• Published 17th May 2020
  • 585 Views, 61 Comments

The Prince and the Poet - BrawnyBold



Prince Blueblood switches bodies with Feather Bangs to get away from royal duties.

  • ...
3
 61
 585

Doing Things Differently (Feather Bangs)

It was early morning when Feather was inside of Blueblood's room. Feather was reading Blueblood's response to Feather's daily updates. Feather informed that he stumbled upon Rarity and she was easily angered when she saw him. Feather even asked what happened between the two of them. This was Blueblood's response:

Dear Feather Bangs,

I am impressed that you managed to maintain your cover for this long. As for the matter with Rarity, DO NOT AFFILIATE WITH THAT MARE!

Feather paused as he was surprised to read such a response from a prince. Feather continued to read on:

That mare is nothing but trouble! She came to the Canterlot Castle during one Grand Galloping Gala and she demanded me to pay attention to her! She wanted me to open the door when I didn't want to dirty my hooves on the door knob. She insisted that I pay for her friend's food when I already have other ponies to pay for my things! The worst part of that night would be when a large cake was about to land towards me and I used that mare to block the splatter so I did not get any stains on my coat. But that mare began to shake off the cake and my coat became filthy! I have no clue on why the princesses still allow that mare to take part in events in Canterlot. There was one time when my Auntie Celestia allowed that mare to stay at the castle! I had to stay in my room until she returned to wherever dirty town she came from! You will appreciate my advice of staying completely away from that Rarity! It is for the sake of my good name and to prevent you from potential disasters that would ruin my good name!

Sincerely,
Prince Blueblood

Feather couldn't believe how awful Prince Blueblood was to such a beautiful mare. Feather thought that Blueblood only acted a bit snobby as it was expected for royalty, but Feather began to think that Blueblood was a downright meanie.

'If I were Blueblood, I would've treated Rarity like any beautiful mare I came across to.' Feather thought before he noticed his reflection at the large mirror.

'Technically, I am 'Blueblood'.' Feather thought as he thought of many possibilities of wooing Rarity.

'But I could get in trouble for not following Blueblood's advice.' Feather said in his thoughts. He then noticed a decorative vase that was sitting by the window.

'Well, I guess it never hurts to apologize to Rarity for Blueblood's sake.' Feather thought as he used his horn to start writing a letter.


Canterlot Carousel was bustling with customers as they shop for the latest outfits made by Rarity. As usual, Sassy Saddles was running the register while Rarity was helping out mares pick out dresses that were best suited for them. A short, unicorn stallion wearing a bellhop uniform entered the boutique while carrying a vase full of flowers with his magic.

"Excuse me! I'm looking for a Ms. Rarity!" The bellhop stallion announced.

"I'm Rarity," Rarity said as she approached the bellhop stallion.

"Special delivery!" The bellhop stallion said as he placed the flowered vase on the counter. Rarity looked in awe from how beautiful the flowers were.

"Ooo! A gift from a secret admirer?" Sassy Saddle smirked.

Rarity levitated a small card from the center of the flowers. "It says, I apologize for my past actions, I hope that this vase full of flowers says otherwise. Sincerely.... Blueblood?!" Rarity said with rage in her voice.

"Wow, a gift from the prince!" Sassy Saddle said in amusement. Rarity just levitated the flowery vase and smashed it to the ground. Rarity panted heavily as she was angry Blueblood had the nerve of sending a vase full of flowers in a lame attempt to apologize to her. Rarity stopped when she noticed that most of the customers stared as the sound of the crushing vase caught their attention.

Rarity quickly cleared her throat and turned to the customers. "My apologies for startling all of you, my faithful customers. I will clean up this mess, please resume with your shopping!" Rarity levitated a broom and a dust pan and brush up what was left of the flowery vase. The bellhop stallion gulped as he hurried out of the boutique.


'Wow, Rarity must really hate Blueblood if she made such a scene.' Feather thought as he recently heard from the bellhop stallion of what happened to his gift. Feather looked out of from his glass window as he tried to think of some other way to be on Rarity's good side. It was difficult for Feather as he was impersonating the one stallion Rarity despises the most. He remembered from one conversation he heard at one of his tea parties that a charity ball was being held to donate clothing and money to the poor and unfortunate. Feather also overheard that the event was sponsored by Canterlot Carousel and Rarity was the host for the event. Feather quickly rang his bell and Bellhopper entered the room.

"How may I be of service, my prince?" Bellhopper said while doing his usual bow.

"I would like to attend a certain event." Feather requested. Bellhopper raised his head as he was startled from hearing the prince actually wanting to go to an event.


