• Published 1st May 2020
  • 852 Views, 23 Comments

TwiCarly - ThisUsernameIsTaken



Twilight lands in Seattle through Discord. She ends up becoming friends with certain teenagers that run a certain web show.

  • ...
4
 23
 852

iSleep

Twilight was feeling oddly happy today. Nothing weird happened that she has to deal with, the iCarly webcast went smoothly, and she was done with her stack of homework.

"Great," Twilight sighed in relief. "Now I can just relax and read about... anything that's not US History."

She grabbed the orb and looked through the library when there was a knock at the door.

"I should've seen that coming," Twilight grumbled, opening the door.

"Hey, Twilight," waved Carly. "Remember the last time on iCarly when we asked our viewers to submit dance videos to us?"

"Are we going to judge them now?"

"Well, yeah, but there's a bit of a problem."

"What?"

Carly hesitated to speak the bad news. "We got 3,000 dance videos submitted, so we have to watch 500 videos a day to finish judging them before the beginning of the next iCarly webcast."

"So we're gonna delay the webcast before we're done? The viewers will understand."

Carly shook her head. "We'd probably get way more submissions before then."

"Why didn't you add a deadline then?"

Carly thought about that for a moment. "Dang it. That's a good idea. I'll tell Freddie to announce a deadline."

"So we're gonna-"

Carly ignored her question. "We might as well start looking through the dance videos before our next show," she said, waving to her apartment. "Come on! Sam and Freddie are already there."

Twilight sighed. It was going to be a long night.


"I can't believe we only watched 482 videos and it's 9:30," Carly complained.

"Who's next?" Twilight asked, showing no signs.

"How are you not tired?" Freddie asked.

"I am getting sick of this, but I usually sleep at 11," Twilight replied. "Also, I'm walking around since there's no room on the couch."

"Good for you," Sam groaned.

They continued reviewing the dances up until Carly, Sam, and Freddie fell asleep. Twilight counted up all the dance videos they had looked at so far.

"Huh, we actually got through all 500 videos, minus Spencer's late submission," Twilight noted. "I'm glad we finished before they fell asleep."

Twilight decided it would be best if she just went back to her apartment. Looking through her orb's library, she looked up a book on sleep and dreams. According to some of the books, dreams tend to be more chaotic in this world. Currently, humans have no consensus on the purpose behind a dream. This is in contrast to Equestria, where dreams are more concrete and less chaotic, as proven by princess Luna's ability to comfort pony's nightmares.

Weird how a world with no magic tends to have more chaos, Twilight thought. I should study up on this in the morning.

Then she fell asleep.


Twilight and the rest of the iCarly crew were walking through Ponyville, with her acting like a tour guide.

"I'm really glad I was able to get back home and I'm really glad my new friends could come along with me," the alicorn said happily.

"Yeah, I'm only here because this is where we're filming iCarly for the webcast," Sam replied.

"Lighten up, Sam," Carly advised. "It could've been worse. We could be stumbling around in our new pony bodies."

"I was wondering about that. Why are we all able to-"

Before Freddie could finish his question, a bunch of royal guards ambush Sam.

"What the hay? Get off me!"

"No can do," answered the royal guard that sounded a lot like officer Carl. "You are under arrest for violating Friendship Code 10-point-5-slash-J-1984-Z-1776-T-dash-482. You have been repeatedly berating Freddie unprovoked."

Ignoring the ridiculous nonexistent Friendship Code Sam was being arrested for, Twilight tries to convince the royal guards to get off of her.

Suddenly, she's carrying a suitcase and sitting in front of Princess Celestia.

"How does the defendant plead?"

"Not guilty," Sam said with utmost confidence.

A crowd of boos was the response to this plea.

"Everypony stop!"

Twilight was breathing heavily as she made her case for Sam. "I have only interacted with Sam for a few weeks, but I don't think she's a bad pony. Sure, she can be a little insulting to Freddie, but she should not be treated like a criminal. Nopony me and my friends have faced had ever become friends with us when we just arrest them for being mean. Why is Sam any different? I know she'll come around and be friends with us."

There's murmuring in the jury as they take in Twilight's argument. Then one of the jury members whispers their verdict to Princess Celestia.

"Unfortunately, Twilight, the jury does not see it that way," Celestia shakes her head. "The jury finds the defendant-"

"NOT GUILTY!"

"Huh?"

Twilight watches as Princess Luna tackles her sister to the ground and bangs on the gavel. The ponies are now cheering at this sudden twist when they were basically after Sam's head a minute ago. Then Twilight realized what had happened.

"Am I dreaming?" Twilight asked in shock. "Wait, how did you get into my dream, princess?"

"Naturally, I sensed somepony had a nightmare, so I had to investigate. It was difficult, but I managed to find your dream. I wasn't sure which one to go through because they were all... jittering. I couldn't decipher who's dream was who's. I eventually found yours, but not before I found your friends' dreams. As for how they appeared, I am not sure."

"So you ended up in other people's dreams?"

"Precisely," Luna nodded. "They were bizarre, but they all happened to involve dancing of some sort."

"We were just reviewing dance videos before the day ended."

"Curious," Luna pondered for a bit. "And why was this 'Gibby' human not wearing an outfit like the rest of the humans?"

"Huh?"

Suddenly a portal was opened and Gibby ran out of it, only wearing shorts. "Is this where the test is? Am I too late?"

