• Published 4th May 2020
  • 6,029 Views, 298 Comments

Help! I've Turned Into a Princess! - ScorchingFlamesInc



What's worse than becoming a pony? I'll tell you. Transforming into Princess Cadance during a college class and waking up in a horse-trailer. Yeah. Life's screwed up.

  • ...
47
 298
 6,029

Chapter 21: Now Let's Get to What's Important...

"Okay, so repeat to me what happened," Shining said to me after we had breakfast. It was just us two in the room at the moment.

"You... or at least I thought it was you... forced me to make you food," I explained. "And so I went to the kitchen. And while I was there, my shadow crawled out of the wall. It looked very weird, and... unnatural. And then you come in and say that it wasn't you that had me make food."

"And it wasn't."

"So... what do we do?"

"One thing's for sure... we aren't safe," Shining declared. "None of us are."

"And I'd like to mention that this may or may not be connected to my situation."

"How so?"

"The shadow changed its look," I explain. "Where I come from... I'm someone who's literally seen your history on a screen. A bunch of my kind have, too. One of the things I've seen was Tireks attack on Equestria, when Twilight and her friends were still around. At some point, Discord, who ended up joining him, was betrayed by Tirek and had his magic taken. And when Tirek took Discords magic, I saw what it looked like... it's a bit hard to describe. But the reason why I mentioned it was this... when my shadow crawled out of the wall, it looked just like that magic!"

Shining blinked.

"Well... that's a lot to learn," he muttered. "Anyway, are you sure it looked like that?"

"It had to be... I remember it... *gasp*!"

I then remembered. The flashback that Princess Twilight showed me. That night, when Cadance was cast to Earth, and resulted in me controlling a body, there were bolts of magic shooting out of the orb.

And it looked just like it. The chaos magic!

"The pearl... I know how powerful that pearl is!" I shake Shining. "And that's what makes it dangerous! It's chaos magic! Your sister showed me a flashback... and that bolt that brought Cadance to Earth looks just like the shadow, Discord's magic, all of it! And if the pearl's gone... then that makes things really bad! It makes so much sense as to why Cadance was sent to Earth, and my mind or soul was put in her body! But now that I talk about it... I feel like there's more to it than that."

"Wait a minute, I need to interject..." Shining said. "How do you even know if what you're saying is true?"

"Well... I don't... but although there are times where I forget things, this is not one of them. That pearl is gone... hence why Discord's gone too! Yes, I was told that as well!"

"That does have a good link... but why would Discord be gone too?"

"Either he took it, or something wild is happening," I guessed.

"I'm not going to let us sit here and do nothing!" Shining stood. "I'm going to alert my sister right away!"

"I'm coming with you!"

"That's probably for the best... we'll also bring some guards."


***


When we got to the castle, things seemed fine at first. There were guards there, and there wasn't much going on. But as we got closer to the throne room, something started to feel more... wrong. Were there less guards than usual? And if so, why is everyone else being ignorant? Or maybe I'm being paranoid since I haven't been this far in the castle before.

Shining assured me that we'd be fine, but I could tell that he was unsure. At least we had a bunch of crystal guards by our side.

It wasn't long though, before we finally reached our destination. The throne room doors were open... and the room was dark and empty.

"Hello?" Shining called out, stepping closer inside. "Twi?"

"Maybe we should turn back?" I whimper, going past the door.

That turned out to be a mistake, as the doors suddenly slammed behind me, separating Shining and I from the rest of the guards.

"Shit!" I ran to the door and pounded my hooves on them. They didn't even jiggle. Shining helped, but nothing happened.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of a small scuttle.

"Did you hear that?"

Shining nodded.

The sound hissed again, but in a completely new direction than what I thought I heard it from. Shining Armor and I both slowly looked around the room. I could feel the force of my heartbeat increase.

And then something landed on the ground in front of us. It raised its head.

It was Princess Twilight. She didn't look too happy to see us.

"Princess!" I exclaim. "What's going on? Why is the place-"

"You have no right to come here," she snarled.

"Listen, Twi, we're here because there was an incident concerning Leo's shadow," said Shining.

"I don't care."

"Don't care?!" I was shocked to hear Twilight say that. I would've never expected somepony like her to say that, especially to her own brother. "Twilight, Shining and I were talking, and I think there's some sort of danger lurking around. We need your help."

Twilight's frown turned into a sneer. "How can I help... when I won't be there to do it?"

"Huh?"

Twilight's eyes all of a sudden rolled back, and her head dropped. It looked like she passed out, but... why was she still standing?

And then I saw it. Something was protruding out of her neck. Not in a gory fashion, but it was still obvious. It looked like strings, but why were they shadow-like?

My eyes followed the strings... shadows... whatever... until they finally saw where the straws were sourced.

My shadow held the strings, connected by a shadow-y operating cross for puppets, something that I definitely wasn't holding.

The shadow grinned at me. I looked at Shining.

He could see it too.

I returned my gaze to the shadow. Suddenly, with all its might, it pulled the cross, which pulled the strings, which pulled Twilight herself, right to the wall.

I expected Twilight to slam into the wall, but instead, she vanished right into it, as if it was a portal to another world.

"TWILIGHT!" Shining and I ran over to where she disappeared. The only thing that remained was her royal regalia, which fell and clattered to the ground when Twilight was taken.

I took one last peek at my shadow.

It smiled, and then it swirled out of existence.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I'm back.

So, since plenty people check this story out, I might as well take a shot at addressing a couple of unrelated things.

First of all, if you're fans of Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow, then I could use some help on another story of mine. It's completed, but I want to expand it so it seems less rushed (because it's been pointed out a few times). Problem is, I don't know what to do. If you want to help, feel free to reach out. If not, then that's completely fine. Just thought I'd bring the thought out to a crowd.

Second of all, I got a Q/A blog up, so if any of you are interested, feel free to stop by. Just like the last paragraph, I'm leaving it out as an option. The link is here.

I usually don't market my stuff on my stories, so I'm probably taking a stretch, but at least I'm not being forceful. At least... I don't think.

Want to check out more of my content? Click here: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories