• Published 30th Sep 2020
  • 6,438 Views, 679 Comments

Strange Letters from a Queen Bug Horse - Roadie



It seems that Queen Chrysalis really isn't quite herself today. What's with these sassy letters?

  • ...
10
 679
 6,438

2: Found in the private cake cabinet.

Dear Princess Celestia,

It was hilarious watching you try to interrogate your own staff and guards. You're not very good at this kind of thing, are you? I particularly liked how that one maid ran off crying after admitting that she was the one who ate that slice of cake three years ago. It was all pointless, anyway: any infiltrator of mine in your castle would have had the role for years. Of course, you understand the mind games are obligatory, and there may or may not be any changelings already situated close to you.

It could even be that I've spent decades slowly replacing every position in the castle with a changeling, so that you and the unicorn and that pudgy little dragon are the only non-changelings who live there. It's not very likely, but you have to think about it now, don't you? Come to think of it, that unicorn and her whole family might be changelings. How much do you really know about them? Isn't it rather convenient that they're all so close to you and to that ingénue in pink?

I'll be generous. My offer still stands, even after your pitiful sneeze of a betrayal attempt. I'll even extend my grace: you can attempt to find my changelings all you like, and so long as none come to harm, I'll refrain from sneaking thumbtacks into all of your seat cushions. Of course, you're not actually going to find any—you don't even know what we look like!—but I just wouldn't be me if I didn't taunt you with the possibility.

You should really take this seriously, though. It's only a week to the Summer Sun Celebration, and you know what that means. Wouldn't you prefer making friends over enemies?

Yours in endless mockery,
Queen Chrysalis




P.S. Please forward my compliments to the royal bakery: your triple fudge cake is fantastic. Just in the moment I took the first bite, I began to understand how you could have let yourself grow so prodigious. You really were more attractive back when you were a bit smaller, though.