• Published 3rd Sep 2020
  • 1,352 Views, 4 Comments

I Want to go Home, Princess.. - I aint no damn brownie



Simon Henriksson is scared, lost, and confused. And he doesn’t know just how much he needs somebody- Err, somepony, to be there for him. But maybe.. just maybe.. he’ll learn. ~One-Shot

  • ...
1
 4
 1,352

I Want to go Home, Princess..

Princess Luna walked through the dream realm, content. She was glad to be able to do this again. During her time on the moon, she was barred from patrolling the minds of her little ponies.

She felt weird saying that. That was Tia’s thing.

She continued her stroll, occasionally stopping to look at a dream. It was almost like window shopping.

Little Spike was dreaming about Rarity, as per usual. Luna giggled. What a cute little guy.

Suddenly, she felt a deep chill go up her back. Something was wrong.

Usually, when a pony is having a bad dream, she can tell. She gets a gut feeling. If it’s REALLY bad, she gets an even worse feeling.

But... this?

Somepony was in danger. Somepony’s dreams were putting them in danger. She felt it.

But she felt.. that this was a special case. She knew it, she felt it, and she was damn sure of it. The pony having this bad dream.. was not from their land. Not from Equestria, not even from their world.

She looked around for this dream, not having any luck. That is, until she noticed a bubble. A dream bubble, way far out.

That was the one. She was sure of it.

She walked over to it, pondering just what was happening to this pony? Why was it putting them in danger? Are they even in danger, or is she just paranoid?

She stood in front of the bubble. It was dark and clouded. That was peculiar. Usually she could see into these things.

She channeled magic into her horn, and touched the bubble with a hoof.

Yowch! It shocked her!

She shook her hoof to get rid of the pain, before trying again; this time using more powerful magic. She felt her hoof slowly slip inside, and her vision fade. The usual process of entering a dream.

When she awoke, she was standing in a dark room. Or at least, she hoped it was a room.

She illuminated her horn. A simple light spell always did the trick.

She.. was definitely in a room. A hallway, actually. The halls were decorated in graffiti, along with the doors. Some doors were open, and some doors had the locks busted in, effectively blocking her from entering the aforementioned door.

She saw a light in front of her. Her shadow was in it. It was like she was standing in front of somepony shining a-

“Got the drop on ya!” She heard, before being hit over the head by a blunt object. She crumpled to the floor in shock.

Anger started to overtake her. Who.. WHO DARES STRIKE A PRINCESS?!

Luna stood up, turning to face the insolent whelp. What she saw.. surprised her.

It was a bipedal creature. It was wearing-

Luna dodged a second hit. What the buck?!

She couldn’t dodge the next one. The large stick roughly scraped the skin on her cheek with its hit, and she recoiled in pain. Damn it, that hurt!

“Stop it!” She yelled, casting a spell. The creature was frozen, locked in place with a blue aura surrounding it.

“You.. you can talk?!” It yelled. Well, that’s what she thought it said. It’s mouth was open, but it couldn’t move it’s lips.

HIS, lips. He was a male. That much she knew.

She got a good look at the creature. He wore a gray.. sweatshirt? Is that what those were called? Yes! He wore a gray sweatshirt, and pants. He was holding a large stick and a flashlight. He wore a surprised expression.

“Now.. I understand you cannot move. Good. Care to explain why you.... struck. A. Princess? Nay, care to explain why you would strike ANYPONY AT ALL?’” She yelled. She got dangerously close to the Royal Canterlot voice.

But for some reason.. she felt that doing so was a bad idea. So she just yelled at a normal decibel level.

“I innit-“ He started to say, before Luna unfroze him. “Thanks. Anyway.. I didn’t know you were.. intelligent. I didn’t know you could talk.” He admitted, surprise clear in his tone.

“Why wouldn’t I be able to?” Luna asked.

“Well, it’s just.. everything I’ve encountered tonight has.. tried to kill me. And, none of them spoke words.. mostly just squealing and yelling. Maybe some growling..” He trailed off. Luna stood slack-jawed.

Tried to kill him? Didn’t speak words? Squealing and growling?!

Luna got a good look at him for the first time that evening. What she saw caused her eyes to widen, both in fear and sympathy.

He was covered in injuries. Cuts, bruises, marks. His sweatshirt looked like it was barely holding on with all the cuts. How he wasn’t dead on the ground already, she didn’t know. All of the cuts were bleeding profusely.

And.. she wasn’t a good judge of this, but he looked like a child. His voice wasn’t too deep, and he hadn’t a single wrinkle on his face. A poor child, put through the wringer..

She lit her horn up. The boy started to back away, but she cast a spell. The boy was enraptured in a blue glow as each cut, scrape, bruise, and wound started to heal.

The spell ended, and the boy touched each injury slowly. He touched his face, and looked at his hands.

She knew it was a dream. The spell was pointless in the end.. but she felt like it was important. Like she knew it helped.

This dream was odd. It felt so real, yet fake at the same time.

“Did.. did you heal me?” He asked. She nodded.

“W-why? Why do you care about me?” He asked quietly. It was almost a whisper.

“Because. It is a Princess’ duty to help, care, and nurture for all; even if the ‘all’ in question isn’t one of their own subjects.” Luna smiled.

But.. the boy wasn’t smiling.

She looked at his eyes. They were becoming hazy, and water drops pricked at the corners of his eyes.

Tears started to fall.

Luna slowly walked towards him, and put her forelegs around his chest. She chose to wrap her wings around him for good measure. He started crying harder, and squeezed her so tight she felt like she would burst.

