• Published 1st May 2020
  • 849 Views, 23 Comments

TwiCarly - ThisUsernameIsTaken



Twilight lands in Seattle through Discord. She ends up becoming friends with certain teenagers that run a certain web show.

  • ...
4
 23
 849

iEnd Up in Seattle

It was a wonderful morning at Canterlot Castle. A princess coronation ceremony was held for princess Twilight Sparkle and everypony cheered for her. Afterward, Twilight Sparkle could be found in the castle locked in a fetal position surrounded by her closest friends.

"Everything will be fine. Everything will be fine. Everything will be fine," Twilight repeated to herself.

"She's been doing this for half an hour," Rainbow Dash said. She then grabbed her shivering body and shook it vigorously. "Snap out of it, Twilight!"

"Please stop shaking me Rainbow," Twilight pleaded.

"Sorry." Rainbow put her princess friend down. "At least you snapped out of it." That earned her a glare from the now alicorn.

"Pardon me, but what's got you so worked up Twilight?" Rarity asked.

"I don't know," she honestly replied. "I guess since I'm now a princess as well as an Element of Harmony, I have more responsibilities than I've been-"

"Sorry for interrupting Twilight," Spike began. "but as your assistan-"

"I have an idea." Suddenly, Discord appeared. It wasn't anything fantastical. He just appeared in front of the Elements of Harmony and accidentally knocked Spike headfirst into a wall. "Sorry about that," Discord said to Spike, getting a forgiving thumbs up in reply. "Anyways, I've come to help you with your newfound stress."

"I don't think that'll be nec-"

"Uh, uh, uh. You're clearly lost and confused in your new form Princess Sparkle. You need a vacation," Discord advised.

"Discord, I don't need a vacation," Twilight retorted angrily.

"See? You're stressed."

"Discord," Fluttershy snapped. "Twilight just needs a little bit of time to get used to her new royal status. She doesn't need a vacation."

"You're in a hostile environment right now," Discord argued. "You definitely need a vacation."

"Twilight don't need a vacation," Applejack retorted. "She just needs some rest an' maybe some apple pie."

"I don't need apple pie either, but thanks for the offer."

"Suddenly giving Twilight a vacation isn't a bad idea," Applejack grumbled.

"What was that darling," questioned Rarity.

"Nuthin'"

"You're not thanking me for offering a vacation?" Discord asked sadly. "It was a reasonable suggestion."

"Bu-" Twilight started to rebut but was immediately silenced by a sudden zipper to her mouth.

"Discord," Fluttershy warned. "You better not be trying to unleash chaos everywhere again." All of the Elements of Harmony immediately readied to turn Discord back into stone.

"I will do nothing of the sort," Discord assured. "I just wanted to offer Twilight a visit to a wonderful city called Seattle."

Nopony let their guard down.

"Let me explain."

Discord snapped his fingers to reveal a black box with a picture on a peculiar looking building and the words "The Wonders of Seattle" to the right of it. There were a few "ooh"s and "aah"s from the ponies, especially Pinkie Pie who liked the bright colors displayed. There were even more eyebrow raises as well, especially from Twilight and Fluttershy.

With a button push, the black box changed what was on the screen with spinning squares and more bright colors. The presentation continued for a few minutes and left most of the ponies convinced.

Rainbow Dash was amazed by the Museum of Flight, Fluttershy thought the Chihuly Garden looked nice, Applejack was just glad there were apples there, Rarity was astonished by the fashion styles the city provides, and Pinkie Pie was just convinced by the bright colors and exciting transitions.

The only pony left was Twilight. The princess wasn't entirely convinced Seattle was a safe place to visit and thought of it as a scheme to get rid of her.

"I'm not sure about this," Twilight hesitated.

"But they have a flying museum."

"And amazing fashion."

"Their garden is nice."

"They have apples."

"Look at all the pretty colors."

"Alright," Twilight conceded. "I'll go to Seattle," She started walking toward Discord. "but if you mess up Equestria while I'm gone we'll turn you back to stone."

