• Published 13th Aug 2020
  • 548 Views, 2 Comments

Two Bands, One Love - My Rainbow Dash



Two different band leaders from two different bands have unknown feelings for one other.

  • ...
4
 2
 548

Chapter 5: The Truth and The House

Previously: "Hey." He says calmly. "What's wrong?" My throat becomes dry. I look away and don't pull away from his grasp. If it were someone else, I probably would have done that. But not with him. I sigh.

"I..." No words could come out. "Well... I'll show you once we get to my place." I look him in the eyes and I see his concern. "Umm. Can I have my hand back please?" He looks down to see that he was still holding onto my wrist. He immediately let go.

"Oh right. Sorry. I-" I cut him off by slapping a hand over his mouth.

"Hey. It's fine. Let's just, get back to my place." I turn around start walking, but when I don't hear a second pair, I stop and turn around. "Flash?" I see the blue haired boy still standing in the same place was originally in.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

He looked up at me.

"Oh, right. Sorry. I was just thinking. But, Dash, really. When we get to your place, please tell me what's wrong. I'm worried about you." I give a small smile. 'He cares about me. I know my friends care about me, but this feels different. Very different in fact.' I sigh.

"Alright. But this time, please follow me and not just stand on the sidewalk looking like an idiot. Okay?" He chuckled.

"Okay, Dash." He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. My cheeks heat up a little bit and my heart starts racing.

'Oh God. What's happening to me?' Then he did something that really surprised me. He kissed me on the cheek. My face was burning and was probably red by then. I shake my head a little bit and continue walking towards my house. Once we got there, I swallowed the lump in my throat.

The walk was silent and awkward. We were nearing my house and my heart was racing. I took a shaky breath in and walked up the stairs to my house. I saw Flash look around. He seemed confused. 'I'll tell him once we get inside.' I grabbed my keys from my bag and opened the door. We stepped inside the house and I lead him through the house, to my room, (but right after I locked the front door). I threw my bag on the floor as we entered my room. I took off my shoes and flopped onto my bed. Flash did the same, except he sat on the desk chair.

"Alright." I sigh. "Here's the truth. As you can tell, the house is empty. The reason why is because my parents are no longer here. They passed away a year ago and I've lived alone ever since. Lucky me that I got myself a job and can get things done as well as pay for the taxes. I'm surprised I manage though. I just... Well... I don't know... My life is a mess." I sniffled and I felt tears welling in my eyes. I covered my face with my hands. I heard shuffling next to me and a hand stroking my hair. I uncovered one eye to see Flash running a hand through my hair. I uncover the other eye and look at him. "Why do you care so much?" My voice was no louder than a whisper. He smiles and strokes my cheek.

"I care because you're you. There's no need to change that. But, really, why didn't you tell the girls? Any one of your close friends?" I looked away. I shook my head and some of my bangs fall over my eyes. He pushes them away and cups my chin so he could turn my head to face him and look him in the eye. His hand then moves to my cheek and he caresses it with his thumb. A smile blooms on my face. He smiles in return. He slowly pulled my face closer to his and I help by leaning towards him. Our eyes fluttered closed and I could feel his breath on my lips. Butterflies danced in my stomach as he pressed his lips against mine. Fireworks exploded in my mind and my heart beat wildly. I fully sat up and leaned in closer. We part from the kiss and our eyes open. A blush grows on my face and he smiles at me. He gets up from the chair and sat next to me on my bed. He wrapped an arm around me and I smirked. I then shoved him onto the bed so his head hit the pillows while I flopped on top of him. We laughed. He turned onto his side so I lay on my side. He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same while snuggling into his chest.

"Shouldn't you head home or something? Your mom's probably worried by now." I mumble into his chest. He shook.

"No it's fine. I'll tell her where I was tomorrow. I just want you to stay happy. You don't look so good when you're upset." I giggled.

"I don't think anyone is." He chuckled and squeezed me tighter. But not too hard. I felt him plant a kiss on my forehead and I smile.

"Love you, Rainbow." I hear him whisper.

"Love you too, Flash." I whisper back. I close my eyes and enjoy being held in the embrace of the one I love.

Unknowing to us, our lives were about to be changed and would only become more challenging as it goes.

Author's Note:

Yay! Chapter 5 has been completed. Just what I needed. Rhyme not intended.
So what's gonna happen to the couple? Something exciting?
You'll find out soon enough.

Comments ( 2 )

Great story so far!

Are we going to find out how Rainbow’s parents died?

Did Rainbow have to meet with child services or they don’t know yet?

Rainbow FLASH? Never seen that before!

Login or register to comment