pops it open and starts drinking and walking around. “So many grown adults in costumes so silly.”

“And what’s so silly about dressing up as your favorite character?” a guy who was dressed up like the Merchant from that Resident Evil game said to Dash.

Dash shrugs and sips from his beer. “Well, it is just silly to dress up. I mean we are full-grown adults. I mean I can understand if we were kids or teenagers but as adults, we are supposed to be mature, and look at you, I bet you wasted like a thousand dollars on that get up.”

Dash could tell the guy was frowning, “Looks like I’ll have to give you a different point of view of why costumes are great, and why one should be careful of what they wear.” the guy said, snapping his fingers and the next thing that everyone knew, there was a flash and Dash was gone.

The man dressed as the merchant looks around at everyone, sighs and reaches into his coat and pulls out a silver stick, holds it up and there's a bright flash. “You are all enjoying a party.” he said then they started partying again.


Dash slowly woke up with a bit of a headache. Holding his head he groaned. “What the fuck just happened last night?” he asked no one.

Dash sits up slowly and looks around confused. “How the fuck did I get to the desert? I don't live anywhere near one!” He stands up and glares around him.

He heard some footsteps behind him and looked and saw two guys and a couple of girls, “Well well, what do we have here?” one of them said, grinning at him,

Dash looks them over and sees some odd things. Some of them have fake horns and wings on and one looks like his hair is made of feathers. “What's with the costumes?” Dash said as he shifts his footing unknowing that the ground below him starts to harden and die.

“Costumes? What the hell are you talking about?” the one with feathers for hair asked him,

“I'm talking about those fake ass horns and wings.” Dash said. “Halloween was yesterday.”

They looked at each other confused, before they shrugged and point different weapons at him, “You must have hit your head or something, cause these wings and horns aren’t fake. Now, hand over all of your belongings.” the one with wings said,

Dash groans and rubs his head. “Oh for fucks sake; I have to deal with more punks now? Fine, bring it on you losers, not like some dweebs that wear costumes can fight for real.” Dash lifts his arms and gets into a fighting stance.

Dash saw that one of the horned ones' horns lit up and then the next thing he knew, he was sent sliding across the sand, causing it to harden and die.

Dash groans as he stands up. “What the hell was that!?” Dash then feels something inside him demand him to attack so he throws a punch even though he is far from them. But to everyone’s shock, purple flames shoot out of his fist.

The group immediately went wide-eyed before they dodged the purple flames, Dash looked at his fist in shock. “What the fuck?” he said,

Dash then grins as he gets an idea and throws a kick as more purple flames shoot out. “I can fire bend!” He laughs as he punches his palm. “Time to burn some punks.”

They glared at me as the one with feathers for hair suddenly flew at Dash, punching him in his face. Dash goes with the punch and does a backflip adding a kick to the bird man’s face but to Dash’s surprise, a pillar of rock shoots up and hits the bird guy’s stomach.

The others looked at Dash in shock, “What the hell?! How are you able to do that?!” a girl with wings said,

Dash finishes his backflip and looks at the earth pillar then his own hands. “Could I have all the bending styles?” He asked himself.

“Take him out now!” one without wings or a horn said, charging at him with a hammer.

Dash pulled his fist back and then threw it forward along with a huge pillar of flames. The fire covered the poor man and when the fire stopped there was a charred body and the hammer fell out of his grip as he fell over.

The others stared at their dead comrade and then glared at Dash, then he suddenly felt his arms being held to his sides by a strange glow, looking at the ones with horns, he saw that their horns were glowing.

Dash struggles to free his arms but they don't move. One of the horned ones fires a beam of energy at him from his horn but Dash jumps out of the way. After getting an idea Dash took a deep breath and then blew it out at the other horned one and a purple toxic fog came out at high speeds covering the man making him cough and gag as he was knocked off his feet.

“Fuck this! I’m outta here!” the one with feathers for hair said as he flew away, the others following him, and once they were gone, Dash felt he could move his arms again.

“This is so strange, how the hell did I get the bending powers?” Dash asked himself then he felt a burning in his chest before it started glowing blood-red in the form of the dark spirit Vaatu. Dash’s eyes turn red then he yells in pain as purple lightning sparks around him.

“You are weak! You should have killed them all!” A voice said to Dash in his head. “I shall fix your pathetic morals so that we can fulfill your new destiny.” Dash’s body glows more than it stops.

“What...the...hell..” Dash pants then glare at where the punks that attacked him fled. “Those punks are gonna pay for attacking me.”