"I promise this isn't a trap," Discord assured. "Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my- OW! MY EYE!"
...
...
"Anyways," Discord began, snapping at the black box as it reveals a portal. "This portal will lead you to your vacation spot. I hope you enjoy it."

Everybody waved goodbye to Twilight as she stepped into the portal, still convinced she's making a mistake. As the portal closed, Spike finally got his head out of the wall and said, "What did I miss?"


Upon arriving in Seattle, Twilight felt a bit different. Maybe it was just the chaos magic used to bring her to Seattle or maybe it was-

"What are these?"

Twilight inspected her forelegs. They did not look like the forelegs she walked on a few minutes ago. Attached to the hoof were oddly shaped claws. They moved similar to Spike's claws but didn't look as sharp. Looking down she noticed she was wearing some Seattle fashion Discord mentioned earlier. Her hind legs were also oddly shaped but similar to the forelegs.

"I guess I'm supposed to walk on two legs like Spike," was her only comment. She got up and started walking around the city, tripping every few blocks on accident. A creature that looked like her noticed her struggle and walked over to assess the situation.

"You need any help ma'am?" the stallion (at least she assumed he was a stallion) asked her.

"I don't think so," Twilight said, unsure of herself. She tripped and fell on the ground again.

"I think you need help."

"Please," Twilight groaned.


T-Bo carried the weird girl to his car. It was a really old and beat-up car but it drove, so he didn't care.

"Where do you live?" T-Bo asked.

"I'm not from around here," the girl replied.

"So you're on vacation."

"Yeah. I just arrived."

While he was driving, he kept an eye on the weird girl. Every time he looked back, he'd notice something weird about her.

"Why do you have a horn on your forehead?"

"I was born with it."

A few seconds pass.

"And you were born with the wings too?"

"No. I earned them."

"You literally earned your wings?"

"Yes."

"Okay then."

A few seconds pass.

"What's with that lump on your leg?"

"I have a lump on my leg?"


Twilight looked at her hind legs and noticed the weird spherical shape and felt it. Nothing hurt, so she assumed that it was in her pocket. She pushed her new appendage through the pocket and grabbed the object that formed the lump. It took a few tries, but she finally managed to figure out how to grab the sphere. She looked down at the white sphere wondering where it even came from.

Must be from Discord, Twilight thought. but why would he give me this?

Suddenly, the sphere became static noise. All she could see as the static faded was a blur, but then the image focused onto-

"Discord," Twilight whispered.

"Hello Twilight," Discord greeted. "I see you found the communication orb I designed. Now your friends and I can chat with you while you're in Seattle."

"Okay, but why didn't you just bring my friends to Seattle with me?"

"They didn't need the vacation."

Twilight facehooved, even though she didn't exactly have hooves. "How do I turn this thing off?"

"I think you just tap it three times, but you shouldn't hang up until I tell you about the wa-"

"Goodbye Discord," she waved as she tapped the orb three times, using only a claw to not damage the orb and put it back in her pocket. This was going to be a stress-free vacation and no Lord of Chaos would ruin it for her, even though she didn't completely agree to this and the Lord of Chaos gave her this supposedly stress-free vacation in the first place.


"We have arrived," T-Bo said as he entered the building with the strange girl.

"Where are we?"

"The Groovy Smoothie! I'm the manager," T-Bo replied. "I almost forgot to ask this, but what's your name?"

"Twilight," the weird girl responded.

"Seriously?"

"That's what my parents named me."

"Okay," T-Bo noted slightly confused. "My name's T-Bo by the way."

"That's a weird name," Twilight commented.

"Yeah. My name's weird." T-Bo whispered before asking if Twilight wanted a smoothie.

"Sure, what kind do you have?"

"We have Blueberry Banana Blitz, Blueberry Blitz, Tingleberry Blitz, Strawberry Splat, Jalepeño Blitz-"

"Why Jalepeño Blitz?"

"Trust me. It's delicious," encouraged T-Bo.

"I'll just have a large Blueberry Blitz smoothie."

"That'll be ten dollars."

Twilight froze. She didn't know if she had the money to pay for the smoothie.

"Do you not have any money on you," T-Bo questioned.

"I don't know."

