• Published 4th May 2020
  • 6,013 Views, 298 Comments

Help! I've Turned Into a Princess! - ScorchingFlamesInc



What's worse than becoming a pony? I'll tell you. Transforming into Princess Cadance during a college class and waking up in a horse-trailer. Yeah. Life's screwed up.

  • ...
46
 298
 6,013

Chapter 13: Even Cadance has more Answers Than Twilight.

"Can't you speak?" I asked the shadow... also known as Princess Cadance, of course.

Shadow Cadance just stared for a moment before she slowly shook her head and gave me a sad look.

"Hmmm..." I pondered what else to ask before I noticed a small blackboard nearby. I pointed to it. "What about magic? Can you do magic?"

Shadow Cadance looked at the blackboard before she closed her eyes. Her horn began to glow a shade of grey. That same grey glow covered the blackboard and a piece of chalk, before they both lifted into the air and levitated to her.

"Okay... you can..." I say. "Do you see where I'm going with this?"

Shadow Cadance nodded before she scribbled on the blackboard. I read what it said.

Yes.

"Alright," I began. "I still have a few questions. Why was Twilight cutting to the chase over the flashbacks and my questions? How are you even here?"

Cadance scribbled on the blackboard.

To answer your question about Twilight, the best answer I can think of is that she's skeptical. She's seen humans, but they were from a whole different dimension.

Cadance erased her writing and wrote a couple more sentences.

She wasn't sure just how different you "Earth" humans are to the mirror world humans.

Cadance erased and rewrote.

To answer your second question, I was here for a while. It was magic that allowed me to take control of your shadow.

Yet again she erased and rewrote.

Ever since you first took control of my body after the incident, I've been locked in the deepest part of your mind. *erase, rewrite* I was unable to do magic that affected the outside world, and you had no idea how the properties of magic worked. So I was unable to help you. *erase, rewrite* However, I could still do magic inside your head. So I was working on accessing spells that could tie my magic to yours. *erase, rewrite* Luckily, while you were in that mysterious transport device... what I learned was called a van... I finally managed to connect my magic to yours and grab the thing that steers the truck.

"That was you?" I replied. "That explains why my magic suddenly activated and grabbed the wheel! That wasn't me, that was you!"

Cadance nodded and wrote on the blackboard.

After you went unconsious, I began working on a spell to bring me out of your body. *erase, rewrite* And now, it worked. Though only you can see me.

"How come I never encountered you when I was dreaming?"

Because the place I was trapped in was so deep in your mind, it would have taken effort to find me. For both of us.

"Oh."

Does that answer all of your questions?

"It does. So what now?"

I can't return to your mind until sunrise. That's how the spell works. The spell I casted enabled me to leave your head at will every sunset, but I can't return until sunrise.

"There's a spell for everything, huh?"

Actually, it was just convenient that there was a spell like that.

"So... when I return to the castle... what should I do? I mean... you have a family. Can't you just switch places with me? I'm the shadow and you're... you? I don't want to have to deal with telling ponies who I am."

Unfortunately, I can't. It will have to be up to you to care for the family. Whether you want to tell everypony who you are is up to you.

"Twilight said the exact same thing. But what will ponies think? I can't lead a whole place. I'm just a guy from college who suddenly got in this mess and is no longer home and-"

I suddenly noticed my vision get coated with a shade of grey, and I felt my body pull closer to Cadance. She wrapped her hooves around me.

"What are you doing?"

I saw Cadance write on the blackboard and she turned it to me so I can see.

My link to your mind is allowing me to feel the amount of anxiety you are having. I'm trying to comfort you. I know you may not need it but...

"It's fine... thanks."

Listen, we can talk about this tomorrow. I can give you advice on watching over the place, and telling the truth to my family. And maybe I can even prove to them that I'm still here. They can't see me. But they can see the objects I move.

"That's not a bad idea..."

I felt my body lift and lower into the bed. I guess Cadance knew I didn't want to risk feeling extreme pain?

"So... I guess you probably thought it was stupid that, when I was in the barbed wire gate, I didn't crawl out and risk a few scratches?"

The lowest piece of wire was too low. You wouldn't fully crawl out without deep scratches anyway.

Cadance then turned her head and noticed something on a stand. She went over and picked it up with her magic.

It was a drawing. I didn't notice until now. It looked like it was from Flurry. She probably left it while I was out. The drawing was messy, but it appeared to be me. The writing, however, was indecipherable.

I noticed Cadance's white eyes curve into sad eyes.

I guess it was my turn to comfort her.

"You still miss them... don't you? I bet you felt sad just bringing the subject up... Flurry's drawing just brought upon a deeper impact."

Cadance nodded.

"Don't worry... remember the plan you thought of. As long as you use your magic to prove that you're there, maybe you'll feel a little bit better."

Cadance looked at me.

I wasn't sure if she was giving me a smile of sorts, since she had no mouth. but I had the feeling.

"You'll just have to wait..." I looked at my wing and sighed. "For a while."

Cadance looked at my wing. Then at hers. She then carefully put her hoof on my fractured wing. Before I knew what was happening, I saw the wing on Shadow Cadance slowly disappear... along with the pain in my wing. By the tine Cadance's wing was completely gone, my wing felt better.

"What did you do?" I asked.

Cadance got her chalkboard back and wrote.

Another convenient spell. I risked a part of my shadow body to heal your wing. Once the doctors take notice that you're 100% fine, we'll be free to go.

"Well thank you," I leaned my head back into the pillow. "I don't think I could handle a few weeks of feeling a fractured wing."

I yawned.

"Well... I gotta sleep at some point. You?"

Cadance wrote on the blackboard.

I may be a shadow, but I can fall asleep as well. I wish sweet dreams.

Cadance set the blackboard down, lowered to the floor, and lied down.

"Are you sure you can handle sleeping on the floor?" I questioned.

Cadance nodded.

"I mean, it's unconfortable."

Cadance shrugged.

"Hang on..."

I grabbed the pillow with my teeth and held it in front of Cadance.

She waved it off, as if to tell me it was fine.

"I insist... I'll be fine."

Cadance looked at it.

"Just take it... please."

Cadance actually gave in and placed the pillow under her head. She rested her head on it.

Ignoring the fact that a shadow is lying her head on a pillow, I brought my head down on the bed. It was less comfortable, but the fact that Cadance was locked in my mind and she isn't able to speak to her family, I felt bad. Besides, I was trying to be nice.

But when I fel asleep, I had a strange thought... I don't know how... and I don't know why... but I could have sworn that I've seen a tiny bit of my personality in Cadance.

And... if I turned into Cadance... then why am I the real Cadance and it's like I'm possessing her?

Author's Note:

I don't know what to say.

WANT TO CHECK OUT MORE OF MY CONTENT? CLICK HERE: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theroies on what will happen. And always let the Brony or Pegasister within conquer your creativity.