• Published 17th Jul 2020
  • 288 Views, 33 Comments

My Cowboy I Met in Appleloosa - Creativa-Artly01



This story is to introduce my boyfriend OC based on my real life boyfriend, a boy I’ve known since second grade. Enjoy.

  • ...
29
 33
 288

Chapter 22-Trying at Helping His Mom Come Around

A few days later, I and Cowboy sit down with his mother Wildflower alone without his siblings. “Momma,” says Cowboy, “can you turn and look at us? My brothers and sister aren’t here. It’s just me and Creativa.” Hearing that, she slowly turns around.

“How are you doing, dearest ones?” She says her lips quivering from all the pain, grief, and heartbreak she’s going through.

“We’re fine,” we respond. Cowboy then goes quiet and lets me continue on my own from there.

“Wildflower,” I say meekly, “I understand pain and loss. It’s hung over my head for several years now. I know what you’re going through. I lost my dad while in college, one of my best friends pre senior year of high school and so, so much more. I know you have too. You wanna talk about it with someone who understands that pain, that loss of a loved one that they hold dear too?”

“Mmhmm,” she says with a nod. “Gold Bar wasn’t my first loss. The first was my first colt, my first son. He was stillborn. That was the first big one. Not long after that, my maw passed away from cancer and grandpaw from a stroke. Paw followed not long after. He too was a stroke. Three years later, grandmaw passed. Now, now I’ve lost my Gold Bar.” She busts out into tears. “I...I just can’t take it anymore. Why do I keep losing people close to me? Death isn’t fair. It’s never been fair. My entire world is gone. All I have of Gold Bar is gone.”

“That’s not entirely true, you have your children,” I respond. “Letting go is hard, but you need to move on. You have an identity outside your husband and I know that’s hard to see or understand, but you will someday. It took me years to understand that. You will too, in time. In time.” My own eyes begin to well up with tears. “It just takes time.” I take her hooves in mine. “But it’ll get better, I promise. I promise.”

“Well, I hope you’re right,” she finally responds with a sigh, her eyes still welled up with tears. “Here’s hoping it gets better with time.” She then gets up and goes to her room and lies down for a nap. I go outside where I find Cowboy standing there with his siblings and niece. Gunslinger’s fiancé is also there as is Arrowhead’s marefriend. We all head out dinner, unfortunately not with their mom in tow.