• Published 17th Jul 2020
  • 288 Views, 33 Comments

My Cowboy I Met in Appleloosa - Creativa-Artly01



This story is to introduce my boyfriend OC based on my real life boyfriend, a boy I’ve known since second grade. Enjoy.

  • ...
29
 33
 288

Chapter 21-Wildflower’s Grief

Over the following days, the siblings do their best to get their mom out of bed or away from their father’s graveside but to no avail. “Mom,” says Cowboy with a sigh, “you can’t keep doing this. You need to let go.”

“But how? I can’t let go,” cries Wildflower. “Gold Bar was with me through everything, all the ups and downs, the loss of my first foal. He was there for all of it.”

“Mom,” says Sweetheart, “it’s time to let go.” Wildflower shrugs her off and continues to do what she’s been doing. The siblings go inside and sit down, deterred but not defeated.

“I’m worried about mom,” says Cowboy to his brothers and sister. “She can’t keep going on like this. It’s going to destroy her.” As they’re talking, I enter the room with Paint Splatter on my back.

“Honey, what’s wrong?” I inquire.

“I’m worried about mom,” he responds with a sigh. His voice is heavy, tired, dejected. “She has been spending everyday either in bed with that photo album or at dad’s graveside.”

“Well, I never got that chance when I lost my dad, everyone grieves in their own way,” I respond as I sit down next to him and take his hoof in mine. “She’ll come around in time. It’s going to be hard for awhile, but she has you guys to help her power through and that’s what really matters.”

“Yeah, I guess,” responds Cowboy. “We just hope that time is soon because we really don’t want her grief to be the end of her.” He lets out another sigh. “We can’t lose her too.” He bows his head as do his siblings. They echo his sentiment. They then leave the kitchen and I follow before taking Paint Splatter upstairs for her nap. I then head off to pick up Brushstroke from school. I can at least do that much to relieve some stress from my husband and his siblings.