Back with the punks, the one with feathers for hair was currently being shouted at by the others, “Take on the single Earth Clanner he said, it’ll be easy he said!” a girl with wings said, “A lot of good that did us! We lost two of our own thanks to you and that freak!”

“It’s not my fault the guy somehow managed to control fire, earth, and breathe toxic gas! So shut up!” the guy shouted angrily.

They look behind them when they hear strong winds and they see a tornado of purple gas heading straight for them. “Oh buck, it is that freak!”

They immediately began to run or fly faster, though the ones on the ground immediately were pulled into the toxic tornado while the ones in the air tried to fly faster but were slowly getting pulled in. “Fly you fools! Fly!” the feathered haired guy said in fear,

The tornado stops and then they are all blown into town as Dash lands at the edge of town. “You are going to die today.” He said as he walks closer to them and bends the water from a water tower and it becomes dark purple as it spins around Dash.

The bandits stared at him in shock and fear as they tried to fly away again, “Stay and fight you cowards! If he wants a fight, we’ll give him a fight!” the feathered-haired guy said, aiming a crossbow at Dash and fired.

Dash lifts his hand and a rock comes up blocking the arrow then he punches forward sending the rock at the feather-haired man. “I am the Dark Avatar and you are a weak, pathetic thief now have anything to say before I kill you?”

“Fuck you!” the feathered-haired man said, dodging the rock and firing more crossbow bolts at Dash, the others helping him.

Dash waves his arm and the water forms into an ice wall to catch the arrow then he melts the water and makes it fly at the feathered-haired man. The water covers him and freezes completely and traps him.

“H-hey! Let m-me go!” he said, trying to break free of the ice, two of his fellow bandits went to his aid while the rest attacked Dash,

Dash shot fire at the ones closest to him, then he makes a large rock rising out of the ground, and Dash grins. “You get one chance to tell me everything about this place before I crush you all.”

They glared at him, but knew he would crush them, the feathered hair man growls, “F-fine! I’ll t-talk!” he said,

Dash clenched his fist and rocks grabbed onto each of their legs. Once they were all trapped, he moved the rock over their heads. “Talk.”

“I can’t talk.” the feathered harried man said, then he shouted, “CAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW DUMBASS!”

“I said I want to know everything, like how the hell you all have wings and horns that can use some kind of energy to control people. What country am I in, and where is America?” Dash said as he lifted the rock higher.

The group of bandits became fearful but they were mostly confused, “Have you been living under a rock your whole life? I’m part of the Griffon Clan while these two are part of the Pegasi Clan, the ones with horns are with the Magic Clan, as for what country, you’re on the edge of Equestria, as for this America place, never heard of it.” the feathered haired man said,

Dash frowns and then asks. “Where is the capital?” Dash starts glowing red as the image of Vaatu appears on his chest.

“That would be Canterlot! It’s further inland!” one of the winged ones said,

Dash smirks and lets go of the rock. “Thank you for the information.”

The bandits screamed as the large rock came crashing down on them, crushing and killing them.

Dash turns to face a bar and grins as he lights a fire in his hand and walks into the bar. Hello, scum, which way is Canterlot? Tell me and I'll make your end quick.”

Many of the people in the bar were fearful cause they saw what he did to the bandits, “E-east. Just keep going east and you’ll see a city on a mountain, you can’t miss it.” one of them said, “Just please, don’t hurt us.”

Dash smirks and throws the fireball onto the ceiling setting it on fire and lighting the door on fire as well. “Thank you for the information; now for your reward.” Dash then stomps the floor and it opens under the guy and he falls in before it closes crushing him to death.

The others see this and try to get out, screaming in fear as they did. Dash smirks and using fire bending, make the fires grow before he walks out and makes earth walls lift up out of the ground cutting off all escapes.

“Now then, let's make this world make sense again.” Dash then uses his bending to destroy the town before heading off east.


Canterlot third POV

A guard was currently walking to the throne room, a warning for them, once he entered, he saw the princess and the Main 6, “Princess I am sorry to disturb your meeting but I have grave news.”

The princess furrowed her brow, “What is it?” she asked him,

The guard kneels and gulps. “The border town of Manechester has been destroyed by some evil man, he used earth, fire, and water as weapons.”

The Main 6 went wide-eyed, “What kind of person would do that?!” Twilight asked,

“We don’t know ma’am. All we know is he chased a group into town and proceeded to fight them in the streets, using the earth and water as weapons. Trapping them into one location and then he um…” The guard turns green before saying. “He crushed them with a massive builder.”