"Check your pockets," he suggested. "You might've put your wallet in your pants like that orb."

Just like T-Bo had guessed, Twilight had a wallet full of cash in a back pocket she didn't even know she had. That's probably what Discord was trying to tell me about, she thought.

T-Bo was pretty sure there was a large roll of 100 dollar bills in there. She pulled out a ten-dollar bill and gave it to him.
"This says ten," Twilight noted. "Is this what you meant?"

"Yes," T-Bo said, snatching the bill out of her hand. How does she not know what a ten-dollar bill looks like, he thought.

A few moments later, she got her Blueberry Blitz smoothie, which she happily drank. "This is really good."

"Thank you. You should tell your parents about The Groovy Smoothie."

"They're not with me."

T-Bo raised an eyebrow. "What about an aunt or an uncle?"

"I have no family members in Seattle," Twilight replied.

"You look a little young to be vacationing on your own. When were you born?"

"1994."

"So you're about 13 and on vacation by yourself," T-Bo confirmed. Twilight spat out some of the smoothie she was drinking. How could she be 6 years in the past just by going to this Seattle place?

"Did the smoothie start to taste bad? I can replace that with the Jalepeño Blitz flavor if you wanted. It'll cost you another ten dollars though."

"No. I just realized I... don't exactly have a place to live right now," Twilight quickly said, technically telling the truth.

"Well you did say you just arrived here," T-Bo said. "Tell you what. I'll give you directions to Bushwell Plaza. It's an apartment complex and you can get an apartment there. It's not that far and I'm sure you won't trip that much to get there."

Twilight thanked T-Bo as he gave her the directions to Bushwell Plaza. She left with the smoothie. She's the weirdest customer I ever had, he thought. Wait a minute. Did I just send a 13-year-old girl somewhere to live on her own?


As Twilight entered Bushwell Plaza, she was welcomed with open arms.

Just kidding!

"UGH! ANOTHER PERSON!" yelled the doorman. "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"

Twilight cautiously approached the screaming man. Now I know why Fluttershy doesn't like talking to new ponies, she thought.

"I'd like to rent an apartment please," said Twilight hesitantly. "How much is it?"

"NO MORE PEOPLE!" yelled the doorman again.

Suddenly, Twilight caught on fire and her mane turned red. "I WANT A ROOM!" she yelled back, scaring the doorman.

"That'll be 400 dollars a month. You'll be in apartment 8-B right next to the Bensons," he shuddered. "W-what's your name?"

"Twilight Sparkle," she replied.

As fast as she caught on fire, she was quickly extinguished and calm again. She thanked him for the apartment and paid for her first month.

"Here are your keys," he said, giving them to Twilight. "Enjoy your stay at Bushwell Plaza, Miss Sparkle."

After she took the keys and walked up the stairs, the doorman fainted.


On the 8th floor of Bushwell Plaza, a purple-haired girl turns the corner, trudging along and sweating as she desperately looks for her room. Much of the exhaustion came from her lack of coordination causing her to fall down the stairs a few times, which could've been avoided if she knew what an elevator was.

"I finally made it to the 8th floor and I only tripped twice," Twilight wheezed, before opening a map of the eighth floor. "Okay, where's 8-B?"

Luckily for Twilight, it was right next to room 8-D, which was just right around the corner. She unlocked the door to a living room, which had a black box she recognized from Discord's presentation on the city.

"Speaking of Discord,"

Twilight sat on the couch next to the box, took the orb out of her pocket and tapped it three times in an attempt to turn in back on. Luckily, it worked and the static started up again. Unlike last time, the orb focused on a certain pink earth pony.

"Hiya Twilight!"

"Hey Pinkie Pie," Twilight greeted. "Can you get Discord?"

"Okie dokie lokie," Pinkie Pie exclaimed as she zipped out of the picture. Twilight could've sworn she was at a construction site with all the noises coming out of the orb, but she knew it was just Pinkie being Pinkie. The noises finally stopped and Discord entered the picture.

"Hello Clarice," said Discord. In response, Twilight raised an eyebrow. Pinkie Pie could be heard in the background saying "I told you she would be confused."

