• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 3,636 Views, 196 Comments

Ranger's Destiny (Undergoing Edited) - TasteDaRainbow



Rangers find themselves in a world full of colorful talking ponies and an adventure awaits them. A war is taking place on Equestria. How can they survive through all of this? And the most important thing is, will they ever get back home? God help us.

  • ...
21
 196
 3,636

Decisions

Son of a bitch. Daniel thought to himself. The ponies and the rangers were everywhere cheering their victory and freedom. Well, for him, if Celestia manage to find a way back to their world, Earth... you know what it feels right? You have make the toughest decision you'll ever make. Leaving the love of your life, or save your own homeland. Earth, hearing it's name always remembers him about home. No matter if the world is in chaos or whatever. Home is home. No one can change that. Also, they're humans in Equestria. The only humans, he thinks that he didn't belong here. Much like the ponies didn't belong on Earth. Sure they're smart, heck, they talk and think like humans. But let's get the point here. You know what humans will do if they see another creature from far away land, planet or something, they'll be experimented. Daniel have the love of his life here, in Equestria. But Earth also needs them. The world is at war. He just hope whatever danger might happen, General Miller will take control of it.

"Hey, why so clumsy?" A voice snap Daniel out of his thoughts. He look to his right and see Shining and Twilight walking towards him.

"Hey Dann, you all right?" Twilight asks him with a concern look.

"Yeah... I'm fine..." Daniel replies limply.

"Hey," Shining says, "You said back on the last fight, umm... D-Day isn't it?" Daniel smile and nod at him. "What is it anyway?" Daniel gestures the siblings to take a seat in front of him, which they comply.

"You sure you wanna hear this?" Daniel asks them just to make sure they don't vomit in the middle of his explanation. They both nod. "All right," Daniel shrugs, "D-Day, codename Operation Neptune, it was the largest seaborne invasion in history. It's the invasion of a country called Normandy during the World War II."

"World War II?" Twilight asks a bit afraid, "You mean, you had another war before?"

"Yes," Daniel replies, "The World War I..." Daniel told them everything about the war back on Earth and the siblings listened to every word the sergeant said very carefully. From the murder of Franz Ferdinand to the Soviets overcome the Reichstag.

"Wow," Shining says as Daniel finish his story, "Most of your history seems to revolve around conflict."

"Indeed," Daniel nods, "But without those conflicts, we won't able to invent many things before. Like the jet fighter, if the World War II didn't exist, we haven't create it until now... probably." He could saw Twilight tears beginning to form in her eyes, but she wiped them away. Daniel smiled at her but his smile fade away as the earlier thought rushed through his mind again. He sighed and looked down.

"Something wrong, Sarge?" Shining asks.

"Just... thinking about home. I wonder what's happening back there." He laid back to the chair he's been sitting on.

"I know it's tough for you being far away from home," Shining tries to relax the ranger, "But you said that your world is at war, right?" Daniel only nods. "So why are you still feel like homesick? Don't you like being in here? In a world that's peaceful enough to ease up your mind? Nothing for you to worry about?"

Daniel buries his face onto his hand and let's out a groan. "I know, I just couldn't help myself but to think about them. They need us. And we need them." He look at the siblings. "From what Phillip said, we lost forty thousand rangers in a blink of an eye. I bet Miller was now doing a table flip challenge in his room while smoking to ease up his mind."

"So... you want to leave?" Twilight asks, a hurt look in her eyes. Daniel looked at her and sighed.

"Well, I don't know. I mean, sure I love being here. Heck, I got Applejack to stay by my side. But on Earth, I know they need us too. To end the war, to end the massacre, to protect those who can't protect themselves. We already done it here. And I guess the rangers here too want to go back home." He looked at the rangers who are laughing with the Elements and some guards. He sighed again. "They all miss home... no, we all miss home." He run his hand through his hair. Shining and Twilight could tell he was hurting. He missed home, just like other rangers, but they couldn't help but feel like losing their friends if they be able to get back home, even though they were aliens to them. "I wish there were alternative to all of this." Daniel finally says.

The three of them sit there in silence until Celestia and Luna walk to them. "Evening Staff Sergeant," Celestia calmly said to him. Daniel limply nod to her.

"Daniel? What's wrong?" Luna asks a bit worry.

Daniel sighs. "I don't know... I just feel like homesick." Hearing this, Celestia's face brightened and looked to Luna, who smiled and nodded at her.

Celestia looked back at Daniel. "I have a surprise for you Daniel." He lift his head up to face the Princess and give her a questioning look.

