• Published 30th Sep 2020
  • 6,437 Views, 679 Comments

Strange Letters from a Queen Bug Horse - Roadie



It seems that Queen Chrysalis really isn't quite herself today. What's with these sassy letters?

  • ...
10
 679
 6,437

1: Received via dragon-mail.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Yes, I know. No, I’m not going to get in the way of that ridiculously delicate plan you’re making the world depend on—though you can expect me to intercede with all apropriate force if it fails, as I expect it probably will. I don’t care much about which particular pony sits on that throne of yours, but I like eating salads, and from what I understand a complete lack of sunlight will cause trouble with that kind of thing.

But I’ll get to the point: I want to go public, come out of the shadows, all that stuff. I have in mind a crown union, as in the olden days of Equestria before unified rule: an exchange of new titles, and a reciprocal extension of inheritance law. We would then the both of us enjoy the privileges of and obligations of duty towards both nations. I’m certain I could manage some suitably photogenic excuse for the reveal: some blather about ancient curses, poor pitiful changelings being awakened to their ancient glory by that junior alicorn you’re keeping in your pocket, mumble mumble aid to Equestria in its hour of need, blah blah blah.

There’s a whole cascade of world-ending affairs that will be shortly plaguing this continent at regular intervals, and I don’t trust you to handle them on your own. If I actually expected you to successfully manage any crisis more complicated than a kitchen fire, we could have just kept the status quo of my changelings invisibly but inevitably vampirizing your ponies at a whim. But I can’t—so I have to change how things work around here so someone more competent than you (that is, me) can act publicly.

Enclosed is the address of a mailbox in Canterlot. Send me your responses there and I will receive them.

Yours in questionable humor,
Queen Chrysalis




P.S. I’m sure you understand the implicit threat that comes with receiving this letter via dragon-fire mail from within your own castle. I’m inclined to cooperation, but I’m not going to make this move without some precautions.