"I'm just going to ignore that," Twilight stated.

"Did you need anything from me Twilight?"

"I just want to know when I can go home. I don't exactly know how to do that myself," Twilight explained.

"Not any time soon," Discord specified.

"What?" was all Twilight could say.

"I'm sorry Twilight. I really am," Discord apologetically said. "I forgot to mention the fact that Seattle doesn't have much magic anywhere. Unfortunately, that means that you have to figure out a spell to get yourself out of there because you are the only bearer of magic in Seattle."

"Are you kidding me," Twilight nearly yelled. "I'm stuck here forever?"

"Well, not necessarily forever," Discord assured Twilight.

"Can't you just open the portal in your box and-"

"It can't work in reverse," Discord reluctantly added. "It's easier to send entities from a magic world to a non-magic world than in reverse."

"So I'm stuck here forever," Twilight said.

"I just said not necessarily forever."

"You better not be-"

"I'm not," Discord insisted. "I'm in Fluttershy's cottage with her and Pinkie Pie. Taking care of animals is not the same as wreaking havoc and bringing chaos to the world."

"I was going to say you better not be lying to me," Twilight continued.

"Lie? Me," Discord replied, feigning ignorance. "I would never." Twilight raised an eyebrow at that comment, which Discord ignored.

"Well I have to go now, but I'd advise you to enroll at Ridgeway Junior High School. You're only 13 and it'd be suspicious if you stayed in your apartment instead of going to school. Besides, wouldn't education be your ideal vacation? You like books too much."

"Why specifically Ridgeway Junior High School?"

"It's the only school I could get information on. When a being of magic is near a non-magical item no matter how large, chaos magic users can get information about that item. That's why I know about the tourist attractions in Seattle."

"I have a feeling you're not telling me something," Twilight guessed.

"Goodbye Twilight," waved Discord as he tapped three times.
...
...
"I might've deserved that, but he still should tell me the real reason why he can't bring me back."

Suddenly the static noise came back and Discord appeared again. "Fluttershy told me to tell you that she's taking care of Spike while you're away. Also, the residents in Seattle are of a species known as humans. Goodbye." He tapped the orb again before Twilight could say anything.

"At least there's some good news," Twilight mumbled. She looked at the time, which was conveniently on a small table next to the couch. 7 PM already? she thought as her stomach growled. I should get something to eat.

Luckily right next to the living room was a kitchen. She looked inside the fridge and saw a bunch of fruits and vegetables provided by the staff, so naturally, she grabbed a few apples with her mouth and ate them. They weren't as great as the ones at Sweet Apple Acres, but they were good enough to satisfy the princess's hunger.

Bored out of her mind, she experimented with the orb. Tapping the orb once revealed an array of symbols. The first and only symbol she saw was a book, so naturally, she tapped on it, revealing a whole library of books from Equestria. I can read on this thing, she thought excitedly.

Needless to say, she was busy for the next four hours before she drifted off to sleep.


The next morning, Twilight woke up to loud knocks at her apartment door, still half asleep.

Who could be up at... 6 in the morning, Twilight wondered, as she checked the time.

The knocking continued as she walked towards the door and opened it. Right behind the door was a male human that was slightly shorter than herself with short, dark brown hair. He wore a striped shirt with shorts, which would probably make Rarity freak out over the unusual fashion.

"Hello," he greeted with an outstretched hand. "My name is Freddie. I heard you were my new neighbor. Nice to meet ya."

"Twilight," she replied, as she took his clawed hoof and shook it. "I had to scare the guy at the lobby to get a room here."

"So that's why Lewbert was unconscious on the floor this morning," Freddie whispered to himself, letting go of Twilight's hand. "Are you planning on staying in Seattle?"

"Umm..." Twilight didn't know how to answer that. She assumed she would leave Seattle eventually, but she also knew that she was stuck here for a while because Discord was supposedly unable to bring her back. "Yes, but I don't know for how long."

"I see."

"Yeah. I'm planning on enrolling at Ridgeway-"

"That's where I go to school," Freddie chimed in. "It's actually near here. I can take you there with my friend... and her friend that hates me."