"And what is that?" He asks.

"Tell your other rangers to gather here," Luna said. Daniel nods and call all of the rangers to gather around. The rangers, along with the Elements immediately circling the sergeant and asks why is he calling them.

"The Princesses wants to tell us something," Daniel says.

Celestia clear her throat and begin to speak, "Before I speak to the point, I just wanted to thank you once more, for helping us winning the war and save this world from chaos." The rangers nod and waited for her to continue. "So, to express my gratitude to you, turns out without the Elements of Harmony, me and my sister here already have enough power to return you back to your world. Earth."

"YESSSS!!!!!" Chase shouted excitedly, followed by other rangers around him. Cheering and hollering in the room like there was nobody else with them. However, all of the ponies in the room seemed quite sad hearing this news, even the Royal Guards themselves. Forbes grabs Daniel by the shoulder and shakes him vigorously.

"WE'RE GOIN' BACK HOME KID!! YA HEAR THAT?!!" He shouted right onto his ear.

"HOOAH!!" Shouts one of the rangers. The cheer soon dies down and the rangers then looked at Celestia and Luna.

"So, when do we start?" Johnson asked still putting a smile on his face.

"Well, I suggest you get some sleep first," Luna said, "We'll bring you home tomorrow morning."

"Aight," Forbes said, "Well, it's getting late. I'd better go and take some rest."

Celestia nods and smile, "Of course Sergeant, besides the Gala is about to end anyway. And you deserve your rest." The rangers smiled. After saying the Princesses goodbye, they began to walk towards the exit, didn't even notice the sad look of the ponies around them because their minds continue to think about one thing... home. But not for the young sergeant, he's just standing there still in front of the Princesses while looking at the ground.

"Dann?" Starlight asked, "Is something bothering you? If it is, you can tell us."

Daniel shook his head and looked at the unicorn, "Nah, I'm fine Star." He said as he stroke her mane gently. Starlight immediately leaned in on his hand, feeling his soft skin stroking her mane was unbelievably nice.

"All right, I'm gonna go catch up with the others, see ya." Daniel walked away from them. But before he stepped outside, he looked back at the ponies. No, not the ponies... but the orange mare, Applejack. She seemed hurt knowing they'll leave. Daniel sighed and turned around and walked, leaving the sad ponies in the room behind.

______________________________________________


Daniel glance at his watch, 02:13. Dammit, he thought. He haven't slept since he got back from the Gala. His thoughts are rushing through his mind relentlessly. Seriously, he had been worse than this, but still it was tough to make your own choice. All of the rangers are now sleeping in random places, whether in somepony's house, Twilight's castle, or in their vehicles. Daniel sighs and sit up on his bed. Looking through the window on his right, he sees the most beautiful scenery he had ever seen.

"Luna must have worked hard on this," he said out loud and smiled. He got up from his bed and walked to the door. Opening it, he was greeted by the breeze that's coming from the open windows. He closed the door behind him and walk through the hallway and onto the main door.

Once he got out from the castle, he began to walk around the town. It looks so peaceful, so calm, nothing for the ponies now to worry about cause the war is no longer amongst them. Daniel smiled at the thought, he did it, the rangers did it. They sure did a one big hell of a job. He then spotted a familiar lonely tree with a small hill on it. He walk towards it and sat down, leaning against the tree and let out a sigh.

"What the hell am I gonna do," he said while looking at the beautiful night sky. He recognizes some of the constellations and somewhat it made him smile. This world is definitely very different from Earth. It has no pollution, didn't have many wars, heck, crime rarely happens here. This is such a beautiful world. He bet that every humans wanted to live here, but they'll end up creating another chaos. He closed his eyes, trying to ease up his mind while thinking about tomorrow's event. They're coming home... the rangers will finally see their homelands again. But not for Daniel, he didn't have any home, family, and he don't want to burden his friends by letting him stay on their homes. But here, in Equestria, everything seems perfect. He had Applejack, the mare he cared and loved the most, her friends that will always wanting to help him in the time in needs, ponies who love him, care about him. He smiled at the thought if he lives here, in the wonderful world of Equestria. After a minute or two, he have made up his mind. He smiled and opened his eyes, looking up at the sky, he said, "Guess that is the choice." He chuckled lightly. "Better get some sleep for another long day." With that, he walked back to the castle with a smile on his face. "I'll see you again my friends. This is for you Finn, Jerry... I hope you'll like it."

Author's Note:

Sorry the waiting, I just had to do some tournaments with my friends. And boy it's worth a lot.