The girls gasped in shock, while Celestia became angry. “I want this man found now.” she said,

The guard rubs his neck. “About that princess, the survivors of the town said he is heading this way, and there is one more thing. The water and earth that he used seem to be corrupted somehow. The water is toxic and nothing will grow in the ground that he used.”

“What?” Celestia said, going wide-eyed, “What sort of magic corrupts the land like that? I’ll have the best scientists and wizards find a way to fix that corrupted land, for now, I want this man captured and brought to me so he can pay for his actions.”

“Right away your highness!” He said before running out of the room.

“Princess, what are we going to do?” Twilight asked.

“You are to be ready to use the Elements.” Celestia said to them, They nod and run off to get the elements.


Dash’s location third POV

Dash uses airbending to travel across the land with a grin on his face as he sees a city on a huge mountain. “That must be Canterlot, my target.”

“Halt!” Dash looked and saw more of the winged people, all of them in armor. “You’re under arrest by order of Princess Celestia!” the guard said, aiming a spear at him.

“Me under arrest? That is ridiculous, you are the ones breaking the laws of physics!” He said to them before sending a strong gust of air at them pushing them down to the ground.

Some of them managed to stop themselves as they flew at Dash, “Take him down now!” one of the guards said.

He laughs as he drops to the ground and makes a crater upon his landing. “Come and get some!” He throws some punches and flames shoot out and make the guards keep their distance.

The guards tried to reach him but he kept sending blasts of fire from his fists, keeping them away, one guard saw an opening and dived right at him, spinning around and kicking Dash in the face sending him back a bit. Dash fell to the ground from the kick and went limp.

“He is down, quick chain him up and put the magic suppressors on him.” One of them said as they started chaining him up.

Soon, Dash was chained up with several magic suppressors on him, they weren’t taking any chances, and were now taking him to Canterlot by air. They soon reached the city on the mountain, several more guards waiting for them.

Suddenly Dash his eyes open and they're glowing bright red as his avatar state is activated he roars and flames shoot out of his mouth then he breaks free of the chains and his body starts to glow a dark purple. “None shall contain me!”

“How the fuck is that possible!?! We put at least ten magic suppressors on him!” one of the guards said,

“Who cares how!! Just take him down now!!” another guard shouted, causing the rest of them to charge at Dash,

Dash uses air bending to make a wall around himself before he uses water bending to pull water from the waterfall and uses that water as whips to attack the guards. “I will kill you all!”

The ones with horns fired several beams at him, but the wall blocked most of them, a Pegasi Clan guard charged at him, barely getting through the wall, and punched him in the gut before they kicked him in the face.

The glow of his body gets brighter before he starts growing. “You will pay for your crimes!” Dash said before making a massive wall of flames hit the nearest guards.

They shouted in pain when they got hit, but the ones with horns managed to bring up shields of energy to block the fire. “What the hell is this guy?!” one of them said,

“I am your death.” A dark purple energy orb forms in Dash’s hand. He then fires a beam of energy at the guards and hits a horned one. their skin darkens and he yells in pain as he is corrupted and becomes evil.

“What the hell?! What did you do to them you bastard!!” a guard shouted at Dash angrily,

Dash grins as he makes another energy ball. “I have freed him of his humanity and soon everyone will be free.” He fires the beam but it is blocked by a dark blue energy field and Dash is knocked against a wall by a tall woman in a dark blue dress with a horn and wings.

The woman looked at the gathered guards, seeing them hurt and close to being unconscious. She then glared at Dash, “You will pay for harming our subjects.” she said, horn glowing as she made Dash slide across the ground.

Dash used earth bending to make a strong wall for him to stop on and then he sent a mix of fire and air punches at the woman. “You are the ones that need to pay.”

The woman made a shield, stopping the attacks before Dash couldn’t move his body anymore, seeing he was covered by a dark blue glow, “And what is it that we have done?” the woman asked him,

Dash’s eyes glow red as he starts growing again. “You have spread too much light, this world is sickeningly bright, it must burn!” Dash then fires a beam of purple energy from his mouth at the woman and hits her wing.

The woman hissed in pain, then glares at him, firing a beam at him before she sent some debris at his back, knocking him into the beam. “And who are you to decide that?” she said, flying at him and punching him in the face before she blasted him, sending him flying.

Dash makes an air shield and keeps himself in the air as he continues to grow. “I am Vaatu; Avatar of Darkness!”

“Well Vaatu, Equestria will never fall.” the woman said, her horn glowing brightly,

Vaatu glares but smirks. “We shall see.” then the woman is shot in the back by the guard that was infected by Vaatu.

