• Published 17th May 2020
  • 587 Views, 61 Comments

The Prince and the Poet - BrawnyBold



Prince Blueblood switches bodies with Feather Bangs to get away from royal duties.

  • ...
3
 61
 587

Conclusion

Back at Starlight's village, the townsponies were carrying on with their lives. Some of the ponies noticed a light blue unicorn stallion with gold manes approaching the village's main entrance. Around the stallion's neck was a gold chained necklace with a gold triangle at the center. The ponies then turned away as they thought it was just another traveler. The new stallion made his way towards Double Diamond who was talking to his friends.

"Excuse me," The new stallion said to Double Diamond.

"How can I help you?" Double Diamond asked.

"I'm new in town and I was wondering if you could tell me where to find Double Diamond." The new stallion requested.

"Oh, well I'm Double Diamond." Double Diamond said.

"Great, I'm Gold Chain and I'm suppose to deliver this letter to you." Gold Chain said as he pulled out the letter from his saddle bag.

Double Diamond looked at the envelope and read that it came from Feather Bangs.

"The letter will explain everything." Gold Chain added. Double Diamond opened the letter and began reading what Feather wrote.

Dear Double Diamond and friends,

I just want to inform you guys that I'm doing fine in Canterlot. The city itself is so great and I got to meet a lot of new friends. While traveling, I came to the decision that I must decline your offer of making me part of the village's new council. Being part of the village is great, it's just that I prefer to travel more often as I get to explore more of Equestria. I didn't want leave you guys hanging. Luckily for me, I came across my cousin, Gold Chain, and he was looking for a place to stay and work. I think it would be a great idea if Gold Chain stayed in the village and possibly be part of your council. I can tell you that Gold Chain is quite good when it comes to being a good leader. I'm letting Gold Chain stay at my place if you guys don't mind. Don't worry about me, I'll come back to the village from time to time. I hope to see you soon!

Sincerely,

Feather Bangs

"Gosh, it's a bummer that Feather Bangs is gone." Double Diamond commented. "He was doing so well here."

"Yeah, but my cousin is having a good time in Canterlot. He might be staying there for a while." Gold Chain said.

"Anyway, welcome to our village, Gold Chain!" Double Diamond said as he shook Gold Chain's hoof. "You're going to have a great time here!" Double Diamond nudged Gold Chain to follow. "Come with me, I'll show you Feather's place."

"If you could be so kind," Gold Chain said as he followed Double Diamond. The stallions arrived to Feather Bangs' house and made their way inside.

"This is it, Feather's house. I know it's not as shabby as your other home, but I do hope it will suit you." Double Diamond said.

"I think I'll be fine here." Gold Chain said as he dropped his saddle bag on the ground.

"I'll be heading out now. I can give you a tour of the entire town if you want. Just say the word and I'll start the tour." Double Diamond offered.

"I would like that." Gold Chain smiled.

"Great! I can't wait to get to know you!" Double Diamond said as he left the house. Once Gold Chain closed the door, he made his way to the bathroom's mirror. He took a good look at himself before his eyes set on his gold necklace.

"I can't believe this thing actually works." Gold Chain said as he lifted the gold triangle with his hoof. He used his magic to levitate the necklace off of his neck. Gold Chain's whole body glowed white and his form changed. The light disappeared and Blueblood was the one standing in front of the mirror. "I never thought that Auntie Celestia had such an interesting artifact."


Flashback

Princess Celestia brought out a gold-chained necklace to Blueblood.

"This necklace can allow you to change your appearance so no one can recognize you. I have used a necklace like this when I wanted to get out of the castle and explore Equestria." Princess Celestia levitated the necklace to Blueblood and he held it with his hoof.

"So how is this necklace involved with this 'important assignment'?" Blueblood questioned.

"I want you to disguise yourself as a common pony and stay at the village. While you're there, you will learn how common ponies do things. This can help you become a better prince. As you have said before, ponies will treat you differently if you were a prince. But that could change if you were a common pony yourself. You already have some experience while in Feather Bangs' body so I think you should be fine. You can return to Canterlot whenever you are needed." Princess Celestia explained. Blueblood took a moment to look at his necklace. He thought that this could be his chance to truly be with his friends in the village.

