• Published 30th Sep 2020
  • 6,433 Views, 679 Comments

Strange Letters from a Queen Bug Horse - Roadie



It seems that Queen Chrysalis really isn't quite herself today. What's with these sassy letters?

  • ...
10
 679
 6,433

9: Fastened to headwear.

Dear Princess Celestia,

What crown does a pony duchess wear? The brains say that some kind of reciprocal ducal title blah blah blah thing is the most practical arrangement, so I'll need the appropriate regalia. In addition to my own, of course: as a queen I of course far outshine a mere princess, but I'm not going to let you see my crown early in case you get any funny ideas when you realize how greatly it outclasses the strange little tiara thing you wear. In any case, I'll be wearing two crowns. I'll also be inventing the traditional regalia for the ducal rank of the changeling nation, seeing as we've never had it before. I'm reasonably sure I can come up with something that won't clash too badly with your... you know, you.

Besides the crown, would you believe that your ponies were so unsure as to the state of your inheritance laws that I had to have my changelings go do the research themselves? It's almost as if you've never even bothered to prepare for your own demise. It's no secret that all rulers aspire to live forever, but it's simply irresponsible of you not to plan for the worst. Do you have some kind of pony blood magic in place to transfer your soul into the pink one? If you don't, all it would take is a single unlikely but not impossible accident involving a cockatrice, a set of rollerskates, a group of clowns, and a large bass to throw Equestria into chaos.

Of course, I'm also going to inevitably need a substantial amount of 'legitimate' Equestrian currency to make all of this royalty stuff work the way your ponies expect. My changelings, being inimitably more efficient than ponies, don't need to bother with the concept in the first place. What do you think? Brothels? Orphanages? Do orphanages make money? Perhaps we could make a business out of hiring out substitute princesses. The other two, I mean, not you: I'd have to leave you off-limits for risk of my changelings straining themselves too far trying to emulate your prodigious frame. Maybe I could just infiltrate your banking system directly and produce all the money I need. What are your thoughts, Princess?

Yours in interesting business,
Queen Chrysalis




P.S. I'll be needing one of those railroad lines eventually. Nothing to concern yourself with: I've already secured most of the materials from your supplies.