The guard was tackled by others while the woman shouted in surprise at the sudden attack, giving Vaatu the chance to attack. Vaatu grins and uses his airbending to fly at the woman and punch her in the gut with fire coming out of his fist. “Your hubris will be your own doing.”

The woman screamed in pain from the attack, before she suddenly disappeared in a flash, confusing Vaatu, he saw another flash and the woman appeared again. Glaring at him.
“I grow bored of this game.” Vaatu grows to the size of a skyscraper and then moves his arms to where the city links to the mountain. “Say goodbye to this city.”

The woman went wide-eyed, “What are you doing?!” she shouted,

“I am removing this orderly city from this world.” he then pulls his arms to his chest and the mountain shacks as the ground holding the city up is pulled loose and the city starts to fall.

The woman acts fast and orders the pegasus clan members to save as many people as they can then she glares at Vaatu. “You will pay for this.” Then she leaves to save people.

The woman quickly helped the guards get the people out of the city as best as she could. “Luna!” Luna looked and saw Celestia and the Main 6 running toward her. “What is happening?!”

“That man has become a titan and has caused Canterlot to fall!” Luna said, pointing at the titan form of Vaatu. Vaatu’s chest starts to glow then fires a beam of energy cutting the city in half.

“This is horrible, we have to save as many people as we can!” Twilight said.

“I agree with Twilight, but shouldn't we try to use the elements on that guy first?” a woman with Rainbow hair said.

“I agree with Rainbow Dash, you must use the Elements to end this before more innocents get hurt.” Celestia said,

The main six nod their head and group together facing the titan and they start glowing. Vaatu turns to face them and scowls before charging up a beam of corrupting energy. “You think those little trinkets are enough for me?”

“Our friendship is the strongest form of magic there is! It’s more than enough to stop you!” Twilight said, just as a rainbow-colored beam flew at Vaatu who sent a beam at it. The two energies meeting and struggling to surpass each other.

Vaatu laughs as he uses bending to knock the girls off balance. He then pushes more energy into his attack and it overcomes the element’s rainbow beam. Seeing this, Celestia and Luna run to the main six, Celestia grabbing them while Luna tries to make a barrier. The beam hits her shield and it holds for a moment before it starts to break, at this point, the princesses teleport away with the main six.

Once they were away from Vaatu, the Main 6 had looks of shock and disbelief on their faces, “He…...he beat the Elements.” Twilight said,

“How is that possible?” Celestia asked just as shocked. “We need to make sure as many people as possible survive, after that we can come up with a plan for this monster.”

“I agree sister, but what can we do?” Luna said.

“I don't know Luna, I don't know.” Celestia said looking at the city as it hits the ground.

Rainbow Dash growls, “That bastard! I just hope everyone got out in time.” she said,

“Let us go find out.” Luna said before she cries out in pain holding her shoulder and sees her wing turning black.

“Sister what happened?!” Celestia asked her, looking at her wing in fear.

Luna grunts as she stands up fully. “One of his energy attacks hit a guard and it turned him evil, I assume the same thing is happening to me, but because I wasn't directly hit the effect is slower on me.”

“We need to remove this corruption immediately!” Celestia said,

“Our people are more important Sister!” Luna said then points to the survivors.

“I know Luna, but if you get corrupted, I would never forgive myself if that happened, knowing I could have done something to prevent it.” Celestia said, then sighed, “We get the survivors to safety, then we are dealing with the corruption.”

Luna nods and they head for the survivors. They help evacuate everyone to Ponyville, and once there they begin healing Luna. but it only seems to slow down the corruption.

“Nothing is working.” Celestia said, worried and angry.

Just as everyone seems to be getting desperate, a strange object made of wood falls and hits the ground making a noise and they all notice it. Celestia is the first to pick it up and she hears a voice from it. “I am Deltorix the gamer, if you seek a friend, ally, or simply wish to trade skills, simply say 'send invite' and I may come. What you want to do with the skills I offer will determine what skills I will teach you.”

“Deltorix the Gamer?” Celestia said, then started to think. “I think we have found an ally against Vaatu.”

“What do you mean sister? What is that wooden ...thing.” Luna said.

“I believe it is a way to summon an ally or at least a beacon.” Celestia said, looking at the wooden item with interest. “They call themselves, Deltorix the Gamer.”

“What if they are just as evil or a trickster like Discord?” Luna asked.

“Luna, the Elements have failed and Canterlot is lost, we have to take the risk. Not even Discord would approve of this type of chaos.” Celestia said,

Luna sighs and nods. “Very well, we shall call upon this Deltorix and pray they will help us.”