It was the night of the charity ball and it took place at the Canterlot Garden. A majority of Canterlot's elites came to the ball as it involved Rarity who had already made a big name for herself. Rarity wore a sparkling, light blue dress and her mane was done up in a more curly mane style. Rarity was currently speaking to some of the party guests about certain topics.

"Rarity!" Sassy cried out while trotting towards the unicorn.

"What is it?" Rarity asked.

"I have some news to tell you and I'm not quite sure you will like it." Sassy said while biting her lips.

"What do you mean?" Rarity said until she looked behind Sassy and understood why Sassy was worried. Rarity saw Blueblood standing by the food tables while acting as casual as possible. Some of the nearby guests started to whisper about Prince Blueblood. Rarity growled heavily as just the sight of Blueblood made her blood boil.

'That snobby prince had the nerve of crashing one of my important events!' Rarity thought as she began to march towards Prince Blueblood.

'Uh oh,' Feather thought as he saw an angry looking Rarity approaching him. Rarity reached a certain distant and was about to say something until Sassy ran up between her and Prince Blueblood.

"Prince Blueblood! It is such an honor of you to attend our charity ball!" Sassy said while bowing.

"It is no problem," Feather responded. "I do enjoy attending elegant parties such as this one. You have really outdone yourself, Ms. Saddles."

Sassy gasped. "Y-you know who I am?!"

"Of course, I have read about you from many fashion magazines." Feather replied. "You managed to help many ponies run such successful fashion boutiques. And might I say that you are doing an amazing job running Canterlot Carousel."

"Why thank you," Sassy giggled. She then moved over to reveal Rarity who was very confused. "But you have thank Ms. Rarity for all of the credit. It was her idea of opening another boutique in Canterlot."

"I do apologize for coming to your event without your knowledge, Ms. Rarity." Feather said while bowing. "I promise that I will keep a safe distant and behave while attending this ball." Before Rarity could say anything, Sassy grabbed her by the shoulders.

"Will do, your majesty! Rarity and I must mingle with more guests!" Sassy then pulled Rarity away.

"Look, I know that you and Prince Blueblood had bad history together." Sassy whispered to Rarity. "But try to grin and bear it until he leaves or the charity ball is over. You don't want everypony to see your ugly side, do you?" Rarity put some thought into it and she indeed needed to keep up in a calm manner and not scare any pony.

"I apologize, Sassy. I will do my best to keep my distance from Blueblood." Rarity said as she calmed down.

"That's great!" Sassy smiled. "Besides, maybe Prince Blueblood really is trying to make it up to you. That flowered vase was a bit of a good start and he just promised to behave himself while he is here." Rarity sighed as she tried to control her emotions. She then realized what time it was and hurried on to the stage. The spotlight immediately shined when Rarity trotted up to the stage and used her magic to levitate a microphone.

"Thank you all for coming to the Canterlot Carousel's Charity Ball!" Everypony in the crowd clapped and cheered.

"I appreciate all of those who have donated for such a noble cause!" Rarity was about to continue until Sassy hurried over to Rarity, whispered something in her ear, and have Rarity a small card.

"It appears we have one last donation for our charity ball! And the amount donated is....one thousand bits!" Rarity said in complete shock. Everypony in the crowd reacted with surprise to hear that a large amount of cash was given.

"The one who gave this huge amount of money is...." Rarity looked at the card to be completely shocked again. "Prince Blueblood?!" The crowd was shocked again and noticed that Feather was coming up to the stage followed by a well-dressed unicorn mare using her magic to levitate a check with a thousand bits written on it.

"Yes, Yes, I wanted to show my support for not only for charity but also for Rarity who has been working hard in her fashion career. I do hope that she strives as one of Equestria's fashionable mares." Feather said to the crowd. He too was also shocked when he realized that Prince Blueblood had such a large amount of bits at his disposal. What Feather was donating didn't make any dents to how much Prince Blueblood had. Feather offered a hoof to Rarity to shake. Rarity was still in complete shock that the stallion she despised the most was for once giving. She had a gut feeling the prince was doing this for another reason besides what he just said. Before Rarity could say anything, Sassy went up next to her.

"Wow! This is such a nice thing for you to give us this amount of bits, your majesty!" Sassy said out loud. "Rarity would love to accept this donation so we could help anyway we can. Is that right, Rarity?"

Rarity knew that she couldn't turn down such an offer especially since she was in front of a whole crowd. She only smiled and shook Feather's hooves.

"I humbly accept your donation, Prince Blueblood." Rarity said through her teeth. The crowd cheered once again from Prince Blueblood's act of 'kindness'.

'You're not convincing me, Blueblood' Rarity said in her thoughts as she continued to smile as photos were taken.