"Really?" Twilight asked. Freddie nodded, receiving a surprise hug in response as Twilight excitedly exclaimed "Thank you" several times. Freddie was shocked but didn't want the hugging to stop. It was the closest he's ever been to a girl that wasn't his mother. He could only mutter a "You're welcome," before the euphoria made him faint. Not knowing he was unconscious, she let go of Freddie as his body fell to the ground. "Sweet Celestia," she cried.

Almost immediately after Freddie collapsed, a female turned the corner to witness the scene. She had long blond hair and wore a shirt and pants as well, which Twilight found odd because the mares typically wore dresses if they wore clothes at all. She tilted her head up and said "Sup. I'm Sam." Twilight waved in return.

"Hi. I'm Twilight."

Neither Sam nor Twilight knew what to say next until Sam decided to address the elephant in the room. "So why is the nerd knocked out?"

"I hugged him and he fainted," Twilight explained.

"Eww. Why would you hug Fredward?"

"He offered to take me to Ridgeway with his friend and her friend that hates him."

"Well, I'm the friend of his friend that hates him," Sam proudly told Twilight. "Me and Carly can take you there."

"What about-"

"Don't worry about him," Sam assured, patting Twilight on her shoulder. "He'll be there once he regains consciousness." Before Twilight could say anything, Sam walked toward room 8-C and started banging on the door. "Carly!" she yelled. Luckily, the door opened before she could repeat herself.

"Good morning Sam," greeted Carly. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Freddy unconscious. Turning back to Sam she asked, "What did you do to Freddie?"

"It wasn't me. It was the weird purple-haired chick over there," she said, pointing to Twilight.

"I may have hugged him after he offered to take me to Ridgeway," Twilight added, feeling a little embarrassed. "He fainted."

"Ah," Carly understood. "You know he's never been hugged by a girl that wasn't his own mother."

"Yeah, that's really sad," Sam sarcastically said with an exaggerated frown. "Now are we going to school or not? I mean I don't care if we're late, but I don't want to be expelled for not showing up."

Sam doesn't seem very friendly, Twilight thought with concern.

Carly looked at her friend in confusion. "Since when did you care about getting expelled?"

"They have great food in the cafeteria," Sam explained. "My mom doesn't feed me."

They went, but not without Twilight locking the door leading to her room. She had to move Freddie's still... still body so she could close the door. Right after they left, Freddie woke up. "I'm gonna be late," he cried before running out of the building, running back to his apartment to get his backpack, then running back out the building to get to school.


"Your name is Twilight Sparkle," principal Franklin asked.

"Yes."

"And you're here to enroll in the 8th grade. Am I correct?"

"Yes."

"Before you do, I'm going to have to give you a placement test to see where you currently are in your education. It'll just be on what we've already covered this year. It won't take too long."

"I'll do my best," Twilight assured. "Am I going to take it now?"

"Yup."


As the principal said, the test didn't take too long. It only took an hour.

"So you did well in every subject except for U.S. History and you did exceptional in math. It's probably been a while since you've learned it, so I recommend you check out a US History textbook from the library and start reading about the Revolutionary War first. I'll set up your schedule and you'll officially be a student here starting Monday. For now, you can take a tour of the campus."

"What's today?"

"Friday. Your first day is in three days."

Twilight thanked the principal and went to check out the rest of the school. While she was leaving the principal's office, one thing the principal said lingered in her mind.

Revolutionary War?


"What's with all these weird flyers?" Twilight wondered as she looked at the several flyers around the building depicting one of the human's heads in place of somepony's body. She wasn't sure what kind of species it was, but she couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous the pictures looked.

Among the images was a poster advertising the school talent show.

"Auditions are tomorrow," it read. "Bring your talent!"

Maybe I should audition, Twilight thought. It'll be fun and I can show them my magic.

As she left the school, she sighed. "This is going to be an interesting vacation."

Author's Note:

This is just some dumb crossover I wrote out of boredom and I regret nothing/everything. My mind switches between the two frequently, so I had to type both.

I have a limited knowledge of My Little Pony, so I'm not sure how accurate things like characterization are.