• Published 17th Jul 2020
  • 288 Views, 33 Comments

My Cowboy I Met in Appleloosa - Creativa-Artly01



This story is to introduce my boyfriend OC based on my real life boyfriend, a boy I’ve known since second grade. Enjoy.

  • ...
29
 33
 288

Chapter 19-Filly Number 2

Three years later, Cowboy and I welcome another little filly into our lives whom we name Paint Splatter. Brushstroke is thrilled to be a big sister. “She’s so cute,” says little Brushstroke before running around, jumping, and chanting “I’m a big sister! I’m a big sister!” At the top of her lungs.

“Shhh, calm down, your sister is trying to sleep,” I say with a smile. Little Brushstroke stops jumping around.

“Sorry, momma,” says Brushstroke blushing with embarrassment.

“Come, sit up by my side and see your sister,” I say as I pat the spot next to me with my hoof. Brushstroke comes over and sits down by me. I then help her hold her little sister.

“What’s her name, momma?” Asks little Brushstroke as she rocks the little tan filly with brilliant blond curls not dissimilar from her own.

“Paint Splatter,” I respond with a smile as I help her continue to hold and rock her little sister.

“We have a wonderful family,” says Cowboy as he comes over and kisses me on the cheek. “We’re so lucky. So blessed.”

“I couldn’t agree more!” I say with a smile as I look down in my lap at our two little fillies. “I really couldn’t agree more!”

About five days later, I return home with little Paint Splatter in tow in a little stroller and within the next hour, there’s already a knock on the door. Cowboy opens it for me and is surprised to be greeted by his mom, dad, brothers, sister, and niece, but he soon realizes they’re not the only ponies at the door as my mom and siblings are there too. “We wanted to meet the newest member of the family,” they all say in unison. Cowboy eyerolls and reluctantly lets them in. I don’t know why, they’re all family. Maybe because it hasn’t been even a whole day yet that I and the filly have been home. It’s hard to say for sure.

“I’m so proud of you, honey,” says my mom, Bakeleigh as she comes and sits next to me and gives me a hug before going on to hold her newest granddaughter.

“Ah, thanks mom, I’m glad,” I respond blushing.

“Grandma Bakey!” Squeals Brushstroke as she comes and hops up into my mom’s lap.

“Hey, silly girl,” she says as she embraces Brushstroke in a hug. “My! You’ve grown since the last time we were here!”

“I’m tree now!” Responds the filly as she draws a three out on a piece of paper with a crayon and shows it to my mom.

“So you are, wow! That’s big!” Responds my mom. Mom gets up and comes over and sits next to me with little Paint Splatter in tow as she notices that I’ve started to cry. “What’s wrong, honey?” She asks. “Arts, what’s wrong?”

“I wish daddy could’ve been alive to see this,” I sniffle. “Would he be proud of my too, momma? We did have that big falling out before his passing after all.”

“Of course, he’d be proud of you, don’t be silly,” responds my mom as she wipes the tears away from my eyes while trying not to cry herself. “He’d be oh so proud of you. Don’t you ever think he wouldn’t be.” She hands little Paint Splatter back to me so everypony else can have a chance to meet and hold her. My siblings are the first to take turns doing so followed by all of Cowboy’s family. By the end of it all, I’m exhausted and pass out not long after everypony leaves. Cowboy smiles and goes and puts Paint Splatter in her crib before taking Brushstroke outside to play with her cousin Double Heart. The two fillies laugh and giggle as they play tag and have an absolute blast. Cowboy hangs back on the porch of our house and catches up with his family.

“So, you’re a father of two now,” says his dad Gold Bar with a smile before breaking out into a cough. He’s still a sick old stallion. “How are you likin’ it?”

“It’s been good so far, but it hasn’t even been a week yet,” responds Cowboy. “But I can already tell Brushstroke has taken a real liking to her little sister. She’s so excited that she’s finally a big sister. She loves Paint Splatter so much.”

“Well, I know they’re gonna be much loved by their cousin, too,” adds Sweetheart with a chuckle and a grin.

“Absolutely,” agrees Cowboy. “Cousin play dates are a must especially when Paint Splatter gets older.”

“What else has been up with you as of late?” His mother Wildflower finally charms in.

“Other than fatherhood once more, rodeo practice as per usual,” responds Cowboy. “I just can’t seem to take a break from it.”

“That’s our boy,” chuckle Gold Bar and Wildflower, “you’ve been that way since you were a colt. You were always drawn to rodeo. How do you think you got the name Cowboy?”

“Ah, that makes sense,” responds Cowboy with a smile and a chuckle himself. “I know the story, mom and dad, you don’t need to tell me again.”

“What? About the fact your mom went into labor with you, into foal, on rodeo grounds,” chuckles Gold Bar.

“Yes, it’s embarrassing,” snaps Cowboy. “It’s not funny.” His face goes red with embarrassment. “Can you please just stop talking about it?” He snaps at his parents. He then turns and goes back inside the house being followed close behind by his siblings.

“You alright?” Asks Sweetheart as she sits down by his side and props his head up on her hoof.

“Honestly no, I hate when mom and dad bring up that story, big sis, it’s so embarrassing,” grumbles Cowboy angrily.

“Yeah, mom and dad have no tact,” responds Sweetheart, “but they’re good parents. To you, to me, to our brothers. Remember what they did, what all of y’all did when you found out that I was being abused and beaten by Powder Keg?”

“Yeah, they brought you home, got a restraining order on his ass, and we all helped you find a better boyfriend, Oak Root,” responds Cowboy, “then I and our brothers went and confronted Powder Keg for daring to hurt our older sister.”

“That you did, and I’ve been grateful ever since,” responds Sweetheart, “so what if they’re embarrassing! They’re not bad parents.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” responds Cowboy. “I still wish they’d stop bringing it up though, because Celestia! I hate that story so gosh darn much!” After Cowboy cools down for a bit and the anger subsides, he returns back outside after helping me to the porch chair so I can be outside with them while also tending to little Paint Splatter. He then gets in on playing tag with his niece Double Heart and our little Brushstroke. I smile and laugh as I watch from my perch. How did we get this lucky?!