• Published 17th Jul 2020
  • 286 Views, 33 Comments

My Cowboy I Met in Appleloosa - Creativa-Artly01



This story is to introduce my boyfriend OC based on my real life boyfriend, a boy I’ve known since second grade. Enjoy.

  • ...
29
 33
 286

Chapter 3-Seemingly Normal

Over the following weeks, I keep doing trips between Appaloosa and Ponyville when I’m able. That being on weekends mostly or on holidays when I don’t have an art class or one on one lesson in my art studio. Every so often, he’ll even make the trip up to Ponyville to see me which is quite a sweet gesture. Regardless, there’s always one question I always have to ask during our visits. “Are you staying out of trouble with Braeburn?” His answers vary. Sometimes it’s a yes and sometimes it’s not. Even so, we move passed it and continue to grow closer as a couple. My friends start noticing.

That night at the Apples, I’m chatting with Applejack. “Cowboy is great,” I sigh, “but why does he have it out for your cousin Braeburn so bad? He won’t give me anything more than ‘it’s always been that way’. It drives me crazy!”

“Well,” responds AJ, “that’s just what stallions do. You’re the one who likes him regardless of his faults. Remember?”

“Yeah,” I sigh back in response. “You’re right, I am.”

“How have the dates and just hang outs been goin’?” AJ inquires.

“Really well, actually,” I respond. “He’s so sweet. So charming. I see why you thought and I guess knew I’d like him, AJ.”

“Uh-huh,” responds AJ with a tilt of her hat. “Hard to get passed it when you were ooglin’ at him the entirety of the rodeo in Appleloosa.”

“Yeah,” I say, blushing in embarrassment. “We got talkin’ ‘bout your family on one of those dates. Your great aunt Apple Annie Oak Tree. Is it true you can do her triple lasso trick?”

“Shore is!” AJ responds. “I’ll show ya sometime. Now, what else, pray tell, did he tell ya about Auntie Annie?”

“That she was one of the best trick ponies of her day, one of the best sharp shooters too,” I respond.

“She’s so much more than even just that! Yeah, that’s part of it, but not all of it,” responds AJ, “Goldie gave me the pictures of my aunt and Flank. Wanna go see ‘em?”

“Sure,” I respond as I follow AJ into the farm house and into a room I’d never seen before. AJ then pulls out a box and begins showing me all the Annie Oak Tree stuff her gran had stored away.

“Wow!” I exclaim. “How does your granny have all this stuff?”

“This is only a fraction, the rest is at Goldie’s,” AJ responds with a giggle. “And Granny has it because she is one of Annie’s baby sisters.”

“Cool,” I respond. We then go through the box. AJ explains the photo albums, news articles, and other things to me. She tells me about Flank and their kids, Apple Jam and Golden Apple. She told about Annie’s passing and how it wrecked Flank and the foals. She told me how Flank eventually remarried another sharpshooter named Rita Froghoof and had a daughter, a filly with her. She told me how that filly was named Annice Apple in honor of Annie. It was all so sweet. A lot of it actually made me tear up or full on bawl cry. It’s so nice to see a pony so passionate about their family and where they came from and you can tell just by how AJ tells it that she’s proud to be a descendant of Apple Annie Oak Tree and Flank Flankler. She still has yet to meet Annice but has met Apple Jam and Golden Apple which is really cool.

“Yeah,” says AJ to me, “I’m proud to come from the bloodline of such an amazing and talented showmare! Annie was awesome but she had some health issues that took her before her time. I’ve met her son and daughter though and they’re really sweet. I haven’t met Flank’s other kid, the one he had with Rita though. I don’t know if I ever will but only time will tell. Regardless, I hope to meet your family someday.”

“Yeah, my sister and brothers, mom, aunt, uncle, cousins, grandparents, I don’t know when they’ll come to visit, it never lines up,” I sigh.

“Why didn’t ya mention your paw?” AJ inquires.

“I don’t wanna talk about it,” I respond beginning to cry.

“Ok,” responds AJ. “But ya know I get it, my parents are dead too? Is he dead?”

“Mmhmm,” I sniffle. “It’s just hard because his birthday is the day after mine...” AJ grabs me close as I begin to cry. She’s such a good friend and I’m glad she’s around. We change the subject and everything goes back to cheery and happy as we continue talking Annie Oak Tree and how much I love Cowboy and how I can’t thank AJ enough for setting us up. It’s been an all around eventful day and I can’t wait to see him again in a few weeks time. The love of my life! My Cowboy!