• Published 6th Sep 2020
  • 3,679 Views, 4 Comments

Porphyry Prosperity - MetalBrony20



Spike the Dragon has an interesting little quirk. He likes his females big. Much bigger than him infact. When he discovers a way to make his dreams a reality, it will lead to unfortunate effects upon the waistlines and wardrobes of two individuals.

  • ...
10
 4
 3,679

Aftermath and Apologies

“Mmm, yes. This’ll be perfect for them, Ussmak thinks.” Within the somewhat grimy confines of his shop, the lizard poured over boxes of manuscripts, catalogues of artefacts and various other dockets, sourcing his clients desired item. They were piled up all around him, the only light source being a battered lamp, the magical crystal charging it running low on power, causing it to flicker and flash momentarily. Grabbing a short tatty pencil, he jotted down a couple of notes upon a large spiral bound notepad, citing where he had gotten the info from alongside a long list of contacts and locations.

Working in this profession was an odd business. Some days he spent with nothing to do. Other days he spent much like today, moving through his organised chaos of papers and books to pin down whatever was needed. He could spend literal weeks piecing together exactly where he needed to go in order to acquire the piece, or it could take one long afternoon to do so. Nothing was ever certain in the process of working though the data, but the outcome was always the same. Sipping from the glass to the side of himself, he let the cool water run down his throat, quenching his developing thirst.

Looking across the room, he caught sight of the clock on the wall, hiding in the long black shadows cast from the mountains of documents. Snorting, he rubbed his eyes. “Another all-nighter. Ussmak thinks that he should get a proper sleeping schedule.” With the hands pointing to just past seven, he pushed himself out from the desk. Skirting around stacks of books and towers of boxes, he grasped the worn handle of the door, letting himself out of the cluttered room.

Wandering into the hall, intent on fixing himself a breakfast, he almost missed the envelope sitting on the dusty floor. Grabbing it, he turned it over, smiling when he realised it wasn’t a bill of some sort. No, the address was handwritten, the professional, handwritten text awfully familiar to him. Using his claw like a knife, he opened the top, letting a single sheet of paper flutter out. Snatching it up, he began to read, his eyes widening in jubilation.


‘Dear Ussmak

I would like to first apologise for my parting words the last time we met. It was the first time I have ever bought items even remotely like that, from someone I met through someone else. I didn’t know what to expect from it all. I’ve written to you to express my satisfaction from the jewels I got. They worked better than expected, using them on my close friends as they shot up in height and shot out in weight. It really made my day, I’ll say that much.

I’ll tell you what though, the aftermath of it all was a little, interesting to say the least. Bringing two 7 meter tall dragons through the middle of a small town was cause for considerable alarm, I’ll tell you. Took plenty of explaining from me and the girls to calm everyone down and assure them there wasn’t a pair of giant dragons about to destroy everypony’s home.

Again, thank you ever so much for helping me out. If I ever need anything else, I’ll be sure to mail you with the details.

From
Spike’


Rereading it once more, Ussmak felt a small burst of energy, even in his sleep deprived state. Another happy customer, another happy day.

Comments ( 2 )

Fantastic!

Can someone make some fanart of this fic, please?

So...are Smolder and Ember just...stuck like they were in the last chapter now?

Login or register to comment