"Alright, I accept the assignment." Blueblood nodded.

"I'm glad you did. I'll let you pack your things before you leave. While you're in the village, remember to write to me about what you have experienced. It never hurts to inform me of your progress." Princess Celestia said as she left the throne room.

"Before I take my leave, I want to properly thank you, Feather Bangs, for filling in as me while I was away." Blueblood said. "As I have mentioned before, you will be compensated for your services."

"You're welcome, Blueblood." Feather said.

"It seems that we will see each other more often as I will also be staying at the village." Blueblood said.

"Actually, I'm not returning to the village for a while." Feather said.

"You're not?" Blueblood said with surprise.

"I want to spend some time with Rarity so she could get to know the real me." Feather said as he and Rarity held hooves.

"You should probably write a letter to our village friends to explain your absence." Another thought came to Blueblood. "Actually, you should also include some additional details as well."


End of Flashback

Blueblood looked out the window as he thought about his situation.

'This should work out. Not only I'll be able to stay in the village, but I'll also watch over Feather's house while he's in Canterlot. It's the least I could do for him since he has helped me. Now that I think about it, this feels almost the same as when I switched bodies with Feather. The only difference is that I'm a completely new stallion instead of somepony else. I can't wait to start my assignment.' Blueblood put on his necklace and transformed into Gold Chain. The prince turned and exited Feather's house. 'I wonder what Feather is up to right now.' Blueblood thought.


Princess Twilight's birthday party was taking place inside one of Canterlot Castle's ballrooms. All of Twilight's friends were attending the party. Rarity was standing near the entrance as she was waiting for somepony. Feather entered the ballroom and he smiled happily when he saw Rarity.

"Feather! It's so good to see you!" Rarity said as she trotted up to Feather and hugged him.

"Thanks for inviting me, Rarity." Feather said as he followed Rarity into the party.

"Girls! I want you to meet Feather Bangs!" Rarity said while her friends gathered and said their hellos.

"The pleasure should be mine for meeting the heroes of Equestria." Feather said while bowing.

"Heh, I like this guy already." Rainbow said with a smug look.

"Wait, I thought you were bringing Prince Blueblood to the party." Applejack said.

"Feather Bangs was Prince Blueblood." Rarity said.

"What?" Rarity's friends said at once.

"Yeah, it's actually a funny story." Feather began telling the story of how he switched bodies with Prince Blueblood.

The End

Author's Note:

That's the end of The Prince and the Poet. I want to thank everyone who followed this story to its' ending. I was able to complete it thanks to your support. I do hope you guys enjoyed this story!

Comments ( 4 )

"This necklace can allow you to change your appearance so no one can recognize you. I have used a necklace like this when I wanted to get out of the castle and explore Equestria." Princess Celestia levitated the necklace to Blueblood and he held it with his hoof.

Oh yeah I remember that in the comic when Princess Celestia disguise herself when she went to Ponyville as a different Pony wow

"Yeah, it's actually a funny story." Feather began telling the story of how he switched bodies with Prince Blueblood.

It's a very very long story guys

Wow this was a pretty nice conclusion and seeing how these two doing after being switched and everything so it looks like Prince Blue Blood is wearing the necklace that Princess Celestia where on the last time she used it and transformed into gold chain which interesting name decide to stay at the Village which good for him that he actually is going to be a better Pony and it looks like feather bang decided to stay at cantalot or maybe a Ponyville because since Rarity lives in Ponyville but still he even got to meet one of the elements of harmonies and even getting to know the others well I will say this is a pretty good story keep up the good work

Personally I think blueblood should have gone to the town without the amulet, he still lying to them he someone he not, better to start truly fresh as just plain old blueblood no titles, a town so far away most likely wont even know of prince blueblood and if they do at least he being honest

Login or register to comment