• Published 17th Jul 2020
  • 288 Views, 33 Comments

My Cowboy I Met in Appleloosa - Creativa-Artly01



This story is to introduce my boyfriend OC based on my real life boyfriend, a boy I’ve known since second grade. Enjoy.

  • ...
29
 33
 288

Chapter 23-Family Dinner But Without His Mom

Meanwhile for dinner, we soon arrive at the Stable Corral. There, we are seated by our waitress, a young mare named Celeste. She then hands us our menus. “What would you like to drink?” She inquires with a notepad in hoof.

“Root beer,” says Cowboy. “Thanks.”

“I second that!” Chime in his brothers.

“Water,” says Gunslinger’s fiancé Honey Dewdrop.

“Lemonade,” says Arrowhead’s marefriend Snickerdoodle.

“Green tea,” says Sweetheart. “And a lemonade for my daughter.”

“Sure thing, I’ll be right back,” says Celeste as she puts the notepad back in her apron and trots off. A few minutes later, she returns and puts the drinks down at each seat. A few minutes later, Oak Root walks in and joins us, taking a seat by his wife. “What would you like to drink, sir?” Celeste asks him.

“A cider if you don’t mind,” he responds.

“Sure thing, sir. I’ll be right back with that.” A few minutes later, she returns with the bottle and puts it in front of him and pops it open. She also sets a menu in front of him. “I’ll be right back.” Celeste then trots off once again. A few moments later, she returns and we give her our orders.

“What will everypony be having?” She inquires sweetly.

“The spinach and mango salad,” says Sweetheart, “and for my daughter, a kiddie Hayburger and fries, thanks.”

“Hayburger and fries,” says Oak Root.

“Hayburger and fries,” says Cowboy.

“Hayburger and fries,” says Gunslinger.

“Hayburger and fries,” says Arrowhead.

“The daisy salad,” says Honey Dewdrop.

“Spinach and mango salad,” says Snickerdoodle.

“Hayburger and fruit,” I say with a smile. “Thank you.”

“Sure thing,” responds Celeste. She goes and gives the massive order to the chef. About fifteen minutes later, she returns with our meals and gives them to us. We then dive in, joking and laughing as we eat.

“So, you ready for your big day, little brother?” Says Cowboy to Gunslinger.

“Yeah,” he responds, “it’s only a few months away after all. We’ve been planning for months. I just hope maw is well enough to come. Losing paw is really taking its toll on her.”

“Yeah,” agree Cowboy, Sweetheart, and Arrowhead. “But she’ll come around in time, hopefully.”

“Yeah, hopefully,” responds Gunslinger.

About twenty minutes later, we finish our food and head off to the fair that is in town. There, we break off and go our separate ways. Most of us go on the coaster while Sweetheart and Oak Root take Double Heart to Filly Land. She doesn’t like the big coasters and rides. We pile into the two pony rows in the cars and lower the safety bars. Several more ponies get in and fill each car and then once everypony is in, we are sent off through the coaster. After awhile, we leave and part ways. Cowboy and I soon return home to two sleeping fillies. We go up to their bedrooms and Paint Splatter promptly wakes up and starts to cry. Brushstroke continues to sleep through it all. We then hear a familiar voice behind us. It’s his mom.

“How was dinner and the fair?” She inquires.

“It was good, thanks for foalsitting,” I respond with a smile as I give her a hug. “You doing better?”

“Yeah, thanks for that talk earlier, I needed that,” responds Wildflower. She returns the hug then hugs her son and leaves up to her room in the house for the night. She closes the door, reaches under the bed, and grabs her photo album and looks through it again. After getting Paint Splatter back asleep, Cowboy and I turn back in for the night ourselves. Once in bed, we fall fast asleep. Tomorrow, we head back home to Ponyville. We were just in town to celebrate his brother and help his mom after all.