• Published 17th Jul 2020
  • 288 Views, 33 Comments

My Cowboy I Met in Appleloosa - Creativa-Artly01



This story is to introduce my boyfriend OC based on my real life boyfriend, a boy I’ve known since second grade. Enjoy.

  • ...
29
 33
 288

Chapter 14-That Night

Later that night, I sit down with Cowboy on the porch of his family’s farmhouse. “I can’t wait to be part of your family, you know that?” I say as I lay my head on his shoulder. “I’m so ready to marry you. I have been for months!”

“I know,” responds Cowboy. “I’m sorry I couldn’t ask earlier, I was just so busy.”

“Don’t worry, I completely understand,” as I take his hoof in my own. “I can’t wait for you to meet my mom and my siblings.”

“And what of your paw?” He inquires. I begin to tear up. “Uh oh, did I say something wrong?”

“No, no, it’s fine,” I respond. “I was close with him before he and maw divorced and before he took his own life. I was his baby girl, his birthday present, his everything.”

“Well, I’m sorry to hear that,” he says as he pulls me close into a hug and does his best to comfort me. I cry for several more hours before we go in the house and turn in for the night. Cowboy leads me into a guest room and helps me get comfortable for the night. I soon cry myself to sleep. Oh how much I still miss my dad! Oh so much! Oh so very much!

The next morning, I awaken to the smell of pancakes. I head down the stairs following the scent when I bump into my Cowboy. I embrace him in a hug. “You okay?” He asks. “I heard you crying last night in your sleep.”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I sniffle as I wipe the remaining lingering tears from my eyes and sit down. We then enjoy breakfast in the quiet. Afterwards, Cowboy and I leave the house so I can get some fresh air and can calm down.

“You know I’d never mean to upset you, right, my love?”

“I know you meant no harm,” I respond, “the wound is just so fresh. It’s only been a year maybe two now since his passing.”

“I didn’t know,” responds Cowboy.

“I know,” I sigh. “You did not know. You did nothing wrong. I should’ve told you.” We continue to walk quietly through Appleloosa before going back to his home for lunch. It’s been an interesting day so far, but hopefully it’ll turn around for the better and the happier in the hours to come.