• Published 24th Aug 2012
  • 1,256 Views, 31 Comments

The Greatest Decision of My Life - Octavia777



Sometimes you need to get away from discrimination. And sometimes that leads you to something good.

  • ...
2
 31
 1,256

Getting The Job

As I lived with Roseluck, we became closer and closer to one another. She was and still is my first and best friend. she's almost like a sister to me. One day, she suggested that I get a job so that I could pay my way and possibly get a house of my own. Not long before, a house was put up for sale at a pretty hefty price. It was a nice house after all.

So anyway, Roseluck came up to our room and said to me, "Say Octavia, maybe you should get a job so that you can save up snd pay for your own stuff and maybe buy that house that opened up down the street."

"I don't know Roseluck. Is anypony hiring right now?", I asked.

"I think the music store that's not too far from here is looking for somepony to hire. Maybe you could work there. I mean you do know a lot about music. Working in a music store would be great for you. And since you know so much, the owner may just hire you.

"What a wonderful idea, Roseluck."

"Well you know. I do have my moments."

"I'll go try my luck at the store. Wish me luck."

"Good luck, Octi." And with that, I leave the house and go down to the music store that was about a 4 yard walk from Roseluck's house. When I enter the music store, I see behind the ciunter, a young, white mare with a hairstyle that I've never seen before in my life. Her eyes were covered with sunglasses that looked to be purple tinted. Which I didn't think made much sense seeing as how she was inside a building.

"Yo," she said to me, "Wassup"

"I heard that you were hring and I could really use a job right now.", I replied.

"Hm. So. You need a job?", as she said this, she lifted up her sunglasses and I got a visual of her actual eyes. They were a beautiful and mesmerizing magenta that made me lose my train of thought for a second. I quickly snapped back to reality and saw that the whites of her eyes looked kind of bloodshot. Which, along with the way she spoke, indicated that she was definitely on drugs.

"Well?", she asked seemingly impatiently.

"Uh, yes ma'am.", I replied.

"Alright. Come with me. I gotta do the boring interview crap." I followed her to a room that was supposedly for interview purposes. She took a seat behind the lone desk that was there, which I assumed was her desk. While I sat in the other chair.

"Alright, first off, I'll need your name.", the young mare said.

"Octavia, miss.", I replied.

"Alright, Octavia, what makes you think you're cut out to work here."

"Well, I've worked with music ever since I was just a little filly. So I know a lot. I can also play several instruments quite well."

"What instruments can you play?"

"Violin, cello, contrabass, piano, guitar, and I can sing. However, I don't sing all too well, to be honest."

"Hm, you're honest, I'll give you that. And you play a lot of instruments. Which is impressive. Even if they're all boring, classical instruments."

"Uh, Thank you."

"One last thing that I legally have to ask you. Do you have a criminal record."

"No, ma'am, I do not."

"Alright then. Considering how long you've worked with music and the amount of instruments you play, I think you're more than cut out to work here. I think you'll be a natural. Even if it isn't really having to do with music. Truthfully, I just need employees. But anyway, your first shift will start on Friday at 5:00 PM. Will you be working part time or full time?"

"Full time, miss."

"Alright then. You'll be working for about 5 hours a day except on weekends where you will have those days off. You'll be paid weekly and you'll work for a pay of 5 bits an hour. Which adds up to a monthly salary of about 3875 bits. Basically, you'll get good pay here. Your weekly salary will be 175 bits. I can't wait to see you. Also, there's a tradition here that every Friday, if you decide to work overtime, we hold an awesome party. Where I'm the DJ and the host. Also, you get paid for it. So consider that."

"Ok. Thank you, miss."

"Oh come on. Call me Vinyl, Octavia. We're all family at this shop."

"Ok, Vinyl. I guess I'll see you on Friday."

"Alright. So, before you go, do you wanna smoke a joint with me?"

"Uh, no thank you."

"Suit yourself." She smoked the "joint" as I left the shop. I thought to myself that it would take a while to get used the fact that she's a stoner. But I knew I'd be able to do it.

I walk back to Roseluck's house to tell her the good news. But when I got there, it was locked. Roseluck gave me a key so I could enter the hosue when the door's locked. So I entered the house, and as I expected, she wasn't there. I waited almost an hour before she got back.

"There you are," I said as she came inside, "I was wondering where you were."

"I was just out getting a few things," she said, "So, how'd it go at the music store?"

"Wonderful! I'll be starting on Friday at 5:00 PM."

"Cool. By the way, I picked you up something when I was out." After saying that, Roseluck, or Rosey, as I call her, pulled out a brand new violin bow out of her saddlebag. As I held it my hooves after she gave it to me, I admired how beautiful it was and no other emotion except joy could fill my mind.

" Oh, Rosey. This bow is just wonderous. This such a thoughtful gift. Thank you!", I exclaimed as I hugged my best friend for giving me such a thoughtful gift.

"You're welcome, Octi.", she said as she hugged me back.

After all that had happened, we decided it'd be a good idea to hit the hay and call it a night. We went to our room and I got into my bed. There was something about that white unicorn named, Vinyl, that really made me unable to sleep and stop thinking about her. She was quite cute but there was no way I could have feelings for her. She's my boss. I decided to brush it off and finally get to sleep. Still, I had no idea why I couldn't stop thinking about her. It didn't matter then. All that mattered was getting to sleep at that moment in time. I had a big day on Friday. I needed all the sleep I could get.

Comments ( 5 )

You are in a desperate need of an editor. Oh pick me! Pick me! :pinkiehappy: Cause story wise, this is great, but mistakes drive away lots of people... I personally don't give a buck, but if you want more views you should look out. Or I could be your editor, P.M me if you want to!

Great story, nice chapter. :twilightsmile:

1277769

Right. In this case. Vinyl was obviously being serious. I don't really know why. But I felt like making Vinyl a stoner. Octavia isn't gonna try and stop her or anything seeing as how it's not unusual to see someone smoking unusual in this day and age. However, Octavia does detest smoking but tries to get used to it.

Login or register to comment