• Published 17th Jul 2020
  • 288 Views, 33 Comments

My Cowboy I Met in Appleloosa - Creativa-Artly01



This story is to introduce my boyfriend OC based on my real life boyfriend, a boy I’ve known since second grade. Enjoy.

  • ...
29
 33
 288

Chapter 24-Dam’s Day

It’s a bright summer day outside when Cowboy takes me, his sister, and his mom out for a special Dam’s Day lunch. That means his brothers are on foalsitting duty which needless to say has me a little worried but at the same time, I can’t help but enjoy the break. Once at the restaurant, we are promptly seated. There’s roses on the table and soft lighting. Seems like most ponies are here for the Dam’s Day festivities. “It’s quite busy,” I say to Cowboy nervously.

“You’re going to be fine, I promise,” he says as he puts his hoof atop my own.

“Okay, I believe you,” I finally say with a sigh. A few moments later, the waiter arrives at our table and takes our drink order. I order a diet soda. His mom orders a water, his sister a green tea. A few minutes later, he returns with the drinks. I then immediately begin sipping on mine. We order our meals and wait for them to arrive. Fifteen minutes later, we have our meals and begin to eat and talk.

“Are you enjoying yourself, mom?” Says Cowboy across the table to his mother Wildflower.

“Very much so, thank you, dear,” responds Wildflower with a smile. She then turns around and orders a hot tea which the waiter promptly brings to her. She begins to drink it.

“What did you do with Oak Root for Dam’s Day?” Inquires Cowboy of his sister.

“He and Double Heart made me breakfast in bed and bought me flowers,” she responds, “it was really quite sweet.”

After a few more hours, we finish up dinner and we head home. After that, his sister returns to her husband and foal and as soon as she walks through the door of her house is greeted in a great big hug from her daughter. It’s definitely been a great Dam’s Day and we wouldn’t have had it any other way. That’s for sure.

Author's Note:

Dam=mother horse, Dam’s Day=Mother’s Day