Luna poofs up a test with the word PASS on it and gives it to the boy. "It is and you've passed."

Gibby snatches the paper from the strange horse and looks at his test. His eyes widen and he lets out a triumphant, "GIBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!"

Gibby stops to catch his breath and runs out of the courtroom, possibly to show the dream ponies of Equestria how well he did on his test.

"Is the colt always like this?" Luna asks, uncovering her ears.

"I only ever talked to him once," Twilight replied, also covering her ears. "Maybe he is. A lot of my other friends aren't this weird, though."

Luna just nodded and moved on to another subject. "Apparently, Discord has made Spike-"

"The new Element of Magic. I was there when he gave him the crown," Twilight nodded. "He even gave him the ability to do magic."

"I think we can both agree that's not an ideal solution to our situation."

"Indeed."

"However, Spike being the bearer of the magic element is better than having no bearer at all," Luna admitted.

Twilight shrugged. "I guess. Hopefully, future me returns to Equestria before he has to use the element."

"We hope so, too."

"Luna we talked ab-"

"I know the 'royal we' is outdated now. I'm referring to the entire country of Equestria. We're all hoping nothing bad happens while you're away, especially my sister."

"Speaking of Princess Celestia: Is she okay?"

"I feared you'd ask that," Luna sighed. "She's extremely angry at Discord for sending you to some other world for no discernable reason. She even went as far as to use an old shock spell to interrogate the Lord of Chaos."

"It still concerns me that she decided to shock him," Twilight trembled.

"So you've already heard about it," Luna noted, before continuing. "When she received the news that Spike was the new bearer of the Element of Magic, she lost it. She's... better now, but I don't know why she had such strong responses to Discord's tricks. I've been scolding her for weeks about the shock spell. She insists she won't do it again." Luna said.

"Luna?"

"Yes, Twilight."

"When you said 'she lost it,' how severe was it?"

"We had to tie her down."

"Sweet Celestia!"

"No," Luna shook her head. "No, she wasn't."

There was a faint knocking sound.

"I think you're about to wake up."

"I can't wait to see you guys again," Twilight said. "And I hope Celestia is sane when I return."

"You'll be back in a few years," Luna smiled, as the dream faded away and was replaced with knocking. "I'll get my sister under control!"


"TWILIGHT!" Sam yelled from the other side of the door.

"What do you want, Sam? I'm trying to sleep!"

"Did ya conjure up some goth woman to scold me about Fredward again?"

"No, I was asleep! Why are we screaming?"

Twilight unlocked the door and Sam burst in growling. "Don't lie to me, Purple. You used some sort of mind spell to put a goth woman into my thoughts to scold me about Fredward."

"That wasn't me," Twilight insisted.

Sam sighed in anger and walked out of her room. "You're lucky she saved me from dancing to bagpipe music."

Twilight just sat on her bed, dumbfounded. She looked to the side and saw a piece of paper laying there. She grabbed it and began to read.

Dear Twilight,

I do not joke about such a serious matter as a shock spell punishment. I assure you, I have not gone insane. I was very aware the shock spell wouldn't significantly affect a being of chaos magic. I was merely annoying him into telling me what he was hiding and forced him to tell you what he told me.

It'll be terribly difficult to teach Spike magic, but I will definitely manage to get him to control it at the very least. He'll most likely make a great student, considering you took him under your wing.

I'm glad that a future version of you will inevitably return. It will be unfortunate that I will not receive any input about your Seattle visit after your future self arrives, although she can tell me about her six-year journey when possible. I miss you and wish you a safe trip back to Equestria.

Sincerely,
Princess Celestia

p.s. Please ignore the unusual handwriting. I am trying out a new writing style and am totally not a random pony hired by Princess Celestia myself to write for her myself. These are all my own personal words and this letter has not been ghostwritten in any way.

p.p.s. Okay, I might've lied. Princess Luna will be the one teaching Spike magic also help me with teaching Spike magic since it'll be more difficult for a dragon to use unicorn magic.

The letter only left Twilight wide-eyed. "What the hay?"

Author's Note:

Yes, the title is a reference to that dead meme. Yes, I am an unfunny Redditor.

Originally, this chapter was meant to be the ending portion of Chapter 3, but I decided against it because it would've been too long and it felt weird to make a chapter out of two episodes with the way I wrote it. Also, publishing two chapters at once will (maybe) compensate for the accidental hiatus.

Since these Author's Notes are pretty short, here's another stock picture. This time, it's a picture of a woman throwing spaghetti in the forest because I've noticed they eat spaghetti a few times, making the picture somewhat related.

Comments ( 6 )

:twilightoops: so on a scale of 1 to 10 how crazy did Celestia get during this??

Yaayy! New chapters!

So far this seems to currently be an interesting crossover.

I'm curious to see how Twilight will be involved in certain episodes (Like ipsycho)

I'll have to keep an eye on this for when the next update comes out.

10830769
Although I'm bad at giving numbers between 1 and 10, my mind is fixated on a 7. It could've been worse, but they did have to tie her down.

10831924
A lot of special episodes like iPsycho will definitely be the most fun to write imo.

10835863
fair point on that.

Suddenly a portal was opened and Gibby ran out of it, only wearing shorts. "Is this where the test is? Am I too late?"

Get out of here, Gibby! This is my nightmare!

I just couldn’t resist. :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment