• Published 4th May 2020
  • 5,994 Views, 298 Comments

Help! I've Turned Into a Princess! - ScorchingFlamesInc



What's worse than becoming a pony? I'll tell you. Transforming into Princess Cadance during a college class and waking up in a horse-trailer. Yeah. Life's screwed up.

  • ...
46
 298
 5,994

Chapter 20: This Explains the Weirdness...

I woke up, immediately with a dull feeling in my head. I guess this is what it felt like to return to a physical body or something...

Anyway, one of the first things I took notice of was that I wasn't on a bed... I was on a couch, obviously, since Cadance seems like one to keep promising. Now, let me just say that the mindscape, and reliving my younger life, was awesome. Even better, I could experience owning things I didn't own before. So it was pretty neat owning a slick gaming station, with one of those glowing keyboards and speakers. Sure, it's happened in my past dreams, but it felt more real.

I got off the couch. All my royal regalia was neatly piled on the floor nearby.

For the heck of it, I put it all on. I noticed I had bedhead, which I never worried about. However, to respect Cadance and just in case I went outside, I (with the help of some guards. Jeez this place was huge) went to the bathroom to fix my mane the best I could. And I had to say, it wasn't as hard as I thought. All I needed to do was run it along the hair so everything can be flattened and neat. I was a bit worried it would undo itself, but I reminded myself that this was the daily style, and it would probably be fine.

So, without struggle, I got that done, and went to the next place I thought I had to be at: the dining room. I needed a bit of guidance yet again, but halfway through, I caught on and took it from there. When I came in, I saw that Cherylis, Tirick, and Kenzy were there, but no sign of Shining and any other guards.

"Morning," Kenzy greeted.

"Good morning," I replied. "Have any of you seen Shining?"

"He went out looking for you," Tirick explained.

As I took my seat, the doors opened, and Shining came in.

"Hey, Cadance! Or... Leo... I was looking for you," he said.

"Hey, Shining," I greet in response. "Looking for me so I could be ready for breakfast?"

"Well..." he started. "I was hoping you could."

I blinked. Everyone else did too.

"Excuse me, what?!"

"Come on, it's not too bad," Shining assured, lighting his horn and pulling me out of my seat. And I don't know about you, but something about this wasn't right. Up until now, I've never decided to speak out against how wrong everyone was acting.

"Now listen, Shining!" I exclaimed. "First, humans on Earth do things that I should consider inhumane! Then, I'm being forced to rule to keep up a ruse! And now, you're making me cook?!?"

"You can cook, though, right?" Shining asked.

"Well... not too much," I explained.

"Then you'll be fine."

Shining led me out of the room.

"Wait, where's the kitchen?!"

"You'll find it."

Shining closed the doors, leaving me perplexed.

Well, time to look for the guards again.


Later...


It didn't take long for me to find the guards. As they led me to the kitchen, I was deep in thought.

Up until now, I've never thought about how nearly everyone I met was acting. I don't think humans, or the government, would go as far to get their hands on me. Would the government even pay to get their hands on me? Not only that, but Equestria wasn't much different either. Would Twilight really do what she's been doing? It seems like she's trying her best, but still having me rule for a ruse is still slightly strange. I understand... she doesn't want to stir panic. But there could always be other ways around this.

And I thought Shining, even though he probably agreed with Twilight's choice, had my back in other ways. But now I wasn't as sure. Siding with Twilight was enough, but this was too much.

We soon found the kitchen, which surprise surprise, wasn't actually far. Honestly, I thought it would be next to the dining room, but this was fine too.

The guards wished me luck and left me alone to make breakfast.

Wait, what did Shining even want me to make?!

I checked some places for cookbooks, but when I finally saw them, I saw something move out of the corner of my eye.

I turned around.

And I saw my shadow staring at me, and waving... something I wasn't doing.

For a second, I thought that Cadance managed to come out earlier in mornings, but then my mind realized that wasn't it. For one thing, it seemed less... natural. Alright, becoming Cadance during school while Cadance herself becomes a shadow was already unnatural enough, but the way this thing was moving was off...

And then it stopped waving.

And then I saw two hooves come out of the wall.

They weren't black, or misty, or shadow-y. As soon as the hooves came out of the wall, they changed. They had an appearance that I found very familiar...

Remember how Discord's magic looked when Tirek sucked it out of him back in the season 4 finale?

The hooves looked like that. Only they were shaped like... hooves. And very distorted.

The shadow crawled out, looking like this strange manifestation the more it came out.

I wanted to back away, but I was frozen in place.

When it fully came out, it stood in front of me, motionless. It did have Cadance's structure, but it was very deformed, and looked highly unstable.

We both stared at each other. The thing twitched.

"What are you..." I asked.

I heard a dull voice calling for me. But I felt too interested in this creature to even move. Was I in a trance? The only thing I could tell was still in my control was my consciousness.

Just then, the kitchen doors burst open, and Shining went in. I snapped out of it, looking at him.

"*phew...*" he wiped under his horn. "You're alright."

I looked at the creature again, only to find it was gone... my shadow was back on the wall, as it should be.

"Come on, let's go to the dining room..." he nudged his head. "There's a bunch of things we really need to talk about! It has to do with all of this! Princess Twilight, your situation, even the humans, and-"

"Wait," I started. "I thought you were making me cook!"

Shining, pupils shrunken in fear, slowly shook his head.

"That wasn't me."

Author's Note:

There will obviously be another long break after this. I'm just trying to complete a list of tasks I gave myself.

Want to check out more of my content? Click here: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theories on what will happen. And always let the Brony or Pegasister within conquer your creativity.