She shushed him softly, telling him the tried-and-true ‘It’s gonna be okay’ and ‘It’s fine now.’ Buzzwords, used by everypony that’s ever been in her position.

But if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, as Applejack would say.

“What’s troubling you, Young One?” She asked.

He sniffled. “I.. I just..”

He started to cry harder.

“I’m so.. scared!” He yelled, clutching her even tighter. She rubbed his back slowly.

“Why are you so scared?” Luna asked.

“Why d-do you think?! Everything wants me dead! And I-I don’t know why! What did I do?!?! What d-did I do to deserve this?!” He yelled, clenching his fists. He shook with anger and sadness.

“I had w-weapons before.. but now? I h-have nothing. I have a stick! A fucking STICK!”

His tone softened. “I wanna go home.. I want my mom!” He yelled, enunciating the ‘mom’ with more crying.

Luna rubbed a hoof along his back. “I understand your troubles, Young One. Pray tell, what is your name?” She asked.

“Simon. Simon Henriksson.” He said, sniffling. “What’s your n-name?”

“My name is Princess Luna, Princess of the night and co-ruler of Equestria.” She said, stroking her own ego.

“Equestria? Never.. *hic* never heard of it.” He said, wiping his nose with a sleeve. Luna grimaced at that, but fixed her expression.

“I didn’t expect you to.” She whispered, smiling.

They sat in silence for a while after that. Luna continued rubbing his back, whispering comforting words occasionally.

“Luna..?” He asked.

“What?”

“Why.. why am I still alive?” He asked. Luna’s eyes widened.

“Why would you ask me such a thing?” Luna asked, surprise in her tone.

“I don’t know. I.. I just.. I don’t want to live anymore. It’s not worth it.”

Luna slapped him. He grabbed his cheek in surprise, and because of the pain.

“Ow! What the fuck-!?”

“Never say that!” Luna yelled, looking at him in the eyes. His eyes widened significantly at her words. “Never say that. Every life is worth it. Nopony deserves death, and nopony should wish for it!” Luna scolded.

“S-sorry.” Simon said, looking at the floor.

Luna sighed. “There is nothing to be sorry about, Simon.”

Simon didn’t say anything.

“Simon, promise me something. Can you do that?” Luna asked, softening her tone.

“Depends.”

“Simon.. promise me you won’t give up.” Luna said, prompting Simon to stare at her. “Promise me you’ll live.”

He looked away in slight embarrassment. “I.. I don’t-“

“Promise me!” Luna yelled.

“Okay! I promise!” He exclaimed, putting his hands up.

Luna smiled slightly. It was a start.

They continued sitting together, staring off into space. Just... enjoying each other’s company. Eventually, though, he stood up. He let go of Luna as he did, and she pulled away.

“Thanks.. I really needed that.” He said, rubbing his eyes. He chuckled. “Man.. I’m such a pussy.” He muttered.

She nodded. “It was no trouble, Simon. And you are not.. what did you say? You are not a ‘Pussy’”

Simon laughed, which caused Luna to smile wider. But she slowly gained a frown as she felt her vision start to go white. Unfortunately, this meant it was time to go. She needed to wake up.

“Now.. Simon. I’m afraid this is where we depart.” She said, looking at the floor.

“W-What? You’re not staying? P-please! I need your help! You can’t leave me-“ He started to panic, but Luna interrupted his rambling.

“Simon!” She exclaimed, taking a deep breath. “Calm down, sweetheart. I have to go do my duties as a Princess. But I need you to remember.. for the rest of your journey, know this.” She looked into his eyes.

“Giving up.. is worse than failure. Do you get it? It’s not much, but please remember it.” She begged.

Simon nodded. “Okay..”

“Simon.. I know you can do it. Stay strong. Make sure your Mother doesn’t mourn the loss of somepony important to her. It’s a dangerous road ahead, that much is clear.. But don’t give up. Don’t take it sitting down, Simon. Be strong for me, okay?” She spoke softly. Simon closed his eyes and nodded.

Luna felt herself fade, and she was back in the dream realm. The bubble had disappeared.

-

Simon looked around, taking in the sights. The abandoned mental hospital.

With newfound resolve, he walked down the hall. He threw open a door and dodged an axe from a crazy guy in a mask.

He took care of the guy, and then took a deep breath.

He can do it.

For Luna.

Author's Note:

Yo! One-shot moment.

I just got a new phone, and what better way to test it out than by writing something with it?

(In case you didn’t know [you probably didn’t] I write with Apple notes)

But you know what? Apple fucked it up somehow. I don’t know what they did. It’s just different now. I’m probably going to go back to writing with my 6. It’s much more comfy and personalized.

But anyway, tell me of any mistakes so I can fix them! Constructive criticism is welcome! Hope you enjoyed, and..

Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 4 )

It's a bit reckless to leave a child in a dream that will likely kill them.

Also, isn't Luna's purpose to get rid of dreams like that?

10417334
you know, you make a good point

that's pretty fucked up

also, i think she kinda did her job. she made him feel better and less scared. She can't just get rid of bad dreams; she has to let ponies overcome them themselves.

10417336
Yeah but, the least she could do is stay with him and ease him through it.

I'm quite sure that dreams which KILL people aren't all that common, and since his life is literally on the line if he fails, it is quite messed up.

10417696
Well, she couldn’t. She ran out of time. What I had in mind is that it was some sort of alarm clock going off that barred her from staying in the dream realm too long.

Login or register to comment